Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR Events > Tournaments
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 02-5-2008, 09:27 PM   #1
QuadDamage
Banned

Default Omnipwn Tournament: Dual Core (100,000 Credit + Cobalt Flux Grand prize)

Grand Prize: 100,000 Credits + Cobalt Flux

Second Place Prize: 80,000 Credits
Third Place Prize: 60,000 Credits
Fourth Place Prize: 40,000 Credits
Fifth Place Prize: 20,000 Credits

There are no signups. Anyone can join at any time -- just start from Round 1 and work your way up...

ROUND 6
The World's Hardest Game
Can you handle the world's hardest?
Objective: Beat the game. You will be scored on # of deaths. You will probably have to play the game multiple times to lower your deathcount once you figure out a good strategy for each level. Good luck!
Mental Bonus (500 points):
There are three demons, Mis, Turr, and Rubix. One of them always tells the truth, one always responds with a lie, and one responds randomly (that is, can be either true or false). You can ask three yes-no questions, one to each demon. The demons understand your language, but will respond in their own language with the phrases "lol" and "lmao" (you do not initially know which means yes and which means no). Determine which demon speaks truthfully, which one speaks falsely, and which one speaks randomly.

Metro Siberia
How good are you with a spacebar?
Objective: Go for the highest score that you can.
Board Dots
GAME BONUS
Game Bonus (400 points): Beat every level
Mental Bonus Gauntlet: LOGIC ATTACK: (100, 200, 400 pts):
1. Let's play a game together. We're going take turns calling out integers. The rules are as follows: Whoever goes first must call a number between 1 and 10 inclusive, and in general, a new number called out has to exceed the other player's called-out number by at least 1 and no more than 10. The first person to call out the number 102 is the winner. However, there is one advantage: You get to decide which of us goes first. What is your strategy?
2. There is a prison with 100 prisoners, all labeled from 1-100. The guards decide to cut the prisoners a deal. Each prisoner is outfitted with a hat. The hats are either blue or green in color. A prisoner cannot see their own hat. The guards plan to bring the prisoners outside, where they will be able to guess the color of their hat. If they guess correctly, they are freed and released immediately from the courtyard. If not, they are shot on sight. However, the prisoners are allowed to discuss a strategy amongst themselves before they are all brought out to the central courtyard. At this point, nobody knows the color of their own hat (but can see everyone else's). All the prisoners are allowed to do at this point is say either "Blue" or "Green" at any time. What kind of strategy can the prisoners use to ENSURE that at least 99 prisoners are freed? An extra 50 bonus points if you can give me a strategy that ensures 100% survival.
3. You're a warrior standing on top of a circular platform of radius R resting in a vast body of water. You are currently standing on the middle of this platform. You can run at speed v. There is a creature outside this platform that can move with speed 4v. Luckily, the platform is enchanted and doesn't allow anyone other than you to be on/over it, which means the creature can't come over the platform to get you. However, the creature will always move such that he minimizes his distance between himself and you. Assume once you reach the water by leaving the platform, you will be able to swim away safely. But if you leave the platform when the creature is there, you will be eaten. What is your strategy of survival?

brickDrop
From one axis to the next, may you jump to the occasion...
Objective: Go for the highest score that you can.
Game Bonus (50 pts): Take an in-game screenshot at Level 20 or higher with full health.
Mental Bonus Gauntlet: STAT ATTACK: (100, 100, 300 pts):
1. Mr. LOL and Mr. ROFL are playing a game. They are playing a game of Rock-Paper-Scissors, where each player chooses any of the three strategies with equal probabilities. If both players play Rock, Mr. LOL wins three dollars. If both players play Paper, then Mr. LOL wins one dollar. If Mr. LOL plays Rock and Mr. ROFL plays Paper (or vice-versa), then Mr. ROFL wins two dollars. Assume you are slightly risk-averse. Is it better to play as Mr. LOL or Mr. ROFL?
2. You've been convicted of a crime: You worked for a firm and screwed up a risk-analysis report due to some faulty statistics, and many people lost money -- enough to justify death! As executioner, I drag you into my chambers, but determine that it is impossible to accurately judge your innocence or guilt. Therefore, I leave your fate up to you in a statistics challenge. If you are truly bad with statistics, then you will probably die and therefore such an outcome was likely appropriate. If you survive, then perhaps you were indeed misjudged. So, I offer you two hats, 56 black jewels, and 53 blue jewels. You can place however many/whichever jewels you'd like into either hat, but you must use all the jewels. Then I will blindfold you and randomly move around the hats so you do not know which hat is which. Then, you are allowed to select one jewel from one hat. If it's black, I will kill you. If it's blue, then you will be set free. How do you place your jewels to maximize your chance of survival? What is the probability of survival under such a condition?
3. Assume you are on an infinitely long road (running east to west) alongside an infinitely long chain of stores. You can only make three decisions: Move east one store, move west one store, or stay put. A decision counts as one move. You never stop making decisions, and decisions are made randomly (each is equally likely). What is the probability that the third time you choose to move west is your 10th move?

