Old 05-9-2020, 10:10 PM   #41
the sun fan
FFR Player

Default Re: TWG 194 - Postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duskfall View Post
I think you guys are being overly hard on mikey btw the play wasn't that bad and in any world where mikey was not roleblocked would've been amazing, he made a risky gamble on someone being wolf, backed himself and was correct on his read. If he is not roleblocked he forces through a difficult lynch on scum, because he was certain on a read and backed himself.

Having to resort to actions such as faking cop feels to me like it is more our fault as fellow town players for not finding mikey who had a correct read he was 100 percent on. We misread a 1v1 at the end of the day, he was the guy who caught scum he was 100 percent on and willing to gamble the game, had we listened to him then we lynch scum, but we didn't.

Mikey takes away a lesson on how to push correctly sure, because he did fuck the pooch a bit (though not nearly as bad as others think). But everyone else should take away a lesson on listening to what other players say. I do stand by what I said in game, albeit I was a bit more aggressive there. Mafia is a team game and someone else's read can be as effective or even moreso than your own. FFR is a good site sure, so listen to other good players around you and trust their skill, especially when they are more sure than you are on a read. Mafia is a team game after all.
its a VERY bad play in C9++ because the primary goal is to make the letters of the setup make sense, and the letters didn't make sense when mikey held onto his claim

he also outed Lar, when lar could've stayed hidden

FFR is a pretty good place somehow.
Old 05-9-2020, 11:52 PM   #42
dAnceguy117
new hand moves = dab
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
I'll let you know if I ever see one
to be clear, I def did not mean this setup

but like catch me at no cardflip zone
Old 05-9-2020, 11:53 PM   #43
dAnceguy117
new hand moves = dab
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

I generally prefer cardflip games by far but I still think more obfuscated ones are interesting
Old 05-10-2020, 02:03 AM   #44
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duskfall View Post
I think you guys are being overly hard on mikey btw the play wasn't that bad and in any world where mikey was not roleblocked would've been amazing, he made a risky gamble on someone being wolf, backed himself and was correct on his read. If he is not roleblocked he forces through a difficult lynch on scum, because he was certain on a read and backed himself.

Having to resort to actions such as faking cop feels to me like it is more our fault as fellow town players for not finding mikey who had a correct read he was 100 percent on. We misread a 1v1 at the end of the day, he was the guy who caught scum he was 100 percent on and willing to gamble the game, had we listened to him then we lynch scum, but we didn't.

Mikey takes away a lesson on how to push correctly sure, because he did fuck the pooch a bit (though not nearly as bad as others think). But everyone else should take away a lesson on listening to what other players say. I do stand by what I said in game, albeit I was a bit more aggressive there. Mafia is a team game and someone else's read can be as effective or even moreso than your own. FFR is a good site sure, so listen to other good players around you and trust their skill, especially when they are more sure than you are on a read. Mafia is a team game after all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
No, thats bullshit

He read DBP scum for no reason other then feels scum and couldnt make a solid case that wasn't "I just feel it guys listen to me" and then instead of building worlds with partners or tackling different aspects of the game he fakeclaimed putting the remaining town PR at risk.

Thats not other people playing badly and you know it.

Facebook / Youtube / Twitter

Closed Thread