Old 04-27-2009, 07:40 PM   #1021
tsugomaru
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to tsugomaru
Default Re: World of Warcraft

WUT!

You just got mowed, Tokzicfag.

~Tsugomaru
When their heart is pierced by a bullet from a pistol...? No.
When they succumb to an incurable disease...? No.
When they drink soup made with a poisonous mushroom...? NO!!!
IT'S WHEN A PERSON IS FORGOTTEN...!!!
tsugomaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 12:09 PM   #1022
Kagome
Pop'n Music.
Retired Staff

Send a message via AIM to Kagome Send a message via MSN to Kagome

We downed 25 man Freya Last night.

http://img102.imageshack.us/img102/2155/downloadk.jpg
Kagome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 12:44 PM   #1023
Sir Psycho
FFR Player

Guild killed FL, Razorscale, Ignis and XT. Kologarn was almost killed Friday, but we stopped raiding for the rest of the weekend, due to our GMs prom.(GM is 17lawlwut?)

Ignis is fun to MT
Sir Psycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 03:22 PM   #1024
Tokzic
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Tokzic

They didn't like how Naxx 10 is harder than Naxx 25, or that Sarth 10+3 is harder than Sarth 25+3. They very clearly changed that dynamic in Ulduar, because we cleared 10-man Ulduar in a day while 25 is still taking some time to get through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandiagod View Post
We're on kologarn in 25man wut now tokzicfag

too bad we downed him already

Last edited by Tokzic: Today at 11:59 PM. Reason: wait what

Last edited by Tokzic; 04-28-2009 at 03:29 PM..
Tokzic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 03:28 PM   #1025
devonin
Very Grave Indeed
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin

The problem with progression obessed players is that you tend to quit once you've finished the newest raids, and then wander back in when the next content patch goes live and then wonder why you get bored with WoW
devonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 03:31 PM   #1026
Tokzic
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Tokzic

Quote:
Originally Posted by devonin View Post
The problem with progression obessed players is that you tend to quit once you've finished the newest raids, and then wander back in when the next content patch goes live and then wonder why you get bored with WoW
We clear about one or two progression bosses per raid. That's hardly "obsessed".

Last edited by Tokzic: Today at 11:59 PM. Reason: wait what
Tokzic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 04:01 PM   #1027
devonin
Very Grave Indeed

I've been in Ulduar once. We killed Razormane, and wiped a few times on some other things. Just looking at the title choices made by your raid group is enough to classify them as 'obsessed' to me.
Old 04-28-2009, 04:34 PM   #1028
Grandiagod
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Grandiagod Send a message via MSN to Grandiagod

we woulda downed kolagarn yesterday if it wasn't for stupid finals =(
Grandiagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 04:40 PM   #1029
argo15
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Hey guys, I might be trying out this "WoW" game. If I do, what are some tips for the absolute begginer who has no friends that play?
argo15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 05:04 PM   #1030
Grandiagod
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Grandiagod Send a message via MSN to Grandiagod

Quote:
Originally Posted by argo15 View Post
Hey guys, I might be trying out this "WoW" game. If I do, what are some tips for the absolute begginer who has no friends that play?
read the stickies in this forum: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/bo...Id=69356&sid=1
Grandiagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 06:51 PM   #1031
argo15
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

sweet, ty. Going back to the nobody i know irl plays, do you guys have a good suggestion for what realm i should start off on?
argo15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 07:00 PM   #1032
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek

It really doesn't matter where you start. You'll be able to make friends with just about anyone on any realm.

I joined the guild I'm in because my friend was in it, but I've gotten to know everyone else in it too.
Squeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 04:50 PM   #1033
tsugomaru
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to tsugomaru

It's hard to find a "good server" through word of mouth. Everyone will complain that their server is terrible and has a bunch of idiots and that their guild has all the intelligent people.

So unless you have a friend on an existing server, any random server will be fine.

~Tsugomaru
When their heart is pierced by a bullet from a pistol...? No.
When they succumb to an incurable disease...? No.
When they drink soup made with a poisonous mushroom...? NO!!!
IT'S WHEN A PERSON IS FORGOTTEN...!!!
tsugomaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 06:12 PM   #1034
Necamus
FFR Player

Yeah, just choose a server that suits your liking (PvE vs PvP, Normal vs RP, population).

Be warned that higher population servers can fill up during peak times, meaning that you'll have to wait to log in.

P.S. tanking's fun, i should start raiding soon http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...nyxia&n=Sindes
Old 04-29-2009, 07:59 PM   #1035
devonin
Very Grave Indeed

Still a couple solid upgrades in heroics for you.

Herald Volazj has epic tanking bracers, I'd get a titanium earthguard ring, the heroism tanking belt, and depending on your need for stamina, I actually like the rare arcane-shielded helm from heroic nexus over the titansteel (but your mileage definitely varies on that) I personally like the shield from heroic CoT as well, the titansteel has a little more avoidance, but the hit on the Royal Crest has also come in handy, but again, that depends on which seal you use etc.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...thal&n=Devonin
Old 04-29-2009, 09:49 PM   #1036
Ground_Breaker
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Ground_Breaker

What's the general consensus regarding hit cap for prot paladins now? Obviously tanks need to come close to the cap for threat gen, but with the massive buffs we got, I'm wondering if it's even worth it anymore.

I have low hit and low expertise; my Hammer of the Righteous gets deflected and dodged all the time, I miss judgments and Avenger's Shields, but I can hold aggro on all kinds of trash packs. The other night I took 5 mobs out of both packs of trash in front of Deconstructor without any problems holding aggro. I'm not getting constant ToTs or hunter MDs either.

I'm thinking it may just be a lack of good DPS in my guild, but I'm curious if anyone else has noticed they always have a huge threat lead and as a result are gearing away from BV/BR/Hit/Expertise and more towards pure avoidance stats.

Last edited by Ground_Breaker; 04-29-2009 at 09:51 PM..
Ground_Breaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 11:40 PM   #1037
devonin
Very Grave Indeed

I don't think hit cap is remotely necessary for prot paladins. Having some certainly helps, but so little of my threat is coming from actual weapon swings anymore. Between exorcism working on everything, shield of the righteous, hammer of the righteous hitting 4 targets and consecrate up all the time, I'm spamming off so many things that generate gobs of threat, that even the odd miss and dodge here and there barely dents my threatgen.

Pretty much the only thing that has any hope of pulling initial threat away from me is a retribution paladin whose darkmoon card greatness procs on the opening salvo. And even they I can pretty much stay ahead of if they are following directions enough to be hitting the same thing that gets my exorcism and judgement.

That said, I know several warrior tanks who gem for expertise, and I'm using a shield with hit specifically to help ease the threat generation burden, but my avoidance is much better compared to the rest of my needed combat stats than it used to be in BC.
Old 04-30-2009, 01:01 AM   #1038
Sir Psycho
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by devonin View Post
That said, I know several warrior tanks who gem for expertise, and I'm using a shield with hit specifically to help ease the threat generation burden, but my avoidance is much better compared to the rest of my needed combat stats than it used to be in BC.
Getting as close to 60 expertise as a warrior is something we strive to get. My shield slam gets parried way too much.

If I'm running a Naxx25man or something like that, I'm usually at 40expertise unbuffed(50 with pot and food) and I still get SS parries like 8% of the time. SS being our biggest threat generator in a single hit, we need to make it so we don't get parried. If my opening SS is parried, I have to taunt.

Difference between 26 expertise and 50 expertise as a warrior is about 1 to 2k TPS. And if I'm in my threat gear, I'm pushing 7.5k TPS(50exp with pot/food). In my avoidance gear, I'm pushing about ~6k TPS(33expertise).
Old 04-30-2009, 01:04 AM   #1039
Sir Psycho
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necamus View Post
P.S. tanking's fun, i should start raiding soon http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...nyxia&n=Sindes
Get rid of your parry gems. Now. Seriously. Get rid of them. Go dodge, or go stam. Avoid parry gems.

Parry has harsher diminishing returns and takes more rating percent then dodge does.
Old 04-30-2009, 01:25 AM   #1040
Ground_Breaker
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Ground_Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Psycho View Post
Get rid of your parry gems. Now. Seriously. Get rid of them. Go dodge, or go stam. Avoid parry gems.

Parry has harsher diminishing returns and takes more rating percent then dodge does.
This. If you must have a red gem in your gear for whatever reason, it should be the dodge/defense orange gem or maybe a full dodge gem if you're desperate. Just about anything is better than parry.

Also, unless you're stacking stam, you should go work on SoH rep to get their inscription of the pinnacle for your shoulders, better avoidance.

Get at least a Heavy Borean Armor Kit on those gauntlets if you can't afford the Armsman enchant.

You have two rings with 0 defense, so you should at least get the Titanium Earthguard Ring to free up a slot for gear upgrades. Also, don't hesitate to use your BS prismatic sockets for pure def gems to also give you a little more breathing room for choosing upgrades. The point is to spread the defense rating around so when you upgrade a piece, you don't lose a substantial amount of defense rating. There are quite a few pre-raid blues that have a crapload of defense rating on them, which is great, but your first epic upgrades for those slots usually have way less defense, so you want to have as much as you can on as many different pieces as you can to alleviate that big def rating loss.