Old 11-16-2011, 10:45 PM   #4161
bballa48
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran
 
bballa48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,496
Default Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by stavie33 View Post
I guess I skimmed this. You fought with me over difficulty squabbles especially with Purple Water, everyone did, and yet that is the single most incorrect statement I have read in a long time pertaining to accurate difficulty ratings.

Ahahaha OMG I laughed so hard at this. (agreeing with you Stavie). Runnymorning is pushing FGO and we are talking about a VC for it?????

Too funny guys, too funny.

Overall, I found all the songs (well, the hardest 3) to be incredibly awkward. Fun, yes, but strangely awkward. Angels just felt very strange toward the end (not bad, just strange), the "9" is awkward as hell (no explanation needed), and Rapids... don't even get me started. I have never dumped so many random goods on awkward sections in my life.
__________________
"Running is a mental sport...and we're all insane!"
Learn to run when feeling the pain: then push harder.
bballa48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 10:52 PM   #4162
stavie33
FFR Player
FFR Veteran
 
stavie33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,925
Default Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost- View Post
i agree with this. past tourney's have had extremely easy first rounds where everybody but the people who didn't submit got AAA's. it's nice that we started off strong to make this feel more like an actual competition, and the fact that we're fighting to get some amazing prizes backs it up even more. we've never had such great prizes.
This also upsets me and is my biggest complaint with the tournament is that I know I can never get those prizes unless some pros take a fall. The Guru's division has the biggest skill gap of any division, and it doesn't even feel worth trying to crack top 8. We have people in this division who are at my skill level and a littler lower. People who are barely scraping away at low level FGO's are in the same division as Dossar, Samurai, EA and Halogen, who can AAA all the way up to 89's and 90's. It just doesn't seem like we have a chance unless someone doesn't try. I was hoping their would be a guru's division and then a gods division with around 15-20 players who have consistent FGO AAA's, because people like me, All-Pro, bballa and iironiic, really can't crack top 8 if everyone is being fully competitive. This isn't any offense to anyone else, but I'm sure we all know we can't AAA Strawberry Sweetz or SDG Eclipse Solar, and yet there are far more than 8 people in this division that can.
__________________
It's getting better all the time
I used to get mad at my school (No, I can't complain)
The teachers who taught me weren't cool (No, I can't complain)
You're holding me down (Oh Oh)
Turning me round (Oh Oh)
Filling me up with your rules (Oooh)
stavie33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 10:54 PM   #4163
psychoangel691
Game, Event & Social Media Manager
All the things
Game ManagerForum ModeratorEvent StaffSimfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran
 
psychoangel691's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Bel Air MD
Posts: 10,396
Send a message via Skype™ to psychoangel691
Default Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 1

I love how I said I personally wouldn't care and you guys turn it into a shitstorm. lol

But Runny Morning nearing an FGO? comon that's just ridiculous. That was like my 1st FMO FC and that's when I was barely a D2 player.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
My dick is good, thank you very much. It gets love and attention no matter what <3 <3 <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
also a fucking helicopter is the absolute last place I'd go to find out how big my dick is
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow_God_10 View Post
Dawg you don't even know. It's so fuckin' small I can use a pen cap to jack off

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
yeah I'mma go for the Rave7 route she's just perfect, stiff on the top, thin in the middle, and has a BIG THICC END that I can just jack on all night UwU best girl
psychoangel691 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 10:59 PM   #4164
stavie33
FFR Player
FFR Veteran
 
stavie33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,925
Default Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoangel691 View Post
I love how I said I personally wouldn't care and you guys turn it into a shitstorm. lol

But Runny Morning nearing an FGO? comon that's just ridiculous. That was like my 1st FMO FC and that's when I was barely a D2 player.
I'm glad you're so good at jacks, that was one of my last FMO FC's, and one of the hardest AAA's for me, if trills were you're thing, I'm sure FotBB would seem like a VC. And you call me subjective. The gap between FC and AAA is astronomically huge. I can FC DP, not ever gonna even come close to under 200 goods. When I first started this game, I could mash an FC on OMW, doesn't mean it's not insanely hard. Runny is very hard to AAA, way more than any VC and most FMO's
__________________
It's getting better all the time
I used to get mad at my school (No, I can't complain)
The teachers who taught me weren't cool (No, I can't complain)
You're holding me down (Oh Oh)
Turning me round (Oh Oh)
Filling me up with your rules (Oooh)
stavie33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 11:03 PM   #4165
Emithith
FFR Player
 
Emithith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: London, Ontario, Maple Syrup Land
Age: 25
Posts: 1,784
Default Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 1

