izzy plays wow on a private server that just sets him to level cap lmao
will probably install today after work
choof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 04:49 AM   #42
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: Blade & Soul

I'm updating atm. Always looking for a game to just sink some random hours into when the boredom sets in.

Anyone got a good recommendation for class for someone who will (most likely) play by them self?

Last edited by XelNya; 01-28-2016 at 04:49 AM..
XelNya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 06:56 AM   #43
YoshL
Celestial Harbor
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to YoshL Send a message via MSN to YoshL Send a message via Skype™ to YoshL

btw, elite ninja has a character on iksanun called "xelnya" already, sorry middie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
Only yours, for an easy price of $19.99! You too can experience the wonders of full motion rump sticking.
YoshL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 09:25 AM   #44
Izzy
Snek

Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
izzy plays wow on a private server that just sets him to level cap lmao
will probably install today after work
I'd honestly suggest not playing this game because it is actually bad in all regards, but feel free to waste your time I guess.

I'd recommend Tera for an action rpg despite its problems. The pvp was terrible, but that is a fun game to play with friends. Plenty of pve content.

Also, molten-wow has a lot of issues, but it doesn't set you to level cap "lmao".

Last edited by Izzy; 01-28-2016 at 09:29 AM..
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 11:00 AM   #45
YoshL
Celestial Harbor

Send a message via AIM to YoshL Send a message via MSN to YoshL Send a message via Skype™ to YoshL

i mean, you've called it bad, but can you like, elaborate just a little bit on your opinion? It's one thing to say "don't play the game, there's like, x, y, and z wrong with it", but a completely different thing to say "i got to level 3 and think this game is bad, so therefore you shouldn't play it either"

Quote:
Only yours, for an easy price of $19.99! You too can experience the wonders of full motion rump sticking.
Old 01-28-2016, 12:13 PM   #46
Izzy
Snek

Huge class imbalances, constant gold spamming, pay to win, broken drop rates on required quests, absurd economy (impossible to buy simple vendor items).

Overall gameplay is not very polished. It could get better, but the whole thing feels too much like a cash grab on sex appeal.
Old 01-28-2016, 12:35 PM   #47
YoshL
Celestial Harbor

i don't really think it's pay to win at all - you get tons of materials from the surveys and the amount of keys that you can get from doing dailies is pretty astounding as well. I personally disagree with the pay to win, because it's more like "pay to win faster".

In terms of economy, you're not really supposed to be buying from the npcs, because their prices are stupid high, and your stuff sells for stupid low. However, endgame it seems like your gold income is actually fairly reasonable for how marketplace prices are. Also, given that the game literally just came out, the economy being unstable and overpriced is understandable, because prices are still fluctuating and settling all over the place.

Also, sex appeal is ??? because later on, many of the outfits that you can get from doing field bosses are like 20x better than the cash shop outfits. The outfits don't even give extra stats either, and are entirely cosmetic so /shrug/

There's never really any farming for any weapons and upgrades, because the best set of accessories/weapon is given to you, it's just a matter of feeding it enough materials until it reaches its cap, then getting the correct item to breakthrough/transform so you can continue to level it up.

L.B.D.D. or whoever said it earlier said it well - it's just time that you need to get to endgame and to start all that other stuff. They give out a lot with the daily dash and surveys so you never feel like you're stuck in progression (until you hit level 40 and find that one of the evo mats for your weapon costs like 7 gold on the marketplace fml) but even then i'm not having much trouble solo-ing out in the field.

D_C and I tackled the big end of act 1 dungeon as a duo, and encountered a hard as fuq dungeon that we somehow miraculously beat. It's one of the best experiences i've ever had playing an MMO, discovering the boss attack patterns and working around them to not keep dying. It took us around an hour to get through that, as opposed to like a 7 minute run that a party of 6 could have probably done.

Quote:
Old 01-28-2016, 12:46 PM   #48
Xayphon
sausage
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

just tell me how much of the game (aside from item drops obv) contains RNG and I'll give it a try

Ive had bad experiences with ridiculous RNG elements implemented in weapon enhancement systems and the like that really got me frustrated and I want to make sure I dont waste time trying this when at the end maxing out your gear depends on anti proportional success rates vs. exponentially increasing amounts of materials needed to even attempt enhancement

gw2 is the only game I've enjoyed all the way to end game pve + pvp so far so let's see if this game can become the second
Xayphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 12:51 PM   #49
YoshL
Celestial Harbor

In terms of RNG, the drop rates (so far, i'm level 40 out of the 45 cap) have been beautiful. One run of a dungeon that you need a set of accessories (ring, earring, necklace) to upgrade your given accessory set will usually drop everything in every run (it's just a matter of bidding and actually getting those items instead of other people in your party). The biggest set of rng is the wheels, which are still really fine. You defeat field bosses which can yield like 1-5 stones, and for each stone, you can spin a wheel of fate. The wheel can either give you a pack of armor pieces, a weapon box, or an outfit box.

