Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Stepmania > Simulator Files
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-21-2015, 05:02 PM   #21
Jombo1
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to Jombo1
Default Re: Super Revival Pack 2015 released, download links inside!

yay dees are fun. glad i was a part of it. (and thanks for the minor edits)

edit: im so glad someone made the full version of haelequin btw

Last edited by Jombo1; 07-21-2015 at 05:37 PM..
Jombo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 05:14 PM   #22
barfood
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
lol like 7 files in and barfood's Mario Paint Medley is my favorite file so far, in no small part due to the song choice. What a delightfully goofy and steppable song!
I love the contrast between straight and swing rhythms and the light layering feels ideal to match the song.
Bonus points for me not having to turn off mines, usually any mines at all in a file = I fail... but this mine section was actually fun for a dodgeball shitter like me!
Good stuff.
You have no idea how humbled I am from reading this. Thank you.

Quote:
[sven]: martin va remplacer la luzerne de son ragout de pelouse par du weed
[sven]: y va manger ca en souriant comme le dude de quaker
[haku]: that quaker dude looks like he just got laid
barfood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 05:45 PM   #23
Yume_Kuro
FFR Player

I guess this package should be my last international package that I'll be participating in... Next time I will come back will be when I feel adequate enough in making simfiles
Yume_Kuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 05:52 PM   #24
AlexDest
good hot
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

downloading
Old 07-21-2015, 06:30 PM   #25
Buta-san
FFR Player
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via Skype™ to Buta-san

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yume_Kuro View Post
I guess this package should be my last international package that I'll be participating in... Next time I will come back will be when I feel adequate enough in making simfiles
How I feel. This is amazing, it put all my stuff to shame rofl

Im loving Title screen and opaq air so far
Havnt played everything but Im gunna have to play some other stuff on slower rate to enjoy

Last edited by Buta-san; 07-21-2015 at 06:36 PM..
Buta-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 06:41 PM   #26
choof
Banned

I regret sending in emil because it fucking blows
choof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 07:06 PM   #27
intensez
FFR Player

@yume: don't view it like that! we all have great and bad files - criticism is just criticism. take it as you will but use some of it to improve a future file OR make v2s of your old files. judgment was a file i made in like 2010 that i hated, so i made it all over again.. (still kinda hate it but whatever)

@choof: make a v2 and follow some of the background noise ayy

yea, imprinting has rolls. the edit is the one w/ rolls, i should of put that as a description or something for the edit so its clear zz. also sorry for not giving credit to all that it was due to; i meant to scroll through the thread but i was in a hurry to release the pack this morning :'( gazelle and scylaax ya know i appreciate your help lol.

also some personal favs i keep playing since they were submitted are trickstarz and violent arcade. i'm also digging mario paint medley, between sanity/insanity, and atropos

ps hope u guys love that "joke" file.. "Should you watch Boku no Pico?" legitimately the best synced file i've played in a WHILE lol

Last edited by intensez; 07-21-2015 at 07:06 PM..
intensez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 07:12 PM   #28
MinaciousGrace
FFR Player
D7 Elite Keysmasher

it fucking enrages me when chart artists are placed before the song name
MinaciousGrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 07:19 PM   #29
Buta-san
FFR Player
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via Skype™ to Buta-san

not to mention, nathans stuff is like ss ranked metaknight in brawl
ice climbers would be baq12 but I might be speaking too soon. everythings just great
Buta-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 07:52 PM   #30
Wafles
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to Wafles

playing through whole pack on smo now if anyone wants to join
Wafles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 10:02 PM   #31
Leo137
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
it fucking enrages me when chart artists are placed before the song name
lol i hate it so much too

downloading
Leo137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 10:53 PM   #32
baq12
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

I will be posting my thoughts on the pack after I finish downloading it and such. I am looking forward to it
Old 07-21-2015, 11:04 PM   #33
MinaciousGrace
FFR Player
D7 Elite Keysmasher

barfood 10/10 best new stepartist
MinaciousGrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 11:24 PM   #34
barfood
FFR Player

:')

Quote:
[sven]: martin va remplacer la luzerne de son ragout de pelouse par du weed
[sven]: y va manger ca en souriant comme le dude de quaker
[haku]: that quaker dude looks like he just got laid
barfood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 11:32 PM   #35
Skwid1
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to Skwid1

just completed a full playthrough of this pack. overall, it felt fairly standard. there are a lot of files that are kinda generic and the song choice alone wasn't enough to carry them for me, personally. and then there were otherwise very fun files like Rotten Heresy that were completely ruined by one tiny section (lel right hand trill). that said, there weren't too many files that actually pissed me off.

files i would regularly play from this pack:
Atropos
Elemental Creation
Imprinting
Magical Sound Shower (best file in the pack)
Mario Paint Medley
Purple Haze
Self Producer
Streaming Heart
Violent Arcade

honorable mention goes to "Should you watch Boku no Pico?" for being the most amusing experience of the pack, although i can't say it has very much replay value.
Skwid1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 11:51 PM   #36
baq12
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Posting part one of my thoughts while playing through the pack. Will play more tomorrow when its not so late. Note that these arent really critical reviews, as Im just giving my general thoughts and feelings as I play through this. No ratings will be given, just me talking about how much I like each file.

Adularia- What I really like about this file is that the patterns flow so well with the holds to me, even if the holds from time may be placed weird. It’s a very smooth file for such an energetic one. And I loved playing through it all. Well done!

