Old 11-23-2020, 12:43 PM   #381
fatfuck42
FFR Player
 
fatfuck42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 11
Default Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [GAME THREAD]

Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
every townread that Yoshl is getting is marginally disrespectful to Yoshl's scum range
Beat me to it.

As far as I'm concerned, everyone should always live in fear of yoshl.
fatfuck42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 12:47 PM   #382
Xiz
TWG Chaos
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran
 
Xiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Cali4nia
Age: 29
Posts: 4,827
Send a message via Skype™ to Xiz
Default Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [GAME THREAD]

Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
Xiz, you know your townread of Yoshl is far too strong, like you have to be aware of this
explain to me why it's too strong? Should I be looking more into yoshl? I'd argue out of the playerlist today he is one of the most vocally towny players proving what feels like natural responses, or at least trying to prod players.

Or is it because you just full on disagree with my mindset of how I'm aproaching wolves this game, because this feels rather opportunistic of you
__________________

Xiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 12:53 PM   #383
Xiz
TWG Chaos
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran
 
Xiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Cali4nia
Age: 29
Posts: 4,827
Send a message via Skype™ to Xiz
Default Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [GAME THREAD]

In all seriousness, I've done my best trying to explain what my train of thought has been this game so far.

It might not be how yall are currently approaching finding wolves but I have never in TWG made a more honest post about my logic and just posting it right off the bat. In the past I've said "lol youll find out later" which gets me killed, or I've been more aggressive which has gotten me killed, and I just really, really don't want to be mislynched again because of this. I feel like at least in the past 10 games the only time when people trust me is when I'm so uncomfortably town that I snipe all 3 wolves instantly (see the jojo meme game with raeko).

I'm really trying to adjust my meta to help expalin myself more due to previously getting off'd as a blue one too many times. (no, this isnt a blue soft)


Also, thank you haku, I look forward to looking at you d2 or d3 lol
__________________

Xiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 12:54 PM   #384
Xiz
TWG Chaos
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran
 
Xiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Cali4nia
Age: 29
Posts: 4,827
Send a message via Skype™ to Xiz
Default Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [GAME THREAD]

So sunfan, even if you disagree about my opinion on yoshl, i'm still holding my ground.

No, it's not too strong for looking at just d1. I am clearing yoshl off the table. His tone between you and him and his response to being not mindmeldy with you, then explaining his approach is something a wolf just doesn't do.

If he is a wolf here, great. whatever. There are pleanty of other days where he can be looked at but no I believe it's a damn good read.
__________________

Xiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 12:57 PM   #385
Xiz
TWG Chaos
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran
 
Xiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Cali4nia
Age: 29
Posts: 4,827
Send a message via Skype™ to Xiz
Default Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [GAME THREAD]

So Ul has responded a bit. Waiting for them to give any reads. I still like where my vote is on them at the moment.

I still like where my vote is.
__________________

Xiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 12:58 PM   #386
Xiz
TWG Chaos
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran
 
Xiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Cali4nia
Age: 29
Posts: 4,827
Send a message via Skype™ to Xiz
Default Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [GAME THREAD]

oof i need to eat lunch i'm repeating myself. repeating myself.
__________________

Xiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 01:16 PM   #387
fatfuck42
FFR Player
 
fatfuck42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 11
Default Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [GAME THREAD]

At the start of the game I was entertaining the possibility that haku/shadow are wolfing together, but I've cooled on that idea now. Some of that stemmed from shadow seeming different from when I played with him in the AC game. He seemed more agro/adversarial here, but as the phase has gone on he's been acting more and more like Eugene so I feel he's town now.

Freezin seems natural and legit in terms of tone, focus, analysis, etc etc, so I think he's town. Same goes for Xiz and sunfan, but I don't want to lean too heavily into townreading them until I see an EOD or two. Let's say I'm cautiously optimistic there.

Ulle I'm a little less certain on now. Gut still says town, but her last big post reminds me too much of how I (and I suppose roundbox as well) tend to wolf. I'm not sure where the line of "a wolf would be more cautious of posting wolf-style" and "this is a wolf posting wolf-style" is...

