Old 07-17-2022, 06:18 PM   #661
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: TWG 202 - GAME THREAD

I have put a long post here. Do not skip.

The first big issue we have, is this post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte View Post
I don't like this. This is foreshadowing imo if you think about what players may respond to this. The reason is because the OP doesn't state exactly what players can roll. The only info related to this is that it says "applicants" on top of the player list. I'm assuming everyone should be priorizing finding townies right now using random banter or whatever works. There's no reason to target the setup since it's currently swiss cheese central. It's full of holes and too much unknown information.

I guess if you're just trying to look sus on purpose that works too, but I hope you can get somewhere good with this. That being said, your posts are a pretty decent ice breaker in this game and we badly need activity so, honestly this looks pretty good in that respect.
This post isn't scummy. I think announcing he thinks targeting the setup is bad is totally fair.

At this juncture early game, I sided with bugkid in this interaction. Then the post they made in this interaction:

Quote:
Elaborate please.
Quote:
Originally Posted by storn42 View Post
quite frankly i dont think further elaboration is needed
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugkid666 View Post
so which pr will you claim? nobody can dispute you since we don't know the roles
Quote:
Why would I be a pr ?
Messed it up. Asking a player to PR claim is always bad. HOWEVER, if we try to dig into what bugkid was pushing here, bugkid was trying to bait Haku into actually slipping, they saw something in that first post, it's lost on me what it actually was.

Storn also jumps into the push, after I abandon it. Haku asking for elaboration could be trying to dodge.

Haku walks away fine here. But at this juncture, Haku's play stands out as different.

Quote:
You guys shouldn't just go one liners mode and vote me without no explanations. It's just going to look horrible next phase when people will read you back.

There has to be more explaining.
But then he kind of ruins it. This is a very "Xel is caught as wolf" post, where he's just baiting the interaction, trying to keep the convo going because he knows he's harder to deal with. The explanation is actually pretty obvious.

Quote:
What does roundbox think ?
Where Hateandhatred / WV
The distance on FFA / Haku here screams to me. FFA has yet to post here. Yet he is calling on WV / Hatred. Wonder why. Note this for later.

Quote:
It's one of those games where I flip town and you still don't understand my actions after the flip because the plan had nothing to do with how I perceive my own posts.

It's probably a faster win to just vote between the pool of players that has no real opinion so far.
BRUH. No action you made here looks "good" they just don't look "bad." I badly want to assign malice to that post BK picked out. I just can't. Why is this post here? I don't recall you being the type to wallow in first day because you like, never get toasted first day. WHY.

Quote:
Do you genuinely don't recognize what I'm doing from my own shoes ? In previous games, I feel like you had a pretty good gut instinct of what I was doing. Seems like I confused you the wrong way here. Just keep in mind that I'm the type who raise red flags when I see players messing around with PR related stuff and yet somehow I did this weird play. You shouldn't be voting me from making people coin flip what I am. You should be voting me if I tried to make someone else claim their role. Yet, you ended up asking me if I'm a role. I see where you're coming from, but generally speaking; you don't want to out a PR D0.

If you think I'm scum then there has to be some sort of agenda or intention behind this that would let me influence the votes of others. Where is that ? There shouldn't be anything related to that. What normally happens D0 is that the wolf team ends up being something annoying like WV / FFA and town just self-destruct slowly because they keep trying to find something that doesn't exist yet. I'm not saying that they're wolfing, but the lack of information / opinion / commentary is usually a popular thematic for the D0 wolf agenda. They even have a good excuse this game. The phases are really short and besides trying to spearhead finding townies, there's not much I can do. Doing controversial plays are often the easy way to approach this.
NEEDLESSLY defensive here. You to date, as far as I recall, have NEVER played like this.

WHAT HAS YOU SO FUCKING SCARED DUDE.

Quote:
That is probably your most informative post. I just wish you explained it a bit further.
Defend me B~R~U~H

Quote:
It never came in mind that I would post what I posted intentionally ?
Quote:
i dont fully buy the intentional post.
I fucking don't either. I think BK caught something, and Storn actually saw it. I don't think it's the SLIP though. It's something else.

