Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Stepmania > Simulator Files

Old 03-24-2018, 03:17 AM   #1
Kinx
Replicaaaaaaaa!
FFR Simfile Author

Default Vox Box Submissions Thread

Welcome to the submissions thread for Vox Box

This is a 6k/solo only pack (sorry, 4k fellas! I still love you) and will emphasize the importance of vocal work in music, whether it be raw, unplugged talent or chopped up to hell for sample-heavy EDM pieces. The point is that the voice is as versatile as it is crucial to its song and I want this pack to show that. I've been wanting to create a pack like this for quite some time now and I was naive enough to think that I could undertake something like this on my own. Turns out that this was a pretty poor decision once I realized how diverse all voices can be, the individual's perception and preference of voice, and how little I do know in the scope of vocal variety. That's where all of you come in. I need different perspectives in this pack, both in song choice and stepping style. By the end of the submissions process, I hope to be sitting on 10 or so files from a respectable collection of chart artists for a total of 40 charts including my own (yes, I know that’s a lot) before I can deem this pack ready for release.

Here are a few ground rules to help guide you in what this pack is aiming for:

1) Your song has to have vocal work/samples in it.
I'm not going to be anal about what can constitute as a suitable song for the pack, but if it sounds like m1dy or some meme song, then it's probably not focusing on the beauty of the voice. Maybe you can prove me wrong. If the song has some time spent in lyrical production, that's a plus and definitely encouraged.
2) Genre and language variety, please!
Listen, there's no ignoring the elephant in the room. I know that there will be plenty of Japanese songs submitted and I understand that completely (I have almost too many of my own included already). I won't discriminate against good charts. If you can, however, please try to spend some time to include different languages, because there are some lovely goddamn languages out there, let me tell you.
3) Let's have some chart diversity and playability.
Please submit unreleased 6k files. If you have time to make extra charts for more player accessibility, then the more the merrier. I’m fine with accepting any level of difficulty. I'm totally fine with technical dumps in moderation, not trash dumps. I also encourage all of you to be expressive with your manias. Just like singing, expressing yourself with your work is great. I will ask, however, for some technical prowess and common sense with the very basic of the fundamentals such as PR, basic layering, and avoiding the use of ghost notes.
Note: If you've never charted for 6k before, please please please give it a try anyway. I would love more than anything else for all of you 4k artists to get in this. I'm more than willing to help you with note sequencing and pattern choice; just HMU. I’m also fine with conversions.

4) Graphics
I can assist with creating sets of graphics, but if you can manage the creation of your own or recruit the help of someone more qualified than I am, then please do so. I won't decline help from any generous graphics artists out there, either (wink wink nudge nudge). Be sure to include your cdtitle with your submission.
That’s it! You can submit them to me via Discord (@Kinx#7418) or email (vbcharts@outlook.com). There is no cap to how many charts you want to submit and currently no tentative deadline for the pack since I know how active the 6k/solo community is (it isn't). Once I reach the threshold of ~10 files, I’ll release the pack. I'll update this thread as time goes on with chart reviews and other news regarding the pack. I look forward to seeing your submissions, everyone!

Current Songlist (43/40)
Quote:
AMATERASU SYSTEM -the fifth force- - WAVE
Birthright (Birthwrong Remix) - Celldweller ft. Blue Stahli
Bitter End - Fit For A King
Daikirai - TeddyLoid feat. ちゃんみな
Daisuki - DAOKO with TeddyLoid
Don't Play Nice - Verbalicious
Fade Away - the sub account
Feel - 織部つばさ (CV:水瀬 いのり)
Flash - Perfume
Fly Me To Heaven - 東京事変
Higher - Nyusha
Hype feat. Such - PSYQUI
Kaitul - Feryquitous
Kkum-eul Dream - Real Girls Project
Koi Kaze - 高垣楓 (CV:早見沙織)
Last Surprise - Lyn
Lily Love (feat. Kaivaan) - GHOST DATA
Love Ya - Pure 100%
Montero - Andromulus
Moonheart - 翡乃イスカ
Moonlight - ラブリーサマーちゃんと芳川よしの
Mr. Toot - Ylvis
Notice - Moe Shop
Nightmaid - Paraoka
Overnight Celebrity - Twista
Peek-A-Boo - Red Velvet
POWER TWO - HOTBLADE
Russian Roulette - Red Velvet
Shopping Tourist - Bacalao
Silver Orbit - 電気式華憐音楽集団
Silvia - Lapix
Suis Moi - Camille & Hans Zimmer
The Night - Lovewave
The Samovars - The Red Army Choir
This Hurts - Mindless Self Indulgence
Two Faced!? Phantom Thief Chairman's Troubles♥ - ◇◆謎の怪盗少女ぷらずま☆彡Prim◇◆
Unfaithful - NtrlTaste
Wanna - Kara
White Winter Hymnal - Pentatonix
With A Billion Worldful Of Love - Mili feat. DE DE MOUSE
XVII (Love Trouble) feat. CMKC - masara
YOLO - lapix feat. Numb'n'dub
Your voice so... - PSYQUI feat. Such

We've reached the goal for accepted chart submissions!! Which means that I can start prepping the pack for release. However, I don't expect that the pack will be released very soon as I have decided that I will be creating full charts for all 40 files and I still need to create graphics for files without them. During this time, I will still be accepting more file submissions as I take on this project. So please keep them coming! When I finish all of the charts, I will close submissions and release the pack with the files mentioned above.

