Confirmed Heartbreaker
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: TWGTurbo 33: Requiem to a Moody Goddess - GAME THREAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by roundbox View Post
d1 stuff

will this pay off??

do you feel this same energy now, WV?

I find this post a bit wolfy for T-Force. WV called him out for not contributing, and his next post is this. This post isn't really a contribution, it's more of a call for someone else to contribute under specific parameters (the question). He's asking for someone else's opinion on the matter first before expressing his own. Take, for example, this next post from Subaru:

here, he just waits for Subaru to discuss a point. he even uses the same vocabulary, "fabricated," to describe it

BRUH this was your initial reaction to this T-Force post. you feelin the same now?

noted, Lewdy. noted.

no vote yet
makes this post

no vote yet
makes this post

:eyes:

Instead of contributing reads, asks others to make theirs

o
ok, there's some reads. we get:
-wv town lean
-Xel/Shadow is t/w or w/w (implied? I don't get this point)
-concern that the wolf team is exactly Subaru and kappa, noting their confused tone throughout EOD

it doesn't feel like much, but the subaru/kappa point feels organic to me at least
this does dampen down my wolf read a bit, but it was still made only 40 minutes before EOD. this leaves out reads one me, raeko, and bug as well.

the second line was completely new from T-Force (the quoted post doesn't mention Subaru). he selects Subaru out of the Subaru/kappa pair (noted, but I should also mention Subaru was the leading wagon, so this might be a moot point), and mentions Xel as a target.

and the vote

the way this reread is currently going, you might have to abstain from doing the quoted

talking about the night kill??? or just unfortunate foreshadowing :thinking:

final vote of the night. this was in reaction to Subaru's vote on Xel

what a wolfy vote holy cannoli

the bruh that shook the fucking heavens

tl;dr

can you please read my post
ok, fine; I think that overall, T-Force had a pretty absent and wolfy presence. When he was in the thread, he was positing questions towards others, but never making any judgments on anything in real time. his first real reads came out about 40 minutes from EOD and was missing 3 players. he reaction voted to Subaru's Xel vote, and kappa insta'd shortly after. Bruh.wav

WV, while I didn't quote many of his posts, had a very active presence, was dropping reads left and right, and contributing in a meaningful way. he's looking pretty towny or is powerwolfing his brains out
I'd like to address a couple things here

First) yes I read everything tyvm
2nd) when you say do I feel the same way do you mean do I feel like he needs to go deeper? Yes . During my reread t-force gave me mad teacher vibes like he's leading the class on How To Find Wolves 101
Third) I don't actually remember saying that I liked t-force lmao I wouldn't be able to tell you if I feel the same way because I don't know what I was liking
Old 12-20-2021, 06:42 PM   #862
Wayward Vagabond
Confirmed Heartbreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Force View Post
WV has the highest post count this game? What?
How.
I'm more surprised that kappa posted as many times as they did lol
Old 12-20-2021, 06:43 PM   #863
Wayward Vagabond
Confirmed Heartbreaker

So after rereading my vote still stands and I will be voting t-force. Rb if you are the wolf I'm going to tell candy you lied to me and she will not be happy with you.
Old 12-20-2021, 06:44 PM   #864
T-Force
Your world ends with you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow_God_10 View Post
Let's fucking hope I don't die in the night, because if I'm dead, this thread might be capsized
Lol. Well I hope we kept it afloat well enough for you, Shadow.

Both Raeko and bug voted WV at some point during D0 as well, although Shadow hated it.

Going through iso's, neither Subaru nor Shadow posted any reads of any kind while they were alive, so that's cool... NOT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte View Post
I genuinely don't care about how I appear to others.

I'm single track minded into trying to either understand or make others understand how leans are supposed to be.

If people don't post about reads, they're not playing TWG, they're playing lottery.

My leans after thinking out loud and making everyone feel weird (because I literally paired everyone else in the thread) made me conclude that Roundbox/T-Force was the place to look at.

It also made me conclude that Kappa and T-Force were still in the gray zone because I can't decide where you're at.

I'm also assuming the whole WV/Raeko stuff is T/T because it feels too dumb to be theater.

I'm also clearing bugkid by association, but honestly I just have nothing that makes sense against them and it's probably because that's how it is.
Finally someone who left something resembling reads.

Honestly, the reads seem decent outside of us in F3. I don't agree with Roundbox and I being the focus as I know I'm town, and I feel box is the likelier town after the kappa focus at EoD last day, but still. It's enough to make me think.

Raeko didn't leave a whole lot either, but she did have some nagging suspicions on roundbox at the end there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie View Post
roundbox is also the biggest question mark in my mind

would also like to hear more from kappa today

Haku you say you don't have any leans but you clearly do based on that big post, you at least have people you don't want to vote for. what is making you so hesitant to vote?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie View Post
Yo Force, who are you thinking of voting for?