Quote:
In terms of actions my game is something along the lines of:

Haku opens thread.
Haku freak out at lack of activity.
Haku asks himself how to make people say things to help Haku read them.
Haku post #35 with this in mind.
Haku gets voted.
Haku ignore votes and look at posts to gain information to read players.
Haku take notes, but still feel weird about reads.
Haku throws pairings at people to see what they say.
Haku tries to make sense of additional information.

Rinse and repeat until either I feel confident about something or just vote someone that's too hard to read.

I'm still accepting suggestions for how 2 play.
Haku opened the thread.
Haku wants to seem townie, and sees a post that offers this opportunity.
Haku makes post 35, fucks something up.
Haku is pushed / called out.
Haku admits to deflecting, and ignoring pressure, but because he actually has no response.
Haku calls on other afk players except FFA.
Haku throws pairings out, careful of what he picks. No world makes sense.
Haku is allowed to go

I fixed this for you.

Quote:
You previously said that'd be xel or star.

Do you still feel that way ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashflash account View Post
yeah that's where I'm looking today
not particularly pushy about anything since I missed all of yesterday due to being out of town
The narrative. A clean interaction though.

Quote:
I think I'm the only wagon currently and lurker voted WV at some point.

Awkward.
Quote:
I'd genuinely vote an inactive here. I almost feel like the game is unplayable if we keep removing more active players.
STAHP VOTING ME GUAIZ

Quote:
The FFA call do feel right unfortunately. I don't genuinely think Roundbox/Xel are good votes either.
Cute.

Quote:
Maybe I'm misreading again, but this post feels a bit funny after the events that just happened with last night.

As for the star vote, I just decided to follow FFA on whoever he was voting. Feel free to associate him with me this game. I didn't have any particular strong opinions on who to vote. I was still trying to figure out if there's some dynamics between players. sus/10 answer I know.
Quote:
why?
Quote:
What do you mean why ? Game felt like everyone rolled green applicant D0 no matter how I look at it. I wish my early game thing left more hindsight for this point into the game.

If there someone who rolled wolf in the previous phase and moved back to green you should say something, but I doubt anyone like that will show up.

Still, if everyone was town on the first phase then why did storn flip ? That would mean there's a "N0" mechanic in the game or does that mean the game actually started on the previous phase ?

If the game only started now then what's the point of the previous phase ? There has to be more to this.
Quote:
Did you (or anyone else) have Among Us as Recreational Activity ?
Quote:
Well, no one confirmed or denied that they were/weren't "green applicants" D0.
Quote:
Why did you decide to follow my vote
Quote:
You know, the thing where there's 1 minute left to the phase, I'm not sure what to vote and I see a stack of votes on you when I'm not confident you're wolfing.
We then see FFA wrangle Haku expertly here, using a light grilling to seperate the unintentional mistake Haku makes here for the distancing. Haku fucks up though, his answer is bad, because it totally shes that not only is FFA wrangling Haku

Haku is trying to keep away from FFA votes.

Also! Let's take a side bar, for a minute.

Guess what's really funny on a yet further reread during this iso.

Remember how Storn's been riding Haku all game?

Quote:
nah. i think i know how to solve you
(This post is aimed at Haku.)

Guess. Who. Died. Night. 1.

Fucking Storn did.

But why?

Storn's made one push this game.

OH WAIT NOPE SORRY

HE MADE ONE MORE

GUESS WHO IT WAS.

Quote:
ffa I dont like it, but idk that there is a better choice we can wagon
I don't feel a need to go further. I think Haku's scum. I think FFA is also scum, or playing a very washed up (his words not mine) town game.

BUT GO FURTHER WE SHALL.

Quote:
What do you mean why ? Game felt like everyone rolled green applicant D0 no matter how I look at it. I wish my early game thing left more hindsight for this point into the game.

If there someone who rolled wolf in the previous phase and moved back to green you should say something, but I doubt anyone like that will show up.

Still, if everyone was town on the first phase then why did storn flip ? That would mean there's a "N0" mechanic in the game or does that mean the game actually started on the previous phase ?

