Old 11-29-2020, 04:36 AM   #2061
FreezinIce
FFR Player

Default Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [GAME THREAD]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow_God_10 View Post
Unless I'm reading what you're saying incorrectly
to clarify what i meant since i feel like i left u in the cold with a bunch of ???s:

i dont feel like its worth getting bogged down explaining every little thing that someone finds in their progressions thru my posts even if it makes me look bad. Unless its a direct point they feel is important enough that they ask me in real time or its something so egregious it bears immediate correction.

ive tried fighting that battle and not only is it tiring as fuck but its largely pointless

To let the world be.

========

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie View Post
AHHHHHHHHH SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET
Quote:
Originally Posted by roundbox View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean
Lynch all liars is good meta. Period.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red
My guess at this point is that there aren't actually any wolves, and all the humans are just going to kill each other until only a few are left. Then the remaining survivors will realize they are the real monsters.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Ike View Post
SCUM THEATER AA SCUM CHARU WOLF ALIEN ROUNDBOX IS TOWN AND FRAMED
Old 11-29-2020, 04:38 AM   #2062
FreezinIce
FFR Player

like i corrected plop on his incorrect read on me yesterday in his big post.

i felt like that was actually a big thing worth bringing up and it still didnt make any difference cause he just doubled down.

plenty of other examples going back, not just that one.

Iono if everyone plays like that but i feel like its a natural progression of me as a TWG player and a lesson that was not that easy to learn

To let the world be.

========

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red
My guess at this point is that there aren't actually any wolves, and all the humans are just going to kill each other until only a few are left. Then the remaining survivors will realize they are the real monsters.
Quote:
Old 11-29-2020, 04:39 AM   #2063
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~

Send a message via Skype™ to DaBackpack

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoshL View Post
plop megapost comments:

I don't like these reasons. First off, being cautious of me shouldn't be a read to mindmeld off of
Second off, ule lynch yielding no info and discussing role mechanics has been talked about already and isn't a read to mindmeld off of
Noticing people looking past freezin is also not a read to mindmeld off of.

more or less, those aren't opinions.

If you're still caught up on me being annoyed at sunfan, it's purely because the *ONLY* argument that's been cast by him is "oop he's not POE, and he can do this as a wolf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" and like, even from reviewing thread, still hasn't pushed forwards anything. you're pushing a narrative where i'm upset at "hey you should examine yoshl as scum", where it's more of "yoshl can do this as scum so therefore be careful!!!1!!"
I don't really understand your xiz point, and yes, Haku making a fuckton of posts in thread that are one liners really doesn't influence me in the slightest, because the quality of the thoughts doesn't cut it.

I think the worst points of plop's post is generally putting way too much faith in meta. Like call me out all you want, but "this person flip flops their reads all the time as town" is not a valid reason for me to say "yeah sure he's town", disregarding actual game info. Haku's actual post history still is pretty firmly wolfy to me - it's actually not hard to sit in thread and throw out a bunch of worlds that don't include you because you know they're wrong, and keep the narrative away from you. It looks more like you're still sitting on earlier game info if you think that soley a commentary post in d0 is the cornerstone of my reads.

[moves on to other shit]
Part 2 of YoshL's megapost.

Three strikes and you're out, buddy. You've invested all this time, all this effort into responding to Plopadop's megapost-- specifically, where he calls you out-- and even though you seem to disagree with almost everything he says, there's no semblance of an actual read on Plopadop himself here. Why does this keep happening?

The rest of your megapost has --actual reads-- in it, but for some fucking reason the literal first half of the post has nothing in the way of actual reads towards the person you're supposedly directly responding to.

It's because it's a fucking performance. Plop needed to create SOME tension between the two of you, and, naturally, you needed to respond to it. But here's the thing, and it's a thing I think wolves fall for a lot when theatering in thread...

If you create "conflict" between yourself and a wolf partner, you will have a natural tendency to resolve that "conflict" in a neat, tidy way, with a sparkly bow on top. Ah, Plop had a scum read on me? My response will completely sate him, or at least get him to stop talking about me. That sense of lingering doubt and tension will dissipate, and then we can both move on to other topics.

But this isn't how townies usually operate.

There is almost never any complete conflict resolution between townies and wolves in TWG. If I have a scumread on you, and you respond to it, even if it's pretty convincing, I'm not gonna just "drop" it. I'll still feel that insecurity, that "what if". I'll probably bring your name up later, or I might even continue the conversation then and there.