The Art of Avoidance...
Missile Game 3D
Objective: Guide your missile through as many levels as you can (Full Credit = 9 Levels)
The Durability of Defense...
Onslaught 2.1
Objective: Attempt to unlock Sandbox Mode by getting 4000 kills on Medium Mode, Classic Map (Full Credit = 4000 kills)
The Obstacles of Oversight...
Bubble Trouble
Objective: Beat as many levels as possible (Full Credit = 22 Levels)
The Severity of Survival...
Grid16
Objective: Survive for as long as you can (Full Credit = Longest Time Achieved)

The theme behind this round is Desperation. You will find yourself in situations where you must micromanage effectively to come out on top. As constraints crunch to their tightest, and speeds skyrocket to their maximums, and relative resources dwindle, you will find yourself scrambling for whatever breaks you can get. He who is most desperate will gain the most... but at what cost? Each game will be weighted 25%, that is, with a maximum Omniscore of 250 points each. However, the twist is that the Grid game will be graded on a sort of curve. That is, the Full Credit mark will be set equal to the highest score achieved among the players. As a side note, I recommend that you check out this guide here before you tackle Onslaught 2.1, because knowing how to create combos and modifications is very useful!
Mental Bonus (200 pts): You have hired someone to clean your house. Strangely enough, the worker demands his payments in chocolate cake, and demands exactly 280 cubic inches of cake at the end of each day, which he keeps with him at all times. He has also chosen not to actually eat any of the cake until you can no longer pay him. You also cannot pay him for labor he has not yet worked. Luckily enough, you have exactly one circular chocolate cake with a radius of 14 inches and a height of 10/pi inches. You also possess a knife, but it's rather flimsy and capable of only making three straight, vertical cuts (the cuts can be made anywhere on the cake and don't have to go all the way across the cake, either). Assume you are capable of perfect cutting (that is, if you wanted to divide the cake in EXACTLY half with a cut, you'd be able to do so with 100% certainty). Also assume the worker has no way of cutting any cake you give him. Trading is acceptable. You must also, eventually, give the worker all your cake for his labor (meaning you cannot have any cake thrown away). How would you place your cuts and how would you go about fairly paying your worker (as long as your worker leaves your house at the end of the day with his correct payment, it is acceptable)? Even if you cannot answer this question, tell me the number of days the worker will be working for you and why for 50 points.

Musik Marathon
Let the music save your mortal soul... or will it instead end your existence?
Objective: Go for the highest score that you can. A score of 300,000 or higher will be counted as a full completion for this round.
Game Bonus (50 pts): Take an in-game screenshot when you have a combo of 100 or greater.
Mental Bonus (100 pts): There is a room with 100 women, labeled from 1-100. They are all initially unaroused. A Playa can use his charm on a woman to arouse her, but if she's already aroused when a Playa uses his charm, she will lose the lust and become unaroused again. Playa #1 enters the room and uses his charm on every woman, then Playa #2 comes in and uses his charm on every second woman, then Playa #3 uses his charm on every third woman, and the pattern continues until 100 Playas have passed through. How many women are aroused after all 100 Playas have finished their wooing, and which ones are they? PM me the answer.