Additionally as a reminder, I am still open to volunteers willing to lend a hand with creating these easier charts to expedite the process or just making graphics (of which 3 or 4 don't have any).

Last edited by Kinx; 07-17-2018 at 05:04 PM.. Reason: Added Peek-A-Boo.
Kinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 03:17 AM   #2
Kinx
Replicaaaaaaaa!
FFR Simfile Author

Default Re: Vox Box Submissions Thread

Montero - Accepted
Great concepts with the 8th jack motif.
After the fixes that were made to the file, the flow is more apparent and easier to play. You showed a good aptitude to readjusting some patterns and I can see the improvements after just a few changes.
Please don't get discouraged by the rejected status. I can see what you were going for with this file, and I love this kind of concept. The repetitive 8th jacks are great for this chart and it makes hitting the chords and rolls feel natural and fluid. I don't usually implement rolls, so the way that you used it here is quite clever and it's making me want to borrow this concept for my future files. However, this file is rough on the edges in regards to pattern, PR, and hold usage.

My first minor concern is the section from m7. I'm just wondering why you chose to chart the melody as an 8th minijack (13324...) when you have a fair amount of real estate here for the melody to roam. Maybe this is deliberate to prep the player for the rest of the file, but I feel like you'd get much more out of adhering to PR for this. From m93, the stream is continuous to m96. From m97, the stream that comes afterward is again continuous until 02:19.386. Be aware of slight playability awkwardness with the combination of holds during this section. You can probably get away with omitting the holds and sticking with layering if the streams are too weird with them implemented.

For my next and main concern regarding pattern usage and holds: chill with the holds, homie lol. A lot of the pattern awkwardness is coming from too many holds and hold inconsistencies. If you can tone down the use of holds, the file is already decent. As for patterning:

Here's a common example of what I mean when I say rough. For the difficulty that I'm feeling for this file, hitting these notes shouldn't be very difficult. But this is awkward to hit and hard to read. When you have one-handed anchors between 3 fingers on the right hand like this on top of having to hold down a freeze, it's hard to capture flow without your right hand getting tangled up. There are other sections similar this in other parts of the file as well. Instead, maybe try a pattern like this:

Or you can also step the right hand as 5[46][46][46]5. This way, the holds are more pronounced and not muddled between the chords, and the right handed doubles aren't awkward to hit. If you can rearrange the chord/hold patterns in your chart that are similar to this, you've essentially cut your flow issues by a large margin already.

To sum it all up:
- Limit hold usage.
- Fix some chord patterns.
- Pitch relevancy and missing notes.

Keep trying, dude. I love what you have going on here, just needs a little patching up is all. Remember that you have tons of space here to play around in. If you need any help at all, please don't hesitate to HMU.

Birthright - Accepted
Comfortable and fluid chart with lots of one handed doubles, but XMOD gimmicks can be hard to react to due to high speed BPM changes.
Unique way of stepping this. I can understand the kind of feel that you're going for in this chart and it makes sense as you were being fairly consistent with it. There were a lot of one-handed doubles/triples that were fluid to hit and the notes were easy to read. There were some parts that I thought were missing notes during the chorus and its vocals, but I could kind of see that you were utilizing some selective layering to emphasize the voice (?) Overall, good pattern usage and fairly straightforward on CMOD.

That said, let's cover the file's XMOD and BPM gimmicks! For the most part, they're great for when it works and I can read them. The stutters make sense and look fantastic. However, readability is the main issue in some of the portions that reach nearly mach speed. I glanced over the chart in AV to take a closer look at the BPM changes and I'm seeing that your BPM is being multiplied by up to 4x then coming to a sudden stop, making it really hard to react. Granted, the notes are predictable thanks to how you're using those mines, which help. But it's still just a bit jarring. I mean it's hard, but is it so much that it causes the file to be not fun? I don't personally think so, but this is really left up to the player and whether or not they enjoy something like this. It also adds a level of replayability as well which definitely isn't bad, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ grain of salt and all that.

To sum it all up:
- Comfortable, fluid, easy-to-read patterns.
- Maybe the BPM gimmicks can be a bit much.