...
I really think we need a loose system in place where anything harder than x song in y difficulty is y+1 difficulty.
Emithith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 11:07 PM   #4166
TC_Halogen
Rhythm game specialist.
Simfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran
 
TC_Halogen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Bel Air, Maryland
Age: 29
Posts: 18,849
Send a message via AIM to TC_Halogen Send a message via Skype™ to TC_Halogen
Default Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 1

Ambient Angels can go either way, 10 or 11. People obviously don't seem to listen.
Fall Silently can go either way and honestly, in my opinion it should even be CONSIDERED for a 10 rating. Those are my personal opinions using chart structure, speed, and density, all things that are objective ratings.


and for the love of god RunnyMorning (SGX Mix) is not even -close- to a FGO, I've been on this site since average-misses were removed and I to this day never considered it to be anything more than a low end 11. 16th streams at 150 in the beginning of the chart make it a 9, the broken jumpstreams make it a low 10, the part just before the jack/trills and the jack/trills themselves make the chart a high 11, maybe low 12 at best, and then the rest of the chart is a 10 with 11-esque jumpjacks for mere fractions of a second. And you want to call it close to a FGO?

the only reason why people are fighting so hard to bump files that are rated effectively based off of objectivity is that they feel it's a chance to increase the value of their AAA estate. it's getting absolutely ridiculous now.
TC_Halogen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 11:09 PM   #4167
psychoangel691
Game, Event & Social Media Manager
All the things
Game ManagerForum ModeratorEvent StaffSimfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran
 
psychoangel691's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Bel Air MD
Posts: 10,396
Send a message via Skype™ to psychoangel691
Default Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by stavie33 View Post
I'm glad you're so good at jacks, that was one of my last FMO FC's, and one of the hardest AAA's for me, if trills were you're thing, I'm sure FotBB would seem like a VC. And you call me subjective. The gap between FC and AAA is astronomically huge. I can FC DP, not ever gonna even come close to under 200 goods. When I first started this game, I could mash an FC on OMW, doesn't mean it's not insanely hard. Runny is very hard to AAA, way more than any VC and most FMO's
Where did I ever say it should be a 10? I said I wouldn't care. There's a difference. So because you suck at jacks that means it ultimately has to be more difficult right?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
My dick is good, thank you very much. It gets love and attention no matter what <3 <3 <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
also a fucking helicopter is the absolute last place I'd go to find out how big my dick is
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow_God_10 View Post
Dawg you don't even know. It's so fuckin' small I can use a pen cap to jack off

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
yeah I'mma go for the Rave7 route she's just perfect, stiff on the top, thin in the middle, and has a BIG THICC END that I can just jack on all night UwU best girl
psychoangel691 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 11:12 PM   #4168
stavie33
FFR Player
FFR Veteran
 
stavie33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,925
Default Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC_Halogen View Post
Ambient Angels can go either way, 10 or 11. People obviously don't seem to listen.
Fall Silently can go either way and honestly, in my opinion it should even be CONSIDERED for a 10 rating. Those are my personal opinions using chart structure, speed, and density, all things that are objective ratings.


and for the love of god RunnyMorning (SGX Mix) is not even -close- to a FGO, I've been on this site since average-misses were removed and I to this day never considered it to be anything more than a low end 11. 16th streams at 150 in the beginning of the chart make it a 9, the broken jumpstreams make it a low 10, the part just before the jack/trills and the jack/trills themselves make the chart a high 11, maybe low 12 at best, and then the rest of the chart is a 10 with 11-esque jumpjacks for mere fractions of a second. And you want to call it close to a FGO?

the only reason why people are fighting so hard to bump files that are rated effectively based off of objectivity is that they feel it's a chance to increase the value of their AAA estate. it's getting absolutely ridiculous now.
I just noticed you've only been a member for 2 years. How'd you get such a giant skill increase? I remember now when you first joined you were slightly above my level and then an FMO wiz, now you're avrank 1. I just didn't realize it's only been 2 years. Was it stepmania? Because my skill hasn't increased for like ever so yeah tips appreciated man. And I don't think Runnymorning is anywhere near FGO, but I definitely don't think it's even considerable for a VC. It's a mid FMO, which is where it is placed. However it might be only me but I feel Caprice is actually an easier overall file but that's just my jack suckage speaking
__________________
It's getting better all the time
I used to get mad at my school (No, I can't complain)
The teachers who taught me weren't cool (No, I can't complain)
You're holding me down (Oh Oh)
Turning me round (Oh Oh)
Filling me up with your rules (Oooh)
stavie33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 11:14 PM   #4169
ichliebekase
FFR Simfile Author
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran
 
ichliebekase's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 3,213
Default Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 1

