Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat

Old 04-8-2012, 02:33 PM   #161
GuidoHunter
is against custom titles
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to GuidoHunter Send a message via Skype™ to GuidoHunter
Default Re: So I finally came clean to my parents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by devonin View Post
There's an overwhelming amount of good science that demonstrates that homosexuality/sexuality in general is largely a factor of genetics, chemicals in the brain, and effects during foetal development.
For every good study that suggests sexuality is genetic, there's a good study that suggests that it isn't. The only reasonable conclusion is that "we aren't sure one way or the other", which is why "obviously" isn't so obvious.

--Guido

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandiagod View Post
Quote:
She has an asshole, in other pics you can see a diaper taped to her dead twin's back.
Sentences I thought I never would have to type.
GuidoHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-8-2012, 04:35 PM   #162
Mau5
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter View Post
For every good study that suggests sexuality is genetic, there's a good study that suggests that it isn't. The only reasonable conclusion is that "we aren't sure one way or the other", which is why "obviously" isn't so obvious.

--Guido
So flipsta could theoretically only temporarily be homosexual then?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arntonach View Post
It's great to see how the internet works, it's mask of anonymity bringing out the worst in people.
Mau5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-8-2012, 04:54 PM   #163
Mau5
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite Ninja View Post
He has the choice to not remain as a homosexual.
I suppose that's true but it's the choice
What i meant was say someone went from liking girls, to liking guys and NOT liking girls, back to liking girls and NOT liking guys....

There's gotta be one true desire, i don't think something like that can just change, in my opinion it's always going to be one or the other haha, hence why i said "obviously born gay/straight" :P

Now i go back to props to flipsta for being true to yourself and defining yourself

Quote:
It's great to see how the internet works, it's mask of anonymity bringing out the worst in people.

Last edited by Mau5; 04-8-2012 at 04:56 PM..
Old 04-8-2012, 04:58 PM   #164
robertsona
missa in h-moll
FFR Simfile Author

"minorities being discriminated and getting shit flung at them for their minority-ness should just accept it" is a pretty Ron Paul Supporter position to have
robertsona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-8-2012, 04:59 PM   #165
GuidoHunter
is against custom titles
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mau5 View Post
So flipsta could theoretically only temporarily be homosexual then?
The idea is that rather than being born gay, circumstances of his development led him in that direction. I don't think many concern themselves with whether that's permanent or not.

--Guido

Quote:
Quote:
She has an asshole, in other pics you can see a diaper taped to her dead twin's back.
Old 04-8-2012, 05:33 PM   #166
Jake Ferguson
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to Jake Ferguson

Quote:
WARNING: Viewer discretion is advised

"- Homosexuality is a patterned lifestyle predisposed by termperament and child rearing. It is a sin because it goes against the nature of God. 1 Cor. 6:9 claims that homosexual offenders will not inherit the kingdom of God. Other sins are also included in a list of offenses. Traditionally, male homosexuals develop from creative temperaments being sensitive and intuitive paired with overly dominant mothers and weak or non-existent fathers. Just because there is a reason, doesn’t mean it is okay. It is a sin. All sin depends on the sinner recognizing the sin and choosing against it. To remain homosexual is a choice!"
It makes me kinda depressed that this is being tought. This is a religious school right? And actually, my father is overly-dominant and my mother is weak. Hm...

Quote:
He has the choice to not remain as a homosexual.
And no offense, but this is also kinda close-minded. It'd be like waking up one morning and saying "hey, you know what? I don't think I want to be a homosexual anymore.
I'm now attracted to women." Personally, I can't help find males attractive. It's not like I can just change and start finding women sexually attractive.
Jake Ferguson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-8-2012, 06:04 PM   #167
Mau5
FFR Player

Quote:

"- Homosexuality is a patterned lifestyle predisposed by termperament and child rearing. It is a sin because it goes against the nature of God. 1 Cor. 6:9 claims that homosexual offenders will not inherit the kingdom of God. Other sins are also included in a list of offenses. Traditionally, male homosexuals develop from creative temperaments being sensitive and intuitive paired with overly dominant mothers and weak or non-existent fathers. Just because there is a reason, doesn’t mean it is okay. It is a sin. All sin depends on the sinner recognizing the sin and choosing against it. To remain homosexual is a choice!"
Your teacher needs to quit. I'm with jake on this one, highly disappointed he is trying to claim this in a classroom even.

I'm not surprised at all that he "forgot" to mention this (verse 10 and 11).

9: Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind 10: nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. 11: And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.

