Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-2013, 10:07 PM   #1
m0de
Marble Eater
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to m0de
Default nearly totaled my car. (pics)

I posted this on facebook, but though I'd share here as well.

On my way back to work after my break, I was not even 2 minutes away from my house when the semi truck driving in front of me slammed on its brakes, while it was rainy and wet out. I slammed on my brakes and slid literally half an inch from hitting him. had I looked down for a second, or had I not been paying attention, I would have slammed into the back of him. The reason he slammed on his brakes:

my soccer mom van to the right.

The kid driving the honda got out slowly holding his chest, but was ok. He started yelling fuck and kicking his car a bit.. I dont blame him. Was a pretty scary incident. I've been in an accident where I was driving before, and it wasnt bad, but this seemed a bit scarier.
Old 06-28-2013, 10:25 PM   #2
Banned
FFR Veteran

Default Re: nearly totaled my car. (pics)

glad you're alive m0de. if you weren't around i couldn't stare at your avatar! <3
top is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 10:38 PM   #3
IAAW
FFR Player

Glad to hear you're alright; definitely a close call for everyone involved.
IAAW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 10:57 PM   #4
Arntonach
Owlbears Rock!

It's good that everyone made it out okay. If I were you I'd get a drink or something. Once you get home, of course.
Arntonach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 11:03 PM   #5
korny
It's Saint Pepsi bitch
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to korny

Nearly totaled? Looks totaled as fuck to me
korny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 11:03 PM   #6
m0de
Marble Eater
FFR Veteran

Thanks guys <3. Also when I called 911 to report the accident, the operator got frustrated because I didn't know what model the Honda was, and I couldn't tell them what color it was. (i'm colorblind lol)..
Old 06-28-2013, 11:04 PM   #7
Reincarnate
x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

fuck, dude. glad you're okay, but jesus, "nearly totaled"?
Reincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 11:07 PM   #8
m0de
Marble Eater
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by korny View Post
Nearly totaled? Looks totaled as fuck to me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reincarnate View Post
fuck, dude. glad you're okay, but jesus, "nearly totaled"?
The car that is totaled isnt mine. In my OP I said that I was behind the semi, that totaled the Honda. I came within | | <-- that close to rear ending the semi. Like I said above, had I looked away for a split second, my van would look pretty similar to the Honda.

edit: The thread title is a bit misleading. Didn't mean for it to seem like I was actually in an accident. Although, I was extremely close to being a part of this accident. My bad.

Last edited by m0de; 06-28-2013 at 11:11 PM..
m0de is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 11:14 PM   #9
DossarLX ODI
Batch Manager
Game Manager, Song Release Coordinator
Game ManagerSimfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

That situation could have been very bad for you too. It's good you're a responsible driver though. Driving is scary as fuck because it only takes a split second to get into a mess.
DossarLX ODI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 11:18 PM   #10
Frank Munoz
Vophie
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Everyone's okay right? Geez that's brutal.
It also kinda looks like that honda is riding on 4 donuts.
Old 06-28-2013, 11:21 PM   #11
m0de
Marble Eater
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DossarLX ODI View Post
That situation could have been very bad for you too. It's good you're a responsible driver though. Driving is scary as fuck because it only takes a split second to get into a mess.
Pretty much my point exactly. In my only accident, I went to change the radio station instead of paying attention to what was going on in front of me, which caused me to rear end someone. That day I learned my lesson the hard way, but in my opinion, It made me a much more cautious driver.
Old 06-28-2013, 11:26 PM   #12
yo man im awesome
soleil ardent
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Situations like these are why I'm afraid to learn to drive. I have literally zero confidence in myself and the people around me when it comes to driving. Honestly, unless you have a life-threatening or traumatizing event happen to you beforehand (I did, both fortunately and unfortunately), driving is the first time it really hits you as a teenager that I am not invincible. Really, really glad you and everyone else is okay. I really hope at least some self-confidence comes with experience and practice, because I am not even remotely willing to get into the driver's seat right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
you double dad loving dipshit
Quote:
Originally Posted by t-rogdor View Post
dammit now i have to smoke a picture of choof out of a bong
Quote:
Originally Posted by smartdude1212 View Post
I can't be the only guy who has wondered what it'd be like to menstruate all over the shower.
yo man im awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 11:31 PM   #13
m0de
Marble Eater
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo man im awesome View Post
Situations like these are why I'm afraid to learn to drive. I have literally zero confidence in myself and the people around me when it comes to driving. Honestly, unless you have a life-threatening or traumatizing event happen to you beforehand (I did, both fortunately and unfortunately), driving is the first time it really hits you as a teenager that I am not invincible. Really, really glad you and everyone else is okay. I really hope at least some self-confidence comes with experience and practice, because I am not even remotely willing to get into the driver's seat right now.
I can 100% relate to this. I was in a really bad accident when I was about 16 with my mother being the driver. I did not decide to get into the drivers seat until I was 20 years old (I am 28 now for those who dont see my age that is posted under my av). That accident prevented me from even thinking about driving. Even when I drove with my mom, friends, anyone for that matter, I always was super paranoid. Although I would never be a "back seat driver", because in my mind, that just makes the driver less focused, I would always think to myself "omg omg, they dont see this person pulling out in front of them" or something along those lines.
Old 06-28-2013, 11:38 PM   #14
yo man im awesome
soleil ardent
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by m0de View Post
I can 100% relate to this. I was in a really bad accident when I was about 16 with my mother being the driver. I did not decide to get into the drivers seat until I was 20 years old (I am 28 now for those who dont see my age that is posted under my av). That accident prevented me from even thinking about driving. Even when I drove with my mom, friends, anyone for that matter, I always was super paranoid. Although I would never be a "back seat driver", because in my mind, that just makes the driver less focused, I would always think to myself "omg omg, they dont see this person pulling out in front of them" or something along those lines.
mmhmm. I haven't been in a car accident yet (thank god), and that just makes me all the more fearful of how it's going be/turn out in the end. It's like a kid who's never been stung by a bee before, and has only heard about it, only more violent and generally more deadly and terrifying. I'm also afraid that my eyes are going to drift when I drive, since whenever I'm in the passenger seat, I am physically unable to keep my attention on the roads because of advertisements and distracting signs. I'm also not confident in my reaction time/depth perception, even remotely. Basically, I have 100% convinced myself that I am doomed behind that wheel.