You're not gonna feel comfortable as town, so when I see that your interactions with Plop seem to try to emulate that feeling of "initial conflict->resolution", I'm gonna really ask myself if you're totally satisfied with that resolution. Townies rarely are, or at the very least, it takes time to change your perspective on another person. If you respond to a post, don't add anything of your own to the conflict, I dunno, maybe to actually probe about Plop's alignment? It's gonna look like theatrical denouement.

And that theatrical denouement is exactly what I keep seeing with you and Plop's interactions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogy View Post
no one cares
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog View Post
there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
that's kind of a sad statistic
Old 11-29-2020, 04:41 AM   #2064
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinIce View Post
really had nothing to do with sunfan. I dont think i even noticed what sunfan said

i was just trying to create pressure on plop for reactions and was out for his blood for what felt at the time like the wrong reason
did it bother you that sunfan also didn't want plop on the table? that should reinforce the notion that sunfan and plop are on a team, right? why did you decide to settle on Subaru instead, knowing that sunfan had him in his sights?

Quote:
no one cares
Quote:
Old 11-29-2020, 04:44 AM   #2065
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~

Quote:
to clarify what i meant since i feel like i left u in the cold with a bunch of ???s:

i dont feel like its worth getting bogged down explaining every little thing that someone finds in their progressions thru my posts even if it makes me look bad. Unless its a direct point they feel is important enough that they ask me in real time or its something so egregious it bears immediate correction.

ive tried fighting that battle and not only is it tiring as fuck but its largely pointless
I can understand this. My 6-hour (jesus christ) thread rampage probably feels like gish-galloping, in the sense that I've literally thrown dozens of arguments into the thread at once. I'm not gonna force you to refute all of them. I will, however, force you to directly confront certain allegations when the time comes.

If you want something concrete to latch on to, you can focus on selling me on sunfan being a wolf, and also more detail on why he takes precedence over Plop this phase.

Quote:
no one cares
Quote:
Old 11-29-2020, 04:48 AM   #2066
FreezinIce
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
did it bother you that sunfan also didn't want plop on the table? that should reinforce the notion that sunfan and plop are on a team, right? why did you decide to settle on Subaru instead, knowing that sunfan had him in his sights?
at the time that was happening i didnt notice that sunfan had his vote on subaru. I just remember feeling completely cold on plop at about 15m till eod and circled back to subaru.

To let the world be.

========

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red
Quote:
Old 11-29-2020, 04:51 AM   #2067
FreezinIce
FFR Player

im definitely not the type of person who puts stock on interactions and posturing before the vote unless im specifically baiting for it because (probably erroneously) it defaults in my mind to "Oh thats just theatre or they have their own plan"

its usually during wagon analysis that i pick that stuff up

To let the world be.

========

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red
Quote:
Old 11-29-2020, 04:51 AM   #2068
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~

Quote:

Votecount:
fatfuck42 (3) - TWGma, FreezinIce, SubaruPoptart
TWGma (3) - DaBackpack, fatfuck42, the sun fan
the sun fan (2) - YoshL, Hakulyte
SubaruPoptart (1) - Shadow_God_10

------

Not Voting (1): mellonxcollie

Today's theme:
I keep forgetting this, but there was a time when Plop was actually in danger of dying yesterday. When I'm awake tomorrow (...today...) I might do a bigger dive to see what exactly "saved" him.

For reference:

Quote:
D1 final votecount:

SubaruPoptart (6) - Shadow_God_10, FreezinIce, TWGma, DaBackpack, Hakulyte, the sun fan
TWGma (3) - fatfuck42, YoshL, SubaruPoptart
fatfuck42 (1) - mellonxcollie

Quote:
no one cares
Quote:
Old 11-29-2020, 04:53 AM   #2069
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~

Quote:
im definitely not the type of person who puts stock on interactions and posturing before the vote unless im specifically baiting for it because (probably erroneously) it defaults in my mind to "Oh thats just theatre or they have their own plan"

its usually during wagon analysis that i pick that stuff up
Sure, but when I'm rereading the thread and notice specifically weird interactions I'm gonna point them out.

Especially if it's the same weird interaction three fucking times across 72 hours

Quote:
no one cares
Quote:
Old 11-29-2020, 04:53 AM   #2070
FreezinIce
FFR Player

Quote:
I can understand this. My 6-hour (jesus christ) thread rampage probably feels like gish-galloping, in the sense that I've literally thrown dozens of arguments into the thread at once. I'm not gonna force you to refute all of them. I will, however, force you to directly confront certain allegations when the time comes.