FFA I'm really torn on, and that's kinda where I've been focusing. I think in general his posts and pushes read wolfy, but then when I asked him those questions earlier his response was quick and cogent, making me think he actually believes what he's putting forward and doesn't need to consult his fake narrative to make sure his story lines up. For others who've played with him when he's a wolf, how good is he at thinking on his feet?
fatfuck42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 01:20 PM   #388
fatfuck42
FFR Player
 
fatfuck42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 11
Default Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [GAME THREAD]

That's less of a reads list and more me trying to vocalize my thought process since freezin made me realize I haven't really been doing that, lol
fatfuck42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 01:27 PM   #389
the sun fan
FFR Player
 
the sun fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Age: 26
Posts: 404
Default Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [GAME THREAD]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiz View Post
explain to me why it's too strong? Should I be looking more into yoshl? I'd argue out of the playerlist today he is one of the most vocally towny players proving what feels like natural responses, or at least trying to prod players.

Or is it because you just full on disagree with my mindset of how I'm aproaching wolves this game, because this feels rather opportunistic of you
alright, I wasn't expecting an exposť on this from you.

wrt mindset, I don't think you and I have really been on the same page, but to say that I "full on disagree with your mindset" would definitely be going too far.

Maybe part of this is the fact that you wolfed with Yoshl in Sacred Stones (where he was self-admittedly rusty) rather than were forced to play town against him, but I believe in my heart that Yoshl would answer my question of "Is what you said to me firmly within your scum range?" with the answer of "yes, it is." Now, he might not do this, because fuck sunfan, but I do believe that he has done nothing that should be clearing. Yoshl doesn't know how to not be a "vocally towny player [prodding people's responses.]"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiz View Post
In all seriousness, I've done my best trying to explain what my train of thought has been this game so far.

It might not be how yall are currently approaching finding wolves but I have never in TWG made a more honest post about my logic and just posting it right off the bat. In the past I've said "lol youll find out later" which gets me killed, or I've been more aggressive which has gotten me killed, and I just really, really don't want to be mislynched again because of this. I feel like at least in the past 10 games the only time when people trust me is when I'm so uncomfortably town that I snipe all 3 wolves instantly (see the jojo meme game with raeko).

I'm really trying to adjust my meta to help expalin myself more due to previously getting off'd as a blue one too many times. (no, this isnt a blue soft)


Also, thank you haku, I look forward to looking at you d2 or d3 lol
I can sympathize with the mislynch bit, at least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiz View Post
So sunfan, even if you disagree about my opinion on yoshl, i'm still holding my ground.

No, it's not too strong for looking at just d1. I am clearing yoshl off the table. His tone between you and him and his response to being not mindmeldy with you, then explaining his approach is something a wolf just doesn't do.

If he is a wolf here, great. whatever. There are pleanty of days where he can be looked at no I believe it's a damn good read.
Go for it, hold your ground, buy 15 AR-15s and unload all of them into the air.

I'm not calling Yoshl scummy. My read on Yoshl is that he is on the signups list, and has a d0 pass from me. My point is that Yoshl can absolutely be mafia here. If your read is just a d0 pass, then we're closer than I thought we were on this read, but yours seems to have a very weak reason for justification, and you seem to be insisting that it is very strong.

The actual moment itself that you're talking about, yeah, it doesn't feel scummy to me, but that's about where that read ends for me. Even if Yoshl were scummy today, its not really the person I want to but heads with today (in fact, its the last person I would've tried to try to push a kill on [regardless of my alignment] today pre-signups, with Freezin being a close second and Haku being a virtual inevitability).

If you insist on the read, fine, I think its not a damn good read, and can easily be wrong. You haven't found Yoshl town for the right reasons, but yes, Yoshl has plenty
__________________
TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

FFR is a pretty good place somehow.
the sun fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 01:28 PM   #390
the sun fan
FFR Player
 
the sun fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Age: 26
Posts: 404
Default Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [GAME THREAD]

posted too quickly

Yoshl has plenty of room to be town**
__________________
TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

FFR is a pretty good place somehow.
the sun fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 01:32 PM   #391
the sun fan
FFR Player
 
the sun fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Age: 26
Posts: 404
Default Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [GAME THREAD]

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatfuck42 View Post
FFA I'm really torn on, and that's kinda where I've been focusing. I think in general his posts and pushes read wolfy, but then when I asked him those questions earlier his response was quick and cogent, making me think he actually believes what he's putting forward and doesn't need to consult his fake narrative to make sure his story lines up. For others who've played with him when he's a wolf, how good is he at thinking on his feet?
somehow, it feels like its been a while since I've seen him as a wolf, even though it maybe hasn't been that long? he'd remember better than I would, I suppose.

