Closed Thread

Old 05-1-2022, 01:25 AM   #601
flashflash account
FFR Player

Default Re: TWG 201: Game Showdown Throwdown (Excite11) - GAME THREAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
we live in the "exciting 9+" world now, so this is autowin pretty much

it would def be legendary game if the vigi sniped both wolves, but I'd rather nail the last wolf to the cross this phase and not hand-over the MVP to the vigi
I think I would prefer that tbh

I guess I can't be too mad that you didn't glean much from a raeko iso since I didn't really either

Raeko thought you were town which is enough for me to prefer haku atm

-----

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinIce View Post
FFA playing 4D chess in Gemity while us mortals are stuck on this gay earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenAshy View Post
I’ve demonstrated self-awareness
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
i was pretty close to letting this slide tbh, but honestly your utter lack of understanding of the situation irritates me more than anything else at this point
Quote:
seriously everything i wrote went way over your head if your reading comprehension is so far below third grade level while people may care about your opinion you should refrain from giving it because it's worthless
Old 05-1-2022, 01:25 AM   #602
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~

Send a message via Skype™ to DaBackpack

Quote:
Originally Posted by star-crossed View Post
I honestly do not usually look too much at kills unless the person that died was somebody I literally sussed. My impression is that Lewdy and raeko are besties, so I think that could cause him to fear her presence in the game long-term or to have paid more attention to her posts than a wolf team composed without him may have.

I did forget she had you as a top town until you requoted it. Haha
in general I'd agree, there are any number of reasons why someone might be picked, but picking raeko here stands out to me, especially knowing Lewdy was a wolf too

as others have said, lewdy didn't seem as invested this game (he said he didn't want to be "overbearing", but iirc bug mentioned something about Lewdy's activity being higher as town vs wolf)----

which makes it stranger that the wolf team would make this particular kill just for some marginal benefit in protecting Lewdy.

I guess there's not really too much actionable info this reasoning gives us but it still stands out to me as weird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogy View Post
no one cares
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog View Post
there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
that's kind of a sad statistic
Old 05-1-2022, 01:32 AM   #603
flashflash account
FFR Player

Bug for the bug god

-----

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
i was pretty close to letting this slide tbh, but honestly your utter lack of understanding of the situation irritates me more than anything else at this point
Quote:
seriously everything i wrote went way over your head if your reading comprehension is so far below third grade level while people may care about your opinion you should refrain from giving it because it's worthless
Old 05-1-2022, 01:32 AM   #604
flashflash account
FFR Player

Oh no I broke it

-----

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-1-2022, 01:36 AM   #605
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow_God_10 View Post
Hmmm... WV is pretty straight to the point with what he wants iirc

Raeko forgets she signed up for TWG about....65% of the time (See animal crossing game, and probably this one)

I haven't played much with Shado

DBP has a special switch in his brain where he chugs spinach and becomes Popeye for a EOD or two.

Bugkid just posts their thoughts and pokes around when they want questions answered...

I could not tell you how FFA plays, I still can't read the dude for shit

I don't know anything about how Zenny plays either.
I almost interpreted this as a reads list but it's actually not, lmao

it's a reply to:

Quote:
I am not familiar with Father Brown, so it is kind of exciting, to not know what to expect. The only time I played excitebike was within Animal Crossing.

Shado, I am doing accounting. I think the type of work is fine and my employer's the problem, but I should not go into it more because it will distract me.

Shadow, do you have any more dirt on how people may play besides Xel? Haha
lewdy's only real "read" is that he "wanted to hear more from Zenith"

so there's not anything there either

Quote:
no one cares
Quote:
Old 05-1-2022, 01:36 AM   #606
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashflash account View Post
Oh no I broke it
homie

Quote:
no one cares
Quote:
Old 05-1-2022, 01:39 AM   #607
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

yo who's still on? sorry I'm late I do gw2 Saturday nights

also WV you're a dumbass lmao
& now there's no more inactives in game I believe, so this should get a bit better from here on out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte
I followed the "by the book" play, but I was reading the "not to do" page.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
" I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley."
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoshL View Post
"i gave you 20 ducks, and spent a lot of time making one of them quack, and pointed at the particular one and asked "is that one the worst quacker"" ... "you could still give somewhat of an answer based on the quality of the quacks, and the other random quacks from the ducks surrounding that weren't the center of focus."
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie
"I love Wolfe's duck avi so much. Shado's Duck Shrine is the best!!
Old 05-1-2022, 01:44 AM   #608
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

