Default 2019 September/October Set 3

Set 3
Judge - Rebirth

A Single Atom (Qrrbrbirbel)
Autoprocess (Ghost_Medley)
Bad Boy (AutotelicBrown)
Coconut Adventure (suicidaln00b)
Crystallized Silver (FFR Pro 21)
Eiketsu He Tsureru (Coolboyrulez0 & Elekton)
Fast Fissure Atomhead Remix (choof)
Fernando (choof)
Identity Part 5 (Reshiram)
Indian Summer (LeKrispyKreme)
ko mu no kamisama (Elekton)
Mongoloid Alien (ositzxc369)
Secret Zombie Room V2 (devonin)
Shotgun Senorita (XelNya)
Snowblind (TC_Halogen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
also a fucking helicopter is the absolute last place I'd go to find out how big my dick is
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow_God_10 View Post
Dawg you don't even know. It's so fuckin' small I can use a pen cap to jack off

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
yeah I'mma go for the Rave7 route she's just perfect, stiff on the top, thin in the middle, and has a BIG THICC END that I can just jack on all night UwU best girl

Last edited by psychoangel691; 09-29-2019 at 03:55 PM..
Old 09-28-2019, 06:21 PM   #2
qrrbrbirbel
FFR Veteran
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: 2019 September/October Set 3

Fuck me up senpai yWy
Old 09-28-2019, 06:28 PM   #3
blanky
Banned

Fuck me up senpai yWy
Old 09-29-2019, 03:56 PM   #4
psychoangel691
Retired Staff
All the things
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to psychoangel691

Quote:
Originally Posted by blanky View Post
Fuck me up senpai yWy
Turns out somehow the folder got messed up! So yours is actually in someone else's hands, lol
Quote:
also a fucking helicopter is the absolute last place I'd go to find out how big my dick is
Quote:

Quote:
yeah I'mma go for the Rave7 route she's just perfect, stiff on the top, thin in the middle, and has a BIG THICC END that I can just jack on all night UwU best girl
Old 09-29-2019, 04:11 PM   #5
gold stinger
Signature Extraordinare~~
Song Submission & Events Manager
Game ManagerEvent StaffSimfile JudgeFFR Wiki StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to gold stinger

Double checked mine, it's not me. haha

edit: blanky's files split between bmah & gradiant.

- Tosh 2014

Last edited by gold stinger; 09-29-2019 at 04:13 PM..
Old 09-29-2019, 04:26 PM   #6
blanky
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoangel691 View Post
Turns out somehow the folder got messed up! So yours is actually in someone else's hands, lol
Thanks!
*crosses fingers / hopes the switch increases chance of acceptance*
Old 09-29-2019, 09:54 PM   #7
choof
Banned
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

oh goddamnit rebirth isn't going to like either of my charts
Old 09-29-2019, 11:37 PM   #8
Rebirth0
FFR Originalbro

Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
oh goddamnit rebirth isn't going to like either of my charts
Actually both of yours were good. The music with Fast Fissure is the only problem with me, in terms of if I think it would be enjoyable for many others to play.

I've also been away for a fucking decade so I can't really think like that anymore maybe
Old 10-1-2019, 10:29 AM   #9
Rebirth0
FFR Originalbro

A Single Atom (Qrrbrbirbel) [5/10]
-m3 beats 3-4. 4 note sequence that is '1, 4, 3, 2' should be flipped. Should be '4, 1, 2, 3'
-m5 - The 64th notes. Probably shouldn't be there. It sounds like there are 6 notes in that spot, not 8. Same thing at m7, m9
- The doubles every 8th note from m21-m29 I would redo that section. There is a pattern with the music that would make that part more enjoyable to play if done right.
- Not really necessary to keep the notes continuing after the start of m59. I get the pattern but the music is too low to justify it.

