Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Video Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-28-2009, 08:37 PM   #561
tsugomaru
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to tsugomaru
Default Re: World of Warcraft

I thought you found a bind on equip epic. I guess I was wrong.

I thought there were more girls in my guild because there are characters with Angeleyez, Deathangelz, Softtouch, etc. for their names. No normal guy would name their characters like that. However, it happens that all these characters were made by the same girl and after counting up all the names, she owns a character of every single class except for a death knight and they are all between levels 70-80. Strange thing is, for every single class with a healing tree, she specced for it. This means she has a resto Druid and Shaman and a holy Priest and Paladin.

~Tsugomaru
When their heart is pierced by a bullet from a pistol...? No.
When they succumb to an incurable disease...? No.
When they drink soup made with a poisonous mushroom...? NO!!!
IT'S WHEN A PERSON IS FORGOTTEN...!!!
tsugomaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 09:23 PM   #562
devonin
Very Grave Indeed
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin

My guild is almost a 50/50 split male/female
devonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 09:26 PM   #563
devonin
Very Grave Indeed

Quote:
random npc's
Nice.
Old 02-28-2009, 09:55 PM   #564
Solid Dreams
FFR Player

Kinda funny, on my server at first all the druids are like HAHA WE HAVE MORE HEALTH AND AVOIDANCE WE R BETTUR TANKZ

But now that the PTR nerfed their stam (by 3 percent? or something, oh noez) they suddenly have sucky avoidance and low health. !

Quote:
You shouldn't talk down to people you don't know anything about, acting like you know more and then try to show them up in the forum. That's how you get absolutely no where.
Solid Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-1-2009, 12:03 AM   #565
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek

Another naxx run.

Two shoulder tokens dropped from Loatheb and there were only two warriors, one hunter, and two shaman(s?). 40% chance to get it, and I rolled the highest. I also rolled the highest against the other EleSham on some offspec gear, so out of sympathy (and somewhat lenient-yet-forceful raid rules on loot) I told him that if we decided to do patch and if he dropped the Ele totem, I'd let him have it. And it dropped. And I regrettably let him have it.

Oh well, these shoulders look so much better than my old ones (the ones I almost didn't get due to a ML error in Sarth-25). They were an ugly color and really small and the glowing effect wasn't symmetrical so it looked really weird. These new ones are beastly, especially on Tauren. Everything looks better on Tauren.

I was hoping I'd get the shoulders but at the same time not, since the leggings cost 20 more Valor tokens, which is a whole 'nother week or two of 25-man raids. I'm only at 40-something at this point too, so I'm looking at April if the token doesn't drop. By then 3.1 might be out and Valor tokens will hopefully be easier to get, or the t8 replacement will be easier to get.

Last edited by Squeek; 03-1-2009 at 12:07 AM..
Squeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-1-2009, 12:31 AM   #566
Tokzic
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Tokzic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsugomaru View Post
Strange thing is, for every single class with a healing tree, she specced for it.
that's because women are no good at fighting or video games and thus they are best when they sit very far from the fight

plus only having one button to push means they won't get overwhelmed by having to make choices, which women should never be allowed to do

Last edited by Tokzic: Today at 11:59 PM. Reason: wait what
Tokzic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-1-2009, 01:18 AM   #567
Izzy
Snek
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by devonin View Post
My guild is almost a 50/50 split male/female
you mean 50 % males 5% females and 45% males pretending to be females.
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-1-2009, 01:30 AM   #568
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
Vent removes suspicions of who is pretending and who actually is.
Old 03-1-2009, 02:20 AM   #569
tsugomaru
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to tsugomaru

Priests don't hit one button to heal. We'd suck at healing if we did.

~Tsugomaru
When their heart is pierced by a bullet from a pistol...? No.
When they succumb to an incurable disease...? No.
When they drink soup made with a poisonous mushroom...? NO!!!
IT'S WHEN A PERSON IS FORGOTTEN...!!!
tsugomaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-1-2009, 04:48 AM   #570
vpr0721
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to vpr0721 Send a message via MSN to vpr0721

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeek View Post
Vent removes suspicions of who is pretending and who actually is.
So true. Btw respecced survival... doing 500+ more dps o_O. And its so much funner, easier to own horde now too hehe. Sorry for all you hordies, which is prolly most of you lol. Been trying to get my guild to play the PTR so we could get the hang of the fights to possibly get world first... which is highly doubtful in a 4:1 server in favor of horde in which 4 horde guilds have downed the 3 drakes and we are "GOING" to do it Monday; will be first alliance guild to do it.

Ya i rambled on ^_^
Old 03-1-2009, 05:38 AM   #571
Solid Dreams
FFR Player

Told you, vpr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by idjit
that's because women are no good at fighting or video games and thus they are best when they sit very far from the fight

plus only having one button to push means they won't get overwhelmed by having to make choices, which women should never be allowed to do
I dunno, Syhto kicks my ass in Soul Calibur and shooting games. And she's playing a ret pally. And most healers that are girls I know suck.