Anything- This really kept my attention the entire way through. What I liked a lot was how well the transitions between meters were held, and how smooth they were. It made the overall playing experience much more enjoyable for me. Really comfortable throughout the entire time, although with that section in the end with the layering in of the mines felt a little out of place, its still a really fun file overall.

Ataxia 11- Wow this was another fun one. The constant and driving beat made mostly everything (besides the one difficulty spike closer to the beginning) feel really nice. What I really like is how well you were able to have the certain sounds blend in perfectly with how you were layering the file. It felt really good on the hands. Well done.

Atropos- This was the first file I played by you, and holy cow I loved it. The transitions between 16ths, 24ths, and so on felt really good. Mini jacks were placed perfectly to feel like butter as you were playing. And the driving patterns just made it fun all the way through. Really nice job.

Between sanity and insanity- This was fun too! I really like how smooth the jumps felt throughout the entire file, and even though the mines felt a little out of place, it didn’t deteriorate the overall fun value I got from this. Nice job!

Bob’s Tango- Classic Ferrari. Everything was very simple, but effective. The mini jacks and jacks just felt very nice to hit, and everything flowed so smooth, even if the song is a bit weird. Love that you’re still stepping. It brings back memories of some of your older files.

Botines- Really chill song, and very fun steps. I do think in certain sections it’s a bit overwhelming in the layering and doesn’t reflect what the song is portraying, but nevertheless, I still enjoyed playing and chilling to it. Really nice.

Chirality- If you want to find a fine example of a dodge ball file done right, then look no further. This is one of the best dodge ball files I’ve played in a very long time. Everything felt so good. The mines felt super good to dodge and not out of place at all. The steps really reflected the overall feel of the song, and its just plain awesome. Really nice job, and good to see files from you still

Dash do Cinderella- Really nice and simple. Felt great to play. Not much else to say about it. Really liked jamming to it.

Elemental Creation- This one felt super nice. For an intense song, this felt super comfortable to play, especially that final stream at the end. Felt super clean, especially that middle section where the time increases dramatically. Well done.

More to come!
Old 07-22-2015, 12:33 AM   #37
Wafles
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to Wafles

played through everything from start to finish on SMO with peeps, here's a few comments on a few files (mostly ones i could easily remember), some good some not so good

Adularia - fun patterns, enjoyed the file, doesn't hurt that i love the song

Atropos - also fun file, jacks make this enjoyable to score on for me, disclaimer that i played this file before release so I've had a few stabs at it

Chirality - fucking sick song. file was okay, need to try it on rates to have any real comment on the replayability

Elemental Creation - cool song, fun overall

Emil's Sacrifice - lol wtf is this song, really not sure about this one... the long/slow hold section kinda wasn't fun for me

Flyers - someone needs to step a dump of this, too easy for me to really have any comment on

Gemini - I actually like the song a lot, okay file.

Haelequin extended ver. - takes a long time to really get into the meat of the file but its fun when you get there

Ham Jam - not really good for scoring IMO, but cute file, rollds probably overdone

Hui, Pizda, Govno! - Wow this song is annoying... song choice means I'll never play this again :/

Imprinting - fun on rates, decent for MA practice too

Judgement v2 - this should not have been accepted, I thought for sure this was going to be a joke file, but it turned out to just be boring to me..

TRICKL4SH 220 - fucking sick song, I want to try this on rates..

Kissing the Shadows - not generally a hugefan of rainbow guitar files but this one was ok

Luna Clock - completely unnecessary restep imo

LUVORATORRRRY - meh, nothing offensive just not very interesting, more could have been done with layering or something, maybe its just too easy for me

Magic - really a toss up whether I like this one of porky pink's better. fun on 1.3.

Mario Paint Medley - will try on rates, good showing barfood, you put up some interesting files

miko - this file is sick

Plain Asia PHQ Remix - This file is sick, will have fun with this on like 1.2

Purple Haze (oni) - fucking awesome MA file, played this one before too, will go for low SDP on this when i'm not playing like shit

Should you watch Boku no Pico - all jokes aside, and the fact that this was legitimately funny to play through with people on skype, this file had no business being accepted here but w/e.

Sunset Caffe Terrace - played heavy by mistake but apparently I really only missed out on some grace notes? heavy was fun and definitely rateable

Syncopatriarch - this file is also sick, really enjoyed this one, maybe favorite in the pack

Trickstarz - this song is amazing. I shouldn't have played edit, I got meme'd

Unknown Soldier - fun file, hopefully I"m remembering it correctly but the slower part of the solo was kind of unfortunate, rest of the file was solid though

Yggdrasil - fuck i want to step a dump of this. fun file, awesome song. good shit.

unmentioned files were either too easy, boring, or just not memorable enough for me to think of any comments at the moment.
Wafles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 02:02 AM   #38
Jagakon
FFR Player

Seeing some hopeful reactions, I'll be on this tomorrow.
Jagakon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 02:47 AM   #39
ilikexd

i'm glad to see elemental creation received well and not criticized for the music choice since i wasn't sure how people would like the track

i don't play sm at all but i'll try to give some review on the pack and/or list favorite files soon
ilikexd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 08:05 AM   #40
trumaestro
I don't get no respect
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

is it bad that I only downloaded this to compare the pictionary file in this pack to my pictionary file that was on the dragons fury engine
trumaestro is offline   Reply With Quote