POWER TWO - Accepted
Simple, straightforward file for intermediate players trying to get used to basic 6k patterns.
Pretty easy and flowy file, but super fun nonetheless. Your style is consistent throughout the file and it works for the song that it is. The streams, anchors, and doubles are easy to hit and the mini-jacks fit right in. I don't really have any gripes aside from maybe a few holds that might be awkward to hit, but it's kind of a non-issue since you have a few chances to adapt to it and hit them. The file as it is now is fine without any changes, but feel free to move some patterns around.

Your voice so... - Accepted
Excellent chart that is challenging, fun, and has great flow.
One of my favorite files from you. I love that you were able to chart this song the way that you did. The patterns that you chose to step certain portions of the song were very accessible, sensible, and comfortable to hit. The climax and more layered sections were challenging to hit, but just right for me to appreciate both the way you layered, sequenced the notes, and the song itself. I did initially have trouble hitting the mine section just due to nature of having to juggle holds and mines, but I think it adds to the gimmick. The notes placed in this part were also sparse enough to keep the mine field interesting and fun to watch and play.

YOLO - Accepted
Straightforward hype chart with plenty of fun patterns with an amazing breakdown sequence. Ending climax is a bit much, though.
Super fun chart. Most of the patterns are unique and flow well and the layered portions are fun to hit. Maybe a bit of the single note streams can be a little awkward to hit, but that's just a personal gripe. It should be fine as it is. When the rap section with the 12ths and 24ths come in, I loved the way it felt to hit thanks to the added [12] to amplify and emphasize bass. The BPM shift just after this part is handled really well, too. From here, the chart continues being slick and polished. Then we hit the climax and its accompanying chords. Reading upscroll, it was fairly straightforward, but pretty hard to read and hit. Downscroll, I failed pretty quickly. It's a pretty sizeable shift in difficulty and it definitely took me by surprise when I tried it the first time. I can accept this for what it is, but if you can tone down the layers in this part, that'd make it so much more palatable.

This Hurts - Accepted
Very good intermediate chart with tricky holds to keep the player invested.
At first, I was a little on the fence regarding some of the hold sections. But upon replay, they served as a good means for me to stay interested in the file. You balance both hands very neatly and the patterns feel deliberate to cater to the player level that I think you have in mind. There aren't many, if any, glaring mistakes in the file aside from minor pattern surprises. All in all, an enjoyable file to practice doubles, chords, and holds.

With A Billion Worldful Of Love - Accepted
Solid chart with very consistently sensible patterns that add to the appreciation of both the chart and song.
Love this song, and I somehow knew that you'd deliver the goods. This chart is very cohesive of all of the charting elements that you put into it (mine placement, structure sense, vocal emphasis, PR, etc), with the spotlight emphasizing each different theme at separate points, but not completely ignoring any of the others, so you'll always get a small taste of each as it peeks into the chart in each department throughout the song. Your patterns in this file and your previous one are definitely showing your improvement as a charter with comfort, balance, and fun factor. One minor gripe that I do have is that some parts in the file do lack for a bit more punch in the layering sense. This is fine as it is, but a small revisit here would add more spice to your chart.

Higher - Accepted
Tricky file complemented with swing patterns.
Very interesting file with different elements, namely the swing patterns. A lot of the difficulty from this file stems from the 64th rhythm and this makes the file work so well. I want to say there might be some awkwardness in these areas. But I feel like, as it is now, it works because of its pattern usage.

Last edited by Kinx; 06-25-2018 at 09:39 PM.. Reason: Added Higher to reviews.
Old 03-24-2018, 09:04 PM   #3
Elekton
FFR Simfile Author
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

the solo necromancer resurrecting the mode
Old 03-25-2018, 12:10 AM   #4
Godnick

Sounds like a grand treasurable project. Props to such a great idea!
Thought about this actually yesterday, stepping vocals and another song today. Will put it in the planner to put this idea here into the gears of the pack. They haven't tunred for a decade or something so don't exect much! Looking forward to venturing through wondrous creations and expressionate style of tis pack of humans vs machine. So much potential of more character to the charts.
Good luck all who can revelate a reflective, epic, extra melodic mutually connective rendition of 2018's Steppers philantrophy specialties for this spiritually connected pack to be sung like it never rafted before. Make them right the first time and wow a master like "how?! Humanity is counting on you here so Hurry up!!! Bring bang to the sang!

the homepage of this site, it's a great place on the left to put hardworking unofficial events just like this major historical lifelong goldmine of developement. It's an ongoing, hard work of projects of our kind, requires lots of dedication, skill, passion, courage and sincerity. Also, a waste of life to have to hunt for these events. Just an idea.
Anyways gl all participants and really have yourself a wimsical experience and find that inner piece 4 peace.
Bust a tap in dat brash
edit: exect= expect. also, stepping 6k and 8k double stepfiles for the same song unacceptable?

