Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-16-2008, 04:13 PM   #41
All_That_Chaz
Supreme Dictator For Life
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to All_That_Chaz
Default Re: Overprotective parents?.....

Don't be like 17 year old Chaz.

One night 17 year old Chaz took his girlfriend to a local park without telling his or her parents. They both turned off their phones and had a jolly old time until the wee hours of the morning. When Chaz returned his girlfriend to her house the police were there and her parents were very unhappy. He said Chaz wasn't to see her for quite a while. He'd be right. Chaz then drove home and was greeted by very angry parents, one of whom was wielding a childhood baseball bad menacingly. Chaz didn't leave his room for a while.

Don't be like 17 year old Chaz.
dammit chaz
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoJaR View Post
god dammit chaz
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalReynolds
I bet when you live in a glass house, the temptation to throw stones is magnified strictly because you're not supposed to.
All_That_Chaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 04:45 PM   #42
Frozen Beat
coLSBMidday, zerg sc2 pro
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Frozen Beat Send a message via MSN to Frozen Beat

My parents are just ridiculously protective of "things that affect my schoolwork."

Such as FFR.

Feel several different pains, before they're colored pure red
Make a little chance! Start connecting us into to tomorrow, ready and go!
No matter how many times I keep going down, in these unending rounds
I'm gonna keep up! We can create hope, it's our story!
Frozen Beat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 05:33 PM   #43
OMG its HIM
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by kim2302 View Post
I've seen this so many times i wanted to ask why.....
Parents taking care of their children too much...whats the reason for it?...If they child trips off lets say a log and there is no harm done...why do they act as if they are completely beat up? Why are they so worried about? I've seen parents so worried even if they go on field trips for the school day!! What is the reason parents are so darn worried about??
they want to make sure they are ok...but they shouldnt go on field trips with their kids. I think that our generation of kids are pretty dumb. you see kids wearing there pants to their waist, and blasing music up high, and getting married, then divorcing 1 year later. You wouldnt see kids back then doing that kind of stuff, and therefore kids should be watched, but not too much, because you have to teach them responsiblity
Best FC-Piano Etude

<He Got Laid
Quote:
Originally Posted by djshox View Post
I will kill you.
[img]http://i34.tinypic.com/rs4m0y.jpg
OMG its HIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 05:41 PM   #44
andili
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kim2302 View Post
I've seen parents so worried even if they go on field trips for the school day!!
haha that's like my parents, they are overprotective like that. I cannot stay overnight at most people's houses. I can only stay overnight at people with parents that are friends with my parents. I have to call my parents every day I get home. Right now i'm not allowed to date,choose my own clothes or shop for anything actually; my parents buy everything for me. But I'm very spoiled, my parents get me a lot of stuff I don't ask for...like ddr, mp3 player etc. Plus I sometimes ignore their strict rules and then they get used to it, but they are mostly the small things like...makeup and stuff ( U_U still can't dye my hair with normal hair dye >:3 I'll do it soon anyway).

Last edited by andili; 05-16-2008 at 05:45 PM..
andili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 05:50 PM   #45
TrIPLle K xX
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMG its HIM View Post
they want to make sure they are ok...but they shouldnt go on field trips with their kids. I think that our generation of kids are pretty dumb. you see kids wearing there pants to their waist, and blasing music up high, and getting married, then divorcing 1 year later. You wouldnt see kids back then doing that kind of stuff, and therefore kids should be watched, but not too much, because you have to teach them responsiblity
Old 05-16-2008, 05:55 PM   #46
chidori!
FFR Player

Send a message via MSN to chidori! Send a message via Yahoo to chidori!
Default Re: Overprotected parents?.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xx{Midday}xX View Post
Come to think of it, my parents aren't protective at all. (Doesn't notice my suicide attempts, doesn't say much about my failing junior grades etc.)

On the contrary, my mom plays FFR and SM with me. We also beat Kirby All Star and Super Mario World together. lol. Dad plays Dragonquest and Earthbound, stuff like that.

Carefree and like children.
parents that act like children are creppy who whould want to play games with them
chidori! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 05:57 PM   #47
xXDominationxLyfexX
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to xXDominationxLyfexX Send a message via MSN to xXDominationxLyfexX

Quote:
Originally Posted by chidori! View Post
parents that act like children are creppy who whould want to play games with them
Many parents love to play games with their children.
It's not cool to just go ahead and blow off on people like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasselfoot View Post
[1:39:07 PM] synthlight says: The answer is.. because version .786 has a sun in it.
[1:39:23 PM] Tasselfoot says: i don't get it.
[1:39:37 PM] synthlight says: you are not supposed to.

Last edited by xXDominationxLyfexX; 05-16-2008 at 06:20 PM..
xXDominationxLyfexX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 06:00 PM   #48
Xx{Midday}xX
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Location: My own world. Miserable. Disgusting. Appalling. Pessimistic. Horrific. Terrible.
Send a message via AIM to Xx{Midday}xX Send a message via MSN to Xx{Midday}xX

I try not to treat my parents as parents. Just people. No different.

Way to call my parents creppy.

つまんないシグでスマソ(´・ω・`)
Xx{Midday}xX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 06:06 PM   #49
robertsona
missa in h-moll
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by chidori! View Post
you're not very smart.
Old 05-16-2008, 06:08 PM   #50
kim2302
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xx{Midday}xX View Post
I try not to treat my parents as parents. Just people. No different.

