Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR Events > Tournaments
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2008, 01:59 PM   #2341
PuRoDoMiNiCaNo
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to PuRoDoMiNiCaNo Send a message via MSN to PuRoDoMiNiCaNo Send a message via Yahoo to PuRoDoMiNiCaNo
Default Re: 2nd Unofficial FFR Tournament - Round 1!

yay me...

Old 09-15-2008, 02:06 PM   #2342
HK_pjpaveloffga
FFR Player

This is gewd right?

Last edited by HK_pjpaveloffga; 09-15-2008 at 02:19 PM..
Old 09-15-2008, 02:09 PM   #2343
PuRoDoMiNiCaNo
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to PuRoDoMiNiCaNo Send a message via MSN to PuRoDoMiNiCaNo Send a message via Yahoo to PuRoDoMiNiCaNo

^^^^^ sexiest score in the world
Old 09-15-2008, 02:43 PM   #2344
MystictheHedgehog
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Improvement, yay! This should get me to the next round now.
Old 09-15-2008, 02:50 PM   #2345
FN_Boski
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

i know this was late in my message (like 4-5 days ago when i posted meh score lol) but did anyone else notice that that song had weird timing? or was it just meh? idk... but it took me like over 100 times to AAA it >_<
Old 09-15-2008, 03:15 PM   #2346
foilman8805
smoke wheat hail satin
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shortboyownz View Post
Wow hey super you needa stop picking on Brian man ive known this guy for a while now and hes a good friend we even got drunk on my b-day lol but he has only been tring to get better at this bastard game and as u can see i support him we have almost same ranks and achievements because we started out at the same time we both are tring so hard to be gods at this game without cheating (i got blacklisted long time ago too) and getting to 1,000 rank in a week or two is pretty good for both of us we are progressing really fast and we have dedication so please dont ridicule us because we might make you bite your own tounge and a couple of weeks if we get better.
That will be all, Sincerely, Shortboy!
Holyyyyy ****.

Have you ever heard of a ****ing period? Jesus Christ, do they just not teach grammar in school anymore, or do you just not know anything?

Sorry if I seem a little brash, but your post was pretty much out of line and unnecessary. No one is ridiculing Brian as far as I can tell.

What people are trying to say is that though he feels he has been misplaced in Intermediate, he does not belong in Beginner because he would probably win that division, or at least do very, very well just by his own innate ability, not by how much he has improved over the course of the tournament.

People are always under the misconception that they are going to be the best in the division and that their skill level should be the borderline between the next division and the lower one. This is not correct.

I understand it's natural to be competitive, and we all want to win, but if you've been placed in a higher division and Phynx doesn't move you, then you need to deal with it. Play in the division, or just don't submit. I got put in Expert for the Official Tournament when I had less than a dozen Challenging AAAs. I was miffed, but I just didn't submit. No big deal in all honesty.

All judgment lies in the hands of the tournament creator, so what he says is final. You guys seem to think that incessant nagging and bitching will get you your way, and I don't think y'all see that it won't. At this point, people can't be switching divisions because many people have submitted and the round is more than halfway over.

EDIT: It can't be said any better than this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldspark View Post
We should probably just accept that the lower divisions of these things will more often that not be won by someone who has been misplaced, or some degenerate who's trying to hide their true skill level.

I was referring to passivegirl earlier and I don't think it matters whether she took 5 or 50 attempts to AAA them, when I wouldn't be able to AAA most of those songs if I tried 1,000 times.
Misplacement goes both ways. Sometimes you get lucky, and sometimes you get the shaft.

Last edited by foilman8805; 09-15-2008 at 05:37 PM..
Old 09-15-2008, 03:35 PM   #2347
fitycent50
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

http://s300.photobucket.com/albums/n...nt=SYiNC-1.jpg

This should have only been 1 good but the fan blowing in my face was starting to burn my eyes >:O
Old 09-15-2008, 03:35 PM   #2348
kmay
Don't forget me
FFR Veteran

yay now im sure ill make it to next round.
Old 09-15-2008, 04:17 PM   #2349
Masquerade of Shadow
They/Them causing May/Hem
FFR Veteran

Holy **** i haven't played in so long. My lazy ass used too pull 95% on this song at the arcade on expert. I have got to start playing again, lol:P
But Counter Strike:Source is so addicting...i think i will have another few dozen bags of ramen... lol.
Old 09-15-2008, 04:22 PM   #2350
Black Yoshi
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Black Yoshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by HK_pjpaveloffga View Post
This is gewd right?
yup.

ver good.

C:
Holy ****ing ****balls ****-**** son of a mother****ing ****tastic dump**** ****ing **** hippopotamus ****-dancing bull**** leprechaun-smashing ****-nipples ****-****ing panda-****ing mellow-****ing-yellow ****-eating ****-jumping Jesus Christ Superstar on a pogo stick.