If the game only started now then what's the point of the previous phase ? There has to be more to this.
I think as far as a slip is involved, I think there's a bit of an emotional one here.

IF I thought a world where scum didn't know their roles first day was the case (I don't, but if you do) Haku slips some what feels like irritation he didn't know his role first day, because he'd have played it differently, and is now sold to his current posting style. Which I might add - is out of place. I don't wanna go into specifics of how this pertains to first game day, but you'd have to reconsider some stuff in this universe.

Quote:
I think FFA is the last town and Xel would be the last wolf mostly based on meta.
I feel it's important to point out when Haku does something correctly. I think based in Hakuland, this post could be genuine. As at this point I am fairly AFK, this is infact my wolf meta at least according to all of you.

Quote:
I'm actually town reading Xel over this post.

It's not much, but I feel like wolf Xel wouldn't even bother.
Listen, as the foremost authority on XelNya, I can tell you, I would because of the last part of the post. I enjoy being an ass hole.

Quote:
I'm top poster. Wolf haku not top poster. Innocent child confirmed.

Wolf Haku would say what you want to hear.
Town Haku just wishes he could play like Wolf Haku.

It's that simple really.
sussy baka the amoogus vented into coms to sabo to kill the fool who dare

Quote:
Well, the short version of that would be because FFA is asking others to do stuff instead of doing it himself.
This is completely the wrong answer.

The issue I've had with you and FFA to this point, where I bothered to fucking write a post that will actually be skipped entirely as the rest of town toss the game to the wolves like nice clean-killed meat, is that:

1. I think you are a wolf.
2. You and FFA have played a very specific spacing game, and your narrative for this, is equally tied to me, as you've been wishy-washy on me as well. You're using the bouncing nature of me and FFA to keep from the solid narrative. You do this often as town, as you're just a content machine, and that's the play this game. To be the content machine.
3. The part that sells me this, is that at opportunities to save FFA, you have done so. In times to save you, he has done so. When he thinks you're fucking up, he has wrangled you from doing worse.

I'm willing to own I'm in a tunnel right now. But I dunno, it's screaming at me.

IN SHORT: I intend to vote Haku and can barely be convinced otherwise. My vote will be 30 minutes from the end of day.
Old 07-17-2022, 06:23 PM   #662
Hakulyte
the Haku
Retired StaffD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

I have to afk 1-2 hours for irl reasons. rip me.
Old 07-17-2022, 06:24 PM   #663
Hakulyte
the Haku

tbh just kill me and blame me post game or kitb me again for the memes.
Old 07-17-2022, 07:13 PM   #664
T-Force
Your world ends with you
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

VOTE COUNT
Yet to vote - roundbox, FreezinIce, Hakulyte, XelNya, flashflash account

With 5 alive, it takes 3 to insta.

There are 2 hours and 47 minutes remaining.

(post is mostly made for countdown purposes rather than votes, but screw it. Have both)
Old 07-17-2022, 07:59 PM   #665
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran

I might just have to trust myself

I owe an apology to town for yesterday. I was too afraid of being wrong, and that's something I regret
Old 07-17-2022, 08:01 PM   #666
Hakulyte
the Haku

Quote:
Originally Posted by roundbox View Post
I might just have to trust myself

I owe an apology to town for yesterday. I was too afraid of being wrong, and that's something I regret
Both votes would have been wrong. It's the sole reason why I'm more comfortable with you.

This sucks because fmpov the games after FFA / Freezin at this junction, but I guess the game is harder for you and Xel.
Old 07-17-2022, 08:02 PM   #667
Hakulyte
the Haku

Apparently English is hard suddenly.
Old 07-17-2022, 08:04 PM   #668
Hakulyte
the Haku

I do still need to consider Xel wolfing and making up an agenda to end the game here tho.

This might be too narrow minded imo to be real.
Old 07-17-2022, 08:05 PM   #669
Hakulyte
the Haku

Xel voting me is going to force me to cross vote Xel and potentially end the game if he was town.
Old 07-17-2022, 08:06 PM   #670
Hakulyte
the Haku

Doing this 30min before eod is absolute garbage tho.