Way to call my parents creppy.
I treat my parents the same way...as people...treating them like my parents to me its weird...i can't remember the last time i called them mom or dad..i call them by their first name....

kim2302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 07:39 PM   #51
Specforces
Yes
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Specforces

We really need to up the age restrictions.
Old 05-16-2008, 08:02 PM   #52
Mans0n
Sun and Stars
FFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Mans0n

When i was 11, and i was a skateboarding fanatic. My mom would let me stay out till 9:00 ( hour before cerfew.) and i was kool with it. But then i got caught drinking, ( i was wasted) and i was grounded for 6 months.
Since then she's always been like where ya going? when you gettin back? whos house is that? call me from there house phone when u get there. but she stopped being that gay about a while ago like right after i turned 13. which i am now.

Check out my band profile and give it a like! :P
Mans0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 08:06 PM   #53
korny
It's Saint Pepsi bitch
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to korny

I don't think any of you guys really know what over protective parents are, until you've been raised by mormons.
korny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 08:12 PM   #54
MarukuAntoni
mmmMMMmmm
FFR Veteran

youll find out when you have your own children. there's a certain bond or feeling that you develop when you have a child.
Old 05-16-2008, 08:29 PM   #55
Necamus
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mans0n View Post
When i was 11, and i was a skateboarding fanatic. My mom would let me stay out till 9:00 ( hour before cerfew.) and i was kool with it. But then i got caught drinking, ( i was wasted) and i was grounded for 6 months.
Since then she's always been like where ya going? when you gettin back? whos house is that? call me from there house phone when u get there. but she stopped being that gay about a while ago like right after i turned 13. which i am now.
Lmao, you're retarded. "she stopped being that gay about it" What were you expecting, genius? You were caught drinking when you were ELEVEN. You think she was just gonna let that go? Hahaha.. good ****ing job.
Necamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 08:51 PM   #56
inflames07
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to inflames07

Parents are born with the instincts of protecting their young (Both in animals and humans). But as for discipline, your parents are making sure you don't turn out to be another Britney Spears, drug addict, etc. With society and the media nowadays, I don't blame them.

And as for miss everything-I-don't-like-is-either-hypocritical-or-****ed-up, my parents have never been protective over me. They brought me up with certain values and trusted my actions. They gave me the sense of "right and wrong" and made me understand that every action has consequences. When I go out at night, they trust that I will not do things that I shouldn't be doing because I'm almost 18 (11 more days) and soon I wont have them around to tell me the obvious.

I would say that over protective parents are more "f'd up" than parents who obsess over what their kids do, learn, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewpinthethird View Post
Sex kills time and it's free.

Instead of taking her out to a movie and buying her popcorn, bend her over the arm of a couch. It's very economical. Just make sure you are using the proper protection, because then it can become VERY, VERY GOD DAMN UNECONOMICAL if she pops a baby 9 months down the road.
inflames07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 09:55 PM   #57
stretchypanda
shock me shock me
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to stretchypanda

Quote:
Originally Posted by andili View Post
haha that's like my parents, they are overprotective like that. I cannot stay overnight at most people's houses. I can only stay overnight at people with parents that are friends with my parents. I have to call my parents every day I get home. Right now i'm not allowed to date,choose my own clothes or shop for anything actually; my parents buy everything for me. But I'm very spoiled, my parents get me a lot of stuff I don't ask for...like ddr, mp3 player etc. Plus I sometimes ignore their strict rules and then they get used to it, but they are mostly the small things like...makeup and stuff ( U_U still can't dye my hair with normal hair dye >:3 I'll do it soon anyway).
So basically your parents give you more than what you could ever want and you choose to rebel against the few requirements they give you?

My old roommate was like that. She went to college to find a husband because that's the only way she'll be able to sustain herself once her parents stop paying for her, if they ever do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by devonin View Post
My dad (fairly traditional Italian father) was very strict until I was 18. I always had to tell them where I was going, when I'd be back, call if any of that changed, reasonably fixed bedtimes (Not like "be in bed by X" but "We'll get pissed off and yell at you if you're up super late")

As soon as I turned 18, each and every restriction was lifted. The working theory was "We work hard while you're growing up to instill a certain sense of responsibility and maturity in you, and by the time you're 18 you've either learned it or not, but now you're an adult, so do what you like, and we'll just hope you learned the useful lessons"

Sure, I had lots of yelling matches with my parents as a teenager about how unfair all their rules were, but I seem to have turned out okay as a result.
Yay for Italian dads. My experience was very nearly the same except I still got the "It's 12:30 you need to be home in half an hour" phone calls even after I turned 18 until the first time I came home from college.
stretchypanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 09:57 PM   #58
SoultakerNFH
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mans0n View Post
A+ post, would read again. I seriously laughed really hard at this.

Best Non-AAA Ranks (Before AvMiss Was Fixed): Choprite, Rank 6 [3-0-0-0]; TGWP Part 1, Rank 11 [5-0-0-0]; Otaku Speedvibe Heavy, Rank 13 [1-0-0-0]; Blue Army, Rank 5 [1-0-0-0]
SoultakerNFH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 12:30 AM   #59
devonin
Very Grave Indeed
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin

Quote:
after i turned 13. which i am now.
You're 13, but your account is more than 1 year old. You know, I could probably justify a retroactive year UUA ban...
devonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 02:16 PM   #60
championanwar
Ask Nuro! x3
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

My mom banned me from FFR, but did I listen?
Nooooo

Quote:
Originally Posted by aperson
all of 65dos are dumb an noticable because their idea of 7/8 is 4/4 with one beat cut off the end
Quote:
aperson: yo shikari if u c thom yorke
aperson: plz tell him 2 start usin consonants again
Click Here
championanwar is offline   Reply With Quote