Quote:
I do not think Haku is likely to say that while knowing for a fact Shadowgod is a wolf, because it is SO ass backwards. I can think of multiple games I have lost on this website because the town did not account for the fact that wolves may be more likely to sus their own partners than the town are to catch them first. It is even a tendency I have seen in Haku specifically, before. But, this is something I actually thought about back on Day 0 when Haku made this post and I kind of sussed both of them and was confused by this take on Shadowgod.
I agree. while strong wolf-teaming happens as much as bussing here, I don't think Haku just invariably clears his partner off top. I think Haku is more concerned with being right that he would at least throw in a little suspicion in a read like that

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
"i gave you 20 ducks, and spent a lot of time making one of them quack, and pointed at the particular one and asked "is that one the worst quacker"" ... "you could still give somewhat of an answer based on the quality of the quacks, and the other random quacks from the ducks surrounding that weren't the center of focus."
Quote:
Old 05-1-2022, 01:48 AM   #609
bugkid666
FFR Player

Quote:
Bug for the bug god
this is absolutely horrendous to look at on mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hateandhatred View Post
dude your list was as substantial as a corporate public apology
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellonxcollie View Post
IM ON RED LOBSTER PUBLIC WIFI

they/them
Old 05-1-2022, 01:48 AM   #610
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

Quote:
btw I wanna clarify as a side note

I'm not happy he got warned for this post given a particular post I made at him earlier in the game, and it feels like a repeat of kappa and I from last time I played

I did not ask for this, nor would I, especially because far as I am aware, there's no official rule against that kind of posting

but we can keep the rest of that discussion for post-game
bruh he posted at :04. the warning was def justified
meaning I don't think the warning had anything to do with being insulting or w/e just he posted way way too late

but yea I agree with the last sentence nothing productive to be gained here

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-1-2022, 01:57 AM   #611
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
most frustratingly, we'll never get an answer for this
I had 3 accounts banned from ages 7-12. neopets mods notoriously banned ppl for the smallest shit. one of my bans was justified (cheating on their flash games), but the other two were bullshit and I'm still salty over them.

FYI I've never been banned from any website since, so it's not like I was being a malicious fuckface on their forums or anything. on that note I just realized that despite everything that's happened in my whole life, the only place I've ever been 86'd from is fucking NEOPETS

omfg my world is spinning

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-1-2022, 02:04 AM   #612
star-crossed
FFR Player

Quote:
eh, I don't put much stock in reactions
but I do put stock in people saying they don't like shadowgod

not sure why you're so opposite that, I'd be willing to hang haku based on shadowgod interactions alone, not town clear them haha
OK, so back to this.

Reactions are particularly important because there is a morale differential between the two sides right now. It's a great day to be town. From my viewpoint, this creates an environment where the last wolf is moreso forced to actually lie about how they really feel.

My personal experience with most wolf players on this website, including Haku, is that they are not afraid to distance early and often if the opportunity arises. They tend to be highly unlikely to give that strong of a town read on a fellow wolf. It is more of an outright lie to make that claim about another wolf, than to talk about why a town player is obviously town. It is probably harder to do convincingly, or to be convinced that you can get away with saying it. Keep in mind, Haku as a wolf may have been a bit flustered, with people expressing being sus already prior to the post in question.

I highly disagreed with Haku's read of Shadowgod on d0, and I thought over what that meant, and I decided it was phrased so boldly that it would be an atypical w/w interaction and the game could not be so easy, that my two people that strike me as off are the actual wolf team. (I thought bugkid for instance, was a more likely wolf among Haku's town reads.) But, my unaligned read on Shadow and Haku was contributing to my anxiety at the end of the day yesterday. I wasn't sure which between the two was a better vote to push.

In the junior TWG game I mentioned, you both distanced from each other well and won because of it. I do realize that was partly due to the fact that wolves had extra information by seeing my claim coming a mile away and adapted to it, but it's nonetheless a situation where by knowing who the wolves are, wolves knew how to set themselves up to be OK if the other goes down.

