Old 02-3-2018, 09:55 PM   #1
Mahou
魔法少女
FFR Veteran

Default Crazy Preworkout story

I wasn't really sure where to post this, but here we go....

So yesterday, I ran out of preworkout and decided to pick some up from my local supplement shop (Vitamin). Usually, I'm not too picky on what type I get since most of them are pretty much the same (getting you a little hyped up for lifting). Since there was kind of a sale going on, I picked up a product called Mr. Hyde. Most preworkouts can range from 35-45 USD depending on how fresh it is or how popular it is. In this case, I wanted to pick something as cheap as possible because I don't find preworkouts to be necessary to any lifting.
At this point into my lifting career, my body has developed somewhat of a tolerance to some preworkouts. So like any other preworkout I took in the past, I dumped a scoop and a half in there, and started drinking it to the blasting music in my car.
By the time I got to the gym, I started to notice that the caffeine felt really intense and my heart was beating at an insanely high rate. Everything was shaking and I felt like I was about to black out at any given second. I'm not sure why I just didn't dial 911, but I rushed back to my car and looked at the nutritional facts on the product itself.

It wasn't after until I found out that I actually had somewhere close to 700 mg of caffeine in one drink less than 15 minutes. I felt like I was about to die and my anxiety was actually through the roof. Luckily, I was smart enough to call 911 just in time and have the paramedics monitor/take care of me. My heart rate was pretty high, but was actually still beating very normal from what the doctors told me.

Moral of the story is, if you're going to take a preworkout, read the nutritional label on the back of the product to make sure you're not going to crazy with the caffeine. I'm actually legitimately scared of taking these products and it's definitely not a necessity to become successful.
AND watch anime.

Last edited by Mahou; 02-3-2018 at 10:01 PM..
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-4-2018, 04:04 AM   #2
Godnick

Default Re: Crazy Preworkout story

To relate to that, I downed more than half of a half gallon of 100 proof Pottrs vodka after killing fifths anf many beers, killing myself slowly weighting nearly 200 pounds, had a 500 bpm at one point, woohoo! Yes, it;ll fuck you're heart up, gl on the research, might as well be your own researcher. That's a tub of bullshit, just enjoy you're cerial, meets, cheeses, milk, other products, fuck these large capsules.
Best bet, do not overeat and get the late night munchies because that will kill you're diet.

Edit: When it comes to contimplating the thought of this, lift more weights. That way you're precrious trip is a lean one

Last edited by Godnick; 02-4-2018 at 04:07 AM..
Old 02-4-2018, 06:39 AM   #3
Reach
FFR Simfile Author
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Reach Send a message via MSN to Reach

700 mg of caffeine certainly wouldn't have killed someone your size, you were completely fine.

Enough for a scare though.

You'd probably have to down a couple of grams if you're going for the KO.

Still, I've taken ~600 mg at once so I know the feeling, my heart wasn't racing as badly as yours but my hands were very shaky that's for sure.

As for pre-workouts themselves, I used one once in my life. Waste of money IMO, if you lift without them you just get used to it.
Old 02-4-2018, 03:39 PM   #4
dadcop2
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godnick View Post
To relate to that, I downed more than half of a half gallon of 100 proof Pottrs vodka after killing fifths anf many beers, killing myself slowly weighting nearly 200 pounds, had a 500 bpm at one point, woohoo! Yes, it;ll fuck you're heart up, gl on the research, might as well be your own researcher. That's a tub of bullshit, just enjoy you're cerial, meets, cheeses, milk, other products, fuck these large capsules.
Best bet, do not overeat and get the late night munchies because that will kill you're diet.

Edit: When it comes to contimplating the thought of this, lift more weights. That way you're precrious trip is a lean one
was 500 a typo there because i don't believe that in the slightest
dadcop2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-4-2018, 07:35 PM   #5
Mahou
魔法少女
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godnick View Post

Thanks for the diet advice but that kind of wasn’t the purpose of the post.

Edit: you literally just said “I got really fucked up on liquor. But hey, eat food but at the right time”
AND watch anime.

Last edited by Mahou; 02-4-2018 at 07:41 PM..
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote