Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 06-4-2017, 05:50 PM   #421
Apple
FFR Player

Default Re: TWG CLXVIII: Capitalism [Game Thread]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shell View Post
Why the heck would a potential wolf be worried about being wrong?

They already know who's who, excluding the jerk that comes to infiltrate companies.

Why the heck would they ever be worried about being wrong?
They can be when it's an excuse to say nothing, and thus be wrong about nothing.
Old 06-4-2017, 05:50 PM   #422
Shell
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visa View Post
arent we not allowed to talk about replacing
Nah, don't fret. It's perfectly legal.

Old 06-4-2017, 05:51 PM   #423
Apple
FFR Player

Quote:
Also, talk about spoiling an identity, you're assuming IBM is the one that got replaced. Is that not spoiling something?

Not where I was going with that comment. See my response to Facebook.
Old 06-4-2017, 05:51 PM   #424
Toyota
FFR Player

Greetings, babes. My internet has been out... for the better majority of the day.

I'm tunneling on Visa for now, because they're the biggest... presence, in my mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walmart View Post
I feel like I know who Visa is but I won't be basing my read on them with meta. The comment they made about universally townread pretty much told me who it was, it's pretty consistent with their usual playstyle. I wouldn't be too worried about it atm Starbucks in terms of lynch priority.
I don't like this. I don't like the whole Visa aiming... for a meta read in the first place, and this paints you in shades of a similar colour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbucks View Post
fwiw this looks good on you in a strange kind of way
I want to... hear more about this please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple View Post
What have you got against Alibaba Group?

I noticed your earlier post calling out their verbosity-to-content ratio, but I disagree there. I think they're using many words to say many things, rather than few. One of the posts you cited is also a general clustering of thoughts that gives several reads. I wouldn't call that a waste.
I wasn't able to get a lot from... the posts, and it did seem like a pseudo effortpost.

#367 is the biggest... red mark in the game for me right now, and considering it's from visa, it really doesn't make me feel good about them.

I'm open... to considering other options for now, though.
Old 06-4-2017, 05:53 PM   #425
Toyota
FFR Player

I missed some things in writing that, I lost... connection mid-way through writing it, and just copy pasted what I had.

I'll look over the last page to be more up... to date.
Old 06-4-2017, 05:54 PM   #426
Shell
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyota View Post
#367 is the biggest... red mark in the game for me right now, and considering it's from visa, it really doesn't make me feel good about them.
Is there something hidden in that post you don't specifically like? I saw visa was mad about the formatting and so... made an edit of the OP in a post.

What's wrong with it?

Old 06-4-2017, 05:54 PM   #427
Apple
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wells Fargo View Post
I mean I think you are more town than wolf, but you're the type to go deep, I think. Putting me there makes me uneasy about you.
It's understandable, but that's really where I am at.

Agreement is a powerful tool for consensus building, and I think fearing agreement will not help us.
Old 06-4-2017, 05:56 PM   #428
Apple
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Facebook View Post
Hmmm.... so you think walmart and wells fargo are vverevvolves?
Also, for the record, I'm focus-grouping the acronyms "Very Villagers" and "Wrobably Wolves".
Old 06-4-2017, 05:58 PM   #429
Shell
FFR Player

...I suddenly realize there was an actual reads list there at the bottom.

Wow.

Old 06-4-2017, 05:59 PM   #430
Shell
FFR Player

Other than a no info reads lists, there a read there than you don't favor?

Or is it just because of the lack of reasons?

Old 06-4-2017, 06:00 PM   #431
Visa
FFR Player

Quote:
...I suddenly realize there was an actual reads list there at the bottom.

Wow.

anytime i need the player list im going to copy paste the op edited the way its supposed to look as well

and the reads list generated some activity so its done its purpose imo
Old 06-4-2017, 06:01 PM   #432
Toyota
FFR Player

Quote:
V
Visa. I think all of Visa's posts can exist in the same universe and I don't understand the case several are making against them. Probably my lightest V read, because them treating people recognizing their meta like an expectation is not great for an anon game.
Yeah you're gonna need to give me more... on that.