So basically, along with homosexuals, your teacher also basically says people who have ever lied, drunkards, people who have been greedy, or stolen (etc) all are going to hell.
Show your teacher verse 11 where it says the Christian god's son died to justify all of this so that you and I may go to heaven regardless of sin.

Oh yeah and verse 9, saying "effeminate" is NOT enough to claim that homosexuality is a sin.
I hate when people try and claim 1 cor 6: 9 is enough to say homosexuality is a sin. Your teacher needs to be removed from public teaching at the least if that's the instance in any other area of what he teaches haha because that is too majorly opinionated

Quote:
Old 04-8-2012, 06:44 PM   #168
fido123
FFR Player

In all honesty regardless if you're in favor of homosexuality not being wrong I find most people just look at sexuality in general completely and utterly wrong. We live in a very sex negative culture and I'm pretty sure we can all understand how admitting to people in general about you're homosexuality or any other "abnormal" sexual behaviour can be extremely embarrassing. I believe most people aren't 100% straight or 100% gay. I believe most people at some level are bisexual, but society has a lot of power over us.
fido123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-8-2012, 07:58 PM   #169
GuidoHunter
is against custom titles
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Ferguson View Post
And no offense, but this is also kinda close-minded. It'd be like waking up one morning and saying "hey, you know what? I don't think I want to be a homosexual anymore.
I'm now attracted to women." Personally, I can't help find males attractive. It's not like I can just change and start finding women sexually attractive.
I think it's less "You can will yourself to be straight!" and more "You can go without boning dudes".

From a religious standpoint, the sin is not loving another man, but lusting after or having sex with him.

Your behavior is a lot more controllable than your feelings.

--Guido

Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-8-2012, 08:20 PM   #170
fido123
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter View Post
I think it's less "You can will yourself to be straight!" and more "You can go without boning dudes".

From a religious standpoint, the sin is not loving another man, but lusting after or having sex with him.

Your behavior is a lot more controllable than your feelings.

--Guido
Going against your homosexuality though is going against your vary nature. What is wrong with it after all? I can't see a single thing wrong with it from a non-religious stand on it. Religious arguments are an entirely different thing though. Through friends and family I've heard of a couple of cases where gay guys in denial going nuts cause they have a family and are locked in a heterosexual relationship for life. I'd rather not deal with that and do something with no negative consequences besides social stuff.
Old 04-8-2012, 08:25 PM   #171
NeoMasterPie
Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipsta_lombax View Post
Is it wrong to be gay? thread
V2

It better fuccen not be.
ook

NeoMasterPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-8-2012, 08:27 PM   #172
fido123
FFR Player

Shit I'll stop srry >:
Old 04-8-2012, 09:43 PM   #173
rushyrulz
Digital Dancing!
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

If the majority of humans are born with a natural born fear of spiders, and lets say 10% don't, why is it such a strange concept for people to grasp that 90% are born liking the opposite sex and 10% are born liking the same sex?

Did a spider bite 90% of babiesm inflicting some illness that causes the fear to be rational? I know some people play the

Quote:
Traditionally, male homosexuals develop from creative temperaments being sensitive and intuitive paired with overly dominant mothers and weak or non-existent fathers. Just because there is a reason, doesn’t mean it is okay. It is a sin.
environmental cause bullshit card, but my dad wasn't/isn't a weak father figure and I'm not subjected to effeminate behaviors more often than masculine behaviors. I was born gay just like I was born afraid as **** of spiders.

Keep in mind none of the stats presented in this post are incredibly accurate, but around 10-11% of people are homosexuals, I have no idea the % of people afraid of spiders, but I would imagine it would be above the 75th percentile.

rushyrulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-8-2012, 10:11 PM   #174
Aldentron
Forum User

Send a message via Skype™ to Aldentron

lol imagine this
the lines of sexuality become so blurred that two gay dudes and a surrogate mother get married and have a kid. kid grows up to be super genius because of the attention it receives from all three parents

woooooooooooaaaaaaaahhhhh
i remember a time when he wuz kewl

like... wut
Aldentron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-8-2012, 10:22 PM   #175
flipsta_lombax
Lombax Connoisseur
FFR Veteran

Quote:

Classic example of Biblical contradiction, another reason why the Bible should not epitomize faith in God or its religion.

Again, I can be true to myself and live to be a homosexual or choose to live a lie. Because of how wired I was into religious moral, I've chosen against it before. I've tried so hard to be attracted to chicks, playing it straight. But did they work? I'm afraid not.

Yo dawg, I heard you like to sin. So let's cover a sin with another sin so you can go to hell while avoiding hell.

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoMasterPie View Post
ook
Annoying, I know...