What is with this though. Most healers I know that have a rogue alt have no idea how to heal OR dps. The only exclusion I've met so far is one of my guildies who works for Crystal Dynamic, and he hax because he's so good at all the classes that his level 39 hunter used to be the number 1 hunter on the server. Right now he's mad at me because I like him healing more than anybody other than our resto shaman.

Quote:
You shouldn't talk down to people you don't know anything about, acting like you know more and then try to show them up in the forum. That's how you get absolutely no where.

Last edited by Solid Dreams; 03-1-2009 at 05:43 AM..
Old 03-1-2009, 05:47 AM   #572
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean

oh man I cant believe I forgot there was a thread here

Quick question, folks, hopefully someone can give me a definitive answer: can this thing run in 16:9 aspect ratio? I'm considering giving this thing another shot, but if it can't do 16:9, I don't think I'll bother with it.
Old 03-1-2009, 07:04 AM   #573
Solid Dreams
FFR Player

It should run at the highest setting your video card allows.

Quote:
Old 03-1-2009, 07:23 AM   #574
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

WoW runs in 4:3, 16:9, and 16:10. Probably other sizes too.
Old 03-1-2009, 08:55 PM   #575
vpr0721
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to vpr0721 Send a message via MSN to vpr0721

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean View Post
oh man I cant believe I forgot there was a thread here

Quick question, folks, hopefully someone can give me a definitive answer: can this thing run in 16:9 aspect ratio? I'm considering giving this thing another shot, but if it can't do 16:9, I don't think I'll bother with it.
Ya runs on pretty much anything you can throw at it.
Old 03-1-2009, 08:57 PM   #576
devonin
Very Grave Indeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
There's not a single gender-bending person in our guild. As evidenced by vent conversations, picture posting threads, invitations to various facebooky-type things, and the fact that the guild also contains about 40% couples. To say nothing for the fact that every single person in our guild is a friend, or a friend's spouse/significant other/friend. Nobody was just recruited, everyone knows -someone-
Old 03-1-2009, 10:58 PM   #577
Solid Dreams
FFR Player

I hate warriors sometimes.

Valorous tanking set dropped.

I said "I'm going to take this if nobody cares, since I'm the only prot warrior."

One guy was like "I TANK ALL THE TIME I SHOULD GET TO ROLL."

He rolled higher than me and I had to give them to him. ;_;

Quote:
Old 03-2-2009, 06:49 AM   #578
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

I need advice.

How do you tell someone, in the kindest words possible, that they completely suck ass and should just give up?

My problem is that if I don't tell them or get hated by them in some way, they'll see me in LFM some time down the line and ask me to party again, and then assuming I remember who these idiots are, I'll have to come up with an on-the-spot excuse. Or worse, they'll think they're good and lead others down the path of destruction.

The way I do it now is to pull aggro a lot. Some tanks realize that I'm doing it and work harder. Others don't care. On the same token, I shouldn't have to stop DPS for ten goddamn seconds before every fight.

And oh man, the best part about these idiots is that they blame the healer every time too. Even when I'm the one intentionally making mistakes. Sometimes I even tell the tanks in advance "Hey, I'm going to pull aggro a ton of times if you're not careful. No, seriously. I will." I don't like being careful. If I have to sit on my ass for ten seconds before every encounter in a dungeon, I'd rather just not run the dungeon at all. Don't tell me you're just running it for the emblems when you're obviously not. People 'just running for emblems' are people who are geared. People who don't care what the hell the drops are, because they're running for emblems.

One thing I absolutely love about raids is that you're almost guaranteed to run with people who know what the hell they're doing. There's never a moment where I have to back off on DPS. I don't have to change my rotation to eliminate my only AOE (which is in the rotation solely to help the timing between big spells). Nope, I can just mash buttons. That's all the DPS is supposed to do, unless it's a special encounter.

I suppose I should start explaining. So I'm farming herbs and what I normally do when I'm farming herbs is to put up a LFG notice up: "DPS (EleSham) any heroic is fine" and sometimes what I'm saved to. My friend the Inscriptionist thinks he can make a ton of money during Darkmoon Faire by selling cards. He's not an Herbalist, and I'm currently the only one, and I enjoy farming, so in the end he says anything he sells, he'll split with me. The rare cards sell for about 1000G, and getting 500g just for giving him some herbs is a bargain. Northrend herbs sell for maybe 25g a stack on my server if you're lucky. I've actually never had anyone buy any stacks of herbs I've put on the AH at severely undercut prices. Anyway, the invite comes. "ugk?" comes the whisper. 'ugk?' I think to myself, 'what's ugk...? oh, utgard keep. got it.' Since it's one of the easier emblem-farming dungeons out there, I accept. The party has two people. These two people are the idiots.