Quote:
V
Alibaba Group has given a number of reads and thoughts in rather few posts which I like. I only wish their time allowed for interacting with both their town core and their suspicions.
I don't understand why you're so quick... to write off Alibaba like that, but it does seem I'm an outlier in my perception of them.

Quote:
W
Shell. This is newer, and the one potential association I can see right now. Shell presented a case they considered enough to vote Toyota after they'd previously posted that Toyota seemed fine, but then unvoted after what I consider a minor correction to their case. It's a case I would have called good enough for a first day, as well, and Toyota hasn't posted themselves out of that hole. They've also raised an issue with Disney but it hasn't seemed to stick. Even with Shell's thread presence, I can't tell where they sit on things, since they seem more inclined to opportunism and seizing posts in the moment.
This is an interesting... thing to point out, and something I didn't consider. Shell wouldn't be top... priority for me either way I think.

Quote:
WW
McDonalds. They're focused on Amazon, whose posts make sense to me, to a point beyond just not recognizing "wolfy punctuation" as a stylistic meme. Not a fan of their votes on Visa and their about-face on Toyota (similar to what Shell did, but in the opposite direction) from earlier.
[/quote]

Also interesting, I didn't very much... like McDonalds in the first place due to earlier wolf suspicions, and this might confirm what was largely a one-off to me. Let me... think about this more, too.
Old 06-4-2017, 06:03 PM   #433
GE
FFR Player

Quote:
Hm?
You have 19 people; 19 already placed? Are you serious? Could you of spewed more nonsense?

All the post was from my point of view is distancing and pocketing and "hey look I'm town, look at me help.".
Old 06-4-2017, 06:04 PM   #434
Toyota
FFR Player

Quote:
Is there something hidden in that post you don't specifically like? I saw visa was mad about the formatting and so... made an edit of the OP in a post.

What's wrong with it?

It was largely... the reads list. I'm not particularly fond of Visa anyways, and that just... pushed me to write the red name down.
Old 06-4-2017, 06:07 PM   #435
Visa
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by GE View Post
You have 19 people; 19 already placed? Are you serious? Could you of spewed more nonsense?

All the post was from my point of view is distancing and pocketing and "hey look I'm town, look at me help.".
its not that hard to have reads on nearly every or every player day 1

yeah there are a lot of inactive players this game so the reads on those players arent always wellinformed but theyre still reads
Old 06-4-2017, 06:10 PM   #436
Apple
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyota View Post
Yeah you're gonna need to give me more... on that.
I think I'll focus on Starbucks' case on Visa as I do this, since I've expressed disagreement but never elaborated.

Starbucks posted that a ping-out post from Visa and a post saying that speculating on the number of wolves was not a dumbtell attempt, as well as some others, belied Visa's supposed inexperience with TWG. (Inexperience may not be the correct word to use.) They cited posts from Visa asking about the mechanics of the game and how many wolves there were.

It's highly connected to who I believe Visa is (and yes, impersonation can happen), but those questions about the game fit them. For the rest, Visa has expressed displeasure at the pace of the game even as people sit in thread and could be contributing. That does not raise an issue for me.

And as said, I believe their reads list is an opportunity to at least generate interactions. Asking about Visa's reads would be more useful than wolf reading them for the existence of the list right now.
Old 06-4-2017, 06:13 PM   #437
Apple
FFR Player

Quote:

There are 19 other people in the game than myself. I'm trying to force myself not to have a huge pile of null reads.

I encourage you to point out what looks like distancing or pocketing to you.
Old 06-4-2017, 06:13 PM   #438
GE
FFR Player

It's wolf behavior to have a full reads list like that on the first day.
Old 06-4-2017, 06:14 PM   #439
IBM
FFR Player

Consulting with my advisory board on whether on not to use a gimmick when posting. I am here and aware of the going ons though.

-Ginni Rometty
Old 06-4-2017, 06:22 PM   #440
Visa
FFR Player

Quote:
It's wolf behavior to have a full reads list like that on the first day.
i disagree its not something that lends toward a particular alignment inherently tho intent behind reads list could be read wolfy/towny
Closed Thread