I'd say he's able to remain consistent, he's not even really said too many words I don't think it'd be hard for him to remember what he's said or done.

Not sure if this is what you're asking.
__________________
TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

FFR is a pretty good place somehow.
the sun fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 01:33 PM   #392
the sun fan
FFR Player
 
the sun fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Age: 26
Posts: 404
Default Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [GAME THREAD]

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatfuck42 View Post
That's less of a reads list and more me trying to vocalize my thought process since freezin made me realize I haven't really been doing that, lol
yeah I kinda forgot you were in the game till you backed me up on the Yoshl thing
__________________
TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

FFR is a pretty good place somehow.
the sun fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 01:42 PM   #393
fatfuck42
FFR Player
 
fatfuck42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 11
Default Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [GAME THREAD]

Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
somehow, it feels like its been a while since I've seen him as a wolf, even though it maybe hasn't been that long? he'd remember better than I would, I suppose.

I'd say he's able to remain consistent, he's not even really said too many words I don't think it'd be hard for him to remember what he's said or done.

Not sure if this is what you're asking.
That's essentially what I'm asking, yeah. A mix of that and whether, like, if he's a wolf and you're both in the thread and arguing with each other, whether he's comfortable getting back to you in (for the sake of example) a minute rather than five minutes, ten minutes, etc.
fatfuck42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 01:45 PM   #394
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran
 
roundbox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Age: 30
Posts: 2,527
Default Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [GAME THREAD]



Votecount:
TWGma (2) - Funnygurl555, the sun fan
flashflash account (2) - fatfuck42, FreezinIce
Ulleabhara (2) - Xiz, Shadow_God_10
Funnygurl555 (1) - TWGma

------

Not Voting (6): mellonxcollie, Hakulyte, flashflash account, YoshL, DaBackpack, Ulleabhara
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
I'd be too tiny to be a bouncer

watch my rad gameplay
roundbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 01:57 PM   #395
the sun fan
FFR Player
 
the sun fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Age: 26
Posts: 404
Default Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [GAME THREAD]

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatfuck42 View Post
That's essentially what I'm asking, yeah. A mix of that and whether, like, if he's a wolf and you're both in the thread and arguing with each other, whether he's comfortable getting back to you in (for the sake of example) a minute rather than five minutes, ten minutes, etc.
ah, ok
he's absolutely addicted to mafia, he loves it to death

quick responses are his only mode in that regard

he's probably in a few other games on other sites right now (he was previously alive in a game that FG and I are both still alive in on another site, for example)
__________________
TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

FFR is a pretty good place somehow.
the sun fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 02:03 PM   #396
Xiz
TWG Chaos
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran
 
Xiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Cali4nia
Age: 29
Posts: 4,827
Send a message via Skype™ to Xiz
Default Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [GAME THREAD]

Yes, yoshl has a d0 pass to me.

Sunfan, with the 2-3 posts Ul has made, has that changed your view on them?

Also how do you compare the lack of activity from Ul to someone like funny, and does that hold weight to ya

Bonus points if you explain why
__________________

Xiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 02:08 PM   #397
TWGma
FFR Player
 
TWGma's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 7
Default Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [GAME THREAD]

Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
you know how old people's knees can tell when its going to rain?
this is basically that
That would be bones you're referencing. Not knees.
Damn youngins.

Also, today is a fantastic day and nothing you all say or do can take away from that.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe View Post
Why are you fucking pockets again?
TWGma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 02:16 PM   #398
TWGma
FFR Player
 
TWGma's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 7
Default Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [GAME THREAD]

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatfuck42 View Post
FFA I'm really torn on, and that's kinda where I've been focusing. I think in general his posts and pushes read wolfy, but then when I asked him those questions earlier his response was quick and cogent, making me think he actually believes what he's putting forward and doesn't need to consult his fake narrative to make sure his story lines up. For others who've played with him when he's a wolf, how good is he at thinking on his feet?
My experiences with FFA have led to this:
If FFA seems disagreeable and wolfy, he's probably town.
If he's agreeable and generally pleasant in the thread, he's probably wolf.



