Old 05-4-2020, 03:00 PM   #3261
Duskfall
FFR Player

Default Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread

@shadowolfe the only person that i referenced dead players on was dbp, and i feel like i have already talked about him a lot and my read on him is pretty clear

My personal play has never been "here is all the stuff I am thinking", usually i post my thoughts as they arise but admittadly I haven't been focused enough on this game to post a follow-along-able progression so it does make me hard to read (though not impossible). I do think my early days are inherently not scummy by the fact i was just lolcatting and not playing the game, though they aren't really towny either.

I don't really do well with "yo generic question here dusk what are all your reads", I feel like I have given up where I am at rn. If you want to engage in a conversation with me it is a lot more effective to pose more specific questions, because I find them more interesting and easier to answer. I do really think just typing up whole readlists aren't great and it is easy to waffle a reason to read everyone when you aren't focusing on one point.
Old 05-4-2020, 03:00 PM   #3262
Hakulyte
the Haku
Retired StaffD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

I think I'm more confident voting ShadoWolfe than Dusk/DBP.

That's how upset I am.
Old 05-4-2020, 03:01 PM   #3263
Duskfall
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte View Post
I'm pretty upset that you would vote DBP over Duskfall here.
You were townreading me earlier in the day you shouldn't feel bad about someone else thinking I am town
Old 05-4-2020, 03:02 PM   #3264
Duskfall
FFR Player

Also wrt to listening to dead player's reads mafia is a team game and trying to do everything on your own is bad play, there is no reason to not take account of other people's thoughts
Old 05-4-2020, 03:02 PM   #3265
Hakulyte
the Haku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duskfall View Post
You were townreading me earlier in the day you shouldn't feel bad about someone else thinking I am town
I town read your tone, but the mechanical play goes against you and it's hard to ignore it because it usually have more weight than tone.
Old 05-4-2020, 03:03 PM   #3266
Duskfall
FFR Player

Quote:
I town read your tone, but the mechanical play goes against you and it's hard to ignore it because it usually have more weight than tone.
You mean the fact dbp claimed to block me?
Old 05-4-2020, 03:04 PM   #3267
Hakulyte
the Haku

Quote:
You mean the fact dbp claimed to block me?
Yeah because it's the only way I can explain the night actions.

The moment I choose to believe you, the night actions don't make sense unless it's exactly ShadoWolfe/Bolth/Jessie.
Old 05-4-2020, 03:06 PM   #3268
Duskfall
FFR Player

Quote:

The moment I choose to believe you, the night actions don't make sense unless it's exactly ShadoWolfe/Bolth/Jessie.
Well dbp could be scum idling to set me up still, if you think I am town outside mechanics then you have to accept that i could be getting set up as mislynch here

Are you that confident dbp is town, outside of his role claim?
Old 05-4-2020, 03:07 PM   #3269
Hakulyte
the Haku

Quote:
Well dbp could be scum idling to set me up still, if you think I am town outside mechanics then you have to accept that i could be getting set up as mislynch here

Are you that confident dbp is town, outside of his role claim?
I'm just a lot more confident hitting a wolf outside of PRs in this game.

Also unfortunate for you that we haven't played together before because that makes me not trust my tone read on you consistently.
Old 05-4-2020, 03:08 PM   #3270
Duskfall
FFR Player

Quote:
I'm just a lot more confident hitting a wolf outside of PRs in this game.

Also unfortunate for you that we haven't played together before because that makes me not trust my tone read on you consistently.
Ok imagine that dbp is wolf and I am town for a second, this world still makes a lot of sense why dbp would idle and claim a block on me right? He wins the game if I am mislynched
Old 05-4-2020, 03:10 PM   #3271
Duskfall
FFR Player

It also means that him being alive makes sense, because if scum shoot someone and it is not in the blocker questions get asked, so the only people scum dbp can actually shoot is p much mml, assuming mml is town. I think that is noteworthy and i just realised that
Old 05-4-2020, 03:12 PM   #3272
Hakulyte
the Haku

Quote:
Ok imagine that dbp is wolf and I am town for a second, this world still makes a lot of sense why dbp would idle and claim a block on me right? He wins the game if I am mislynched
I guess the scenario where his roleblock is fake is very easy to fake as a wolf.