Subjectivemanias :O
__________________
Glorious Morning - Misc, level 48
We Will Fly - Dance 2, level 53
=.The Ocean.= - Dance 2, level 56, collab with krunkykai22
Garden Party - Dance, level 38
ichliebekase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 11:17 PM   #4170
stavie33
FFR Player
FFR Veteran
 
stavie33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,925
Default Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoangel691 View Post
Where did I ever say it should be a 10? I said I wouldn't care. There's a difference. So because you suck at jacks that means it ultimately has to be more difficult right?
No. Because the file has multiple combo breaker moments for the players learning to FC and for those AAA'ing it's quite a challenge regardless of blue note syndrome and incorporates one handed trill with gaps into the difficulty spike areas. It's a mid FMO, but in no way a VC. You aren't even top 200 in the song so I don't know why you are trying to convince people that can AAA tons of FMO's but have trouble cracking under 4 goods in this song that it's not hard when you can't even top 200. I suck at jacks hard, I suck at Counter Strike Gun Sounds and can AAA nearly any FMO more consistently than that song. I would never even think of making it FMO. Runnymorning is based around the song has been around for ****ing ever and only has 35 AAA's. ONLY 35. Lolo has a little less than twice as many AAA's and has been around for less than half the time and is a higher difficulty, and people still have tons of trouble with Morning, people who can AAA tons of other FMO's and get decent scores on FGO's. That's why I find it FMO.
__________________
It's getting better all the time
I used to get mad at my school (No, I can't complain)
The teachers who taught me weren't cool (No, I can't complain)
You're holding me down (Oh Oh)
Turning me round (Oh Oh)
Filling me up with your rules (Oooh)

Last edited by stavie33; 11-16-2011 at 11:21 PM..
stavie33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 11:17 PM   #4171
Ziergdsx18
ℜ1 ステップチャート 著者
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran
 
Ziergdsx18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Key West, FL
Age: 32
Posts: 2,801
Send a message via AIM to Ziergdsx18 Send a message via MSN to Ziergdsx18 Send a message via Skype™ to Ziergdsx18
Default Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 1

__________________


| irc.rizon.net | #touhouradio - Come listen! |
Ziergdsx18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 11:21 PM   #4172
psychoangel691
Game, Event & Social Media Manager
All the things
Game ManagerForum ModeratorEvent StaffSimfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran
 
psychoangel691's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Bel Air MD
Posts: 10,396
Send a message via Skype™ to psychoangel691
Default Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by stavie33 View Post
No. Because the file has multiple combo breaker moments for the players learning to FC and for those AAA'ing it's quite a challenge regardless of blue note syndrome and incorporates one handed trill with gaps into the difficulty spike areas. It's a mid FMO, but in no way a VC. You aren't even top 200 in the song so I don't know why you are trying to convince people that can AAA tons of FMO's but have trouble cracking under 4 goods in this song that it's not hard when you can't even top 200. I suck at jacks hard, I suck at Counter Strike Gun Sounds and can AAA nearly any FMO more consistently than that song. I would never even think of making it FMO. Runnymorning is based around the song has been around for ****ing ever and only has 35 AAA's. ONLY 35. Lolo has a little less than twice as many AAA's and has been around for half the time, and people still have tons of trouble with Morning, people who can AAA tons of other FMO's and get decent scores on FGO's. That's why I find it FMO.
You know I seriously think you don't bother to pay attention to what people say at all. AGAIN I never said it WAS a VC, I said I wouldn't care if it got dropped. So why the hell are you trying to convince me of anything. I DON'T CARE WHEN IT COMES TO THIS FILE. And I know I'm not in the top I haven't played it in over a year. I'm sitting on 17/2/0/11 from when the site came back. Which is actually better than I can do on some 10s lol.


On another note if you want to continue this take it to the ingame song info thread where I'm about to move these posts anyway. This thread is for the tourney songs.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
My dick is good, thank you very much. It gets love and attention no matter what <3 <3 <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
also a fucking helicopter is the absolute last place I'd go to find out how big my dick is
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow_God_10 View Post
Dawg you don't even know. It's so fuckin' small I can use a pen cap to jack off

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
yeah I'mma go for the Rave7 route she's just perfect, stiff on the top, thin in the middle, and has a BIG THICC END that I can just jack on all night UwU best girl
psychoangel691 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 11:28 PM   #4173
LongGone
-
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran
 