Autoprocess (Ghost_Medley) [8/10]
- OCD triggering green notes aside, I understand every note and layering decision. All technically accurate, and this gets a pass from me. Accepted

Badboy (AutotelicBrown) [7/10]
- Very good file. Only thing I can really think of is to consider adding hands during the most intense, active parts to spice it up even more. Or maybe singular prominent notes in the song like m25 beat 3, m26 beat 3, m28 beat 1, m29 beat 4, etc. You already essentially do hands with the bpm tricks in parts during these sections, keep doing it at spots that merit it. Accepted

Coconut Aventure (suicidaln00b) [9/10]
- I believe most if not all of the 24th streams/bursts are actually 32nds but maybe you watered them down for the sake of ease of play? I'm fine with it, but maybe if there is a hard file batch soon this could be held and "fixed" for that.
- Only thing I don't like is the 24th stream starting at m93. It's mostly in the music but the volume of the music doesn't justify the file to continue since the music is phasing out. Just add a yellow '12' after the blue at the start of m93 and it's good. Accepted if m93 stream is removed

Crystallized Silver (FFR Pro 21) [6/10]
- m50, if you're going to commit to the double on the 8th note at the beginning, do the same for the very first note of the measure.
- The doubles with 48th after you should make into the glissandos that they are. 48th burst starting at the yellow note and ending on the red. More fun to play and more accurate to the music. This applies to each instance of this in the file
- The part between m54 and m58 still sounds hectic with the music. That would be a good opportunity to keep pace with a difficult section to play, especially coming off a 24th stream. That 4 measure section feels like it should have more to it.
- This file is close but needs this work.

Eiketsu He Tsureru (Coolboyrulez0 & Elekton) [7/10]
- m27 beat 1. Missed a short 32nd stream. Same with m31 beat 1, m44 beat 1, m45 beat 1, and more sections. The rest of the chart is consistent enough with the 32nds where there should be nothing missed.

Fast Fissue (choof) [7.5/10]
- There's nothing wrong with it really. Going to pass it but I want other judge opinions on the playability and likability of the file. To me it feels like one of those unsteppable songs that people wouldn't enjoy playing because of the music. File itself is fine.

Fernando (choof) [9/10]
- A little bit of the same song issue as Fast Fissue but this one is much easier to envision enjoyment. Accepted

Identity Part 5 (Reshiram) [9/10]
- Missed some minijacks in the middle of m30
- The parts with mini jacks at m47 and 48 are the same sound as the 4 note jack at the end of m49. Keep that consistent. My advice would be to make the longer jack two mini jacks. Or remove all 3 since there aren't really any other jacks in that area of the song. It makes sense when you do it at the beginning of the song, but the same sound is playing on all 3 of the instances here.
- Great file. Accepted

Indian Summer (LeKrispyKreme) [4/10]
- The blue note thing you do a couple times at the beginning of the song is way off. They should be red notes and those sections should be redone.
- Most of the rest of the file lacks creativity. The 16th patterns are all the same. You miss opportunities all over the music to make the file better than what it currently is.

Ko Mu no Kamisama (Elekton) [7/10]
- Missing some doubles at times. Yellow note at m4 beat 3, m8 beat 2. m12 beat 2. From m5 to m13 you could get away with having doubles on every or almost every red note. It makes sense to.
- Missing doubles at m29 beat 3, m31 beat 3, m32 beat 3, m33 beat 3, m37 beat 2, m38 beat 2.
- You might be doing this on purpose to make the file easier at spots and to have us play the file to the other sounds going on but it would be a better file with doubles included at all of these spots. This will be accepted if this work is done. It's a good file.

Monogoloid Alian (ositzxz369) [8/10]
- The minijacks in the first 20 seconds of the song feel weird to play. They sound like they're in the music but they might not be very necessary to start out a file. Just a consideration.
- Some missed opportunities with doubles in some spots. m43 beat 3, m44 beat 2, m47 beat 1 and beat 3. m50 beat 3, m51 beat 2 and beat 4. More spots - usually at the ends of short streams. Could be intentional, maybe not. I think it would make the file a little bit better but it is technically good as is. Accepted