Keeping MML would just bring more chaos here.
Old 05-4-2020, 03:16 PM   #3273
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

Quote:
@shadowolfe the only person that i referenced dead players on was dbp, and i feel like i have already talked about him a lot and my read on him is pretty clear
And yourself in terms of how other people should read you based in dead players' townreads, which is never ever said here or anywhere else I've played

Quote:
Also wrt to listening to dead player's reads mafia is a team game and trying to do everything on your own is bad play, there is no reason to not take account of other people's thoughts
I'm with you here. We do listen to dead reads as a source of confirmed town insight, but there's only so much you can do with em because of the evolving gamestate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte
I followed the "by the book" play, but I was reading the "not to do" page.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
" I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley."
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoshL View Post
"i gave you 20 ducks, and spent a lot of time making one of them quack, and pointed at the particular one and asked "is that one the worst quacker"" ... "you could still give somewhat of an answer based on the quality of the quacks, and the other random quacks from the ducks surrounding that weren't the center of focus."
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie
"I love Wolfe's duck avi so much. Shado's Duck Shrine is the best!!
Old 05-4-2020, 03:16 PM   #3274
Duskfall
FFR Player

Quote:
I guess the scenario where his roleblock is fake is very easy to fake as a wolf.

Keeping MML would just bring more chaos here.
The fact that you agree that if he is wolf and I am town this block is easy to fake

Means that you must consider the world heavily, because if he is wolf and I am town this is likely to happen, therefore his claim raises his towniness none at all and raises my scum equity none at all
Old 05-4-2020, 03:22 PM   #3275
Hakulyte
the Haku

Quote:
The fact that you agree that if he is wolf and I am town this block is easy to fake

Means that you must consider the world heavily, because if he is wolf and I am town this is likely to happen, therefore his claim raises his towniness none at all and raises my scum equity none at all
Well, I just want to evaluate both worlds, no more no less.

I obviously need help for solving this.
Old 05-4-2020, 03:22 PM   #3276
Duskfall
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe View Post
And yourself in terms of how other people should read you based in dead players' townreads, which is never ever said here or anywhere else I've played

I'm with you here. We do listen to dead reads as a source of confirmed town insight, but there's only so much you can do with em because of the evolving gamestate.
I was mostly saying that because people said I was impossible to townread and I was disputing that fact because others have

But yes dead townies are dead for a reason listening to what they say is good, consistently all the people townreading me dying is a good look for me and I'm not afraid to say that because it is stupid to not point out something that might prevent my lynch when my lynch would lose the game
Old 05-4-2020, 03:25 PM   #3277
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

Quote:

.. What?
From a Haku perspective, dusk being town should shift suspicion to the claimed roleblocker for no killing to strengthen his claim. The 0 partner equity aside, how do you get to exactly me/bolth/jessie based on night actions?

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
"i gave you 20 ducks, and spent a lot of time making one of them quack, and pointed at the particular one and asked "is that one the worst quacker"" ... "you could still give somewhat of an answer based on the quality of the quacks, and the other random quacks from the ducks surrounding that weren't the center of focus."
Quote:
Old 05-4-2020, 03:25 PM   #3278
Duskfall
FFR Player

Quote:
Well, I just want to evaluate both worlds, no more no less.

I obviously need help for solving this.
Resolving both worlds is good I don't expect you to think I'm obvious town and dbp is obvious scum im just showing you this world exists and you should consider it

I can't really get mad at people for being wrong on reading me considering i haven't tried this game, I ma easily tilted as a person so I can be kinds toxic (sorry not like that outside of game). Trust me I get the fact people want to lynch me, arguably on policy but it's up to me show people how they can townread me and how they can scumread dbp, evaluating the world that I believe to exist.
Old 05-4-2020, 03:29 PM   #3279
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

Quote:

I don't really do well with "yo generic question here dusk what are all your reads", I feel like I have given up where I am at rn. If you want to engage in a conversation with me it is a lot more effective to pose more specific questions, because I find them more interesting and easier to answer. I do really think just typing up whole readlists aren't great and it is easy to waffle a reason to read everyone when you aren't focusing on one point.
OK then let's focus on one point. Assume we DBP today and he flips red. Who do you think his partners are? Why?

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-4-2020, 03:30 PM   #3280
Hakulyte
the Haku

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe View Post
.. What?
From a Haku perspective, dusk being town should shift suspicion to the claimed roleblocker for no killing to strengthen his claim. The 0 partner equity aside, how do you get to exactly me/bolth/jessie based on night actions?
I tend to assume that wolves had little reason to no kill and I know I'm not a thing with MML.
It's also funny to note that no one seems to want to entertain MML blocking "wolf me".
It's like you guys know I rolled town.

You're basically forcing me to try to believe in a sub optimal scenario where DBP no kill on purpose.
This is super awkward if true.
Closed Thread