Quote:
you double dad loving dipshit
Quote:
Originally Posted by t-rogdor View Post
dammit now i have to smoke a picture of choof out of a bong
Quote:
Originally Posted by smartdude1212 View Post
I can't be the only guy who has wondered what it'd be like to menstruate all over the shower.
yo man im awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 11:51 PM   #15
m0de
Marble Eater
FFR Veteran

Quote:
mmhmm. I haven't been in a car accident yet (thank god), and that just makes me all the more fearful of how it's going be/turn out in the end. It's like a kid who's never been stung by a bee before, and has only heard about it, only more violent and generally more deadly and terrifying. I'm also afraid that my eyes are going to drift when I drive, since whenever I'm in the passenger seat, I am physically unable to keep my attention on the roads because of advertisements and distracting signs. I'm also not confident in my reaction time/depth perception, even remotely. Basically, I have 100% convinced myself that I am doomed behind that wheel.
Those were my thoughts exactly prior to getting behind the wheel. When the day came where I was pretty much forced to get behind the wheel.. EVERYTHING changes. YOU are in control of the vehicle. Your mind is on overdrive.. Your sense of surroundings change drastically. Instead of looking at signs, or looking at scenery while being the driver for the first time, you are 100% focused on the road. I remember very well my first time driving. It felt like an episode of "scared straight" where they take those bad ass underage kids to prison to pretty much scare the living shit out of them.
Old 06-28-2013, 11:59 PM   #16
Ohaider
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Holy fuck, hope alls well
Old 06-29-2013, 12:43 AM   #17
blindreper1179
Vice President Of TGB
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to blindreper1179 Send a message via Skype™ to blindreper1179

Quote:
Almost all of this just disappears. The only thing I had a problem with was when I was driving (for 2 months mind you) an ambulance drove by me for the first time. As a passenger I would always watch and see where it was going. Well, I did the same thing as a driver, and rear ended the guy in front of me. It was a quick lesson as I haven't done that again, but if it helps, there ya go.
Quote:
It was like trying to throw logic at a fuckin brick wall lmao
Quote:
whats more dense, a black hole or an icyworld file
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celirra View Post
I've never been so disappointed by a man from Alabama than I am right now
blindreper1179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 01:24 AM   #18
Netjet!
Sic itur ad astra
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Netjet! Send a message via Skype™ to Netjet!

Glad everyone's okay. I got in my own accident about two weeks ago - rear ended the guy in front of me because of the rain and that I didnt leave enough space for the amount of traffic around. He had a trailer hitch on the back of his new f150 which went straight into my front. Knocked off the grill and broke the headlight a little bit. It's taught me to be a lot more cautious and careful.
Old 06-29-2013, 02:08 AM   #19
Mollocephalus
Custom User Title
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Mollocephalus

Driving a bike (which is far more dangerous than a car for you) for pretty much all my teens taught me how to handle traffic. I never had an accident and when i drive i'm really focused. It's just a matter of state of mind. Usually when it's wet i just stay away from other cars and travel at a speed which permits me to brake safely without losing control.
Old 06-29-2013, 03:15 AM   #20
Ohaider
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

I'm trying to figure what scenario supports how the honda wrecked into the semi at an angle causing that kind of damage haha