Secret Zombie Room v2 (Devonin) [9/10]
- Seems to be a weird theme with me, but missing doubles at m9 beat 1 to start off the next section of the song. You did it when the song repeats at m17 but not at m9
- I'd suggest removing the doubles at m27 beat 3, m28 beat 1 and 3. Those are fine being single notes. Same at m31 beat 3, m39 beat 3
- Should add a double at m57 beat 1 to help signify the ending part of the song.
- Technically better in every way than the original file. Though based on the requirements of when I previously did this 10 whole years ago, a v2 of a file needed to be drastically different in terms of difficulty. I'm going to assume that's thrown out the window now? I don't know. Accepted

Shotgun Senorita (XelNya) [9/10]
- The 32nd stream that ends in '212' at the beginning is weird. All of the other streams don't have that difficult one handed end to the bursts (for spread players). Consider changing for consistency.
- Extra 32nd at m80 beat 4? Doesn't need to be there
- Consider changing some patterns in the 8th note spot at m91-m93. You could get away with it with the way the music is.
- Accepted but consider the changes.

Snowblind (TC_Halogen) [9/10]
- Missed doubles at m25 beat 1 and beat 3 maybe? I get why you did it
- Purple note at m40 beat 2 should be blue and the cyan note before it should probably be red. Less certain on the cyan.
- Some OCD triggering green note syndrome at the end? Guess its fine. Accepted

Accepted 10/15 files god what have I become

Last edited by Rebirth0; 10-3-2019 at 05:26 PM..
Old 10-1-2019, 10:49 AM   #10
xXOpkillerXx
Forever OP
Simfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Wow that's a lot of 9/10, expecting high quality content from this
Old 10-1-2019, 10:51 AM   #11
Rebirth0
FFR Originalbro

If I'm supposed to be more strict I can absolutely cut back some ratings. I kinda feel like with a 15 file set to judge, I should only be accepting like 5 - 6 at best. But I don't really know how things are now and its been a very long time since I did this for FFR. I'll say files have absolutely gotten better than 10 years ago. 1/3 of all files back then were complete garbage. Now, at least in my set, each one was at least decent
Old 10-1-2019, 10:54 AM   #12
xXOpkillerXx
Forever OP
Simfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebirth0 View Post
If I'm supposed to be more strict I can absolutely cut back some ratings. I kinda feel like with a 15 file set to judge, I should only be accepting like 5 - 6 at best. But I don't really know how things are now and its been a very long time since I did this for FFR. I'll say files have absolutely gotten better than 10 years ago. 1/3 of all files back then were complete garbage. Now, at least in my set, each one was at least decent
I know absolutely nothing about these files; only pointing out that 9/10 is a high rating and that you gave many of those. If they're justified, it's very ok.
Old 10-1-2019, 01:10 PM   #13
Coolboyrulez0
VICES
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

We chose to not layer some 32nd kicks in those stream sections to keep the difficulty curve nice and consistent and focus on the melodic (32nd) elements. Would prefer to keep it that way unless it's a hard reject.

Last edited by Coolboyrulez0; 10-1-2019 at 01:10 PM..
Old 10-1-2019, 01:11 PM   #14
psychoangel691
Retired Staff
All the things

Send a message via Skype™ to psychoangel691

Quote:
It's definitely gotten a lot better over the years, and we have a lot of repeat simfile authors as well as some coming over from other communities. So I don't think it's odd to have way more accepts nowadays than in years before.
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Old 10-1-2019, 02:07 PM   #15
AutotelicBrown
Under the scarlet moon
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

I don't mind the rating in itself given the song choice is very , but giving conditional for a chart in the 50s because it doesn't have enough hands (or heavier layering in general) seems pretty weird and comes off as aesthetic preference at best.

Quote:
You already essentially do hands with the bpm tricks in parts during these sections
The hands only happen on the crashes which I think you can agree are much stronger than everything else, especially having the leading synth (green & cyan notes) alongside.

Elsewhere in those sections the layering is very straightforward, it's just jumps for kicks and when there is bass + either color coded layer, ignoring those that happen midway through the longer jacks.

