Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat > Ask Me Anything

Ask Me Anything A forum where notable users offer to answer questions from the userbase.

Old 07-18-2013, 12:40 AM   #41
dAnceguy117
new hand moves = dab
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: This is my first post. AMA.

you might be in the minority on the ham > turkey call. those are good reasons though.

the youtube link in your sig no longer works. what's your take on copyright laws in the age of the internet? if you're not a fan, how do you think those laws could be refined?
dAnceguy117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 07:51 PM   #42
Zapmeister
FFR Player

sorry for late reply i had to research this stuff before commenting on it.

internet copyright law relies far too much on semantics. at a skim read it kind of reminds me of little kids wasting time quabbling around on the internet about definitions, as they do. but the difference is that for these purposes you have to draw the line SOMEWHERE, wherever it may be. what i think the problem is, is that there's far too much subjectivity in what constitutes fair use, and we need firstly to make these definitions more concrete, and secondly to make people aware of what they are. that shouldn't solve the problem but after that i have literally no clue how to change things, i know it's dodging the question a bit but i can't solve the world's problems :P

ok, a bunch of examples. i wasn't around for olga but i heard about its demise. so apparently writing your own personal (i.e. not nicked from a book) interpretation of the chords of a song and putting it on the internet violates copyright, what the hell. the whole debate was a semantics issue about whether personal interpretations count as fair use, which sounds really petty and stupid. i mean a blobfish trained in music theory could easily work out chords for some songs. just the fact that the site was up for 10 years before someone decided it was illegal is ridiculous. (i think the same service is currently available at ultimate guitar which is russia based so nobody can touch it)

another thing. how many notes can you nick off a song before it stops being fair use and goes into illegal territory? kind of a dumb question, stephen schwartz once said it's 8, but i think he was making stuff up. what about if it's only accidentally used quietly in the background of a video? then apparently you can get away with 29 seconds if you're willing to go through 3 years of arguing about definitions. how pixellated do you have to make a photo before it becomes public domain? the fact that people are arguing about the numbers in the comments speaks for itself.

yeah as far as i can see all of this boils down to people bullshitting about word definitions. if they could be made clearer, not like exact numbers of notes from a song, but general guidelines that EVERYONE knows, things ought to improve.

also, incorrectly issued takedown notices are a thing. youtube is far too fast to take down stuff on an accusation without proof. i'm too lazy to link things but i remember nyan cat was allegedly briefly taken down from youtube by its owner for copyright which is completely wrong. besides i frequently see whole videos/accounts being taken down and then put back up again and taken down again and put back up again and infinite loop.

oh and i forgot to mention piracy. i don't ever see music/films/bananas not ever being pirated, the piracy industry is so enormously gargantuan there's no way we can ever change how it is. it's just here to stay. (and no i don't pirate any media or fruit before you ask)

p.s. i was really, really, really, lethargically, mind-numbingly bored when i wrote this and i don't really have that much of an opinion over the whole thing, i'm literally just writing for the sake of it. i've changed my signature youtube link so it works

Theorem: If you have a large enough number of monkeys, and a large enough number of computer keyboards, one of them will sight-read AAA death piano on stealth. And the ffr community will forever worship it. Proof Example

ask me anything here

mashed FCs: 329

r1: 5
r2: 4
r3: 6
r4: 8
r5: 3
r6: 5
r7: 15
final position: 4th
Zapmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 01:20 PM   #43
dAnceguy117
new hand moves = dab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapmeister View Post
p.s. i was really, really, really, lethargically, mind-numbingly bored when i wrote this and i don't really have that much of an opinion over the whole thing, i'm literally just writing for the sake of it. i've changed my signature youtube link so it works
to me, that's super impressive. being able to go off on a well-articulated tirade concerning a topic you don't actually care a whole lot about is a real sign of a good debater and a logical thinker. I basically agree with everything you said. will come up with a better response later hopefully hahaha.

question:
is it truly your birthday today?
Old 07-29-2013, 07:10 PM   #44
Zapmeister
FFR Player

well not anymore :P it was when you posted though.

being 20 is really scary. i am still in total unmitigating denial about the fact that i'm not a teenager for the next 93 years. i am completely not ready for this, i just want to be young again

*moan* *grumble* kids of today *whinge* *moan* they think they've got it so easy huh. back in my day we didn't have such luxuries as smartphones or glow in the dark loo roll or motorised self-rotating ice cream cones. today's kids oh god i feel so old writing this

Theorem: If you have a large enough number of monkeys, and a large enough number of computer keyboards, one of them will sight-read AAA death piano on stealth. And the ffr community will forever worship it. Proof Example

ask me anything here

Old 07-29-2013, 09:29 PM   #45
dAnceguy117
new hand moves = dab

happy belated birthday, dude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapmeister View Post
being 20 is really scary. i am still in total unmitigating denial about the fact that i'm not a teenager for the next 93 years. i am completely not ready for this, i just want to be young again
hahahaha agreed

what was your favorite activity 10 years ago?
Old 08-2-2013, 06:06 PM   #46
Zapmeister
FFR Player

not sure if i even remember... i was a simplistic kid 10 years ago, didn't have a computer or games console in the house. i think it was probably watching cartoons like tom and jerry and stuff. oh and the simpsons, i was introduced to that when i was 9-and-a-half

ok i feel so nostalgic now

ask me anything here

Old 01-8-2014, 01:19 PM   #47
xAlphaWolf
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to xAlphaWolf Send a message via Skype™ to xAlphaWolf

are you r
| (\ ∧_∧ | ) 3rd Place / Division 3 / badman7772's Tournament of Darkness REBORN!
ヽ ヽ`( `oŽ )/ノ/ 18th Place / Division 3 / 8th Official Tournament
 \ | ⌒Y⌒ / / 3rd Place / Division 4 / Red Blaster's Timebomb Tournament!
  |ヽ  |  ノ/
  \トー仝ーイ
   | ミ土彡/
xAlphaWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-8-2014, 07:35 PM   #48
Zapmeister
FFR Player

No.

This post and this page of posts would explain that in more detail; I still don't know why he wants to pretend to be me.

ask me anything here