Last edited by Godnick; 03-25-2018 at 12:13 AM..
Old 03-25-2018, 01:29 AM   #5
Kinx
Replicaaaaaaaa!
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elekton View Post
the solo necromancer resurrecting the mode
ye boi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godnick View Post
also, stepping 6k and 8k double stepfiles for the same song unacceptable?
Hey, thanks for the looking into the pack, man. To answer the question, I’m looking for 6k charts only.

Last edited by Kinx; 03-25-2018 at 01:36 AM..
Old 03-25-2018, 12:02 PM   #6
Gundam-Dude
`~`
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

I have 1 file I can probably send over but I have to be not super giga lazy and step a few measures at a time before I rq and go do something else

(Download My Magnum Opus, Solo Kpop Pack!)

My Simfiles (4key & 6key)
Gundam-Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 12:09 PM   #7
Kinx
Replicaaaaaaaa!
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundam-Dude View Post
I have 1 file I can probably send over but I have to be not super giga lazy and step a few measures at a time before I rq and go do something else
u do u boo

Any chart from you I’m sure is worth the wait.
Old 03-25-2018, 12:19 PM   #8
James May
FFR Player

Would something like this be acceptable? https://soundcloud.com/billiummoto/c...lliummoto-flip Or does it need to be more prominent in the vocals? Just wanting to double check on it before tackling this :3 Also, do 4k -> 6k converts count or trying to stray away from it?

James May is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 12:50 PM   #9
Kinx
Replicaaaaaaaa!
FFR Simfile Author

Wink Re: Vox Box Submissions Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by James May View Post
Would something like this be acceptable? https://soundcloud.com/billiummoto/c...lliummoto-flip Or does it need to be more prominent in the vocals? Just wanting to double check on it before tackling this :3 Also, do 4k -> 6k converts count or trying to stray away from it?
That’s pushing it a bit much but ye it should be fine since it sounds dope. In the future, I’d like to see more lyrical structure or even more vocal samples would suffice just fine. Something like this would be a good example of the kind of sampling I’m looking for:

https://m.soundcloud.com/wishimblackii/xvii-jersey-flip
https://m.soundcloud.com/synthion/galactic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinx
I’m also fine with conversions.
It was in the fine print. Maybe I should put that somewhere more obvious, mb lol.

I’ll provide some examples in the OP for the kind of music the pack should have.
Old 03-25-2018, 01:01 PM   #10
L_eMo_N
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to L_eMo_N

I make song for you, 6k and possibly 3k.
L_eMo_N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 07:03 PM   #11
James May
FFR Player

Nevermind, gonna do this instead https://soundcloud.com/andromulus/montero
Old school vibes

Old 03-26-2018, 07:37 PM   #12
Kinx
Replicaaaaaaaa!
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by James May View Post
Nevermind, gonna do this instead https://soundcloud.com/andromulus/montero
Old school vibes
Wonderful. This fits the bill perfectly. Definitely looking forward to what you can create with this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by L_eMo_N View Post
I make song for you, 6k and possibly 3k.
yo chill six thousand files?

Old 03-26-2018, 08:33 PM   #13
Dinglesberry
longing
FFR Veteran

kb7 > 6k, i mean like, unless ur afraid to use ur thumb or smthing
Dinglesberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 10:04 PM   #14
Kinx
Replicaaaaaaaa!
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinglesberry View Post
kb7 > 6k, i mean like, unless ur afraid to use ur thumb or smthing
I'm afraid that I won't reach the 40 files that I'm hoping to reach for this pack. That is unless you want to try your hand at a 6k file to submit the pack to help out <3 C'mon, help a brotha out.

Old 03-27-2018, 07:08 PM   #15
JenovaSephiroth
oh okay
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

I might chart some nier automata songs for this
JenovaSephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 09:38 PM   #16
Kinx
Replicaaaaaaaa!
FFR Simfile Author

Oh daaaamn, a JenovaSephiroth file? We in there. You literally have no clue how hype that would make me to have a 6k Nier chart in the pack.

Old 03-28-2018, 12:47 AM   #17
James May
FFR Player

About three quarters through Montero. Seems to be coming out well so far but who knows :v

Old 03-28-2018, 01:55 AM   #18
Kinx
Replicaaaaaaaa!
FFR Simfile Author

I'll here rubbing my hands together for it. I'll be patient though.

gimme gimme gimme

Old 03-28-2018, 11:34 AM   #19
James May
FFR Player

Alrighty, sent the file over, let's hope it goes well haha

Edit: Found a few missing notes on the file, updated and sent it over your way

Last edited by James May; 03-28-2018 at 03:15 PM..
Old 03-28-2018, 06:58 PM   #20
Kinx
Replicaaaaaaaa!
FFR Simfile Author

Review's up!