Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR General Talk
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-24-2009, 05:58 PM   #1
thelostone
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Default Broken.

This thread isn't to whine (as much as it will seem), its really to point out some of the features that I think need to be fixed.

For instance, its great that there are some really good ffr players out there that can AAA fgo's - i mean thats cool and all but the people who can are in the top 0.1% of the crowd that actually plays. However, they're the ones calling the shots, and with the new revision on what songs cut it for Oni unlock, I think its getting pretty ridiculous - for the average person out there, any FMO is hard as is to pass. Even harder to get a good combo. I am personally one who can fc FMO's... and all I can say is that its become a game for the elite ffr players (esp. w/ the lingo that people use..). FYI - to those top tier players, fmo's and fgo's are actually hard, no matter how easy you say they are.
Understandably, Oni is supposed to be really really hard to unlock, but with newer and newer revisions it almost seems like you're trying to close off the "elite" group of people who can unlock Oni.

secondly - the mp leveling system is so broken - anyone above level 14 is discouraged from playing someone of a similar mp level because playing them enough will result in a net decrease in exp for the both of them. We have 50 levels max on multiplayer, and there are a handful with mp levels above 25. Thats 25 levels being ridiculously underused, and players above level 14 have almost no reason to play another similar leveled person other than to dominate them and gain levels from them. From this, mp levels above 20 don't really mean a thing besides "you are really good, and you don't play games you can't win often".

Finally, I've been on ffr for a bit more than 5 years, but its been on and off. I definitely remember when colored arrows first came on board, and word was that, when they got around to it, that the colored arrows would get to some of the older songs (after all, the very first colored arrow songs were songs that used to be completely blue - like sonic from arcade). Along with songs from around that time period, some songs really need to get sync'd properly. No more jumps that look like gallops. No more music that goes 2 beats faster than the arrows... and the fact that people just haven't gotten around to this yet 4 years after newer and better songs come out is unfortunate.

If anyone feels the way I do, say something about it. The thread's closer to a rant now, but it really spells out why I would quit if I were to leave now. I'm logging on less and less now, and others that feel like I do probably also do the same. If it weren't for summer's incredible boredom and my having not yet bought a game recently making me bored, I would leave.

I would appreciate it if comments were not simply "shut up you noob, just cuz you aren't good doesn't mean you have to complain about it"