Old 12-19-2020, 09:21 PM   #21
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: FFR Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by sff_writer_dan View Post
Here's a thing. Cammy said

which you interpreted as meaning "shut the fuck up" instead of...what the words say which is that if you don't have helpful advice to post in response to somebody's request for advice, just don't post.

And then replied with actually telling them to shut the fuck up.

The distinction here I hope is obvious?
Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
The second line, is telling me to "shut the fuck up" without saying it literally.
See: the bolded part.
Old 12-19-2020, 09:24 PM   #22
ilikexd
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
I am going to, for the sake of argument, quote my post verbatum:

verbatum lmao

Last edited by ilikexd; 12-19-2020 at 09:50 PM..
Old 12-19-2020, 09:30 PM   #23
.Gazelle.
Mr. Skeltal
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

bruh

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeKrispyKreme View Post
Rap music is music. However, It's not in the traditional sense of how we understand music. The vocals are filled with slangs that gangs used since the 70s and a lot of the instrumentations are replaced with "Street Sounds" instead of traditional instruments. Music is defined as any combination of sounds that is pleasing to the ear, so while one person may find it as "noise" another person can find it pleasing to the ear and so call "vibe" with it as how I think the kids would say it these days.
Old 12-19-2020, 09:40 PM   #24
sff_writer_dan
FFR Player

Quote:
See: the bolded part.
Yes, you read it in bad faith to justify responding aggressively by deciding Cammy was being aggressive. I saw the bolded part.
Old 12-19-2020, 09:41 PM   #25
VisD
FFR Simfile Author
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Last edited by VisD; 12-19-2020 at 09:42 PM..
Old 12-19-2020, 09:47 PM   #26
choof
Banned
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Old 12-19-2020, 09:55 PM   #27
CammyGoesRawr
nocturnal girl (〜✘﹏✘)〜
FFR Veteran

If you want to interpret my words as a simple "shut the fuck up", I won't stop you and even if I wanted to, I know I can't. But it's not hard to not blow my words out of proportion (something you seem to be good at).

A new member of the community wanted advice about a game they wanted to play, and your only response to a genuine request for help was basically "don't play the game". All I intended to address was how it seems unnecessary to have your only advice be in a way that prevents someone from exploring another avenue of a hobby that we all share, to be honest.

I'm aware that my words also didn't meet the needs of the OP, but "shut the fuck up" doesn't exactly compare to me expressing why your suggestion didn't need to be made in the first place. That's all. I hope that clears at least one thing up.

Old 12-19-2020, 10:09 PM   #28
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sff_writer_dan View Post
Yes, you read it in bad faith to justify responding aggressively by deciding Cammy was being aggressive. I saw the bolded part.
The sentences have the same intention: to tell someone to stop talking, how you word that is completely arbitrary. I feel my interpretation is fair, based on the context of the rest of the post, which is why I bothered to go line by line. Particularly her third sentence about what I said "grinding her gears." I don't think you're on the right track there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CammyGoesRawr View Post
All I intended to address was how it seems unnecessary to have your only advice be in a way that prevents someone from exploring another avenue of a hobby that we all share, to be honest.

I'm aware that my words also didn't meet the needs of the OP, but "shut the fuck up" doesn't exactly compare to me expressing why your suggestion didn't need to be made in the first place. That's all. I hope that clears at least one thing up.
Your intentions don't matter, and I intentionally left them out. I can't read into your heart, I'm not going to claim I can. The post is made strictly out of my interpretation, based on other sects of the post, which is why I said it as "let's go over what this post does" rather than speculations on your intentions.

The mod had to interpret my post in the worst light to deem it banworthy - and I even covered that. Not that I think that's the correct reason. It was a post that maybe should have just been a delete & PM.

If it makes you feel any better, other than what I said about your post being needless and preachy, I don't have beef with you. I said what I wanted to already there. If you wanna walk away with that, agree or disagree, that's fine.
Old 12-19-2020, 10:14 PM   #29
bmah
shots FIRED
Global Moderator, User Support, Judge
Global ModeratorFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Why couldn't you have taken this conversation to PM? It hardly is relevant to the rest of the community.

edit: and no, you didn't "win" - you simply need to find something else to do in your life

Last edited by bmah; 12-19-2020 at 10:27 PM..
Closed Thread