I don't love roundbox coming in and dropping the haku vote but I still wanna hear more from him and kappa
These are several hours apart, and still not exactly close to EoD, but they're still the closest thing we have in terms of her headspace going into the end of that day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugkid666 View Post
kappa has insta'd twice. highest liklihood of who the other wolf is would be you, then wv then force
In response to roundbox.

Quote:
I feel like WV is highest up on my likelihood of other wolf list... if Force really is Master Wolf and I just so happened to pick him and he hasn't killed yet, then there's not myuch else we can glean from that. roundbox/kappa interactions I just don't see happening in a w/w situation, since there's a higher likelihood of instas (in case kappa happened to sway two townies which is entirely possible but also really stupid considering there's only 2 wolves)

therefore I think roundbox is clear here, if kappa is a wolf that is.
Bit of a shuffle as roundbox moves to the end of the wolfiest list.

Quote:
yeah this. based on this convo, I have the most suspicion on wv as he hasn't weighed in in quite a while

wv what are your thoughts about kappa/anyone else?
Last post from bugkid.

tl;dr. A lot of dead towns don't like roundbox, but I feel like his play got redeemed near the end, and bugkid agrees - of course that's not exactly out of the realm of possibility knowing him (still scarred by the instant town-lean I gave him in AC...).

WV is given a town lean by one town player, but later on as we go, goes further down the list the longer people stayed alive.
Old 12-20-2021, 06:47 PM   #865
T-Force
Your world ends with you

Quote:
d
ok, fine; I think that overall, T-Force had a pretty absent and wolfy presence. When he was in the thread, he was positing questions towards others, but never making any judgments on anything in real time. his first real reads came out about 40 minutes from EOD and was missing 3 players. he reaction voted to Subaru's Xel vote, and kappa insta'd shortly after. Bruh.wav
False. I changed my vote at the same time Subaru voted for Xel. When I made my vote post, a couple others popped up, including Subaru's vote change which is why I laughed because it would make me look bad.
Old 12-20-2021, 06:48 PM   #866
T-Force
Your world ends with you

It's similar to when I insta'd kappa. At the time, only bug had the vote for them, but when I voted, WV's then showed up as well.
Old 12-20-2021, 06:49 PM   #867
T-Force
Your world ends with you

Reminder as well that WV has kept his hands dirty of any mislynch this game.
Old 12-20-2021, 06:54 PM   #868
Wayward Vagabond
Confirmed Heartbreaker

Quote:
I just want you to know that even though I'm 100% voting for you I am still reading your posts and not just glossing over them

In regards to this quote here though I had the biggest hardon for a bugkid lynch and they turned out to be the PR. So sure while I may not have voted with the group the person I did want lynched turned out to be the seer who I still kind of wanted to lunch before kappa imploded towards the end of his fake claim
Old 12-20-2021, 07:07 PM   #869
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayward Vagabond View Post
kappa my dude what were you thinking
nice retrospective vote

Quote:
Also wolves are dirty for getting rid of the most active poster
doesn't seem fishy since he really highlighted Shadow's importance d0

Quote:
I don't have a whole lot of insight here, but I want to hear what force and roundbox have to say, if anything
I wish I would have read this post yesterday. it would have made me vote kappa much more quickly. this post implies that: n1 seer was on lewdy and that force/myself were the next potential seer target

Quote:
Iirc xel sat on his Subaru vote for a while but what was your case rb and tforce why just agree with rb
if this is your wolf game, I'm petrified

Quote:
force I see you looking, talk u hoe
this wish was not granted

Quote:
This feels like you’re grooming bugkid to support you in a push to lynch me later on. Very awoo of you
not sure how to correctly parse this post of WV being hyperconscious of votes on himself
probably NAI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte View Post
If WV is wolfing, he's with roundbox fmpov.

That's pmuch my only take on that.
did haku solve the game? the post after this was the kappa/tforce pairing post

Quote:
Oh okay. I’ll be rereading d0 tomorrow in the meantime though I am feeling okay with bugkid and Haku. I’m not digging raeko or kappa. Rb is neutral and so is tforce
pretty clear reads post
I say this mostly for the fact that I'm pretty sure I was being slightly wolfread d0

Quote:
I wouldn’t say rb was pr hunting just because he made those two posts. Look at the time he made them. Subaru was already at the point of insta with 2 minutes left.

If there is a case for rb pr hunting I don’t think that’s the one.
I still like this post in retrospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123kappa3 View Post
LIKE COME ON
I think this is where it crossed the "overreacting" line
compare this to WV's single post reaction to lewdy dying in the night (click kappa quote for context, I don't feel like quoting everything else)

Quote:
Also why the fixation on interactions with xel
good post

Quote:
Not voting is arguably more unhelpful though. It's weird to me that Haku has been yelling into the void about how people need to post more and have more interaction, yet is not providing one of the most integral parts OF interaction.

