Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Video Games

Old 06-26-2015, 04:13 PM   #41
Toxophilis
( ◜◡^)っ✂╰⋃╯
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Intoxicated Gaming or How I Stop Discriminating and Learned to Love FFXIV

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodest...acter/8717138/

c:
Toxophilis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 01:39 AM   #42
Chocille
FFR Player

Default Re: Intoxicated Gaming or How I Stop Discriminating and Learned to Love FFXIV

dam
i guess ill showcase mine too

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodest...acter/9759288/
Chocille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 02:35 AM   #43
hi19hi19
lol happy
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

If I, hypothetically, were to play this game, is there like some FFR guild thing I could join?
I'm long past doing progression raiding in MMOs with strangers but if there were a group of chill people I knew then I would consider...

Last edited by hi19hi19; 06-28-2015 at 02:35 AM..
hi19hi19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 04:35 AM   #44
Chocille
FFR Player

illl be honest
this site is too lame to have a free company (guild) of its own
you'd be better off joining a random progression FC

though i'd say youre too late if youre looking for progression..
you'd need multiple classes to specific levels + progress through the whole story before doing anything raid-wise
Old 06-29-2015, 09:15 AM   #45
Izzy
Snek
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Almost to level 50. Can't wait for the drastic exp requirement increase.

I wonder if I should stop there and try and put together some kind of level 50 gear for leveling or if I should just keep going with the story and get level 50+ greens.

Last edited by Izzy; 06-29-2015 at 09:31 AM..
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 01:10 AM   #46
darklordsarumon9
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to darklordsarumon9 Send a message via Skype™ to darklordsarumon9

Keep going with whatever gear you have. The stuff you get from early missions is 115 or 125. The missions are mostly talk to this guy, go back here, talk again then have this reward. If I remember correctly theres also a place you can just buy i90 or 100 gear with gil. Not sure though.

My question pertains to Poetics. Im maxed and dunno what to spend them on. Bought the pets and like ten of the mists for whenever I get around to doing more relics. Is there like, anything else to really spend them on? Someone mentioned buying mats for crafting but that doesn't seem to be an option anywhere I look.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cetaka View Post
whats namine like in person
darklordsarumon9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-1-2015, 09:52 AM   #47
Izzy
Snek

Just hit level 50. Spent about 100k on upgrading most of my gear to level 50 heavensward gear. I think it is like i90 gear, but I don't even know where to check that. All I know is when I sync my set it says (*86).

Went back and cleaned up some hunting log stuff and exploration and I was just wrecking all non expansion mobs and soloing fates like it was nothing.

Also I actually look like a ninja now, although I'd prefer to look like a rogue / thief, but whatever.
Old 07-6-2015, 04:24 PM   #48
darklordsarumon9
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to darklordsarumon9 Send a message via Skype™ to darklordsarumon9

"Yay level 30 ARC time to get my gem and become a healer boy"

THIS QUEST REQUIRES CNJ LEVEL 15

"God damn it I just wanted this done before work"

And they pushed back maintenance from yesterday to tonight, ofc Monday nights are when I can game the hardest zzz
Quote:
Old 07-6-2015, 04:27 PM   #49
darklordsarumon9
FFR Player

Double post, double prizes.

I've actually been noticing how many streamers are playing FFXIV now. Was watching imaqtpie do some leves while in queue for ranked. There was someone else too but can't remember exactly. Just interested in if they actually played for a bit or just came around for Heavensward.
Quote:
Old 07-6-2015, 05:00 PM   #50
Coolboyrulez0
VICES
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

A L E X A N D E R tomorrow H Y P E

TheOddOne played some FFXIV for 5k or so viewers

Last edited by Coolboyrulez0; 07-6-2015 at 05:01 PM..
Coolboyrulez0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-6-2015, 05:52 PM   #51
Izzy
Snek

Halfway to 57. It's starting to really slow down. If only I wasn't forced to waste 12 hours at level 50 doing story quests for no exp.
Old 07-7-2015, 12:55 PM   #52
darklordsarumon9
FFR Player

As it turns out I really like CNJ.
Quote:
Old 07-7-2015, 04:33 PM   #53
Chocille
FFR Player

I'm on Alexander - The Burden of the Father (turn 4)

really good stuff
but it's pretty easy so far
Old 07-7-2015, 04:46 PM   #54
darklordsarumon9
FFR Player

Good luck :3

Going through my quests and omg I never did Golden Saucer stuff. First Mini Cactpot...10k.
Quote:
Old 07-7-2015, 10:54 PM   #55
darklordsarumon9
FFR Player

Churning Mist Moogles you're getting on my fucking nerves.
FIND MY FRIENDS!
GET THESE NESTS!
KILL THESE GUYS!

Large objective area. Everything hidden. 5 things to interact with. Fuck everything.
Quote:
Old 07-8-2015, 03:34 AM   #56
Tibs
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to Tibs

Churning Mists is fucking awful. I started skipping sidequest dialogue in that area because it was pointless. "I hid some basketses but I forgot where I put them WHOOPS go find them tricksy hobbitses."

Sea of Clouds is a little better, Hinterlands is pretty awful, and the last area is faaaaaaar better pace-wise. Also be prepared to walk into a few brick walls where the MSQ requires a higher level and there's no quests left so you're forced to dungeon.

Alexander is fun. Beat the first 3 with a single DF group each. Working on Burden of the Father which is a little more challenging.

I wouldn't say it's easy. If you're used to coil, then yeah, by comparison it's peanuts, but it's meant to be a stepping stone between casual content and the Savage version (which is going to be the real endgame raid) and IMO it's exactly where it needs to be as far as difficulty goes.

Last edited by Tibs; 07-8-2015 at 03:36 AM..
Tibs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-8-2015, 05:03 AM   #57
Coolboyrulez0
VICES

Alexander Boss Music is simultaneously the best / worst thing to ever happen.
Old 07-8-2015, 05:48 AM   #58
Tibs
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to Tibs

unts unts unts
Tibs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-8-2015, 11:03 AM   #59
Izzy
Snek

I'd like to see mmorpg pve content be so hard and random that it is impossible to remember what is going to happen so you actually need to react to everything at all times.

As it is you will inevitably learn each part of any boss just by doing it enough times regardless of its difficulty. From there the only other factor is your gear and then you just win. Games "can" be hard obviously if you look at something like touhou where you can't just memorize every bullet. I want to see something insane implemented to where pve becomes a skill based game.

I haven't tried it yet, but I hope pvp isn't a disappointment or else I'm not sure if I will continue playing.

Last edited by Izzy; 07-8-2015 at 11:03 AM..
Old 07-8-2015, 04:55 PM   #60
Coolboyrulez0
VICES

pve is the games selling point along with story i would say

pvp is trash

guess that means bye lol

also you arent even cap yet, havent done coil (much less the unnerfed and unechoed version) so i dont get your point

in other news, got 3/4 alexander drops that i wanted for the first week!

Last edited by Coolboyrulez0; 07-8-2015 at 05:01 PM..