In that weird Survivor TWG where Haku and DBP were both wolves, those two were off everybody else's radars for 90% of the game, but they were distancing the entire time. In one of my more recent games, Haku/raeko/antori was the team, and I was in this horrible argument with Lar the entirety of D0 about how to read Haku. Again, that team was distancing obnoxiously from the get-go (albeit, raeko initiated it I believe, not Haku.)

I've struggled to understand Haku's play in this game a lot of the time, but I think the most likely and safest behavior from a wolf is to claim to be vaguely sus of Lewdy's lack of posts, but just make sure there's more negative attention in other directions.
Old 05-1-2022, 02:23 AM   #613
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

Quote:
OK, so back to this.

Reactions are particularly important because there is a morale differential between the two sides right now. It's a great day to be town. From my viewpoint, this creates an environment where the last wolf is moreso forced to actually lie about how they really feel.

My personal experience with most wolf players on this website, including Haku, is that they are not afraid to distance early and often if the opportunity arises. They tend to be highly unlikely to give that strong of a town read on a fellow wolf. It is more of an outright lie to make that claim about another wolf, than to talk about why a town player is obviously town. It is probably harder to do convincingly, or to be convinced that you can get away with saying it. Keep in mind, Haku as a wolf may have been a bit flustered, with people expressing being sus already prior to the post in question.

I highly disagreed with Haku's read of Shadowgod on d0, and I thought over what that meant, and I decided it was phrased so boldly that it would be an atypical w/w interaction and the game could not be so easy, that my two people that strike me as off are the actual wolf team. (I thought bugkid for instance, was a more likely wolf among Haku's town reads.) But, my unaligned read on Shadow and Haku was contributing to my anxiety at the end of the day yesterday. I wasn't sure which between the two was a better vote to push.

In the junior TWG game I mentioned, you both distanced from each other well and won because of it. I do realize that was partly due to the fact that wolves had extra information by seeing my claim coming a mile away and adapted to it, but it's nonetheless a situation where by knowing who the wolves are, wolves knew how to set themselves up to be OK if the other goes down.

In that weird Survivor TWG where Haku and DBP were both wolves, those two were off everybody else's radars for 90% of the game, but they were distancing the entire time. In one of my more recent games, Haku/raeko/antori was the team, and I was in this horrible argument with Lar the entirety of D0 about how to read Haku. Again, that team was distancing obnoxiously from the get-go (albeit, raeko initiated it I believe, not Haku.)

I've struggled to understand Haku's play in this game a lot of the time, but I think the most likely and safest behavior from a wolf is to claim to be vaguely sus of Lewdy's lack of posts, but just make sure there's more negative attention in other directions.
The other aspect is that when you asked him your question about his read on bugkid and shadowgod, he responded with his read of me. I don't think that confusion comes naturally to someone who's wolfing with someone, but that's just a peripheral point to this: when I clarified you were talking about shadowgod and quoted your post, his response was

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte View Post
I don't care if she doesn't like it. I'm just saying what works for myself. I just feel like Shadow God would fail to emulate his town sense that well.

I also feel like bugkid has an identicaly mind state as every town game they ever rolled.

If you can't see that then I'm curious about what you see.
followed by
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte View Post
Shadow God flipping wolf here would just be major wtf moment. I can't find anything.
which is like tripling down on the lewdy clear. both from tone and from being a part of that conversation at the time and feeling his reaction as genuine in that conversation, I don't think I see this coming from wolfHaku referring to his partner.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-1-2022, 02:26 AM   #614
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe View Post
The other aspect is that when you asked him your question about his read on bugkid and shadowgod, he responded with his read of me. I don't think that confusion comes naturally to someone who's wolfing with someone
meaning, if someone pressures wolfHaku to justify their read on their partner, I don't think wolfHaku casually gives a read of a different player based on name similarity. in addition, when someone pressures wolfHaku to justify their read on their partner, I don't think wolfHaku responds with "I don't care what she thinks"

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-1-2022, 02:33 AM   #615
star-crossed
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe View Post
glgl
FFA silent unmoving
DBP silent brooding
hmm

here we gooo
I liked that this was something you were looking at, while also how you were approaching other aspects of day end. I think I liked FFA's behavior more than you did at the time. I don't know if you wanted to talk about that? DBP's I did not really like, although he's since claimed not to have known when it was.