HAHAHA XD I do n_n XDDDD

:O
Old 09-15-2008, 04:48 PM   #2351
Superfreak04
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Well if all that is true, it makes me laugh in a way. You guys were cheating... on a flash game..... Anyways. I don't know why people are complaining about spots. I got put into Master's. Do you really think I'm gonna win? No, it would take year's of practice to be better than the real Master's. So I think no one should be complaining about anyone. If that's were they are placed, so be it, shush and play the game.
Old 09-15-2008, 04:58 PM   #2352
Sir_Thomas
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by foilman8805 View Post
Holyyyyy ****.

Have you ever heard of a ****ing period? Jesus Christ, do they just not teach grammar in school anymore, or do you just not know anything?

Sorry if I seem a little brash, but your post was pretty much out of line and unnecessary. No one is ridiculing Brian as far as I can tell.

What people are trying to say is that though he feels he has been misplaced in Intermediate, he does not belong in Beginner because he would probably win that division, or at least do very, very well just by his own innate ability, not by how much he has improved over the course of the tournament.

People are always under the misconception that they are going to be the best in the division and that their skill level should be the borderline between the next division and the lower one. This is not correct.

I understand it's natural to be competitive, and we all want to win, but if you've been placed in a higher division and Phynx doesn't move you, then you need to deal with it. Play in the division, or just don't submit. I got put in Masters for the Official Tournament when I had less than a dozen Challenging AAAs. I was miffed, but I just didn't submit. No big deal in all honesty.

All judgment lies in the hands of the tournament creator, so what he says is final. You guys seem to think that incessant nagging and bitching will get you your way, and I don't think y'all see that it won't. At this point, people can't be switching divisions because many people have submitted and the round is more than halfway over.

EDIT: It can't be said any better than this:

Misplacement goes both ways. Sometimes you get lucky, and sometimes you get the shaft.

She wasnt misplaced then, you were.
Most people in that division can AAA some challenging songs.. If you can't; you were misplaced.

The thing is, there is going to be a skill gap between the lowest of the division and the highest of the divisions.. otherwise we would have 20 divisions and it turn into a bunch of '1 Vs. 1' matches. That means you have to try harder, and she doesnt. That sucks, but thats how it is.
Old 09-15-2008, 05:16 PM   #2353
-zeroSKILL-
Fuc Da Police
FFR Veteran

Location: It's grossly inappropriate and borderline bannable. --Guido
Send a message via AIM to -zeroSKILL-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phynx View Post
Brian, you're staying. End of discussion. Quit ranting or you'll be DQ'd.
lmao Jordan :P

If I wanted to continue ranting I would've pursued it in VC last night. I've come to terms with my fate =]. rofl

The post you quoted me on wasn't even a rant post. Someone just explained perfectly to Superfreak who I was, why I did so well in Advanced, etc. I thought it would make sense to him after reading that, that I'm not really as good as he thought.

I do apologize for the constant bit*hing I was doing earlier.

Sorry Jordan! <3 <3

PS
DQ me if you want... I'll still rape this tournament xD!
:P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shortboyownz View Post
Words
Oliver, I can handle myself :P.

I'm just gonna have to take Scott's word for it, and wait for my skill level to just 'explode' o.O.

Taking training advice from scottish, DarknessXoXLight (Maggie <3), and EAGAMES. Hope they're advice will help :/. Almost AAA'ed Victims and Martyrs last night... 957 combo, then a random boo with autofail on AAA = failure D:

Quote:
More words
I didn't see anyone ridiculing me either =/.

And I'm not bit*hing any more =.=

Not about my placement at least. There are a few who are clearly Advanced material though. Please review passivegirl's level stats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfreak04 View Post
Well if all that is true, it makes me laugh in a way. You guys were cheating... on a flash game..... Anyways. I don't know why people are complaining about spots. I got put into Master's. Do you really think I'm gonna win? No, it would take year's of practice to be better than the real Master's. So I think no one should be complaining about anyone. If that's were they are placed, so be it, shush and play the game.
I cheated because I felt horribly mis-placed. People tend to think I'm good because I whore songs for the AAA. Check my games played, to FC's to AAA's. The stats suck. I also had a sh*t ton of TP's on Brian iPwn because I can FC almost any song by button mashing. Rank 64 on Almost There wut?

And I am playing the game now. A lot. Way more than I should. Just so I have a chance at winning this damn thing xD.

/rant etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by duddychuck@yahoo.com View Post
God is a ******. Go away Jesus freak and read the bible --->
Old 09-15-2008, 05:22 PM   #2354
Nightfirecat
...back from the dead.
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Nightfirecat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Yoshi View Post
yup.

ver good.

C:
C-c-c-combo breaker!

