Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2011, 05:04 PM   #861
All_That_Chaz
Supreme Dictator For Life
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to All_That_Chaz
Default Re: League of Legends

You know what forget it I think I'll just quit this game forever. 100% of players are douchebag idiots. Bots aren't fun anymore. I don't know how anyone with an ounce of sense enjoys anything that involves pvp.
dammit chaz
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoJaR View Post
god dammit chaz
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalReynolds
I bet when you live in a glass house, the temptation to throw stones is magnified strictly because you're not supposed to.
Old 07-18-2011, 07:08 PM   #862
Hurleyisgod
Let's trash this place
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by All_That_Chaz View Post
You know what forget it I think I'll just quit this game forever. 100% of players are douchebag idiots. Bots aren't fun anymore. I don't know how anyone with an ounce of sense enjoys anything that involves pvp.
Ah, I remember my first PvP experience xD
Old 07-18-2011, 07:16 PM   #863
Xx{Midnight}xX
FFR Player

I don't play this game myself, but my brother plays.

His name is Pandablunt. Just tell him you're from FFR
Old 07-18-2011, 07:48 PM   #864
All_That_Chaz
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurleyisgod View Post
Ah, I remember my first PvP experience xD
This isn't my first pvp experience. LoL is by far the worst community I've ever been a part of.
dammit chaz
Quote:
god dammit chaz
Quote:
I bet when you live in a glass house, the temptation to throw stones is magnified strictly because you're not supposed to.
Old 07-18-2011, 08:54 PM   #865
Mr.Nothing
R.I.P. Steve <3
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Mr.Nothing

Quote:
This isn't my first pvp experience. LoL is by far the worst community I've ever been a part of.
I would definitely have to agree with this.
There has never been a game where nothing but the players made me angry, and I have a pretty relaxed demeanor to things.

Either way,
I main Noc, Blitz, and LeBlanc if anyone wants to play.
Naletol (NA 30)
Old 07-18-2011, 09:25 PM   #866
Hurleyisgod
Let's trash this place
FFR Veteran

I was referring to my first pvp experience in LoL. And yes, i would have to agree that LoL has the worst community of multiplayer games by far
Old 07-19-2011, 06:36 AM   #867
-paexaea-
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

I had a feeling Chaz would quit. If you think the LoL community sucks, then I wouldn't play ANYTHING that somewhat resembles DotA.
Old 07-19-2011, 08:18 AM   #868
Reach
FFR Simfile Author
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Reach Send a message via MSN to Reach

Quote:
I'm only level 8, and have only played 2 PvPs, but I definitely know what you mean already. People are really mean in this game, often unprovoked or for no reason whatsoever.

I don't think I'm going to be playing this game very competitively. I like it very much in concept, but the community paired with the incredible length of games means I have nowhere near the patience or desire to go nuts with this game. I'll probably play casually with friends and leave it at that.

I'd turn the chat off entirely if it wasn't for the fact that sometimes people actually say something useful, combined with the fact you...probably can't do that >_>

Anyway, the build I've been using with Ashe right now is: Boots of Speed -> BF Sword -> Infinity Edge -> Berzerker's -> Last Whisper -> Zeal (Into Phantom Dancer) -> Bloodthirster. Banshee's Veil if I need it, otherwise Bloodrazor.

Seems to work well. Only hurdle is laning well early on to get the Infinity edge quickly, since once I have it things go uphill really quickly. I ended up with like 50 kills vs intermediate bots >_> got a 5x kill haha since the DPS gets crazy after Phantom Dancer, pretty much tank the bots 1v5 as long as you don't get caught with slows or stuns.

But yeah, PvP is a little trickier since this build is really gold dependent early on and if you fall behind it gets rough fast.

Any tips would be nice though.

Also, I ****ing hate last hitting minions. What a gay game mechanic. God damn, it's not a big deal if you're soloing or later on when you can nearly 1 hit minions, but early on with someone else in your lane it's like a giant dick slapping contest. Most irritating shit ever. I'm running this game on a beast rig, so I get max FPS, but on a weaker computer like my girlfriends it's completely unplayable because of this.

Last edited by Reach; 07-19-2011 at 08:32 AM..
Old 07-19-2011, 08:35 AM   #869
Coolboyrulez0
VICES
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Holy shit do I agree about the PvP experience in this game.

I dont even play this game anymore unless it is with 2-4 friends.