Weapon boxes are the biggest piece of rng, in that they contain 1 weapon of a random class. You can potentially waste a bunch of keys on this (keys are farmable daily though in the last section, and you get a butt ton from surveys and such) but that's like, the biggest extent for rng.

From what I understand, the best equipment and stuff can all be obtained through crafting, and it's just a very long process, rather than a "I'm going to grind this dungeon 1000 times in hopes for a heroic drop with good stats" or something.

Quote:
Old 01-28-2016, 12:59 PM   #50
Xayphon
sausage

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoshL View Post
In terms of RNG, the drop rates (so far, i'm level 40 out of the 45 cap) have been beautiful. One run of a dungeon that you need a set of accessories (ring, earring, necklace) to upgrade your given accessory set will usually drop everything in every run (it's just a matter of bidding and actually getting those items instead of other people in your party).
what do you mean by that?

Quote:
The biggest set of rng is the wheels, which are still really fine. You defeat field bosses which can yield like 1-5 stones, and for each stone, you can spin a wheel of fate. The wheel can either give you a pack of armor pieces, a weapon box, or an outfit box. Weapon boxes are the biggest piece of rng, in that they contain 1 weapon of a random class. You can potentially waste a bunch of keys on this (keys are farmable daily though in the last section, and you get a butt ton from surveys and such) but that's like, the biggest extent for rng.
as long as these weapons aren't part of some recipee required to craft a really good weapon (coming from gw2, crafting a legendary weapon requires a specific weapon that has like a .000001% chance to drop; I've been playing for over 1500 hours and I haven't dropped a single one) this doesn't sound too intimidating... getting good weapons for classes other than yours is fairly normal I guess and I can totally live with that if I'm able to sell it somewhere for a good price (sun)

Quote:
From what I understand, the best equipment and stuff can all be obtained through crafting, and it's just a very long process, rather than a "I'm going to grind this dungeon 1000 times in hopes for a heroic drop with good stats" or something.
I hope this process still contains playing a good amount of group/solo content or else I'm gonna be bored really quick

edit: downloading patch rn

Last edited by Xayphon; 01-28-2016 at 01:04 PM..
Old 01-28-2016, 01:07 PM   #51
YoshL
Celestial Harbor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xayphon View Post
what do you mean by that?
when you're in a party, and drops of a certain rarity or higher occur, you bid for the item, highest bidder will get the item, and the rest of the party will get the distributed money that was bid. This is more of a factor when you do something like party finder or cross-server dungeon party finding (actually pretty useful)

Quote:
as long as these weapons aren't part of some recipee required to craft a really good weapon (coming from gw2, crafting a legendary weapon requires a specific weapon that has like a .000001% chance to drop; I've been playing for over 1500 hours and I haven't dropped a single one) this doesn't sound too intimidating... getting good weapons for classes other than yours is fairly normal I guess and I can totally live with that if I'm able to sell it somewhere for a good price (sun)
your weapon you get at the beginning i think is literally the best weapon after upgrading it. again, most of the weps that are needed to breakthrough and transform your weapon are through the weapon boxes, which is just, use a key and hope that it's your class's weapon that appears. if not, get more weapon boxes. It's nowhere near that amount of rng that you're talking about.

Quote:
I hope this process still contains playing a good amount of group/solo content or else I'm gonna be bored really quick
there's quite alot, i'm looking forwards to when people actually start hitting end-game in TC Halogen and can actually start to do crafting towards some end game stuff (which i still don't really know too much about). And even then, they haven't released the level cap update to 50 along with the hidden skills that you can learn, etc. etc.

edit - EN correct me if i'm wrong about things lol

Quote:

Last edited by YoshL; 01-28-2016 at 01:08 PM..
Old 01-28-2016, 01:08 PM   #52
choof
Banned
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
when you're in a party, and drops of a certain rarity or higher occur, you bid for the item, highest bidder will get the item, and the rest of the party will get the distributed money that was bid. This is more of a factor when you do something like party finder or cross-server dungeon party finding (actually pretty useful)
next question is "can you buy in-game currency using real money"
Old 01-28-2016, 01:16 PM   #53
Elite Ninja
Kawaii Desu
Difficulty Consulting Cat
Difficulty ConsultantFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
next question is "can you buy in-game currency using real money"
Currently there is no currency exchange in the game because of how the economy is still adjusting right now but they said that it will be added in at a later time. Also there is another method of obtaining items from the cash shop without actually paying any cash and that is by getting Hongmoon Coins which can be gotten in-game but I'm not sure what the most valid ways of getting them are yet or if it will change when level 50 content comes. I know you can get it from daily dash and rng chance from daily quest boxes.

Last edited by Elite Ninja; 01-28-2016 at 01:18 PM..
Elite Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 01:17 PM   #54
YoshL
Celestial Harbor

#!$$@@@Https://gold4 gAMe.coc - Buy Gold low PRICES0***& !!1!! Hour Delivery guaARANTEEDD!###@@!

Quote:
Old 01-28-2016, 01:19 PM   #55
choof
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite Ninja View Post
Currently there is no currency exchange in the game because of how the economy is still adjusting right now but they said that it will be added in at a later time. Also there is another method of obtaining items from the cash shop without actually paying any cash and that is by getting Hongmoon Coins which can be gotten in-game but I'm not sure what the most valid ways of getting them are yet or if it will change when level 50 content comes. I know you can get it from daily dash and rng chance from daily quest boxes.
so it's eventually going to be pay 2 win
I'll pass, sorry
Old 01-28-2016, 01:20 PM   #56
Elite Ninja
Kawaii Desu
Difficulty Consulting Cat
Difficulty ConsultantFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
your weapon you get at the beginning i think is literally the best weapon after upgrading it.
Yes it is the best weapon you have when upgrading it through leveling and at level 45. That will change when level 50 content comes out though I think.

Quote:
I'll pass, sorry
Eh I'm not sure if it will make the game pay 2 win at all. Just pay 2 win faster only. I mean Tera is the same way with how you can sell EMP bought items to people for gold and then buy the gear in game with that gold and I run into those people all the time and they suck ass at the game. Tera isn't pay 2 win at all and Blade and Soul might be the same way.

Last edited by Elite Ninja; 01-28-2016 at 01:28 PM..
Elite Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 01:25 PM   #57
Xayphon
sausage

Quote:
this sounds unique, but it irks me a bit

probably less of a problem factor when I play with you guys, but with random people I imagine bad things can happen

Quote:
your weapon you get at the beginning i think is literally the best weapon after upgrading it. again, most of the weps that are needed to breakthrough and transform your weapon are through the weapon boxes, which is just, use a key and hope that it's your class's weapon that appears. if not, get more weapon boxes. It's nowhere near that amount of rng that you're talking about.
so in a nutshell, any weapon, including your initial weapon, can be upgraded to an equally similar level upon reaching the highest upgrade tier by using other weapons of the same type? and the only difference between different max upgraded weapons are looks?

Quote:
there's quite alot, i'm looking forwards to when people actually start hitting end-game in TC Halogen and can actually start to do crafting towards some end game stuff (which i still don't really know too much about). And even then, they haven't released the level cap update to 50 along with the hidden skills that you can learn, etc. etc.
in this regard, I herebly hope higher leveled players can still help lowbies, also meaning that I hope most of you guys can and are willing to help instead of being softlocked in instances lowbies can't enter for whatever reason
Old 01-28-2016, 01:25 PM   #58
Coolboyrulez0
VICES
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Quote:
I'll pass, sorry
its really not, stop looking for reasons not to play and just try it

also good to see izzy is still retarded and wrong on mostly all points

gonna hit 45 tomorrow btw
Coolboyrulez0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 01:30 PM   #59
choof
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolboyrulez0 View Post
its really not, stop looking for reasons not to play and just try it

also good to see izzy is still retarded and wrong on mostly all points

gonna hit 45 tomorrow btw
you played rift with me for a while, do you really think I need to look for reasons to not play an mmo lol
I'm not keen on a game having potential for p2w, that's mostly why I left rift
Old 01-28-2016, 01:32 PM   #60
Izzy
Snek

What was wrong? All I'm hearing is excuses as to why it's bad and that I should just ignore it.

There are so many MMO games around that have more refined gameplay and mechanics. I don't see any reason in fooling myself into thinking this is a quality game experience when I could play any number of existing ones.