Conversation starts light as he tries to find a healer and a tank (at six in the morning (yeah, he's not too bright)). It's not going well. I can't understand half of what they're saying because they cannot spell for ****. The DK seems to hate the idea of dual-specs despite just telling us he might re-spec Frost. I couldn't understand his argument because he couldn't spell. Eventually I let them know that I'm just going to be farming herbs until they get there. That's when conversation about Frost Lotus begins. Innocent enough, we discuss the drop rate and how it seems like it went down in 3.0.9 (I disagree though; I've picked enough herbs to have gather data supporting this claim as well. It is and has been for as long as I've been picking herbs, 5%). One of them mentions how he hasn't found a Frost Lotus in 3 hours of farming before, and I mention that I've found 5 in the time since he invited me into the party (about an hour at this point. I should've bailed loooong before, but it's early morning and I'm bored, so what the hell?)

It's at this point we learn the idiocy of these people outside of their inability to spell. The other person tells me she has over 50 stacks of frost lotus. That's over 1,000 Frost Lotus. It's at this point that I tell her I think she's a liar. I have four stacks myself, but I'm an alchemist and I use it. I've been herbing long enough to know how ridiculously annoying it is to get just one stack of Frost Lotus. It takes about 6 hours of farming to do. Then she tells me it's no big deal as she has five level 80s and they're all Herbalists. Now it's at this point that I've labeled the DK as a moron and the Warlock as a dumbass and a liar. I cannot even begin to imagine why you would need more than one Herbalist, unless your 2nd one is a Druid since they're the best (but then you could just learn a new prof on the first one...). Professions with cooldowns, I can MAYBE see why you'd want multiple. Not Herbalism.

They finally get a healer and another DPS as the DK respecced to Frost (paying to respec and revert after the dungeon despite being against dual-specs... again, these people are idiots). I know the healer as I've run with her before. She's awesome and has a great name, which I won't mention. It's pretty clear right from the start that we're going to have issues. The DPS we get to join tells us he's never run UK before. Really? Not once? Not even on regular? Wow. These people really need to run regular dungeons before they start Heroics. Just because you're 80 doesn't mean you can take Heroics. I'll admit I only ran a handful of regular dungeons before I started in Heroics, but that's because I had a geared guild run me through everything. And because I'm not a moron.

So we begin. Utgarde Keep (or as the DK called it while looking for more, ugart). There are two basic enemies at the top of the stairs. The DK drops his D&D and then uses Death Grip. I see him finish and then begin my rotation. I instantly pull aggro. I stop attacking and wait a few seconds, then attack again. Now first of all, that first guy would normally be dead in a Heroic. He was at half health after 15 seconds. Really quite sad. So I resume attacking after having waited. I pulled aggro again and just let him attack me as he was almost dead by that point. Then they moved onto the second enemy and began attacking it. I sat out. At 70%, I started attacking and got aggro within a few seconds. So I pulled aggro three times after waiting three times on regular mobs. Yeah. I was having a private conversation with the healer (again, the smart one who I knew) about just how bad we thought this would turn out. By the third pack of mobs, I managed to pull aggro by so far that he couldn't even get the add off of me. I died, but saw it coming from a mile away and just laughed rather than try to care. We get to the dragon rooms. They're fighting some dragons and they keep getting blown back. You'd think they'd use this knowledge wisely when fighting near a mob they don't want to aggro. Nope. Blown right into another pack. Absolutely genius. We all die. Total count of aggro for 6 packs of mobs: 15. By the last mob, I pulled a /sleep and didn't move for ten seconds. I used the stopwatch. Ten seconds. I pulled aggro.

The healer fakes a disconnect and I petition for a quit. Some idiot actually asked for the recount data, so I happily supplied it. Squeek, the guy who ****ing sat on the floor before every fight, had 2,800. #2 and #3 combined did not meet this number. The tank was in the triple digits. While the healer's gone, they blame her for their deaths, obviously. Why not? She's not there to tell them they're morons.

And again, I know a lot of my posts are pessimistic but you don't want to have me post every time I finish a run without anything stupid happening, right? That's boring. The reason I post these stories of idiots being stupid is because they're interesting, and the latter really isn't.

Last edited by Squeek; 03-2-2009 at 09:31 AM..
Old 03-2-2009, 07:24 AM   #579
Solid Dreams
FFR Player

You can't really tell someone they suck because it's like they revert to being 10 again: "What?! No I don't, it's YOU who sucks!"

That being said, when I pug I like to either be in charge or with a friend who is in charge.

Simply to avoid idiots like that. It's the same reason I started tanking, I trust my style of tanking and until I have a Frost DK and an undead DK in the same group, I have no problems with aggro. Even then, all it takes is a taunt and I'm back in business. Never a "Stop dpsing, stop OTing, we have to let me build aggro!"

It makes me wish I remembered the name of the mod that lets you put notes on people.

Quote:
Old 03-2-2009, 09:01 AM   #580
Gun92
The Paragon of Perfection
FFR Veteran

Squeek, I really do enjoy reading your stories. I feel bad for the sheer amount of morons you come across, but its almost always a good read.
Gun92 is offline   Reply With Quote