Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Video Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-13-2012, 11:30 PM   #301
Senip
Forum User

Default Re: Diablo 3

-15 dollars for processing, 1 dollar for transfer fees.
Senip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 11:37 PM   #302
darklordsarumon9
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to darklordsarumon9 Send a message via Skype™ to darklordsarumon9

@_@
Quote:
Originally Posted by cetaka View Post
whats namine like in person
darklordsarumon9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 12:40 AM   #303
MaxGhost
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to MaxGhost

fyi guys bnet balance is basically useless, you can't get your money out of it and back into your hands. In other words if you actually want to make money off of this, use PayPal.
MaxGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 01:09 AM   #304
hi19hi19
lol happy
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxGhost View Post
fyi guys bnet balance is basically useless, you can't get your money out of it and back into your hands. In other words if you actually want to make money off of this, use PayPal.
Have a friend post a shitty grey item for exactly the same amount you want to transfer to real money, then pay for it with your Blizzard Bucks
Only lose an extra $1 but yeah, that's the work-around for converting them.

hi19hi19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 01:17 AM   #305
hi19hi19
lol happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jousway View Post
meanwhile on ebay
http://www.ebay.de/itm/ws/eBayISAPI....m=251081594866
Diablo 3 Item 1h sword handed Sword 1253 DPS base IAS - 1k gold 1000k
Successful bid: EUR 705.00
In all fairness that is a pretty ****in' good Zerstorungsbankett

Unlike some purchases (*cough* crappy $100 wizard offhand) I can see why some super dedicated player might buy that.
It's only about 230 dps off of a completely perfectly rolled einhand sword, and that jeder treffer fügt leben hinzu on one weapon is amazing.
The odds of getting one yourself over the next few years is basically none.

Last edited by hi19hi19; 06-14-2012 at 01:21 AM..
Old 06-14-2012, 05:33 AM   #306
hi19hi19
lol happy

Man, every time I run with FFR people I get good shit. Big thanks to mina for showing me the act 3 farm route today and to bluguerilla and his friend for doing the tower run with me tonight.
Got this ring out of the run...

I have a few options:
1. Sell it for 120+ million gold. At the moment this is the best itemized of this ring in the world that is being sold on the AH so I could basically reach for the highest price possible.
2. Sell it for 250$ on the RMAH. Considering how good the itemization is, I think the cap would actually be prohibitive. People out there would pay more than $250 for this, which leads me to...
3. Sell it for 500$+ on eBay. Problem with that is, eBay is not as well-traveled as the RMAH. I'd have to advertise it somehow.
4. Sell it for 120+ million gold, buy 3-4 other valuable items with the gold and sell all of those for 250$ each on the RMAH, circumventing the RMAH buyout cap.
5. Sell it for 120+ million gold, buy 3-4 other valuable items with the gold and sell all of those for 250$ each on the RMAH, then use the Blizzard Bucks I get from that to buy more than the original selling price in gold when the commodities RMAH goes up. This is highly dependent on what you guys think the $->gold conversion will be when commodities go live.
6. Hold on to it for a while and see if any of the above options becomes more profitable with time. I feel that prices will only depreciate, but if someone has a reason for me to do this I'd love to hear it.
When it comes down to "do I want gold or real money" the answer is I want real money. The question is though, will 120mil of gear, which would enable me to farm so much easier, allow me to make more real money in the future? Do you think such an investment in my character's power will lead to more money down the road, or should I cash out now?

Then of course the last option,
7. Keep it and roll a DH

What do you think I should do, FFR?

Last edited by hi19hi19; 06-14-2012 at 05:47 AM..
Old 06-14-2012, 08:30 AM   #307
StoneMcKnuckle
FFR Player

Option 8. Give to me.

I'd personally go with option #2 because I don't give a shit, but if you feel like you the hassle's worth the potential extra money then go eBay.
StoneMcKnuckle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 08:39 AM   #308
Coolboyrulez0
VICES
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Option 2. Guaranteed money in your pockets (-fees etc.) which can be spent on further enhancing your Diablo 3 experience to obtain even more amazing items and money or just bail and get Torchlight 2 hehe

Haven't felt motivated to play this game in weeks now. :<
Coolboyrulez0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 11:38 AM   #309
StoneMcKnuckle
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolboyrulez0 View Post
Haven't felt motivated to play this game in weeks now. :<
This. Realized how unfun this game is after playing Ys Origin for a while, and just never went back.

Might come back later with the new patch (or some patches further down the road), but in its current state, this game really isn't very fun to play.
StoneMcKnuckle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 02:06 PM   #310
Reach
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to Reach Send a message via MSN to Reach

Act I inferno was pretty easy after getting 60 gear, minus the occasional invincible elite. Beat the butcher first try and got the speed run achievement solo.

Now...onto the infamous act II 8)

Also, the fact that people would pay that much real $ for an item like that is hilarious. I mean, it's godly no doubt but not that much better than stuff you can get with a little bit of gold.