Best SCORE: Husigi Usagi Milk Tei {16-1-2-8}
flipsta_lombax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-9-2012, 08:41 AM   #176
devonin
Very Grave Indeed
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin

Guido, you're confusing being homosexual with engaging in homosexual behavior.

It's also INCREDIBLY offensive and patronising to come out with the "Maybe you can't help being gay, but if you forcibly stop yourself from ever engaging in homosexual behavior, then God might still let you into heaven"

Also I feel like I'd like to see some data on this "for every genetic conslusion, there is an environmental conclusion" claim. Also, please disregard any study conducted by or for a group that feels homosexuality is -bad- instead of simply an existing concept to study. It's in the best interests of those opposed to homosexuality to conclude that it is a free choice, because it justifies their ability to view it negatively. If it were actually concluded that it is even only in a slim majority of cases, they simply were made that way (made by God, in God's image, in that way) it would be a lot harder to justify treating it as a horrible evil sin.

Show me where unbiased scientific sources who don't have an agenda to come down on one side or the other are concluding environment in equal numbers to genetic.
devonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-9-2012, 09:32 AM   #177
Aldentron
Forum User

Send a message via Skype™ to Aldentron

Quote:
Originally Posted by devonin View Post
It's also INCREDIBLY offensive and patronising to come out with the "Maybe you can't help being gay, but if you forcibly stop yourself from ever engaging in homosexual behavior, then God might still let you into heaven"
one of my most glorious facebook status updates (200+ comment religion fight) started because some catholic girl said that shit. you might as well castrate yourself if you're not going to act on your sexuality. those catholic priests weren't allowed to play with the nuns, so they started molesting the altar boys, and who really knows how long that's been going on? aren't most serial killers sexually repressed? don't you think something bad would come of doing so? for instance, getting frustrated that you can't sleep with your boyfriend so you go out and rape a female so you can get into heaven? ****ed up religious logic does ****ed up things yo
i remember a time when he wuz kewl

like... wut
Aldentron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-9-2012, 11:41 AM   #178
rushyrulz
Digital Dancing!
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Sex is reserved for the straights only just like the front of the bus is reserved for whites only, sorry ***s.

Can't wait to get out of this dumb rut we're stuck in.

Also I never got a chance to thank you for giving that movie a chance, flipsta. I knew you would get something out of it . In fact, I would encourage anybody who gives a shit about this religion vs. homosexuality topic to watch it. It truly is a good movie on its own, setting the message aside.

EDIT: If God doesn't want me to jack off or act on homosexuality, I'm going to have a seeerious case of blue balls when I get into heaven.

Last edited by rushyrulz; 04-9-2012 at 12:57 PM..
rushyrulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-9-2012, 12:44 PM   #179
JiZ53
Banned

Quote:
" There have always been many sickly people among those who invent fables and long for god: they have a raging hate for the enlightened man and for the youngest of virtues which is called honesty.
They are always looking back to the dark ages: then, indeed, illusion and faith were a different question; raving of the reason was likeness to God, and doubt was sin.
I know these Godlike people all too well: they want to be believed in, and doubt to be sin. I know all too well what it is they themselves most firmly believe in.
Truly not in afterworlds and redeeming drops of blood: they believe most firmly in the body, and their own body is for them their thing-in-itself.
But it is a sickly thing to them: they would dearly like to get out of their skins. That is why they hearken to preachers of death and themselves preach afterworlds.
Listen rather, my brothers, to the voice of the healthy body: this is a purer voice and a more honest one.
Purer and more honest of speech is the healthy body, perfect and sqaure-built: and it speaks of the meaning of the earth.

Thus spoke Zarathustra"
JiZ53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-9-2012, 01:15 PM   #180
hi19hi19
lol happy
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

The Bible says a lot of stupid shit that nobody follows.

For example it's a sin to:
Have a round haircut (Leviticus 19:27)
Touch a football (Leviticus 11:8)
Pull out while having sex (Genesis 38:9-10)
Get a tattoo (Leviticus 19:28)
Wear polyester (Leviticus 19:19)
Get a divorce (Mark 10:8, Mark 10:9)
Braid your hair or wear gold (1 Timothy 2:9)
Eat shellfish (Leviticus 11:10)

And many more.

If you're going to ignore the section of Leviticus that bans about tattoos, pork, shellfish, round haircuts, polyester and football, how can you possibly turn around and quote Leviticus 18:22 ("You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination.") as irrefutable law?
I've never understood this. If you are going to quote the Bible as law, you better fuccen be following the Bible yourself. Which means take off your blended fabric shirt, you sinner!

hi19hi19 is offline   Reply With Quote