Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > The Werewolf Game > TWG Archives

Closed Thread

Old 12-2-2020, 10:50 AM   #81
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [Postgame Thread]

Forget talking about the game I didn't play, let's make the post game spicy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashflash account View Post
I guess it's just to me I'm okay with the heated tension and the escalation and calling names and insulting intelligence but that crossed a line insinuating physical violence which was super jarring to me
Dog this ain't it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoshL View Post
shadow, I also do agree with ffa, in that you tend to overdramaticize a lot in your posts, and I understand you're having fun with it. I think ffa's right though, in bodily harm it can get to be a bit much.
All of you folks are like, five years old.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow_God_10 View Post
If Haku wasn't okay with it, I am confident saying that he, as a grown ass man, would have come to me, or even a moderator to address this as a problem.
Haku's opinion on the matter is entirely irrelevant tbh. The post is clearly a joke, and anyone who thinks beating someone with a brick is a serious statement intended for bodily harm in game ought to fucking leave.

Contextually to the confines of the game, it's clear you blow up your emotions to have them make an impact - I do the same thing by adding a lot of swearing. It gives it that push that makes it both impactful, and it serves as a way to enjoy the game for me, by not sounding like some high-class prick with a stick in their ass.

I could eloquently describe to people that I think they're being daft, and not paying enough attention; and that their lack of doing so leads me to be frustrated with their current state in the game, and their inability to read between the lines is likely their weakest skill in the game.

But I'm not fucking two years old and can tell them "I want to bash a brick into your skull" and I think most people here would understand I'm telling them they're being thick headed. Yeah?

@FFA
Stop trying to take silly posts and make them serious, you fucking moron.

I am not calling you a fucking moron for effect, I mean it this time.

FFA the issue with your play is that you disregard how people perceive you entirely, and while I get the point, it's utterly lost on the current players of the game, and you as a player need to realize that and course adjust. Also your example to last game is bad because we killed you with purpose. I don't know if you read the wolf chat or not, but we went pretty in-depth and each kill. Like, it may not have been the best of reasons, but we had one.

TLDR: Work on your optics, it's your weakest point imho.

Case and point:

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Force View Post
And fmpov I think it's unfair that I'm always wolf-read for my posting style, but I take from that game, I learn from it, and I adapt it to next game.
Multiple people called me out for the snark and attitude from my posts, and that style is not going to help my team win games.
I am going to learn and adjust for next time.

Same can be said for this. Is it unfair to you? Sure. But that's just something to adjust for next game.
Xiz has this same problem, where he will do something that everyone perceives in a bad way, and he'll course adjust off the cuff, it's so easy to read xiz if people would look at his course adjustment and speculate intentions once in a while, it'd get a few people a lot further along to reading Xiz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie View Post
do women's bodies make you that uncomfortable O_O

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashflash account View Post
just tryna be a good boi
if I wanted to look at lewds I would do that in my own time, not while playing forum mafia

I'm just gonna stop here. Uhg.

FFR is FFR somehow.

Last edited by XelNya; 12-2-2020 at 10:53 AM.. Reason: MEMES DREAMS CREAMS AND BEAMS
Old 12-2-2020, 11:09 AM   #82
YoshL
Celestial Harbor
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to YoshL Send a message via MSN to YoshL Send a message via Skype™ to YoshL

I really don't think there's anything wrong with not liking written depictions of violence.

labeling that, and also being respectful of people with those thoughts as "being 5 years old" is moreso where the general toxicity of this site stems from - lack of respect for people who think differently than you.

People have different opinions, views, and walks of life. respect it or leave middie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
Only yours, for an easy price of $19.99! You too can experience the wonders of full motion rump sticking.
Old 12-2-2020, 12:07 PM   #83
T-Force
Your world ends with you
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
Contextually to the confines of the game, it's clear you blow up your emotions to have them make an impact - I do the same thing by adding a lot of swearing. It gives it that push that makes it both impactful, and it serves as a way to enjoy the game for me, by not sounding like some high-class prick with a stick in their ass.
I'm gonna cherry-pick this comment with my 2 cents.
You adding a lot of swearing does the opposite. It dulls your posts and lessens their effect due to how often you use them.
If you ever made a post that was descriptive, serious, and DIDN'T resort to cursing, then I'd pay attention.
Old 12-2-2020, 12:32 PM   #84
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar

I do not believe for a second FFA is seriously upset at Shadow's in game comment towards Haku.

