Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Video Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2008, 03:45 PM   #1221
l2awr
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to l2awr Send a message via MSN to l2awr Send a message via Yahoo to l2awr
Default Re: Brawl Friend Codes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by korny View Post
the champ has been brawling again for those of you who'd like to be victims to my awesomeness. best way to contact me is thru aim=diiippp
lol champ start playing real competitive smash ;] I'm sure I'll be going to Texas sometime next year for a national Smash tournament. Let's hope Texas holds one. I'll hit you up if that ever happens.
l2awr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 11:08 AM   #1222
korny
It's Saint Pepsi bitch
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to korny

Started playing? I've been a competitive smash player before you knew what competitive smash was with one of the best falcos in the nation. Afro, I in know way felt threatened enough to unleash beast mode on you where i'm actually watching where i'm spacing my character, something i definitely did not do playing you. I mainly play as D3 anyway.
korny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 11:32 AM   #1223
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean

Quote:
Started playing? I've been a competitive smash player before you knew what competitive smash was with one of the best falcos in the nation. Afro, I in know way felt threatened enough to unleash beast mode on you where i'm actually watching where i'm spacing my character, something i definitely did not do playing you. I mainly play as D3 anyway.
Yeah, Dedede can be cheap as **** if you play him right. I could tell you knew how to do it but you obviously weren't doing all you could with cheap ****. I bet you could have chained me from side to side and back again if you wanted and I wouldn't have been able to do a damn thing about it. Then again, Pikachu is gay for that ****, so ironically, I'd probably fair better with any other character.
Old 11-24-2008, 12:39 PM   #1224
korny
It's Saint Pepsi bitch
FFR Veteran

Cheap because you lack the skill to avoid it. Nothing in this game is cheap when you've gotten good enough to avoid what others think is unavoidable. For example, try playing a diddy who uses glide tossing mixed in with an amazing banana game. In your eyes cheap because your helpless to the relentless barrage of grabbing, slipping, combos etc.

Last edited by korny; 11-24-2008 at 12:53 PM..
Old 11-24-2008, 12:43 PM   #1225
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Cheap because you lack the skill to avoid it. Nothing in this game is cheap when you've gotten good enough to avoid what others think is unavoidable.
Show me a Pika player who can come out of a master Dedede chain grab and I will show you a God himself.
Old 11-24-2008, 01:01 PM   #1226
korny
It's Saint Pepsi bitch
FFR Veteran

There are only a select few characters where D3 can chain grab almost everytime, Pikachu definitely NOT being one of them. Like i said, nothing in this game is cheap when you've gotten good enough to avoid what others think is unavoidable.
Old 11-24-2008, 01:21 PM   #1227
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Quote:
There are only a select few characters where D3 can chain grab almost everytime, Pikachu definitely NOT being one of them. Like i said, nothing in this game is cheap when you've gotten good enough to avoid what others think is unavoidable.
yeah well if they're letting people get out of their chain grabs, they're clearly not as much of a master as I was referring to

Old 11-24-2008, 03:07 PM   #1228
korny
It's Saint Pepsi bitch
FFR Veteran

You can master D3 all you want but the chain grab will only work until a certain point everytime. Past any certain damage percentage some characters are always going to be able to break away from it no matter what.
Old 11-24-2008, 03:34 PM   #1229
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Quote:
You can master D3 all you want but the chain grab will only work until a certain point everytime. Past any certain damage percentage some characters are always going to be able to break away from it no matter what.
Well obviously. After all, at a certain point, the chain grab combo has to go into a finishing blow that knocks them off anyway (or at least, sets up to knock them off), right? You can't kill someone by chain grabbing them alone.
Old 11-24-2008, 04:59 PM   #1230
Gray Fox
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Gray Fox

Oh damn this thread still exists?