LoL PvP: Hands down, one of the worst melting pots of idiots on the internet. "Trolls", Morons and Leavers AHOY!
Old 07-19-2011, 08:58 AM   #870
All_That_Chaz
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reach View Post
I'm only level 8, and have only played 2 PvPs, but I definitely know what you mean already. People are really mean in this game, often unprovoked or for no reason whatsoever.

I don't think I'm going to be playing this game very competitively. I like it very much in concept, but the community paired with the incredible length of games means I have nowhere near the patience or desire to go nuts with this game. I'll probably play casually with friends and leave it at that.

I'd turn the chat off entirely if it wasn't for the fact that sometimes people actually say something useful, combined with the fact you...probably can't do that >_>
The straw that broke the camels back was that I was playing on a smurf account so I could learn to pvp against people closer to my skill level (I got to lvl20 on my main without doing pvp at all) and other smurfs were tearing these newbies apart in the chatbox, usually completely unprovoked. This game lasted about 45 minutes.

And no, you can't turn off the chatbox. Dear lord I wish there was an option to close it. I was looking for one within ten minutes of my first game.

Quote:
Anyway, the build I've been using with Ashe right now is: Boots of Speed -> BF Sword -> Infinity Edge -> Berzerker's -> Last Whisper -> Zeal (Into Phantom Dancer) -> Bloodthirster. Banshee's Veil if I need it, otherwise Bloodrazor.

Seems to work well. Only hurdle is laning well early on to get the Infinity edge quickly, since once I have it things go uphill really quickly. I ended up with like 50 kills vs intermediate bots >_> got a 5x kill haha since the DPS gets crazy after Phantom Dancer, pretty much tank the bots 1v5 as long as you don't get caught with slows or stuns.

But yeah, PvP is a little trickier since this build is really gold dependent early on and if you fall behind it gets rough fast.

Any tips would be nice though.
I have to think that the second pair of boots is unnecessary and you should put that money towards the rest of your build. I always went Boots of speed/Infinitedge/Phantom Dancer/Bloodthirst/Phantom Dancer/Banshee's Veil if needed, if not then whatever.

Quote:
Also, I ****ing hate last hitting minions. What a gay game mechanic. God damn, it's not a big deal if you're soloing or later on when you can nearly 1 hit minions, but early on with someone else in your lane it's like a giant dick slapping contest. Most irritating shit ever. I'm running this game on a beast rig, so I get max FPS, but on a weaker computer like my girlfriends it's completely unplayable because of this.
Amen. That's another thing I can't stand about this game. I've had games where I didn't get a minion kill for 10 minutes because my laning partner was a dick.
dammit chaz
Quote:
god dammit chaz
Quote:
Old 07-19-2011, 09:17 AM   #871
-paexaea-
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Solution: Play more and practice.
Old 07-19-2011, 09:17 AM   #872
Reach
FFR Simfile Author

I just used Rumble for the first time ever and holy shit this guy must be the most annoying champion in the universe to lane against, or lane with...

His fire spell...lmao. The fact that you can cast this infinitely and it has such a short cool down is pretty sick. Not to mention his ultimate can pick off pretty much whoever.

Guy is SICK.

Edit: Twisted fate is sick too. God damn.

Last edited by Reach; 07-19-2011 at 10:04 AM..
Old 07-19-2011, 09:18 AM   #873
Coolboyrulez0
VICES
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

or whomever damages a minion the most (50%+1) receives the gold a la MMOs

regardless, you get used to last hitting pretty soon even though it is a mechanic that could be refined
Old 07-19-2011, 09:20 AM   #874
ELRayford
Custom User Title
FFR Veteran

Just group with people you know. If you don't know that many people make some LoL friends. Every community has its DB's. Every community also has friendly players. Most of the time the douchbags are made bro. That or they get mad cause you suck and can't devote 90% of your life to this game. Happens in all competitive online games that play in this manner.

My advice is a little "deal with it" and a lot of "don't feed the trolls"

I played a premade with hurleyisgod and a few others (all from FFR) and we had fun. Just add as many people that are friendly as you can you will be fine :3
Old 07-19-2011, 09:58 AM   #875
All_That_Chaz
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by -paexaea- View Post
Solution: Uninstall game and have sex with girls.
Fixed.
dammit chaz
Quote:
god dammit chaz
Quote:
Old 07-19-2011, 10:15 AM   #876
stargroup100
behanjc & me are <3'ers
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music Producer

I think the last hitting mechanic isn't very fun, but it's the only way I can think of that adds a component of skill to the game. The game degenerates really hard if you don't have something similar.