Xel's correct that it was a clear joke and giving Shadow heat over it is a case of people being dense at best

Facebook / Youtube / Twitter

Old 12-2-2020, 01:20 PM   #85
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~

Send a message via Skype™ to DaBackpack

I think I'm with YoshL on this one. Lewdy was very obviously joking and being hyperbolic, and he didn't mean to hurt anybody's feelings, but that's not "the point", Xel.

Questions like this are more about the "bigger picture": what kind of culture do we want to cultivate for FFRTWG? What behaviors do we want to reward? What are we "okay" with letting slide as a part of the social game? These are all things that have been weighing on many of our minds, especially post-toxicity thread.

We all love this community and we want to see it thrive. I, for one, think one of the most effective ways of continuing the site's legacy of excellence is to sometimes take that step back and ask ourselves, "what standard of conduct do we want to be known for?" and "is this <behavior X> really something that we want to normalize?"

I think a part of it is that we're all older now and have matured to the point where we've come to realize that certain behaviors that we've come to accept dogmatically as "part of the game" really don't actually HAVE to be that way.

It is important to have these discussions so that we can really emphasize the positive, fun parts of TWG and leave the rest behind... so that we can all feel comfortable and have a good time. Because at the end of the day TWG is just a game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogy View Post
no one cares
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog View Post
there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
that's kind of a sad statistic
Old 12-2-2020, 01:21 PM   #86
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~

With that said... host commentary when

Quote:
no one cares
Quote:
Old 12-2-2020, 01:32 PM   #87
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~

Quote:
You adding a lot of swearing does the opposite. It dulls your posts and lessens their effect due to how often you use them.
If you ever made a post that was descriptive, serious, and DIDN'T resort to cursing, then I'd pay attention.
To add to this:

Swear words don't enhance a sentence if they make up the majority of the sentence~

Quote:
no one cares
Quote:
Old 12-2-2020, 02:15 PM   #88
mellon_collie
FFR Player

Old 12-2-2020, 02:51 PM   #89
Shadow_God_10
Somewhere, but not here

Send a message via Skype™ to Shadow_God_10

RAEKO LMAO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Svaz View Post
more like Shad-hoe God am I right haha
Quote:
TIL women have breasts because of horniness
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugkid666 View Post
sunfan I fucked up
Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
Xel claiming that I am incapable of making mistakes and using that logic to paint me as scum does things to my body that I thought only Lewdy's stash could do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 View Post
your hentai collection is commendable. i am both in awe and afraid of you
Old 12-2-2020, 07:47 PM   #90
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Wooooorst. WOOOOOOORST.
i don't like simp for her ok. that's for chihiro
Old 12-2-2020, 09:18 PM   #91
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoshL View Post
I really don't think there's anything wrong with not liking written depictions of violence.

labeling that, and also being respectful of people with those thoughts as "being 5 years old" is moreso where the general toxicity of this site stems from - lack of respect for people who think differently than you.

People have different opinions, views, and walks of life. respect it or leave middie.
1. I think it's the precedent, or rather the actual "bigger picture" that it affects, where we're about to move the post what is allowed and as time goes on we're gonna keep doing that, because the far end of the extreme is going to inch ever closer.

2. You want me to be genuinely toxic? Even in all of this, I haven't personally attacked anyone, or brought stuff from outside the game in. I can call what you're saying "fucking stupid" and it's not an attack that "you are stupid." They don't corelate that way, unless you like shoving words in folks mouths. Are you the old FFR mods? The ones that banned me multiple times for shitting on simfiles in a juvenile way so hard it got under people's skin?