I'd just sell it for $250 and enjoy.
Old 06-14-2012, 02:49 PM   #311
Senip
Forum User

I was the same way, Reach. Thought "Man this is easy" got to Act 2, and got my clock cleaned.
Senip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 05:28 PM   #312
Frederic54
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
Man, every time I run with FFR people I get good shit. Big thanks to mina for showing me the act 3 farm route today and to bluguerilla and his friend for doing the tower run with me tonight.
Got this ring out of the run...

I have a few options:
1. Sell it for 120+ million gold. At the moment this is the best itemized of this ring in the world that is being sold on the AH so I could basically reach for the highest price possible.
2. Sell it for 250$ on the RMAH. Considering how good the itemization is, I think the cap would actually be prohibitive. People out there would pay more than $250 for this, which leads me to...
3. Sell it for 500$+ on eBay. Problem with that is, eBay is not as well-traveled as the RMAH. I'd have to advertise it somehow.
4. Sell it for 120+ million gold, buy 3-4 other valuable items with the gold and sell all of those for 250$ each on the RMAH, circumventing the RMAH buyout cap.
5. Sell it for 120+ million gold, buy 3-4 other valuable items with the gold and sell all of those for 250$ each on the RMAH, then use the Blizzard Bucks I get from that to buy more than the original selling price in gold when the commodities RMAH goes up. This is highly dependent on what you guys think the $->gold conversion will be when commodities go live.
6. Hold on to it for a while and see if any of the above options becomes more profitable with time. I feel that prices will only depreciate, but if someone has a reason for me to do this I'd love to hear it.
When it comes down to "do I want gold or real money" the answer is I want real money. The question is though, will 120mil of gear, which would enable me to farm so much easier, allow me to make more real money in the future? Do you think such an investment in my character's power will lead to more money down the road, or should I cash out now?

Then of course the last option,
7. Keep it and roll a DH

What do you think I should do, FFR?
Sadly, that ring really isn't that good for DH, considering there's no Attack speed and the critical damage increase % is quite low
Frederic54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 09:21 PM   #313
darklordsarumon9
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to darklordsarumon9 Send a message via Skype™ to darklordsarumon9

Finally went and bought the game.
Rime#1122

Come join me (:
Quote:
Old 06-14-2012, 10:11 PM   #314
hi19hi19
lol happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frederic54 View Post
Sadly, that ring really isn't that good for DH, considering there's no Attack speed and the critical damage increase % is quite low
Yeah it's not a BiS ring. That said it's still really good, and some people may be buying knowing attack speed is going to be nerfed for all classes.
I posted on d2jsp to get appraisal... see how much I can get. After looking at rings with attack speed as well (i.e. BiS attack stats) I still think I can get between 70 and 120 mil for it, depending on how stupid/desperate the person buying is. Remember this ring has 4% damage on elites, which is just a straight up 4% damage boost because elites are all that matter anyway.

Old 06-15-2012, 12:31 AM   #315
darklordsarumon9
FFR Player

posts for days - Can you pros give me some general advice for the game? Playing a Monk atm.
Quote:
Old 06-15-2012, 12:32 AM   #316
Hakulyte
the Haku
Retired StaffD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Turn elective mode on. If you don't know what I'm talking in menu, go check options.

I can't really help much on Monk, it's my most underplayed class sadly.
Hakulyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 12:56 AM   #317
MrGiggles
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to MrGiggles Send a message via MSN to MrGiggles

I forget who/what this dropped off of but I still can't find a better pair of gloves for less than a 100k on the auction house at level 52
Old 06-15-2012, 03:15 AM   #318
hi19hi19
lol happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGiggles View Post

I forget who/what this dropped off of but I still can't find a better pair of gloves for less than a 100k on the auction house at level 52
Even if the dps is lower on a new pair, the gloves you are looking at on the auction house would probably be better because of armor. Sometimes people tend to neglect the armor value but it can make a HUGE difference in survival.

Unless you're a DH in which case yeah you're going to get 1shot either way so lol armor

Old 06-15-2012, 10:12 AM   #319
MrGiggles
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to MrGiggles Send a message via MSN to MrGiggles

I'm using a shield and still stacking enough vit that I can sacrifice some armor for stats and still feel pretty comfortable in Hell A1. I'm using a pair of 40-something gloves that dropped a while back, the DPS/vit is still lower than on those but with an extra percent of protection. I can't really tell the difference between them in practice, they sort of even out.

Keeping that ****er in my stash until the end of time, though. When I inevitably die and roll a new wiz that sweet piece of ass will be waiting for me.
Old 06-15-2012, 10:24 PM   #320
Reach
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to Reach Send a message via MSN to Reach

I've figured out why Act II is so much harder than Act I.

Tight corridors.

And deceivers.

F both of them. Impossible elite? Too bad, you're gonna have to go through it, or restart the game and try again.

Think you can handle random mobs? Yeah, I kite that shit. Oh wait. Deceivers.