Old 09-24-2008, 09:02 PM   #21
EgomaniaCircus
(```(~_~)```)
FFR Veteran

Default Re: *stabs self*

Quote:
Originally Posted by d4u7211 View Post
dont listen to egomania. he fails. basically, you just have to play more, and try to concentrate on where youre looking. try different speedmods. trust me, keep whoring and youll get better. i was exactly like that when i only could AAA a few songs.

egomania is right a bit though, on how lag doesnt help. its mostly the keyboard if its not lag from the pc. the keyboard may not register as fast as you want it to, so try playing on other keyboards, like other pc's if you can.
If I didn't know any better I'd think you just called me a bad player.

But you aren't, so you must be saying my advice is bad.

Wells lets review, once again 14/67 on OMW is not the mark of a masher, but the mark of a player who has the speed but lacks the ability to control it.

He plays on a 6 year old computer, he consistently hits his arrows early which indicates that he's compensating for ambient lag, and his goods occur randomly and most importantly WITHOUT compromising the rhythm of the next arrow, which indicates subtle spike lag in addition to the ambient lag.

And no **** he has to play more. Nowhere did I say he doesn't.

I just said he shouldn't focus on good PA until he finds a setup where he feels confident in his accuracy, because if he doesn't, he'll end up a frustrated and unhappy player.

PS. MESSING WITH YOUR SPEEDMODS IS BAD FOR YOUR PA.
Old 09-24-2008, 09:11 PM   #22
Nightfirecat
...back from the dead.
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Nightfirecat

Quote:
Originally Posted by rzr View Post
Play SM on a really high judgement level.
Play stepmania at all. Period. Seriously, just play that for like 2 weeks, and no FFR, and your PA will increase greatly, as well as your ability to read complex jumpstream/jumps.

[My Profile] | [My Music] | [Play FFR] | [My Photobucket] | [My DeviantArt]

AAAs: 210 (186+7+17)
Best AAAs: Vertex BETA, Fighting for Control, Nova Pulser
Recent AAAs: {Firestorm}, Dazzling Destiny, Hellbeat v2p

2nd place in 3rd Official Tournament
1st place in Jugglin/Jteh's 1st Tournament
Nightfirecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 10:02 PM   #23
Gigispackles
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

I'm not sure why you can't. Maybe you're trying too hard. I just relax when and if I ever intend to AAA. I AAAed most of the songs that I have "accidentaly" by choosing random.
Old 09-24-2008, 10:35 PM   #24
Xiaounlimited
Eaguru
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by d4u7211
dont listen to egomania. he fails.
You're not much better
Old 09-24-2008, 11:08 PM   #25
stavie33
FFR Player
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

If I recall, Vista's awful for PA
You're holding me down (Oh Oh)
Turning me round (Oh Oh)
Filling me up with your rules (Oooh)
stavie33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 08:14 AM   #26
EgomaniaCircus
(```(~_~)```)
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiaounlimited View Post
You're not much better
Just for clarification he's not anywhere near my skill level. I only ever play FFR anymore to do one of two things, the first being mess around in MP on my vista comp, and the second being playing seriously on my friend's XP comp to submit scores for D5 of the unofficial tournament.

I don't have a lot of AAA's because I simply don't give a **** about them and I'm tired of people misjudging my skill level because of that. Very tired.
Old 09-25-2008, 10:42 AM   #27
HighAndr0id
FFR Player
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

play stepmania, but play with a strategy. What I mean is, critically analyze what you are doing while you play (are you hitting early/late, hesitating on specific patterns, etc.). This skill takes time to develop, so don't feel discouraged if you aren't seeing results immediately because for some it takes weeks/months/years to be able to effectively do this.

HighAndr0id is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 10:48 AM   #28
who_cares973
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to who_cares973 Send a message via MSN to who_cares973 Send a message via Yahoo to who_cares973 Send a message via Skype™ to who_cares973

Quote:
Originally Posted by stavie33 View Post
If I recall, Vista's awful for PA
its something you have to get used to =/

took me about 8 months or to get used to but that ambient lag is a bitch D:
so i still get bs goods everywhere
Old 09-25-2008, 11:56 AM   #29
Knoobish
alia shawkat
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by EgomaniaCircus View Post
I can FC 290+ bpm streams in stepmania
o ok. I'd love to see a score on any file you've played over 290bpm (disregard, death reveals come to mind) where you FC. Please, impress me. Until then, stop talking out your ass.