3. OH MY GOD I WAS JUST SO UNAWARE. Again, it doesn't corelate that way.

Quote:
I dunno, it seems pretty damn effective if we're that worried about our language driving away new players. Seems like it matters a lot, and still works. Star-Crossed literally doesn't respond to it.

So it works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
I think I'm with YoshL on this one. Lewdy was very obviously joking and being hyperbolic, and he didn't mean to hurt anybody's feelings, but that's not "the point", Xel.

Questions like this are more about the "bigger picture": what kind of culture do we want to cultivate for FFRTWG? What behaviors do we want to reward? What are we "okay" with letting slide as a part of the social game? These are all things that have been weighing on many of our minds, especially post-toxicity thread.

We all love this community and we want to see it thrive. I, for one, think one of the most effective ways of continuing the site's legacy of excellence is to sometimes take that step back and ask ourselves, "what standard of conduct do we want to be known for?" and "is this <behavior X> really something that we want to normalize?"

I think a part of it is that we're all older now and have matured to the point where we've come to realize that certain behaviors that we've come to accept dogmatically as "part of the game" really don't actually HAVE to be that way.

It is important to have these discussions so that we can really emphasize the positive, fun parts of TWG and leave the rest behind... so that we can all feel comfortable and have a good time. Because at the end of the day TWG is just a game.
The bigger picture is that you're all trying to sanitize a game because you're trying to be worried about people who aren't here yet.

I'd like to post an excerpt from the actual rules thread for TWG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesunfan View Post
19) TWG is a game not for the faint of heart. Emotions are often manipulated within the game. Players may attempt to anger or upset other players for strategic reasons. All of this is legal. Consistently flaming one or more players at such a point where it has gone outside the realm of the game and into personal quarrels is not legal.
Nothing, both in the toxicity thread, nor this current game, has broken this rule. This is the only rule about how manners in the game should be conducted. Even then, it's a rule saying stuff is going to be heated, it's more of a warning.

You know what did break this rule? The time I called Roundbox a white-knight, or the game I played with an avatar that said "Safe Space" on a white background. Those clearly break the rules if you know the back story to either of them.

You want to keep TWG as just a game?

Grow up. Ignore it like everyone else, and stop putting the warm milk in the bottle for the children, they're gonna cry themselves to sleep eventually.
Old 12-2-2020, 09:38 PM   #92
Shadow_God_10
Somewhere, but not here

Quote:
Grow up. Ignore it like everyone else, and stop putting the warm milk in the bottle for the children, they're gonna cry themselves to sleep eventually.
Boil the milk... Hear the screams of the innocent, and sleep peacefully at night.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
sunfan I fucked up
Quote:
Xel claiming that I am incapable of making mistakes and using that logic to paint me as scum does things to my body that I thought only Lewdy's stash could do

Quote:
Old 12-2-2020, 09:40 PM   #93
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow_God_10 View Post
Boil the milk... Hear the screams of the innocent, and sleep peacefully at night.
xXbRuuTaLxXx
Old 12-2-2020, 10:00 PM   #94
the sun fan
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinIce View Post
FFR is a pretty good place somehow
:*)

FFR is a pretty good place somehow.
Old 12-2-2020, 10:08 PM   #95
YoshL
Celestial Harbor
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to YoshL Send a message via MSN to YoshL Send a message via Skype™ to YoshL

Quote:
Stop trying to take silly posts and make them serious, you fucking moron.

I am not calling you a fucking moron for effect, I mean it this time.
Quote:
2. You want me to be genuinely toxic? Even in all of this, I haven't personally attacked anyone, or brought stuff from outside the game in.
*shrug*

back when I first joined twg, I got yelled at by V that insults were part of the game, and a lot of my game built and expanded upon that, and put me very squarely in "not actually that fun to play with" section of twg.

in the end, it costs 0$ to care about the community, and the individual people that play the game. A response to "i didn't like xyz during the game" shouldn't be met with condescension and bitter sarcasm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
Only yours, for an easy price of $19.99! You too can experience the wonders of full motion rump sticking.
Old 12-2-2020, 10:13 PM   #96
the sun fan
FFR Player

gotta be honest, I was avoiding this postgame for a while

its... not as bad as I thought it was going to be

I'm still totally at a loss for how to handle toxicity, I'm not going to lie. I don't know what to do. Other moderators seem more sure of themselves than I am on this.

