Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR General Talk
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-7-2007, 05:25 PM   #41
hyprskillz
FFR Player

Default Re: AAAs have no meaning

I agree with GuidoHunter but for different reasons. I have found numerous of FFR stepcharts to be offbeat on certain parts (in terms of getting Perfects), and so far I've only managed to AAA songs with the music off. In fact, my PA is much better on FFR with music off, which is depressing because FFR is supposed to be a music game.
Old 09-7-2007, 07:14 PM   #42
dawg4321
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to dawg4321

I really don't agree with this Guido. Some players have incredible talent and AAA'ing songs is piss easy. Most good SM Players rack up AAAA's anyways. It's not luck, it's just a lot of talent.

dawg4321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-7-2007, 07:21 PM   #43
Izzy-chandess
FFR Player

Thank you, Guido, now I don't feel so bad when my pet rat crawls across my hand while playing "Halcyon" and I fail.

The world has gone crazy and so have I.
Izzy-chandess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-7-2007, 08:39 PM   #44
6 p01nt3d*st@r
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to 6 p01nt3d*st@r

Yeah, I can't get that many AAA's because my fingers tend to move a lot and I have ADD wich I can get distacted easley.

6 p01nt3d*st@r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-8-2007, 10:31 AM   #45
dawg4321
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to dawg4321

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
real men stop playing a song as soon as they AA it and go find a new challenge, maybe sonething they can only B

accuracy is overrated, AAs and As and passes of hard stuff is way more meaningful
if you're talking about ffr then you're smoking something strange lol. if it's stepmania then yes i can consider that.

dawg4321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-8-2007, 10:49 AM   #46
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar

Quote:
if you're talking about ffr then you're smoking something strange lol. if it's stepmania then yes i can consider that.
QFT

I noticed that everyone on Guido's side are people who cant AAA worth a crap (Hi19 being diffifrent, of couse). People who can AAA know that getting that AAA is hard as hell. The process of just hitting that many arrows on perfect is a chore in itself, let alone the patterns. It's a skill no doubt.

Quote:
I agree with GuidoHunter but for different reasons. I have found numerous of FFR stepcharts to be offbeat on certain parts (in terms of getting Perfects), and so far I've only managed to AAA songs with the music off. In fact, my PA is much better on FFR with music off, which is depressing because FFR is supposed to be a music game.
This I can somewhat agree with. The old songs are off and the some of the newer ones have wrong offsets (I noticed One Last Battle, AAA, and 8Bit are pretty bad off)

Facebook / Youtube / Twitter

MixMasterLar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-8-2007, 10:59 AM   #47
KilikOdagawa
Zombie Dancer
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to KilikOdagawa

MixMasterLar is absolutely right about what i'm about to say. I can't AAA for **** but I can only think of a few instances where getting AAA really matter.

Unlocking Skill Tokens and tournaments.

Really all I go for is SDG or BF. Either works for me. But if I can't do either, I try to get a 80-90% PA. Makes sense.
Old 09-8-2007, 12:39 PM   #48
Yuruka
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecht3009046 View Post
You can only say that now that Shash has left rofl.
I'm sick of people saying Shash has left. He hasn't. He just isn't active that much anymore because he's in college or something (lol)

He's still here. He didn't do an Arch0wl on us XD.

You Gonna Get Raped!
I hate those gay poké/digifag adoptables.
Lol 100 posts in about 2 days.
Yuruka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 05:10 PM   #49
The Bain
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

So what does have the meaning? FC's? Any dmb@ss with enough determination can Full Combo for masters only songs like EHHS or Silence purely by mashing the keys. Is this skill? FFR put WAY too much emphisis on The Full Combo as opposed to timing as the main source of achievement.

I think timing has a lot to say about how good you are and I maintain that the people who can full combo a song with all perfects are still better than the ones who get a single digit good. Agreed? However, I also think that the people who beat a song with one miss in the middle and all perfects otherwise are better than the people who pound their keyboards into submission to achieve an FC. However, the Scores and stats don't agree with me

What I think Should be done, although It's a shame this would not be allowed, would be to add another timing judgement comparable to "Good" or "Boo" in stepmania in which hitting too early or late will cause you to lose your combo. Thus mashers would be out of the question (However, I know Lumphobo would object to my theory lol). And introduce a new scoring system where your final score isn't determined by Max combo.

All right, Let the flaming on The BAin Begin!!!! lol

Good Times
- The BAin
Old 09-11-2007, 03:22 PM   #50
perkeyone
FFR Player

so yeah some of the people who can aaa easily say its a skillfull thing
some of the less skilled think its all about luck
some of the intelligent people think its a combination of both
because it is. skill and luck (and a fast computer).

on a side note
i personally think it would be tremendously harder to full average a song than to full perfect it.
perkeyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 03:31 PM   #51
devonin
Very Grave Indeed
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin

Quote:
So what does have the meaning? FC's?
Um...no. So I guess the rest of your rant doesn't really contribute.

Nobody is saying "AAAs have no meaning" like "Nobody should think that someone with AAAs is good" or something.

The thrust of the discussion is "Once you can consistanly Blackflag/SDG a song every time you play it, the only real difference between that and a AAA is a willingness to whore the song for a few dozen iterations, as such, the crazy emphasis that FFR.com puts on AAAs seems misplaced, because getting a AAA isn't indicative of skill, it is indicative of time."

So comparisons between schlep who can't FC the song, and someone who can AAA it are invalid in this discussion, because that's not what is being spoken about.

The point Guido is/was trying to make seems to me to be this: "Why is it that the community puts such an emphasis on a AAA -over- consistant BF'ing/SDG'ing, when there's no actual skill differential involved in getting one over the other, just a time investment"
devonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 03:38 PM   #52
damanwithdaskillz
Banned
FFR Veteran

Well I don't have many AAA's, but my 12-0-0-0 on Szamar Madar after two tries indicates some skill
damanwithdaskillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 03:42 PM   #53
devonin
Very Grave Indeed
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin

*sigh* nobody is even really talking about skill here. We're putting forward the proposition "Once you are good enough on a song to BF/SDG it consistantly, the only difference between that and a AAA is investing enough time into it to get an iteration where nothing outside your control happens to go wrong, so why is it that the community here goes so ape**** for AAAs?"
devonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 05:55 PM   #54
The Bain
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by devonin View Post
why is it that the community here goes so ape**** for AAAs?"
my previous rant aside, obviously because getting a AAA (except in exceptional circumstances) is the only way to get rank #1 on a song and getting #1 greatly decreaces your level rank average and a low level rank makes you cool! haha (Sorry for the run on sentence lol)

Good Times
- The BAin
Old 09-12-2007, 02:14 AM   #55
ChrisReams
Trap Music Producer
FFR Veteran

Everybody makes really good points, and I do agree with most of what the thread starter stated. Simply for the fact, I have been playing FFR a long time, even when I got better and better, easy songs could still not be AAA'd by me. Songs that seemed like they should be easy as pie. But he's right. Im not a robot. I might blink twice in a row; I might hit the key a little off; I might get distracted. Too many things can go wrong at any given point in time.

Even when playing easy songs, I find myself messing up simply for the fact that Im human. If I can Full Combo a song, I am satisfied, because it means I comprehend the entire notechart. (Not talking about button mashing a FC).
ChrisReams is offline   Reply With Quote