PS the only way to get better PA is to play more FFR/SM. There's no secret trick to it unless you happen to play with some incredibly weird style or if your speedmod is too fast/slow for your reading ability. I'm assuming you're playing spread, so you should be using a key setup something like askl or dfkl or any analogous setup. Don't make the game harder than it is: really, you're reacting to arrows scrolling up the screen.
actually it is, my parents hate me i have no friends and everyone hates me, fine i will just go kill myself like anyone here gives a fat flying ****, when im dead no one will miss me and no i wont come back because i will be dead. i might as well end it anyway i suck at life i suck at stepmania i cant get a friend...

im going to go kill myself...most likely you will all celebrate and party because everyone hates me so much.
Knoobish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 12:34 PM   #30
s0ulst0n3
<SPACE FOR RENT>
FFR Veteran

Send a message via ICQ to s0ulst0n3 Send a message via AIM to s0ulst0n3 Send a message via MSN to s0ulst0n3 Send a message via Yahoo to s0ulst0n3 Send a message via Skype™ to s0ulst0n3

Quoting this from a previous thread, don't feel like writing it out, but the most important thing is practice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0ulst0n3
If you are going for PA, don't go for harder songs, that's just dumb. Obviously your PA will be worse. If you have trouble AAAing a song, try a song a little easier. Focusing yourself on the framing and not senselessly pushing buttons and "hoping" to get them as perfects doesn't teach you how the framing system works, and I had to figure this out the hard way. AAA Easiest songs. Then, slowly move up the difficulty scale. Trust me, it will help your PA a lot. I'm not saying you can't play harder songs, heck I even recommend it to keep your speed up! But when it comes to accuracy..that's the most effective method you can use.

Try to make sure you don't give this person sour advice, if you are not sure about something, keep it to yourself. Not being mean at all, but it's better to be safe.

As for your scores I see in your level ranks...your PA is decent (30 goods on For FFR). You consistently SDG 5 and 6 difficulty songs. I would suggest this:

1) Play songs that you can play well without boo mashing, or better yet SDB. Attempt at least 5 games of songs like that every day.
2) Try to work on lower songs in the same day, but work on this more frequently so your PA doesn't turn crappy. It may be boring, but it will help in the long run. Work on songs you know you can get 1 or 2 goods pretty consistently. Work on that song everyday, but don't whore it in the same day or you WILL get mental blocks.
3) If you are expecting to get very good at this game, such as FCing/AAAing FMO's, I suggest applying yourself a speed mod, or up yourself if you haven't already. So many people say it doesn't make a difference, but I can assure you it does. It makes it easier to read, and AAAing FMO's are so much easier. I'm going to give you a couple examples of a pro on 1x (Tass) and a pro on 2x (Me, not being arrogant). The way it goes, is good-average-miss-boo in case you didn't know.

Strawberry Sweetz (FGO):
Tass = 84-2-1-21
Soul = 17-1-0-6

Pants (FGO):
Tass = 124-24-0-90
Soul = 8-0-0-1

Caprice (FMO):
Tass = 34-4-0-9
Soul = 1-0-0-0

Not being a prick here, just comparing to show you the difference. He plays 1x, I play 2x as I stated. It's not that he's bad, not at all, it's just he has trouble reading patterns. Also on easier songs, you tend to hit notes earlier because you are expecting them (even with screencut). I don't know why he won't change, but I do know he would if he wanted to get better, as would you. Keep these words of advice strongly, as I assure you I know what I am talking about.

~Soul
I altered it a bit to reflect you.

EDIT: EgomaniaCircus is bsing, just ignore him. I highly HIGHLY doubt he can FC songs like Death Reveals based on his level rank. Nice Pants, bro. 500 boo's, eh? If you don't want to be flamed, then don't lie. Simple.

FIX: EDIT2: Actually, play Disregard or Death Reveals now. 1.0x rate, judgment 4. Post it in the SM scores thread or PM it to me. If I am wrong and you actually can, I'll apologize. Keep in mind I can tell the difference from a BS score and a legit score just from a screenshot.

Last edited by s0ulst0n3; 09-25-2008 at 12:41 PM..
s0ulst0n3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 02:57 PM   #31
EgomaniaCircus
(```(~_~)```)
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0ulst0n3 View Post
Quoting this from a previous thread, don't feel like writing it out, but the most important thing is practice.

I altered it a bit to reflect you.