I voted for Subaru as their play reminded me a lot of when he first had rolled wolf a couple years back: very scrambly, and getting lost very easily. In hindsight, I guess it could be chalked up to not really knowing how to play blue.
As well, Subaru was L-2 for a full half hour before the phase end and didn't claim. And, I mentioned my intent to vote, and he still gave no claim, so at that point, in my head, it was either wolf, or just.. not good town.

Feels bad.
this is a better d2 post, I feel. I could tell what Force's vote was about in EOD's context, and this is follow-up context. it's different than kappa's.
he poses an original read on Haku re: Haku's lack of voting that phase

Quote:
Raeko seems a lot more willing to butt heads with people this game and I like it.
another decent post
he also made another post ruminating on the fact that he couldn't get an answer out of Xel before he subbed out, but it doesn't seem worth mentioning past here

Quote:
WV was the only one to pressure kappa on the hammer - which I thought was good to do - but I liked Kappa's response to it. The anger felt legit, and I can buy the not knowing it was insta as it was a different page, and kappa's appearances have been sporadic.
(hope you feel better soon, btw)

So if we want to look at the Hopecaster wagon, it's down to roundbox, Haku, and me.

I've already covered my explanation. We can't really ask Haku for a myriad of reasons, and if roundbox did, I don't remember.
knowing what we know now about kappa's reaction, this read doesn't seem as strong in retrospect (defense of kappa, potential partner)
I think the rest of this post is fine, though

Quote:
1. Bugkid666:
- Honestly, don't really know. They've been here and there, but never really solidly pushed anywhere which I feel is uncharacteristic for them in TWG. Backpacked Raeko's vote in D1, and has only put up info posts without much substance in D2. Also, keeps trying to pressure me knowing I'm not around and also wolf-reading me despite them I don't think ever seeing my town game? It's hard to compare when you've only been privy to one side. Null / Sliiiiiight wolf

2. mellon_collie:
- Mentioned before, but she seems ready to butt some heads here which is really neat to see, especially as she's doing it not necessarily for emotional reaction, but also asking good questions. Solid Town.

3. Shadow_God_10:
- RIV

4. 123kappa3:
- Seems to be more confident in play than when wolf. Bad insta-vote, but I mentioned earlier, I think they're fine despite it. Good reaction, and I hope they continue to push like they have. Lighter Town.

5. SubaruPoptart:
- RIV 2: Electric Boogaloo

6. Wayward Vagabond:
- Thought he had a good D1, and the push on kappa was good. The reaction to Lewdy's death seemed a little over the top, though, and D2 has faltered since. Town/Null.

7. Roundbox:
- Are you running out to Utica or something? Is that why you've kept in touch so little? I didn't mind the reasons to vote Subaru because they lined up with my own, but I have yet to see justification post-flip. You're going to have to impress me because I feel like Shania Twain right now.
Leaning wolf

8. Tforce
- I am as green as my username.

9. Hakulyte:
- Didn't really know what to think of Xel's slot and had it purely null. Again, seemed to have some thinking posts, but spent too much time trying to solve the entire game in one go instead of piece-by-piece despite preaching that we needed to. I think trying to push pressure on to roundbox and me seems weird when kappa didn't have a stated reason either. Like, completely left alone.
If Haku's a hit, I think that lack of kappa interaction could lead somewhere. Wolfiest

Process of elimination has me at Haku (which, again, feels bad), followed by box, and bug.
this is surely better than kappa's reads list
the suspicion is pointed mostly towards the Subaru wagon (conveniently leaving off kappa for townreading their reaction that was mentioned earlier) in Haku > me, and then bug for a pet 3rd wolfread (can be a real read on bug, but, meh)

Quote:
Kappa, do you have a reads list of where everyone's at for you? It might help us understand your mindset more.
flocking the fellow wolf?

Quote:
Okay, we need to stop mind-melding..
I saw that wallpost of their's as like.. info, but with no substance.
Like, cool, we can break it down all we want, but what does it do for us? Nothing. It doesn't help to speculate because we don't know, nor does it lead anywhere.
feels pockety

Quote:
I don't think so

I just think he was backed into a corner where the only response would sound like that
to fully clarify this @raeko and @bugkid:
xel didn't know how to word his post in a way that didn't literally spell out that he caught lewdy softing something/communicating a soft in some way
his response sounded whack because he's a town and has no other way to communicate that information

tl;dr

eod was boring tbh and we all remember how it went down
force looked better but had questionable moments, and WV continued to look good
Old 12-20-2021, 07:26 PM   #870
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Okay, I'll bite. Can you show me instances where you felt I haven't helped the game at all? Because as far as I can tell, I'm the only one who actually has a solid reads list this game with reasoning behind it. I've made pushes here and there, as well as pushed in places that no one else had at the time.