On a side note I noticed a few missed jumps on 57.915s (4x repetitions) and 67.160s (2x repetitions). I believe those translate to m27 beat 1 and m31 beat 2.
I can add a jump at the start of the jacks at 103.739s (m48 beat 3) + repetitions as well.
Old 10-1-2019, 02:09 PM   #16
devonin
Very Grave Indeed

Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin

Yeah I definitely thing nothing is gained by grading these on a curve. It makes perfect sense to me that over time, submitted charts would creep up in quality.

Last edited by devonin; 10-1-2019 at 02:09 PM..
Old 10-1-2019, 07:30 PM   #17
qrrbrbirbel
FFR Veteran

Met my personal goal of barely passing, so happy!

Thanks for the constructive feedback rebirth, I'll be sure to take my time on the last 2 bits of advice and resubmit soon!
Old 10-2-2019, 12:50 AM   #18
Reshiram
The Vast White Note

Send a message via AIM to Reshiram Send a message via Yahoo to Reshiram Send a message via Skype™ to Reshiram

Rebirth gave me a 9 holy shit am I dreaming

It took me a few listens for those m30 minijacks but I definitely agree there. If that's the case I'm hearing a similar sound on m34 that might deserve minijacks (note 122.000-123.000 and note 138.000-139.000??) Also went ahead and changed the longjack on m49 to a pair of two-noters as suggested
Old 10-3-2019, 05:26 PM   #19
Rebirth0
FFR Originalbro

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutotelicBrown View Post
On a side note I noticed a few missed jumps on 57.915s (4x repetitions) and 67.160s (2x repetitions). I believe those translate to m27 beat 1 and m31 beat 2.
I can add a jump at the start of the jacks at 103.739s (m48 beat 3) + repetitions as well.
I didn't even notice that but I agree with your take. Would be good to add stuff at those spots. Looks like they're mostly green notes. Jump at the beginning of some of those jacks are fine too.

As for the hands thing. It's not a huge concern and it is personal opinion of someone who hasn't done this in a long time. Even as is, this is a great file to play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolboyrulez0 View Post
We chose to not layer some 32nd kicks in those stream sections to keep the difficulty curve nice and consistent and focus on the melodic (32nd) elements. Would prefer to keep it that way unless it's a hard reject.
I don't think any difficulty consistency would be lost in adding some 32nds. They're already all over the place. I can see the VERY SLIGHT difference in where you put the 32nds vs where you intentionally missed them. I can pass it as is, but I do think they should be added.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reshiram View Post
Rebirth gave me a 9 holy shit am I dreaming

It took me a few listens for those m30 minijacks but I definitely agree there. If that's the case I'm hearing a similar sound on m34 that might deserve minijacks (note 122.000-123.000 and note 138.000-139.000??) Also went ahead and changed the longjack on m49 to a pair of two-noters as suggested

I see what you're talking about with the part at m34 beat 3 (starting at 55.884). It is ok as is but I would not object if you wanted mini jacks there. It is technically correct to add them. Really I'm sure you could get away with adding more mini jacks all over the song but that might be a bit too much. Not sure how everyone feels about jacks nowadays.

Last edited by Rebirth0; 10-3-2019 at 05:57 PM..
Old 10-3-2019, 11:45 PM   #20
suicidaln00b
FFR Player
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
- I believe most if not all of the 24th streams/bursts are actually 32nds but maybe you watered them down for the sake of ease of play? I'm fine with it, but maybe if there is a hard file batch soon this could be held and "fixed" for that.
NAH mang i didnt even notice some of those were 32nds, also fixed

Quote:
- Only thing I don't like is the 24th stream starting at m93. It's mostly in the music but the volume of the music doesn't justify the file to continue since the music is phasing out. Just add a yellow '12' after the blue at the start of m93 and it's good. Accepted if m93 stream is removed
i assume you mean m92
also oh dang i honestly like the "fuck your AAA" ending as is, but if i really must change it then i'd rather keep in the notes for the hi-hat thingy, the piano, and the last 5 notes going to the percussion (basically remove 24ths)
ending the song at m92 would be weird