Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat

Old 10-28-2018, 10:33 AM   #1
Rapta
🡸Index🡻Is🡹Fun!🡺
Global ModeratorMultiplayer ModeratorFFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Looking 4 keyboard that does not double tap

i currently have a corsair k70 rgb that I am looking to replace, but I can't seem to settle on anything.

I have heard that blue and red cherry mx switches double tap, and that browns don't, so I am thinking of getting a brown switch keyboard, preferably rgb gaming keyboard of some kind

Any suggestions? Also can anyone help me confirm whether brown switches double tap?
Note the left hand pinky. It stretches out into attack mode to make etienne's hand appear larger, an intimidation technique for the arrows.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mourningfall
[3:51 PM] Mourningfall: i spent the second half of that song getting face fucked by a fly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiz View Post
Hi I see rapta come play TWG next game
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXOpkillerXx View Post
Rapta thinks alot about memes and fonts. I'd be inclined to think he's town because wolves wouldn't have time to meme would they ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prawnskunk
if we keep releasing engines that work on 1/4 of people's computers, we'll get there
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold stinger
do u even agrabah
Quote:
Today at 12:53 AM
I have no fucking idea how you were able to identify that specific line from meme show so you are basically an elder god of memes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychotik
When I think Mother’s Day, I think Venetian Snares.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haku
have you heard someone mention eating pancakes to negate friday 13th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prawnskunk at 10:53:56pm on 10/26/11
OMFG VC! I want your programming fingers in or around my mouth OnO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storn at 3:03 PM
We have so many batches open. Its like a backlog clearance sale. ALL FILES MUST GO!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToonE156 at 11:07 PM
You've never felt intimacy until you've practiced Jiu Jitsu ground techniques with the only girl in class

Last edited by Rapta; 10-28-2018 at 10:33 AM..
Rapta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 10:42 AM   #2
Dinglesberry
longing
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Looking 4 keyboard that does not double tap

When I used to play I used this

https://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop..._detail&p=3922

Silver switches for life

Last edited by Dinglesberry; 10-28-2018 at 10:43 AM..
Dinglesberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 12:32 PM   #3
dadcop2
FFR Player

buy one with modular switches so u dont have to buy a new keyboard every time you get double tap problems
dadcop2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 01:59 AM   #4
itrondin
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

I've tried so many keyboards. From red to blue to brown and even the mx speed ones. Every keyboard is different even though they have the same switch. I tried the G413 with their romer g browns and it sucked. The buttons were too heavy to press down and didn't come back up fast enough. I then tried the g910 with the EXACT same switch and it was a lot better. But yeah, im pretty sure browns dont doubletap. That little soft bump it has prevents that from happening. With the reds and mx speed, im pretty sure random boos come out all the time.
itrondin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 03:30 PM   #5
SK8R43
D7 Elite Keymasher
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

I recently bought the logitec gaming kb thats $55 and its pretty great. Have had no issues thus far and playing fiffer feels so good on it.
Old 10-29-2018, 03:31 PM   #6
Elmerz
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Doesn't the k70 rgb use those romer switches? I have a g910 Orion Spark, its alright but its too bulky.

Edit** JK thats logitech you have corsair. Derp. Continue.

Last edited by Elmerz; 10-29-2018 at 03:32 PM..
Elmerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 08:45 AM   #7
Rapta
🡸Index🡻Is🡹Fun!🡺
Global ModeratorMultiplayer ModeratorFFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by itrondin View Post
I've tried so many keyboards. From red to blue to brown and even the mx speed ones. Every keyboard is different even though they have the same switch. I tried the G413 with their romer g browns and it sucked. The buttons were too heavy to press down and didn't come back up fast enough. I then tried the g910 with the EXACT same switch and it was a lot better. But yeah, im pretty sure browns dont doubletap. That little soft bump it has prevents that from happening. With the reds and mx speed, im pretty sure random boos come out all the time.
Yeah, I remembered that my dad has a red dragon blue switch and corsair k70 blue switch in his room, tried them both and hated the red dragon. The k70 blue switch wasn't too bad, but didn't feel as smooth as the red switch, so I think I might stay with red switches or get silvers
Note the left hand pinky. It stretches out into attack mode to make etienne's hand appear larger, an intimidation technique for the arrows.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mourningfall
[3:51 PM] Mourningfall: i spent the second half of that song getting face fucked by a fly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiz View Post
Hi I see rapta come play TWG next game
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXOpkillerXx View Post
Rapta thinks alot about memes and fonts. I'd be inclined to think he's town because wolves wouldn't have time to meme would they ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prawnskunk
if we keep releasing engines that work on 1/4 of people's computers, we'll get there
Quote:
do u even agrabah
Quote:
Today at 12:53 AM
I have no fucking idea how you were able to identify that specific line from meme show so you are basically an elder god of memes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychotik
When I think Mother’s Day, I think Venetian Snares.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haku
have you heard someone mention eating pancakes to negate friday 13th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prawnskunk at 10:53:56pm on 10/26/11
OMFG VC! I want your programming fingers in or around my mouth OnO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storn at 3:03 PM
We have so many batches open. Its like a backlog clearance sale. ALL FILES MUST GO!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToonE156 at 11:07 PM
You've never felt intimacy until you've practiced Jiu Jitsu ground techniques with the only girl in class

Last edited by Rapta; 10-30-2018 at 08:48 AM..
Rapta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 10:42 AM   #8
11brendon
Jesus on the dashboard
D8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

i second the modular suggestion, i myself have used this pcb with gateron brown switches for around a year now and have had no issues at all with it (outside of the rare polling rate issue, but does not affect gameplay nearly at all) https://www.pcgamingrace.com/product...ull-customized

very cheap for what it is and very high quality for its price

a bonus is you can use any cherry, gateron, or kailh switches in it so if youre curious about one you can just buy a couple for cheap instead of an entire keyboard with those switches if youre curious
Old 10-30-2018, 06:42 PM   #9
dadcop2
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11brendon View Post
i second the modular suggestion, i myself have used this pcb with gateron brown switches for around a year now and have had no issues at all with it (outside of the rare polling rate issue, but does not affect gameplay nearly at all) https://www.pcgamingrace.com/product...ull-customized

very cheap for what it is and very high quality for its price

a bonus is you can use any cherry, gateron, or kailh switches in it so if youre curious about one you can just buy a couple for cheap instead of an entire keyboard with those switches if youre curious
ya i got the old version of that (red LEDs) for like 80 bucks and i just throw old switches out and pop new ones in any time i get double tap issues. no soldering. i've never had a polling rate issue with mine, i think the spec is 1 kHz
dadcop2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 10:22 PM   #10
Elmerz
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

I'm a big fan of the logitech romer-g switches. Only complaint would be that I've had two g910s and one of them it feels like the keys are rubbing/ lack lubricant. Other than that its been alright.
Elmerz is offline   Reply With Quote