If you're mad at me still for attempting to push/pressure Xel on Day 0 when he had ACTUALLY brought nothing to the table except for meme posts towards Shadow_God, that's bad. Why was he so town to you all game? What is it about how Xel played at the beginning that you were/are so sure about his towniness before the end of Day 0? Like, I really don't get why you're still harping on about this as well.
distancing or good town post
I was wondering if they thought bug was seer and saw bug's first post of "kappa is a wolf " as an admission of getting a re check

Quote:
So at what point does the seer claim
I really wanted to say the same thing but I didn't want to repeat this point and sound like I was PR hunting

Quote:
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL okay so it's just kappa then?
I wonder if the LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL is partially his reaction to realizing kappa wasn't actually seered but being able to commit with the distancing anyway

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123kappa3 View Post
lol
kappa's counter-claim. one thing to note about this is T-Force's lack of presence in the thread. was T-Force in wolf chat telling Kappa to claim seer?

I got bored of rereading here since it was just me going back and forth with kappa
WV posted about me putting in work, bug sounding more like the seer than kappa, and force not being around as much
force kept jumping in to add more to "I think kappa is suspicious" points

I think signs are pointing to T-Force for me
that's just the way the reread goes
Old 12-20-2021, 07:27 PM   #871
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran

Quote:
False. I changed my vote at the same time Subaru voted for Xel. When I made my vote post, a couple others popped up, including Subaru's vote change which is why I laughed because it would make me look bad.
point conceded
Old 12-20-2021, 07:32 PM   #872
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran

Quote:
I'm batting 1-1
I would argue that the vote on bugkid d2 from WV is :eyes: in retrospect, but not really scummy. vote on me d0 is ok
Old 12-20-2021, 07:36 PM   #873
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran

it's probably just T-Force

WV has been Johnny-on-the-spot at many points in this game and is really showing that WIM energy
Force had a slow start, but he definitely picked up the pace in the next few days and is putting in effort too, but not on the same level of enthusiasm as I've seen in WV

I think it's important to consider the part where Lewdy had suspicion on Force but dropped his case as soon as he started a vote on Subaru. Lewdy died before he got the chance to pry into Force a bit more. I think Force might have been scared of Lewdy being hot on his case. The "needle in the haystack" comment might have been the only reason, but it could also come as a convenient bonus to killing Lewdy to stave off suspicion.
Old 12-20-2021, 07:38 PM   #874
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran

I want to vote t-force right now, but I don't want to cut him off in case he has anything more he wants to add
I don't intend on waiting until 11 pm, however
Old 12-20-2021, 07:49 PM   #875
Wayward Vagabond
Confirmed Heartbreaker

What's WIM energy or even Johnny on the spot
Old 12-20-2021, 07:51 PM   #876
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran

Quote:
What's WIM energy or even Johnny on the spot
WIM = want it more, effortful, trying to get a win for your alignment

Johnny-On-The-Spot = quick to react, post, and make reads without hesitation (some wolves have a hard time making several posts like that in quick succession in fear of tripping over their own lies)
Old 12-20-2021, 07:53 PM   #877
Wayward Vagabond
Confirmed Heartbreaker

Quote:
WIM = want it more, effortful, trying to get a win for your alignment

Johnny-On-The-Spot = quick to react, post, and make reads without hesitation (some wolves have a hard time making several posts like that in quick succession in fear of tripping over their own lies)
I've been playing this game for so many years now and I'm still learning new things
Old 12-20-2021, 07:53 PM   #878
T-Force
Your world ends with you

Look, I don't know what more I can say to change your mind. I've played this game to the best I think I can, and have tried to keep an open mind about which of you could be the wolf. I've looked at dead players' reads, I've adapted mine as the game's gone along, and I don't want to see this go down as a town loss because you guys think I'm the "more obvious pick".

I'd love to also be able to point to the fact that I got seered green, but even I can acknowledge that it can't be used due the presence of MW and the unknown of whether or not MW killed before the roleblocker got voted out.

If this is where the game ends, so be it. Say it with your votes, but I hope you don't throw this.
Old 12-20-2021, 07:59 PM   #879
T-Force
Your world ends with you

Frig it. This has to happen at some point, might as well do it now.
Wayward Vagabond.

I can't see roundbox bussing his partner that hard when the escape was so clear that late into D2, and you've been slowly more and more scummy as the game has gone.

I should also mention I hate this post:
Quote:
Whoever the wolf is sucks for making us wait the full night for the obvious nightkill. This game should've been over much sooner
Especially considering how much it benefited you as you had more time to post than either roundbox or myself. I don't want to make this sound angle-shooty, but like..
Old 12-20-2021, 08:03 PM   #880
T-Force
Your world ends with you

God that feels slimy even considering it..
Closed Thread