EDIT: EgomaniaCircus is bsing, just ignore him. I highly HIGHLY doubt he can FC songs like Death Reveals based on his level rank. Nice Pants, bro. 500 boo's, eh? If you don't want to be flamed, then don't lie. Simple.

FIX: EDIT2: Actually, play Disregard or Death Reveals now. 1.0x rate, judgment 4. Post it in the SM scores thread or PM it to me. If I am wrong and you actually can, I'll apologize. Keep in mind I can tell the difference from a BS score and a legit score just from a screenshot.
http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...highlight=mina

Scores are a month old. I've AA'd both disregard and vertex delta since.

PS 2 cbs on ghost.

PPS what part of I'm in D5 of the unofficial did you miss.

PPPS Pants FC was for getting HWG I didn't feeling dealing with the boring/crappy repetitive jumpstream

PPPPS yes ignore my 90-x-0-40 on AT and 50-x-5-15 non FC both of which were scored on my vista comp.

PPPPPS J7 IDP2 pass in my profile pics. Your turn.
Wrecked. Bye.

Last edited by EgomaniaCircus; 09-25-2008 at 03:30 PM..
EgomaniaCircus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 03:18 PM   #32
Xiaounlimited
Eaguru
FFR Veteran

Soulstone, despite your disclaimer in your post (me, not being arrogant), just get your point across constructively. I hate to break it to you, but you're not all that great. In fact, you're merely decent, as am I; but not good. Flexing yourself against Tass is kind of pointless. He's mediocre at FFR and nothing more, admin or not. There are better 1x screencutters, I'm sure.

Mina has better speed than either of us do, and possibly ever will (I can't pass DME and I can only mid-B Disregard). He barely plays FFR, so what impact does it have on you? This is just going to degenerate into a flamefest and BS calls. If you think his scores are BS, good for you. He's not taking WRs, so does it matter?
Old 09-25-2008, 03:22 PM   #33
funmonkey54
The Chill Keeper
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to funmonkey54

I have over 560 FC's and less than 100 AAA's.
It happens.

funmonkey54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 11:31 PM   #34
s0ulst0n3
<SPACE FOR RENT>
FFR Veteran

Send a message via ICQ to s0ulst0n3 Send a message via AIM to s0ulst0n3 Send a message via MSN to s0ulst0n3 Send a message via Yahoo to s0ulst0n3 Send a message via Skype™ to s0ulst0n3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiaounlimited View Post
Soulstone, despite your disclaimer in your post (me, not being arrogant), just get your point across constructively. I hate to break it to you, but you're not all that great. In fact, you're merely decent, as am I; but not good. Flexing yourself against Tass is kind of pointless. He's mediocre at FFR and nothing more, admin or not. There are better 1x screencutters, I'm sure.

Mina has better speed than either of us do, and possibly ever will (I can't pass DME and I can only mid-B Disregard). He barely plays FFR, so what impact does it have on you? This is just going to degenerate into a flamefest and BS calls. If you think his scores are BS, good for you. He's not taking WRs, so does it matter?
I've noticed you've always had something against me, I don't know why either. General dislike for the big F? The fact my life isn't complete ****?

1) I never said I was great, I don't consider myself great. I said FFR pro because T4+ is considered, "pro".
2) I compared myself to Tass because he's the only decent 1x screencutter I am aware of. I was comparing how 1x and 2x screencutters compare, as he used to play FFR a lot and has barely improved. He's even STATED he has trouble reading the streams in Purple, which is why he can't PA it.
3) When did I ever call his scores bull****? I've never even seen a score from him before now..
4) I was in the wrong and just woke up when I posted that, I saw someone quote how he can combo 275BPM streams. So, being unaware of ever hearing of this person, I wanted to clarify if this was real or not. I apologize to Ego. Sorry.
5) Elaborate how I am arrogant.

Get off my case and don't put ****ing words in my ****ing mouth, like seriously.
Old 09-26-2008, 10:49 AM   #35
Ultimaeblah
FFR Player

Guys, I just wanted some advice, can you take the drama to private messages, please?

But yeah, I got my monitor, so I'm adjusting to the display; comptuer comes this weekend, most likely(does UPS deliver on sundays?). I'm just going to FC as many songs as I can and screw PA for a while(I'll start doing PA when I start FCing stuff easier than Challenging).

EDIT: Lol 2 misses on Reality

Last edited by Ultimaeblah; 09-26-2008 at 10:54 AM..
Ultimaeblah is offline   Reply With Quote