Yo Reach, for your Ashe build, try starting with Doran's Blade instead of boots. You'll find that your early game is much much stronger. Also, you should try and at least grab a Zeal, if not a Phantom Dancer, right after Infinity Edge. It not only gives you more survivability, but I'm not sure you can do the math and figure out that it gives you more of a boost in power than getting Last Whisper next.

Rumble is indeed crazy. He was banned the most back during the Dreamhack tournament and anytime he was picked that team won. They nerfed him slightly since then but I think he's still as insane as ever.

As for the community, it's really not that bad. You get a bunch of jerks occasionally, but you remember them and not the good players on your team because a single rotten apple spoils the barrel. Just ignore them and play how you normally would, you get used to it. Part of the experience that makes PvP great is that you can feel amazing after a well-played game but extremely frustrated after a bad game. PvP is absolutely essential to the game though. Without PvP, the game is basically Halo's campaign mode, Super Smash Brothers story mode, or a single-player flash game. If you thought LoL was bad, never touch HoN.

Piano Etude Demon Fire sheet music
Old 07-19-2011, 12:44 PM   #877
phe0nixblade
Praise the sun mofo
FFR Veteran

Chaz, there's no chat closing button but there is a /ignoreall button.
Reach, rumble is retarded OP and there's no way around it right now.
Also TF is a top ban in High Elo because late game with his ult and a shit ton of AP he's an unstoppable backdooring champion.
Old 07-19-2011, 01:54 PM   #878
Reach
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by phe0nixblade View Post
Chaz, there's no chat closing button but there is a /ignoreall button.
Reach, rumble is retarded OP and there's no way around it right now.
Also TF is a top ban in High Elo because late game with his ult and a shit ton of AP he's an unstoppable backdooring champion.
TF seems like he would be pretty lame in high ELO games because of his ultimate and his gold card. I mean, all of his cards are good but the stun and damage on gold is kind of retarded and in combination with his ultimate you can snipe any stragglers and immediately be in good position in any fight.

Do people usually do AP builds with TF though? Is there a difference between going AP and going AD? It seems like he could do both so I'm really confused as to what items to purchase with him.

As for Rumble, maxing his flame as fast as possible seems best, followed by his stun, though a level in his defensive definitely helps. He seems particularly annoying because his laning is amazing (Uh yeah the 'skill' argument for last killed minions is definitely not a factor when playing rumble, more like QQQQQQ) in combination with the fact that he's kind of a tank+DPS lol

Quote:
try starting with Doran's Blade instead of boots
I see the benefit of getting Zeal/Phantom before going Whisper (which you most definitely want eventually), but in an ideal situation wouldn't you rather skip DB? The faster you get IE the stronger Ashe ends up being, though I definitely see the benefit of getting DB since laning with Ashe can be hard before IE.

I'm guessing it's probably lane specific.

Last edited by Reach; 07-19-2011 at 02:05 PM..
Old 07-19-2011, 02:20 PM   #879
unkanown444
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

no, getting one, two, or even three DB's early game with ashe gives you an insane lane presence and ability to gank/out DPS the person you are laning against. The goal early with ashe isn't as much to out farm the guy you are laning against as much as it is to get the one early kill so you can get a quicker bf sword(though this is really dependent on how competent your teammates are). Also once you learn to position yourself correctly with ashe I find Berseker's Greaves to be a much better item on her.

Also if you're having trouble getting the gold you need early game level up your e a bit more early on, the extra gold is huge.
Old 07-19-2011, 02:35 PM   #880
macgravel
Resident Poopbutt
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

I don't seem to have that problem. I've played quite a few PVP matches and I've only come across a few babies that whine when something doesn't go their way, and all I do is laugh at them, tell them it's just a game and to chill out. If they don't, I don't pay attention to them. I've met a bunch of really cool dudes already, even when they were on the other team! We laughed and had a lot of fun.

Unfortunately, the last hitting minions thing really does suck. Especially when you're playing a character that does very little damage from auto-attacks. Minions usually get the last hit. And if you're laning with a partnet that has a strong auto-attack? Yeah, your gold pile is bone dry.
Closed Thread