I feel like there was something else I wanted to ask you, but I can't think of it right now.
Old 05-1-2022, 02:54 AM   #616
star-crossed
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugkid666 View Post
edit: this is under the guise of zenith actually making more than one post. i also think lynching inactives is good, because people who do not talk do not help town. if one more damn person says that lynching inactives is wolfy i'm gonna riot
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugkid666 View Post
kinda no point in voting anyone I find suspicious when there's an inactive, but I absolutely see your point. I don't super care how that makes people view me, because I still stand by that decision and although zenith flipped town, it still helps to have more active people around I.e. giving us more info.

that being said, lewdy would have been my second choice for sure.
I have a less black and white view on how to handle inactives than you do, I think. I understand that people generally maintain their philosophy on that between games, so as long as someone is being internally consistent and not hypocritical, it is what it is. But, the riot comment in the first post, my brain has flagged as being out of place, because it's so...preemptively defensive? Not sure if there is more context you would be able to give on that
Old 05-1-2022, 02:58 AM   #617
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

Quote:
I liked that this was something you were looking at, while also how you were approaching other aspects of day end. I think I liked FFA's behavior more than you did at the time. I don't know if you wanted to talk about that? DBP's I did not really like, although he's since claimed not to have known when it was.

I feel like there was something else I wanted to ask you, but I can't think of it right now.
FFA weirded me out going silent at the end of the day but ultimately ended up moving his vote and I feel better about him today. I would like to hear his own thoughts on that and why he ended up following DBP on Haku though, when DBP was his vote up until that point, so thank you for reminding me to ask. @FFA can you talk about your EOD silence and where your head was at in the moment?

DBP basically played 3-4 hours of d0 fmpov. While he's known to do that now (and in the last game I played with him) or whatever, that wasn't always the case and isn't the DBP I'm used to from prior. Irrespective of that, what caught my eye at the time was that he disappeared for like the full hour leading up to EoD after his initial readup, and when he came back he told WV to keep thinking (even though he had been gone gone). So his contribution to EoD was quoting the neopets ban thing at :01, but was still willing to get on another TWG 101 highhorse to WV when he himself wasn't around most of the phase.

I don't think that portion is all that indicative of DBP's alignment, but it's frustrating because it feels like this "show up at EoD and solve" meta that's developed is harmful and that the "detective backpack" alter ego has gotten to his head tbh.

I also remember there was some contrast between lewdy's comments on "popeye" DBP vs the other inactives at the time, but idk how much stock I'd put in a dead wolf's posts. I'm just largely unimpressed by his D0 and want to see more of his thoughts on more players before I'm comfortable in being able to place where he's coming from

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-1-2022, 03:09 AM   #618
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

Quote:
Yesterday at EoD there were two things you said that I wanted to ask you about at the time but there was none so, since we're talking:

The first is, "Shado comes off to me as having a lot of fun, and it reminds me of the good old days of TWG. I still think the main thing that gave me a good feeling, was the emotional complexity with when raeko forgot the game. DaBackpack apparently has no opinion on that. Lame. I think I was hoping that he would help me more with what to make of Haku. "

can you walk me through the logic on "I wanted DBP to help me read Shado so I could better read Haku"?
and who is the "he" in the last sentence?

the other thing was right at EoD you were talking about how Haku was the one thing that engaged you or something along those lines and said "I still haven't decided if I can stomach leaving my vote there. I just feel like I needed someone else to step up and help me make more sense of it so that I can form a more holistic view of the game, and two of the people who might have been able to do that are Currently Active non-players, and it's just... I don't feel grounded in this game."

what did you mean by "currently active non-players"? and do you feel more grounded now, or still about the same?

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-1-2022, 03:16 AM   #619
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayward Vagabond View Post
I don't think I've ever really thought much about FFA lol. Whatever vote I have on him is entire a joke. I'm also pretty sure I quoted a post of his that pushed me towards seeing him more town
so this was in response to my asking you about your vote on FFA. 12 minutes before EoD.
then you left your vote there and happily commented through EoD.
what was up with that?

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-1-2022, 03:23 AM   #620
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

on a less serious note, I'm gonna end my night by taking one from goldstinger's playbook

BUTTS BUTTS BUTTS BUTTS BUTTS BUTTS

BUTTS BUTTS BUTTS BUTTS BUTTS GOODNIGHT

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Closed Thread