I don't want to punish anyone for toxicity at any time. I don't think anything in this game got there. I don't think that this postgame needed to be like this.

I am biased here. I like ffa. I do think he sometimes doesn't have the care for other people's feelings (I specifically am talking about when you got banned on ZeldaDungeon for your comments on Dexgate, ffa). I like him in spite of this, because I think he's an interesting person to talk to, we share interests in pokemon, and I enjoy very greatly the fact that two people of differing political stances (to certain extents) in the current times can get along.

I acknowledge people's opinions on ffa. I am not going to say you have to like comments he makes. It is my personal belief that he doesn't think highly of himself in any way in mafia, and just is commenting the same way someone taking a selfie of their beergut with the caption "just got back from the gym, check out my 6-pack" while holding a real 6-pack is meant to be funny while also somewhat depricating. (But I think more highly of ffa than maybe he does in mafia? not super relevant)

I would ask people to read some of his posts with that context, even if he doesn't come across that way, I feel like I virtually know that is his intention. I have seen him in other communities, plural, and it does hurt to see people gang up on someone I like like this, even if I know its because of their own perceptions that I can see as valid.

I have said before that I don't think ffa ever got over his first impression, it took a long time for me to forget that he got modkilled in his first three games on FFR. I ask the impossible when I say that people should rewind time and go back before then, I don't think it ends up this way.

But I wish it could happen.

I like you guys a lot, this place is something I check literally every day for almost the past decade (nerd). I will remember some of the stuff for the rest of my life, and it really makes me sad when stuff like this happens. I don't know what I can do here, there might be nothing, idk.

FFR is a pretty good place somehow.
Old 12-2-2020, 11:10 PM   #97
FreezinIce
FFR Player

i dont think anyone is actually upset at ffa though.

To let the world be.

========

Quote:
AHHHHHHHHH SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET
Quote:
Originally Posted by roundbox View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean
Lynch all liars is good meta. Period.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red
My guess at this point is that there aren't actually any wolves, and all the humans are just going to kill each other until only a few are left. Then the remaining survivors will realize they are the real monsters.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Ike View Post
SCUM THEATER AA SCUM CHARU WOLF ALIEN ROUNDBOX IS TOWN AND FRAMED
Old 12-2-2020, 11:16 PM   #98
FreezinIce
FFR Player

speaking from experience yeah he derped alot when he first started playing here but he also had really good games later on especially when he rolls blue.

And speaking from this game, when shadow attacked FFA for expecting other players to lead d0 i was more than happy to join him. Not because i thought shadow was right at all, but because i could already tell FFA being alive with those thoughts and expectations would be very adversarial to my gameplan. I did NOT want to lead town or do any more work solving than the bare minimum, so i wanted FFA gone ASAP.

FFA made me sweat more d0 then anyone else did the rest of the game and it wasnt even close. He has come a long way in my eyes since he started here and I will always respect him as a player even if nobody else does (despite what i may say sometimes lol)

To let the world be.

========

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red
My guess at this point is that there aren't actually any wolves, and all the humans are just going to kill each other until only a few are left. Then the remaining survivors will realize they are the real monsters.
Quote:
Old 12-2-2020, 11:21 PM   #99
FreezinIce
FFR Player

That being said, i do like myself some scantily clad anime avatars so FFA gets a wierdchamp from me for being a prude on that

To let the world be.

========

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red
Quote:

Last edited by FreezinIce; 12-2-2020 at 11:21 PM..
Old 12-2-2020, 11:31 PM   #100
Shadow_God_10
Somewhere, but not here

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinIce View Post
That being said, i do like myself some scantily clad anime avatars so FFA gets a wierdchamp from me for being a prude on that
I have more.... suggestive avatar things that I could PROBABLY get away with

But I think I'll stick with this one for a long time
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
sunfan I fucked up
Quote:

Quote:
Closed Thread