Old 05-13-2009, 09:19 PM   #1
~kitty~
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Default Opinions people... I need your opinions.

How is this so far? It is unfinished, I know... but I'm writing/typing a research paper for my AP US History class as a final grade, excluding the EOC exam.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?nzmm4z4jgtn

Read?
~kitty~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 09:31 PM   #2
Quasar889
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Opinions people... I need your opinions.

I took the same course this year, and I just finished my epicly long paper. I'll give this a read and comment on it.

Comments:
WHAT THE **** IS THIS?
This is not a research paper.
For those who are too lazy to D Lit, here's the contents:
-----------------------------------------------------

It’s the freaking internet. It was made for naughty purposes because people are like that. Don’t deny it, you are one of those people (the reader), and I would know… the title was in fact “The Internet”, why else would you read this other than for inappropriate reasons? Exactly my point, keep on reading. You know you want to.
Well, the origins of the internet may not be exactly what you may think it may be, because when we hear the word internet, we automatically assume the internet refers to this magical dimension that is full of naughty images, which are so easy to come by because it’s everywhere on the world wide web (www), and it comes up from words as simple as “pie”, to as direct as… you know. How would I know? Good question, I don’t.
The internet, as you may or may not know, has not always been a public form of communication. It takes a course of time before this “internet” is made public. Then, people will soon start making naughty pictures, and then even videos, to put on this “internet” so others can see it, because the “internet” connects our computers with others through a network so we can share stuff, whether it’s a good thing or not. These “naughty” things, I hear, are usually full of viruses because these people become aware that others will use a search engine, such as Google or yahoo, to find them. So they use these viruses to screw you over, and it becomes your fault for searching it up, which it is.
Now that I have melted the ice between us, reader and writer, now it’s time to get into the real deal, the serious business. The internet is a much abused network, because it can only be so closely monitored and is extremely massive, in a non-existent sort of way. According to the video from www.periodicvideos.com under “Er” for “Erbium”, the internet uses thin Erbium cables to send internet information from deep under the ocean across to other places, so it can be accessible. This “Erbium” is used for long distance telephone calls as well.
Now I know you’ve been dying for me to tell you a more historical perspective of the internet, and I will. Just be patient, my little reader, for you will be in ecstasy (MDMA may not be effective right away) when I get to it, because I’m just that perfect. Yes, I do realize I lied earlier, but this time I mean it.
Alright, now since I mean it, I guess I will go into your friend’s, the internets, history.
Old 05-13-2009, 09:36 PM   #3
~kitty~
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

lol, apparently you didn't read the subtitle under "The Internet".

EDIT: If you saw the links I had, those were the links I were going to use for the research that I was ABOUT to start, but I wanted to see a rating for my introduction. It really catches the eye, I think. I will have a few more sources, as well as people who lived through the publication of the internet, which I'm supposed to do anyway, and cite these things. My real research hasn't actually started yet. If you want me to start it and finish, then let you read it... then I can. Would you like that? It may take a few days.

Last edited by ~kitty~; 05-13-2009 at 09:42 PM..
Old 05-31-2009, 03:44 PM   #4
~kitty~
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

bumping to post the rest of my paper. http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?tnmyjjlkzrm
Old 05-31-2009, 04:10 PM   #5
Commandersa1
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Wait, are you serious? I would expect an "F" for this, if I turned it in.

Isn't there a rule that you do not make note of "the reader" or "yourself" in the paper? Instead of mentioning the "video from so-and-so site," mention the person in the video who said whatever. "Dr. Sprite- said the internet was round" sounds better than "According to this video, from this random site, the internet is round."

I would say more, but I really do not think this is serious.

Last edited by Commandersa1; 05-31-2009 at 04:14 PM..
Commandersa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 05:19 PM   #6
Jtehanonymous
Hunger Games Hunty
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Jtehanonymous

"The Internet has a vast history and a lot of research went behind making it what it is today. It is way too much for me to put all into this one research paper, unless you want this to become a 20 page research paper, which I doubt you want to read, I'll end it here."

No one would want that.
That paper was a train wreck.

If this is serious, you really need to work on your writing style. I'd suggest, for starters, writing like you actually cared about getting a good grade. You come off as extremely childish, and as commander said, you attempt to address the reader so much that it's annoying.

Constructive: You cited things. Okay.

I buy all FFR Trading Cards I don't own:
See My FFR TCG Binder

Quote:
Originally Posted by badman7772 View Post
Jtehanonymous

You have completed the Lucky Achievement and will be awarded 25k credits.

seriously what the fuck.
Jtehanonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 05:28 PM   #7
jugglinguy
Use me as a porta-potty
FFR Veteran

I thought retards took "Special Classes," not AP.

You're Aja Leith of the Holograms! You're very exotic, intelligent and sophisticated.
jugglinguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 05:34 PM   #8
dean_machine
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

It's not serious. Somewhere, I can't remember where, ~kitty~ said that this thread was as serious as something else which wasn't serious. Seriously
Old 05-31-2009, 07:35 PM   #9
Commandersa1
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Oh, well, I guess I missed the humor in the "paper." Was this suppose to be funny?
Old 05-31-2009, 07:44 PM   #10
~kitty~
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Hm... there's a reason for it being the way it is. I could make one that you wouldn't think is so annoying, but there's definitely a reason why it's like this.

It has a point to it that is subtle, and you probably won't get without knowing who I am. I'm not really going to change this, though. If this were for a REAL college paper, then I would understand this not being acceptable, but in this case, it's just a bit different. I don't need you to understand, this was more for entertainment than for you to actually grade it. I am not really insecure because I have nothing to be insecure about. Next time, however, I won't do this. This will be my only time I'll do this. You can feel free to expect something better when I ask you to check it again. I'll post it in this thread, though, because it WILL apply to this, and it will just be wasteful to make a new one.
Old 05-31-2009, 09:24 PM   #11
rzr
TWG Veteran

Send a message via AIM to rzr Send a message via MSN to rzr Send a message via Yahoo to rzr Send a message via Skype™ to rzr

Wtf is this ****? How pointless can you get? I wish we could ban idiots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkshark View Post
Everyone sucks at this game. The second you think you're good is the second you stop trying to get better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aperson View Post
i had a mri the other day it was the best song i heard in years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprite-
More of a joke than the time I deleted all the credits on the site.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
yeah my goldfish think im a riot they do this thing where they turn upside down and float to the top of the tank

i guess their alcohol tolerance isnt as high as mine
rzr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-1-2009, 11:28 AM   #12
devonin
Very Grave Indeed
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin

We ban idiots all the time, you'd think you'd know that by now.
devonin is offline   Reply With Quote