I realize that's cherry-picking on the same person I've basically spent all gamer talking about, but nyeh, I really don't care right now, and won't until day 1 begins.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe View Post
Why are you fucking pockets again?
TWGma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 02:22 PM   #399
Shadow_God_10
Call me Lewdy, Sugar
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran
 
Shadow_God_10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto, Canada
Age: 28
Posts: 1,848
Send a message via Skype™ to Shadow_God_10
Default Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [GAME THREAD]

Good morning guys and gals! I'll do some catching up in a bit
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antori View Post
i can't vote shadow god because his profile picture gives me motivation to check on the thread regularly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Svaz View Post
more like Shad-hoe God am I right haha
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie View Post
TIL women have breasts because of horniness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 View Post
your hentai collection is commendable. i am both in awe and afraid of you
Shadow_God_10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 02:27 PM   #400
the sun fan
FFR Player
 
the sun fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Age: 26
Posts: 404
Default Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [GAME THREAD]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiz View Post
Yes, yoshl has a d0 pass to me.

Sunfan, with the 2-3 posts Ul has made, has that changed your view on them?

Also how do you compare the lack of activity from Ul to someone like funny, and does that hold weight to ya

Bonus points if you explain why
my view on Ul is relatively the same as to what it was before based solely on her posts, but obviously inactivity is never a good look so I don't think that I will shed a tear if she's lynched.

I think there is 10000000000000% a disposition towards overreacting to whenever someone makes a post like she did on FFR. It ought to not be illegal for you to talk about what roles should do without someone jumping down your throat about "hEY! shut up about the blues roles, ok!?" I knew what Haku's post was essentially going to say before I scrolled down to read all of it, because that's just who he is.

To expand a bit more on that, no one asked her to do it. I replaced into a slot on another site (I replaced into a scum slot, rather), and the person I was replacing had done a similarish post to that where no one had asked her to make that post, and it really was her just trying to say a lot of words and hope that it looked like she was being helpful. I will further state that these situations are different by saying that this person was not a slanker, and had a respectable postcount (wasn't the highest, but certainly wasn't trying to fly under the radar, don't remember what the number was at the time I replaced).

This... doesn't really feel like that to me, though I guess it could be. I just kind of believe that Ull made that post because she was trying to get into the headspace of mafia. I feel somewhat filthy making this read, but it seems like she is at a crossroads in her life, and she wanted to return to TWG. This feels like her trying to return to form, regardless of her alignment. People don't often lie about their meta, even when it can't be reasonably verified, so I don't really believe that this is some scum-sided post that is meant to root out the power roles. It is possible that this is a post that was made in order to appear helpful, without actually being so.

I will grant that the case is more developed than "SHE MENTIONED POWER ROLES! SHE MENTIONED POWER ROLES! NOT IN MY GAME!" which is normally about as deep as things get in this regard. In particular, raeko's read (I think it was raeko, I could be remembering wrong) that this was done without any attempt to connect any of it to the game, that I can agree with. Her content since was very lacking, and if she dies without providing any more content, I won't really cry about it.

There was, in my opinion, an awful lot of attention given to her post that I don't think was warranted. Almost everyone scumread it, aside from myself and plop (who has said that it was quite townie), or been confused by it (Lewdy can't handle posts more than 20 words anyways without a lady's bosom practically falling out of her top being the avatar of the person making the post)

TL;DR I think that there's much ado about nothing over her post. I don't think it is townie or wolfy, but rather an attempt to try to get into the game, and culture clash struck. If she is communicative in wolf chat (I don't know a thing about her wolf game), hopefully wolfchat would've advised her not to make it, but I know better than to speculate on wolfchat. Without more content, I am happy to see her killed today, but I don't think she is particularly scummy (I really ought to try to hammer out my reads more anyways)

the fg stuff lol idk she's in like 5 TWG games simultaneously right now and she works weird hours given her sleep schedule. I think that the inactivity between two slots is likely incomparable. DBP is always like this, for example. I know FG is in a lot of games. That doesn't make me think that either of them are more or less likely to be scum, but it makes me happier to see them killed due to the nature of inactives generally being wolves.

There, one exposť returned with another
__________________
TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

FFR is a pretty good place somehow.
the sun fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright FlashFlashRevolution