Quote:
Originally Posted by -zeroSKILL- View Post
lmao Jordan :P
Lol, totally thought you were talking to me for a sec >.>

[My Profile] | [My Music] | [Play FFR] | [My Photobucket] | [My DeviantArt]

AAAs: 210 (186+7+17)
Best AAAs: Vertex BETA, Fighting for Control, Nova Pulser
Recent AAAs: {Firestorm}, Dazzling Destiny, Hellbeat v2p

2nd place in 3rd Official Tournament
1st place in Jugglin/Jteh's 1st Tournament
Old 09-15-2008, 05:29 PM   #2355
foilman8805
smoke wheat hail satin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_Thomas View Post
She wasnt misplaced then, you were.
Most people in that division can AAA some challenging songs.. If you can't; you were misplaced.
You should be talking to -zeroSKILL- about the misplacement because he is the one who got put in Intermediate when he thinks he belongs in Beginner, and holds the opinion that passivegirl is Advanced material (I agree with him on this one).

I'm fine where I am in Advanced. I know there are people worse than me, and there are people better than me in this division. I was just referring to the FFR Official Tournament where I was misplaced in Expert, and I gave myself two choices: play, or don't submit. I chose to not submit, and I didn't raise a whole lot of hell either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_Thomas View Post
The thing is, there is going to be a skill gap between the lowest of the division and the highest of the divisions.. otherwise we would have 20 divisions and it turn into a bunch of '1 Vs. 1' matches. That means you have to try harder, and she doesnt. That sucks, but thats how it is.
Once again, I don't think you realize who I was talking to. My post wasn't about me. -zeroSKILL- is the one who got the shaft, not me.

Last edited by foilman8805; 09-15-2008 at 05:36 PM..
Old 09-15-2008, 05:42 PM   #2356
kmay
Don't forget me
FFR Veteran

ok theres always people that are going to be better then you. i think being placed in a division that you think is too high for you should urge you to do better then you think you can if someone thinks you can do it then you should too.
Old 09-15-2008, 05:48 PM   #2357
Devilution
doin' just fine
FFR Veteran

Quote:
You should be talking to -zeroSKILL- about the misplacement because he is the one who got put in Intermediate when he thinks he belongs in Beginner, and holds the opinion that passivegirl is Advanced material (I agree with him on this one).

I'm fine where I am in Advanced. I know there are people worse than me, and there are people better than me in this division. I was just referring to the FFR Official Tournament where I was misplaced in Expert, and I gave myself two choices: play, or don't submit. I chose to not submit, and I didn't raise a whole lot of hell either.

Once again, I don't think you realize who I was talking to. My post wasn't about me. -zeroSKILL- is the one who got the shaft, not me.
Average rank 411 in a division with some people who are struggling to FC Utopia. Seems fair.

But at least it was a free tournament to participate in with HUGE prizes so I think everyone should be thankful for that.
Old 09-15-2008, 05:50 PM   #2358
-zeroSKILL-
Fuc Da Police
FFR Veteran

Quote:

I'm done bit*hing >.>

I have improved a hell of a lot on Utopia since this thing started. My first run was a 97-4-3-8 494c U.U''

I'm proud as hell of my 12-0-0-1 on it. Always get the damn boo right around the 205 combo. Awkward pattern. Can't make my fingers do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmay View Post
ok theres always people that are going to be better then you. i think being placed in a division that you think is too high for you should urge you to do better then you think you can if someone thinks you can do it then you should too.
Yup. See above =P

Quote:
Old 09-15-2008, 05:55 PM   #2359
foilman8805
smoke wheat hail satin

Quote:
Originally Posted by -zeroSKILL- View Post
I have improved a hell of a lot on Utopia since this thing started. My first run was a 97-4-3-8 494c U.U''

I'm proud as hell of my 12-0-0-1 on it. Always get the damn boo right around the 205 combo. Awkward pattern. Can't make my fingers do it.
Still, going from a 494c with bad PA to a 12-0-0-1 is fantastic. I think you really belong in Intermediate, and you're showing everyone that you do with that kind of improvement.

I never really said you were bitching either, just what your opinion was. Sorry if it seemed like I was accusing you of that. :/
Old 09-15-2008, 06:08 PM   #2360
-zeroSKILL-
Fuc Da Police
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Still, going from a 494c with bad PA to a 12-0-0-1 is fantastic. I think you really belong in Intermediate, and you're showing everyone that you do with that kind of improvement.

I never really said you were bitching either, just what your opinion was. Sorry if it seemed like I was accusing you of that. :/
Yeah, I realized I belonged in Intermediate two days ago when I got bored as hell and was gonna go through the Inter's and Beginner players level stats to show I was misplaced. I got like 10 people in and was like "oshi..." rofl.

I still have to whore the hell out of songs to do well though. I mean, with a 12 good almost clean FC you'd think I could FC Utopia no problem. Not the case. Still lucky to FC. Hell, most of my plays still give a Good count in the high 20's or low 30's plus an average and boo or two. (damn that pattern at 205 -.-... left, down, left, up, down, right. I read L, D, L, D, U, R ;_; )

And no problem Erich. Still one of my favorite people in the Forums.
<3

Quote:
Closed Thread