Planet Crusher
Harness the power of Gaia and beyond... obliterate everything...
Objective: Get the highest score that you can.
Mental Bonus (50 pts): There is a sun that has a volume equal to 500 Earths called a Whiteflare. There is one ship, the Creator, that possess a special fusion engine that can generate a Whiteflare at a consistent rate in 20 minutes. However, there is another ship, the Destroyer, that has a fission engine that can shrink a Whiteflare into nothingness at a consistent rate in 30 minutes. The Destroyer notices the Creator has chosen a spot to generate a Whiteflare and wishes to stall him. If both ships activate their engines at the same time, how long will it take until the Whiteflare forms? PM me the answer.

OVERALL RANKINGS
Code:

Name				Rank	Cumulative Omniscore	Rounds Submitted
MystictheHedgehog   		1	2190			1 2 
jonathanasdf        		2	2180			1 2 
l Endorphin l       		3	2123			1 2 
f lee               		4	2073			1 2 
dabigpig            		5	2063			1 2 
dooey100            		6	2057			1 2 
Emu Hater           		7	2011			1 2 
flipsta_lombax      		8	1874			1 2 
rsr2                		9	1859			1 2 
rushyrulz           		10	1809			1 2 
mike2727            		11	1720			1 2 
Tasselfoot          		12	1200			1 2 
shrapnel2038        		13	1150			2 
blahblah18          		14	1100			1 2 
smartdude1212       		15	1001			1 
EnR                 		16	932			1 
gnr61               		17	895			1 
sk8mastr            		18	886			1 
dood gone krazee    		19	878			1 
Bangcrashboom       		20	869			1 2 
KilikOdagawa        		21	860			1 
Paroxysmic          		22	150			1 2 
aTzUeLo1191         		23	50			1 
thunderstrike687    		23	50			1 
emerald000          		23	50			1 
awein999            		23	50			1

Round 1 Data
Round 2 Data

Greetings again, fellow Flash Flash Revolution enthusiasts. I've since retired from FFR, but with the removal of avmisses, I just had to check it out. However, I'd like to kick-start the next installment of the Omnipwn series. The first Omnipwn tournament was extremely successful. After having run such a tournament, I have a better idea as to what people can accomplish and what can be improved from past experiences.

And thus, without further ado, I present to you the Omnipwn Tournament: Dual Core.

This style of tournament is different from other FFR Tournaments in the sense that it does not revolve around FFR. I will put up a challenge, and then assign points based on critiera I shall describe in each round. Each round has a maximum of 1000 points (and each rank's point value decreases by 99% each), plus any game bonuses I include. Each round will also have a mental challenge bonus -- you should PM your answers to me. If you find, during the score update, that you received a 0 for the mental bonus, it's because you answered incorrectly. The challenges will revolve around other Flash games, so no FFR skills are needed here. Again this is NOT an FFR-based tournament.

Furthermore, there are no eliminations in this game. Nor are rounds ever over, so missing a round is okay because you can do it later. If you want the prizes badly enough, you should be constantly involved. What determines your overall rank in the tournament is your rank in each round, and therefore your overall point accumulation. You have to be among the most skilled and diversified players to survive this tournament.

Method of submission:
Just place a screenshot of your achievement in this thread (not a link to the screenshot because I will probably overlook it). Do not bother cheating -- submissions are inspected carefully, and if you cheat, you will most likely be caught. I will randomly ask certain people for verifications, so again, don't bother cheating.

Scores will only be updated when a new round is posted.

There are no signups. You can simply jump in and start submitting whenever you see a round you'd like to participate in! You can always improve upon your old scores and keep resubmitting as much as you'd like -- so feel free to come back to something later. I'd highly advise that you stick with the tournament the whole way through for maximum point gain.

The first round begins February 8th. There will be 15-20 rounds in total (haven't decided yet), and each round will be a few days long (I can't give you a definite time window but it should be enough for everyone to participate). Even if you don't want a Cobalt Flux, consider that it's hardly been used. As a college student, I haven't gotten much use out of it. You could easily sell it for a few hundred dollars. So even if you don't want the pad, think of it as a rather large monetary prize (one pad costs $300). If you win the pad, the only thing you have to do is pay for shipping/box costs (I'm giving away the pad after all). Visit http://www.cobaltflux.com/ for more information about the pad itself. I reserve the right to deny sending the pad if I either find that it is too costly to do so or if I find that the winner was being dishonest, or if I find that it is going to be too inconvenient.

Let the pwning begin!