LongGone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Malaysia
Age: 30
Posts: 1,679
Default Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by stavie33 View Post
This also upsets me and is my biggest complaint with the tournament is that I know I can never get those prizes unless some pros take a fall. The Guru's division has the biggest skill gap of any division, and it doesn't even feel worth trying to crack top 8. We have people in this division who are at my skill level and a littler lower. People who are barely scraping away at low level FGO's are in the same division as Dossar, Samurai, EA and Halogen, who can AAA all the way up to 89's and 90's. It just doesn't seem like we have a chance unless someone doesn't try. I was hoping their would be a guru's division and then a gods division with around 15-20 players who have consistent FGO AAA's, because people like me, All-Pro, bballa and iironiic, really can't crack top 8 if everyone is being fully competitive. This isn't any offense to anyone else, but I'm sure we all know we can't AAA Strawberry Sweetz or SDG Eclipse Solar, and yet there are far more than 8 people in this division that can.
Problem is there are other divisions too. Same could be argued for D1~5, there's definitely a range of player abilities in those divisions too. Then we would need another maybe 5 divisions to account for everyone's level

Its impossible to fit everyone into the same skillrange without being dispute, at least this time there's a D6. Last time there was only D1~5, that would be even more restrictive in placements (not taking player improvement rates into account)

There is a fine line where placements could go; e.g. what about the borderline cases? A player that if placed in D4, would sweep the opponents off their feet and if placed in D5, would not stand a chance against others. Its not so convenient that throughout the entire range of players participating in this tourney, that if you arrange the participants from weakest to strongest, that there would be evenly 5 cases of notable skillgaps between consecutive players (which would group 6 categories of players into their respective divisions). That would be ideal but in reality its not the case
__________________
My Solo Simfiles
My Solo Simfiles Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choofers View Post
people age at a rate of about 1 year per year
LongGone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 01:54 AM   #4174
Niala
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran
 
Niala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Fredericton
Age: 30
Posts: 1,649
Send a message via AIM to Niala Send a message via Skype™ to Niala
Default Re: Ingame Song Information

Just to put my two cents in, I think Ambient Angels should be an FMO. The way I see it, it's EHHS v. really dense, so...
__________________
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I ain't no bitch
Niala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 06:08 PM   #4175
Darkbreezee
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran
 
Darkbreezee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 455
Default Re: Ingame Song Information

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niala View Post
Just to put my two cents in, I think Ambient Angels should be an FMO. The way I see it, it's EHHS v. really dense, so...
kinda agree, although there are only 4th , 8th and 16th , the song's end makes it a easy FMO
__________________
Darkbreezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 11:14 AM   #4176
jimerax
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran
 
jimerax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Tokyo
Posts: 8,185
Send a message via AIM to jimerax Send a message via MSN to jimerax Send a message via Skype™ to jimerax
Default Re: Ingame Song Information

well Excite bike is off because BPM is wrong (kinda hard to detect accurately on such a short song tho), in addition to offset issue.

fixed now.

ps brb checking recent files

Last edited by jimerax; 11-18-2011 at 11:20 AM..
jimerax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 11:17 AM   #4177
iironiic
D6 FFR Legacy Player
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran
 
iironiic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 30
Posts: 4,211
Default Re: Ingame Song Information

+1 to Ambient Angels being an FMO (EHHS < Ambient in terms of density)
iironiic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 05:26 PM   #4178
emulord
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran
 
emulord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 772
Default Re: Ingame Song Information

Why are so many difficulties undetermined? Why not just copy from the old thread, and guesstimate the new songs and wait for people to bitch about incorrect ones. Better to have a rough 1-100 estimate than not.
emulord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 05:37 PM   #4179
jimerax
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran
 
jimerax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Tokyo
Posts: 8,185
Send a message via AIM to jimerax Send a message via MSN to jimerax Send a message via Skype™ to jimerax
Default Re: Ingame Song Information

Do you really think you can get correct ones by people's bitching?

All we need is a person (or a couple of persons) who is active on the game/forum and has a quite consistent and objective skill in difficulty rating (I have no idea who's the most suitable for this nowadays).
jimerax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 05:48 PM   #4180
qqwref
stepmania archaeologist
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran
 
qqwref's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Age: 31
Posts: 4,079
Send a message via AIM to qqwref Send a message via Skype™ to qqwref
Default Re: Ingame Song Information

I was in a little group of people who were going to sort all the songs into a 1-15 difficulty scale, but we quit because we never got the go-ahead from an admin. Maybe you should actually go and select one of the many people who have volunteered to do exactly what you're talking about.
__________________
Stepmania Song Search - 1518 packs and counting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimerax View Post
Repeating, please no retarded files that aren't even going with the song
qqwref is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:43 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright FlashFlashRevolution