Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat

Old 02-28-2024, 03:32 AM   #1121
aperson
FFR Hall of Fame
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to aperson
Default Re: How many of you guys who have been around for longer than 10 years still are arou

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwerp2 View Post
Hi I'm here sorry I was such a douche to you 20 years ago lol
welcome back fellow fossil. no hard feelings we were simply on a different internet at the time.

aperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2024, 02:06 PM   #1122
Infinity_
FFR Player

Default Re: How many of you guys who have been around for longer than 10 years still are around

I originally joined late 2006 but lost access to my original account. Don't care much as I wanted a fresh start anyways.
I don't really know anyone here yet but I'm working on it, and also practising playing FFR when I can.
Infinity_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2024, 06:21 PM   #1123
Rebirth0
FFR Originalbro
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: How many of you guys who have been around for longer than 10 years still are around

Still lurk occasionally. Still play StepmaniaX at arcades actually every few weeks. Kinda want to get back into Stepmania/FFR a little bit. Haven't made a simfile in over 10 years now whew.

Just different priorities when you grow up. 100% miss being active in the game and I know really the only thing stopping that is myself
Rebirth0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-3-2024, 12:39 PM   #1124
Mollocephalus
Custom User Title
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Mollocephalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebirth0 View Post
Haven't made a simfile in over 10 years now whew.
we have to make the lunatic princess v2
Old 03-4-2024, 07:09 AM   #1125
Elite Ninja
Kawaii Desu
Difficulty Consulting Cat
Difficulty ConsultantFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Just hit 17 years now...
Old 03-4-2024, 07:24 PM   #1126
WaTErBOttLeZ
FFR Player

Decided to try and recover my account but somehow ended up recovering this one instead lmao. Came back around 7-8 years ago after being a member almost 19 years on my original account.
WaTErBOttLeZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-6-2024, 01:10 PM   #1127
Sh4d0wD3v1L
FFR Player

Send a message via MSN to Sh4d0wD3v1L

Been thinking a lot about ffr lately and had to come back to this post after another while away. Maybe someday I'll be active again.
Old 03-26-2024, 08:42 PM   #1128
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~

Send a message via Skype™ to DaBackpack

what's up bitches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogy View Post
no one cares
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog View Post
there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
that's kind of a sad statistic
DaBackpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2024, 09:14 PM   #1129
incubusrul3d1984
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

yes
Old 04-8-2024, 11:12 AM   #1130
Momoko_Katsura
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to Momoko_Katsura

16.6 years :')
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRubix View Post
My ego could crush whales.
Momoko_Katsura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-9-2024, 02:20 AM   #1131
_DJ Vinyl_
SemiRetired Fast Scroller
FFR Veteran

I finally got to the point where I can say I been around here 10 years. Yes I'm Semi- Retired but I don't care.

I'm still here lurkin and living life... TBH that's all that matters to me now .
_DJ Vinyl_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2024, 08:24 AM   #1132
Boyachi
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Boyachi

I was big on this for a long while until I over-focused and lost the joy.
I came back for a little bit, after the initial hiatus, but I have come back much stronger this year.

How long was the haitus? Before it I had played essentially everything that did not require a skill token and now I have not played ~2/3 of the songs.
While I have made some notable high score improvements, there are others portions (largely endurance) that still have a long way to go before they get close to my height (ie: I could play longer songs like Pants twice in a row and now if I would do that, it would be only once and essentially the only song I would play that session as my arms would be exhausted. Also bad example because I gave away all my credits when I left the first time).

Congrats on 3.3-3.5. Prior to my hiatus I was at 1.75, but I am at 2.75 now. It might also be because my current screen is 27" where my old one was 14", but it has allowed much better tracking on more difficult songs for longer combos.

I do not like the inclusion of triples and quads. Especially when I started and even now many factory standard keyboards [on budget laptops] have trouble with anything over a double. Even an Apple keyboard from 2003 with its price tag can only do some triples. Some people can lean into their hobbies while other people may take years of collecting pieces, and on that a lot of people need to budget for a a gaming keyboard, or even a $20 keyboard (hi). Sure, you can cramp-roll to get them, but honestly that takes so much skill to pull off and still get Amazing/Perfects that it becomes unfair once you get streams in the 70s-80s difficulties. Once you are proficient in doubles, triples and especially quads come down far more as a hardware issue than a skill issue. I am not saying "BAN ALL TRIPLES AND QUADS" but as a player I would at least like a warning, on the description, especially for multiplayer.
Old 04-11-2024, 10:04 PM   #1133
_choof
FFR Player
FFR Simfile Author

no offense but I'm genuinely surprised that you're finding keyboards without nkro in 2024
_choof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2024, 02:33 AM   #1134
Flaming_Dingleberry
Everybody gets one.
FFR Veteran

Hey everyone! I just came back a little bit ago because I'm playing DDR at the arcades. Logged into FFR for fun and got hooked all over again. I plan on playing every song and hopefully getting actually good at the FMO level, since they added a billion 70+ charts :')

And yeah, sorry to anyone who thought I was kind of a douchebag. I kind of was... but I'm old and harmless now.

It's awesome that so many of us are still here.

~ 1st Official FFR Butthole
Flaming_Dingleberry is offline   Reply With Quote