Last edited by QuadDamage; 03-23-2008 at 05:08 PM..
Old 02-5-2008, 09:30 PM   #2
Sir_Thomas
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Omnipwn Tournament: Dual Core (100,000 Credit + Cobalt Flux Grand prize)

Whoa, Cobalt Flux. Too bad I stand no chance.

Also.. first.

Hai Rubix, come to animarathon.
Old 02-5-2008, 09:30 PM   #3
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Omnipwn Tournament: Dual Core (100,000 Credit + Cobalt Flux Grand prize)

If this is Rubix, then I'm joining.

Made by arrekusuof93 at Ye Olde Photoshop Shoppe
Old 02-5-2008, 09:32 PM   #4
devonin
Very Grave Indeed
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin

It 100% is, and I'm in as well.
Old 02-5-2008, 09:33 PM   #5
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS

Send a message via AIM to Tasselfoot Send a message via MSN to Tasselfoot Send a message via Skype™ to Tasselfoot

time to defend my title. pity i'll be in vegas on the 8th. not that there are any speed rounds, so it doesn't matter.
Old 02-5-2008, 09:34 PM   #6
eVo_CaNtToUcH
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to eVo_CaNtToUcH Send a message via MSN to eVo_CaNtToUcH Send a message via Yahoo to eVo_CaNtToUcH

Count me In.
75 skill/token AAA's
Old 02-5-2008, 09:35 PM   #7
thunderstrike687
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to thunderstrike687

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09876 View Post
If this is Rubix, then I'm joining.
it definitely is, and im in for sure. I need a second cobalt flux.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamaja456 View Post
yea, this subscription giveaway is more fun than watching two lesbians engage in foreplay
Quote:
Originally Posted by twiggy_2004
i love a food
Old 02-5-2008, 09:35 PM   #8
EnR
Massive flaming dildos.
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to EnR Send a message via MSN to EnR

OMFG, I wanna join, I'll never win. But whatever, sign me up anyway. Good to see you again Rubix
Old 02-5-2008, 09:40 PM   #9
dabigpig
FFR Player

In. No FFR=higher chance of me winning

AAAs: 7
Best AAA: Dance 2 This
FCs: 88
Best FC: Eternal Nightmare(Heavy), Start Something
EnR'z Super Duper PA Tourney Extravaganza: Beginner 3rd Place
(First in the puzzle rounds)
Old 02-5-2008, 09:42 PM   #10
MyRoseTearsBlood
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to MyRoseTearsBlood Send a message via Yahoo to MyRoseTearsBlood

In.
Old 02-5-2008, 09:43 PM   #11
l Endorphin l
Maybe

Guess i'm in.
Old 02-5-2008, 10:08 PM   #12
Fantasticone
D7 Elite Keymasher
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

In.
Old 02-5-2008, 10:14 PM   #13
gnr61
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to gnr61

lol knew that was you after your avmiss essay :P

ps IN
cobalt flux
Old 02-5-2008, 10:49 PM   #14
ledwix
Giant Pi Operator

Send a message via AIM to ledwix Send a message via Yahoo to ledwix

I guess I'll play. That Cobalt Flux got my attention.
Old 02-5-2008, 10:50 PM   #15
llama499
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to llama499 Send a message via MSN to llama499 Send a message via Yahoo to llama499

Haha I knew it was you rubuix from tass's tournament I will give it a try
Originally Posted by Adamaja456 View Post
hehe good thing your not in my division so i dont have to worry about you.
Old 02-5-2008, 10:57 PM   #16
Turboyoshi
What is this i don't even
FFR Veteran

Definitely In!
Old 02-5-2008, 10:59 PM   #17
EDEdDNEdDYFaN
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to EDEdDNEdDYFaN

Definitely in...sad I never entered the first one.

Old 02-5-2008, 10:59 PM   #18
da_headhunter
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

in!!! yay for this finally starting!

WAIT QUAD IS RUBIX!!! LOL. So all this time I have been battling with rubix. Now I definitely need to beat your flux score. No wonder you were so leet at it.
Old 02-5-2008, 11:13 PM   #19
gnr61
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to gnr61

lol theres no signups but we all jump anyway

chillllll
Old 02-5-2008, 11:17 PM   #20
MilkChan
Banned
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to MilkChan Send a message via MSN to MilkChan Send a message via Yahoo to MilkChan

I'm in.
Closed Thread