Ah and I see Korny and the other guy is still around. Also don't remind me of chain grabs, I'm scarred from a certain somebody who mastered the ice midgets.
Old 11-24-2008, 09:38 PM   #1231
korny
It's Saint Pepsi bitch
FFR Veteran

Snake can be chain grabbed to the edge of the stage everytime.
Old 11-25-2008, 10:01 AM   #1232
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Snake can be chain grabbed to the edge of the stage everytime.
Even with his up B being so useful for recovery? I mean, once he's up at a high percent, I know it'd just be a matter of knocking him back again, but are you really saying he can be so easily killed with grabs alone? That sounds like a major oversight... what's the reason for this?
Old 11-25-2008, 11:59 AM   #1233
korny
It's Saint Pepsi bitch
FFR Veteran

Once he's reached over 200% throwing him will more than likely kill him. A snake has to learn really good spacing and know how to bring the pressure against a good D3 because even at 999% he can be chain grabbed still.
Old 11-25-2008, 04:56 PM   #1234
l2awr
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to l2awr Send a message via MSN to l2awr Send a message via Yahoo to l2awr

Quote:
I know all the big players and you have nowhere near the best Falco in the nation(if you are talking about melee). If you didn't play melee then you didn't start playing competitively before me :] When I see your name winning tournaments I'll believe you are good at Brawl.
Old 11-26-2008, 11:20 PM   #1235
korny
It's Saint Pepsi bitch
FFR Veteran

Used to have one of the best falcos. 13th best in texas is pretty damn good. I do too much other **** to remember when all the tournaments go down. My friends are good enough competition they're all past ranked melee players. I don't need you to tell me what dictates whether a person is good at brawl, because i know i'm good at brawl. Feel mighty and proud you're wrecking the smash scene in GA because it's F****** georgia lol. Not Texas.
Old 11-27-2008, 06:07 PM   #1236
l2awr
FFR Player

Quote:
Used to have one of the best falcos. 13th best in texas is pretty damn good. I do too much other **** to remember when all the tournaments go down. My friends are good enough competition they're all past ranked melee players. I don't need you to tell me what dictates whether a person is good at brawl, because i know i'm good at brawl. Feel mighty and proud you're wrecking the smash scene in GA because it's F****** georgia lol. Not Texas.
13th best in texas? I have the 5th best Falco in GA and I just picked him up last week lol...Anyways, when you place AT LEAST top 5 in a respectable tournament, then you can call yourself good. I'm almost on the same level as reflex, if not just as good. Know who he is? He placed 2nd at Fast1 and lost to M2K. You brag a lot for someone with no accomplishments :]
Old 11-27-2008, 10:38 PM   #1237
FlameFalco
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

So to bring this kinda back on topic... A few of my friends and I are gonna brawl tomorrow starting at around 11 am EST. Some of them are pretty good and we're up for a challenge. PM me sometime and i'll see if we can set up some wifi matches. I'll check back in tomorrow to see who wants matches.

Later

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasselfoot View Post
this is not a democracy. there is no constitution. you have no rights.
Brawl FC:2578-2836-6030
FlameFalco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 03:12 AM   #1238
korny
It's Saint Pepsi bitch
FFR Veteran

13th best player, not falco. I dont need to explain myself to you. i raped you online in near lagless matches with my jigglypuff. Im exceptionally skilled in every game i play which isn't very many. You can spew as much garbage as you want but proof of my talent to being skilledin video games is me being faster and more accurate one handed in stepmania than anyone in the world has dreamed of becoming, speed run near world records on multiple nes and snes games, and the undeniable fact that i did beat you online against your best with jigglyfckingpuff. Online matches can never truly determine who is better but the fact that i did it with jigs is where you refrain from talking the **** that you do. god i hate typing on a wii
Old 11-28-2008, 05:46 AM   #1239
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Korny, you act like Jigglypuff is terrible, but in a capable person's hands, his aerials can be very deadly. I know you know this. Still, you can beat him online, but it being with Jigglypuff means little other than that you have at least a little skill with it.
Old 11-28-2008, 10:23 AM   #1240
Gigispackles
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

I might get attacked for saying this but you guys haven't exactly fought every Falco player in your state. In order to really consider being in the top whatever number, you pretty much need to fight all Falco users. There are really good players who don't enter tournaments, you know. Plus, it matters on which users you fight. Some places have crappier Falcos or other characters than other places.