Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR General Talk > Bug Reports and Suggestions

Old 05-3-2020, 07:15 PM   #1
s1rnight
( ŻuŻ)-b
FFR Music Producer

Send a message via AIM to s1rnight Send a message via Skype™ to s1rnight
Default article: whether the "filters" should be a separate < and > mode?

objection 1: it would seem to be that the "filters" should be a separate < and > mode, (like "difficulties", "song flags", and so on), for as the Appostle writes, "Design is not just what it looks and feels like, design is how it works.". as changing the filter system from a blanket filter to a "mode" constitutes an improvement on the scale of "works", it satisfies this teaching.

objection 2: it would seem to be that "filters" being a separate < and > mode allows for more flexibility in m
--

ok i am putting the request in a funny joke format because i have been reading st. thomas aquinas's "summa theologiae" recently and it writes everything down liek this (lol). BASICALLY, my thought on the song select system right now in r^3 is that i'd like to either replace or supplement the legacy "mode selector" (modeselektor, hehe, get it) with the custom filters that you apply in "filters". this would improve the game THREE FOLD:

1) i sometimes want to only play short songs BUT sometimes i want to play slightly longer songs, and its a pain to specifically have to turn the thing off and on all the time just to see the other songs. if i cld apply a filter and then one of the < > modes was say, "filter 1" (or w/e name i'd give it), this would work well

1b) also, the particular filter could be customisable from the main menu. (so it shld show up "songs < 1:30", and i cld change this to "songs < 1:40" on the song select screen (by clicking the name of the filter. ALSO the default filters themselves could just be names of filters that u cld modify by clicking on them)

2) the menu wld make more sense with everyones particular play style. if even the DIFFICULTY screen was modifiable (with each heading and sub-heading a different filter), people might be able to make ones like uh... "97+"
-- hold on

ok i figured out what my ACTUAL suggestion is, its the following:

1) there should be a "custom filters" category on the menu select whereby each subheading is itself a custom filter. the default filters can also be customisable if u want ie if u double clicked "easiest" on difficulty it wld say "DIFFICULTY > 0 AND DIFFICULTY < 4" in a toolie tip or something. anyway, in the custom filter id be able to make a ton of these. i cld have a subheading that just lets me play "all the under tale songs", or a subheading that lets me play all the "97+ songs i HAVEN'T triple A'd. he h e he >" or "very very short songs"

2) another thought is that the filters could also give you an ability to SORT the songs (right now EVERYTHING is sorted by raw difficulty score i think). for example i wld like to sort all the songs by "shortest songs" instead of guessing at how long i can REALLY handle a short song for (1:00??? 1:10??? 1:13??? oh no they're all gone!!!!) and then slowly work my way up. then i cld have a setup that partitions all of thje songs by difficulty, but *sorts* them by length (or colourful notes lol. or alphabetical order! or on how well i did on them!)

2b) "on how well i did on them" seems REALLY good as a sorting thing. because then i'd be able to look at all the songs ranked by "how far away they are from perfect" and then be able to work on the furthest away ones inside a certain difficulty (or closest but non-AAA ones) at the top lol, instead of needing the hard boundaries like "boo flag" or "black flag" and so on (i am not a good player so i get like regularly 20-60 goods on every song lol, so they're not sorted well for me...)

ok, those are my thoughts on the matter!!! i am looking forward to seeing your replies

- s1rnight, a humble christian poster

Last edited by s1rnight; 05-3-2020 at 07:16 PM..
s1rnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-3-2020, 07:20 PM   #2
s1rnight
( ŻuŻ)-b
FFR Music Producer

Send a message via AIM to s1rnight Send a message via Skype™ to s1rnight
Default Re: article: whether the "filters" should be a separate < and > mode?

OH and also i decided that if u double click a subheading, there could be a way to rename or delete the subheading too, and also a "+" at the bottom so that u can add more, and also there would be a way to reorder the subheadings (by "dragging" them)

(thank u very much, btw)

Last edited by s1rnight; 05-3-2020 at 08:01 PM..
s1rnight is offline   Reply With Quote