If you want something concrete to latch on to, you can focus on selling me on sunfan being a wolf, and also more detail on why he takes precedence over Plop this phase.
well the biggest reason i want sunfan dead before plop is the one i already mention. I realize that only makes sense from my point of view though and im not sure how i could explain it better than what i did.

they are both wolves so i dont really care which order they die in, just i feel like i have a bigger chance being wrong on plop than sunfan

To let the world be.

========

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red
Quote:
Old 11-29-2020, 05:02 AM   #2071
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~

Quote:
at the time that was happening i didnt notice that sunfan had his vote on subaru. I just remember feeling completely cold on plop at about 15m till eod and circled back to subaru.
---------------------------------

Quote:
if your so sure subaru is a hit why dont you put your money where your vote where your mouth is and vote there?
Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
good advice
subaru

i'm not sure how much longer I plan on staying up, we'll see I guess
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow_God_10 View Post
He did vote Subaru for a while...

The wagon didn't get any traction, sadly.
Quote:
oh i didnt notice when he moved his vote off me

whoops
You were at least aware that Sunfan had Subaru as his top lynch target, right? And that he was hard-defending Plop, and was willing to lynch T-Force just to save Plop?

Quote:
no one cares
Quote:
Old 11-29-2020, 05:06 AM   #2072
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~

I need to sleep. It's 6am.

I do feel pretty strongly about Plop being a hit, with YoshL coming in 2nd place. The third wolf is exactly within Freezin/Sunfan. The good news (for me) is that I'll almost certainly be nightkilled before I have to make that decision, haha...

If time permits, I'd still rather make headway in that direction though. Especially if it will help Raeko and T-Force moving forward.

Quote:
no one cares
Quote:
Old 11-29-2020, 05:07 AM   #2073
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~

By the way. If I'm totally right about Plop and YoshL. I deserve a fucking trophy. Hall of Fame me, motherfuckers

Quote:
no one cares
Quote:
Old 11-29-2020, 05:10 AM   #2074
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~

Garfield is dead. And we fucking killed him

Quote:
no one cares
Quote:
Old 11-29-2020, 05:15 AM   #2075
FreezinIce
FFR Player

Quote:
---------------------------------

You were at least aware that Sunfan had Subaru as his top lynch target, right? And that he was hard-defending Plop, and was willing to lynch T-Force just to save Plop?
yeah i noticed he was shaking his fist at subaru, but at the time it did not mentally register he had voted for him. When i was replying to shadows post it was from the understand "Oh he left a vote on subaru for a while but unvoted or something"

not my finest moment of thread reading comprehension

thats why i was giving sunfan shit about the last min subaru vote today when i first came to the thread, because in my mind it was a last minute vote at eod

In reality it was just me completely blanking out

To let the world be.

========

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red
Quote:
Old 11-29-2020, 05:15 AM   #2076
FreezinIce
FFR Player

understanding*

To let the world be.

========

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red
Quote:
Old 11-29-2020, 05:23 AM   #2077
FreezinIce
FFR Player

tbh looking back that was a pretty cringe eod for me

To let the world be.

========

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red
Quote:
Old 11-29-2020, 06:10 AM   #2078
Shadow_God_10
Somewhere, but not here
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Shadow_God_10

Good news: I'm off for 3 days
Quote:
Originally Posted by Svaz View Post
more like Shad-hoe God am I right haha
Quote:
TIL women have breasts because of horniness
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugkid666 View Post
sunfan I fucked up
Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
Xel claiming that I am incapable of making mistakes and using that logic to paint me as scum does things to my body that I thought only Lewdy's stash could do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 View Post
your hentai collection is commendable. i am both in awe and afraid of you
Old 11-29-2020, 06:15 AM   #2079
Shadow_God_10
Somewhere, but not here

I'm not too focused on who I'm lynching today

My brain is more focused on how I'm going to pull a save out of my ass and keep DBP alive.

If I can pull that off, we should be in a better position to squeak this out
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
sunfan I fucked up
Quote:
Xel claiming that I am incapable of making mistakes and using that logic to paint me as scum does things to my body that I thought only Lewdy's stash could do

Quote:
Old 11-29-2020, 06:18 AM   #2080
Shadow_God_10
Somewhere, but not here

I know, I know

Worry about that when it happens

But I'm sure we've got at least one hit here today
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
sunfan I fucked up
Quote:

Quote:
Closed Thread