Do it now or leave your tunnel.
Old 07-17-2022, 08:08 PM   #671
Hakulyte
the Haku

I don't understand how I was supposed to make you vote elsewhere if you think I'm supposed to fix some imaginary standard on what I should have been doing.

I don't know myself what I'm doing most of the time when I'm posting.
Old 07-17-2022, 08:16 PM   #672
FreezinIce
FFR Player

Im here, catching up on what i missed

To let the world be.

========

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie View Post
AHHHHHHHHH SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean
Lynch all liars is good meta. Period.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red
My guess at this point is that there aren't actually any wolves, and all the humans are just going to kill each other until only a few are left. Then the remaining survivors will realize they are the real monsters.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Ike View Post
SCUM THEATER AA SCUM CHARU WOLF ALIEN ROUNDBOX IS TOWN AND FRAMED
Old 07-17-2022, 08:26 PM   #673
FreezinIce
FFR Player

Quote:
Well, this is more a general question, but who do you think are the remaining 2 town players or who do you think are the 2 wolves left ?

This question should apply to everyone ofc. I'm a mixed bag myself and second opinions are definitely welcome at this stage.

Atm id bet on wolves being haku and ffa. Still have some posts to read though

To let the world be.

========

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie View Post
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean
Lynch all liars is good meta. Period.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red
My guess at this point is that there aren't actually any wolves, and all the humans are just going to kill each other until only a few are left. Then the remaining survivors will realize they are the real monsters.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Ike View Post
SCUM THEATER AA SCUM CHARU WOLF ALIEN ROUNDBOX IS TOWN AND FRAMED
Old 07-17-2022, 08:37 PM   #674
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]

Quote:

Quote:
I don't understand how I was supposed to make you vote elsewhere if you think I'm supposed to fix some imaginary standard on what I should have been doing.

Old 07-17-2022, 08:42 PM   #675
Hakulyte
the Haku

Well, I guess it's starting to be clear to me who's wolfing and not trying to reevaluate.
Old 07-17-2022, 08:45 PM   #676
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]

Quote:
Well, I guess it's starting to be clear to me who's wolfing and not trying to reevaluate.
This is why I decide to get mean instead of fair

last post is a shitpost, the gloves come off now
Old 07-17-2022, 08:50 PM   #677
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]

Quote:
I have to afk 1-2 hours for irl reasons. rip me.
Quote:
tbh just kill me and blame me post game or kitb me again for the memes.
Quote:
Both votes would have been wrong. It's the sole reason why I'm more comfortable with you.

This sucks because fmpov the games after FFA / Freezin at this junction, but I guess the game is harder for you and Xel.
Quote:
Apparently English is hard suddenly.
Quote:
I do still need to consider Xel wolfing and making up an agenda to end the game here tho.

This might be too narrow minded imo to be real.
Quote:
Xel voting me is going to force me to cross vote Xel and potentially end the game if he was town.
Quote:

Quote:

I don't know myself what I'm doing most of the time when I'm posting.
Quote:
ANYWHERE in this post wall could contain something of merit, and you're just fucking choosing not to

Are you fucking scared? Too busy crying in the corner?

BRUH

FUCKING ARGUE WITH ME

It's not that hard, I'm a goddamned shit-lord for fuck's sake
Old 07-17-2022, 08:52 PM   #678
Hakulyte
the Haku

Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
ANYWHERE in this post wall could contain something of merit, and you're just fucking choosing not to

Are you fucking scared? Too busy crying in the corner?

BRUH

FUCKING ARGUE WITH ME

It's not that hard, I'm a goddamned shit-lord for fuck's sake
I prefer to think you're doing this on purpose than because you don't understand something.

If you don't understand something, I feel like you would have asked someone about something by now.
Old 07-17-2022, 08:53 PM   #679
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]

Old 07-17-2022, 08:53 PM   #680
Hakulyte
the Haku

In other words, I'm expecting you to ask questions instead of convincing me that a circle is a square.
Closed Thread