Old 08-24-2013, 08:10 PM   #141
foxfire667
The FFRchiver
Retired StaffFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: A list of all Major Simfile Packs for StepMania v2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioNintendo View Post
PS, here are more dump packs that you guys forgot:
Hero's Assorted Bullshit MiniPack is already on SMO, and can be directly downloaded from here. As for MarioNintendo's F8 Minipack of doom, I had no idea this existed, and as such hosted it immediately. You can download the pack from this link.

I'm not in control of the OP, and am unsure exactly what direction it's taking (or how often it will be updated). Major packs are subjective, and I guess what would be listed there would have to fit some criteria (like the community wondering why x isn't on the major packs list). If you are looking for a listing of all StepMania packs, you should check out the StepMania Online downloads page. There may be slight discrepancies with certain characters or names with various packs, so if you are looking for something obscure and fairly old, I'd suggest using the find option and typing out main parts of a packs name, or it's abbreviation depending on if that was the more widely used name for the pack.

Slight variations of pack names may also fit into these categories, which I will place in this spoiler (mirror from my SMO pack list thread):
How packs may be slightly renamed on the downloads page (keeping in mind I'm not changing the names of the actual packs themselves)
- If a pack seems to have a pattern, and then it is broken for some reason, I will generally rename it to keep in line with the other packs in the series.
(example: Derp pack number 1, Derp pack number 2, Derp pack number 3, Derp pack 4 - Derp pack 4 would be renamed to Derp pack number 4 to keep things in order)
- If a pack is numbered, and exceeds 10, I will add a 0 before numbers 1-9 to keep the packs in order.
(example: If Dog pack has 15 packs, and were numerically labeled, the first 9 packs would be renamed to Dog pack 01, Dog pack 02, Dog pack 03, etc.)
- If a pack has a number sign (#) in it, I unfortunately have to remove it due to downloads not working with this character in the title.
(example: Cat pack #1 -> Cat pack 1)
- If a pack has a period (.) in it, I unfortunately have to change the character to a Unicode version in it's place (․). This is because having a period within the title cuts off the rest of the pack name, which makes viewing what titles are pretty much impossible offhand.
(example: B.I.G. Pack -> B․I․G․ Pack)
- Depending on if a trending pattern is broken or not, I may add or remove a "The" to a given pack to keep consistent with the rest of the series.
(example: The AB Pack 1, The AB Pack 2, The AB Pack 3, AB Pack 4, The AB Pack 5 - AB Pack 4 would be renamed to The AB Pack 4)
- If a pack is all lowercase, the first letter will always be capitalized. This is due to how the downloads page handles sorting packs, where capitals are given higher priority than lowercase letters at all times. To avoid tons of packs being out of sorting order, I'll capitalize the first letter.
(example: random pack -> Random pack)
- If a pack name were ever ridiculously long, I would most likely cut the pack name down enough to not severely break the page. I doubt a pack name would ever get bad enough to do this without intentionally trying though.
(example: If this was the extremely long name that I gave to my pack, just so it could have a overly sized title to perk the curiosity of those seeing it vastly stand out somewhere for all of the wrong reasons, because I felt this was the only way I could get my pack attention since I cannot step files all that well, or perhaps I just thought it would be really funny to cram all of this text into a rather small banner, which I would have to fiddle with profusely in Photoshop to make look visible -> If this was the extremely long name that I gave to my pack...)
- If a pack required a region change to use properly (most likely to JP) I will add "(X region change needed)" to the end of the pack title. I can't check every pack though, so I'd have to be notified of such things.
(example: ランダム日本語のテキスト -> ランダム日本語のテキスト (JP region change needed))

Hope this list feels more comprehensive! If you notice any other packs that are missing, and you can link me to them, please post or shoot me a message as soon as possible! The more packs I can get hosted on SMO, the better it is for everyone else.
Old 08-25-2013, 04:17 PM   #142
MarioNintendo
Expect delays.
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Basically foxfire, I was looking at the previous thread's OP to notice the omission of those packs. I thought it'd be a minimum to at least have as much packs listed in the v2 than in the original thread, that's all I meant. :P thanks for updating smo.

Edit: Yeah it really wasn't explained well in the OP that you were aiming to only list major simpacks, whereas any other more "low profile" pack can be found here: http://www.stepmaniaonline.net/index.php?page=downloads
Simply giving the SMO link really doesn't give all that info, as I thought myself the purpose of the SMO site was only to play online and such... Just a thought! <3
And why aren't you in charge of the OP, again? :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgravel View Post
Mario's files are top notch, so every time he submits a file I get excited in my pants.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
This guy, MarioNintendo?
Click the bricks

Last edited by MarioNintendo; 08-25-2013 at 04:32 PM..
MarioNintendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-6-2013, 10:10 PM   #143
foxfire667
The FFRchiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioNintendo View Post
Edit: Yeah it really wasn't explained well in the OP that you were aiming to only list major simpacks, whereas any other more "low profile" pack can be found here: http://www.stepmaniaonline.net/index.php?page=downloads
Simply giving the SMO link really doesn't give all that info, as I thought myself the purpose of the SMO site was only to play online and such... Just a thought! <3
And why aren't you in charge of the OP, again? :P
Gotta love it when someone replies to a thread you post in and you don't get notified about it.

Yeah, I can understand why you might be confused by the omission of packs from the prior thread. It probably does seem strange that they were "major packs" before, and now all of a sudden they aren't. Packs listed are ones I suppose would be pretty recognizable in the FFR community, otherwise they wouldn't be considered major I would assume. I suppose it would make sense for the OP to elaborate on such things a bit more, to prevent confusion.

I guess I'm not in charge because of two things:
- I'm not a staff member who has the power to edit threads
- I didn't start the thread.

I didn't start a thread because bmah was going to make someone else the OP of the older thread. Instead, this newer thread was made and it took over. Though frankly (assuming links have been updated and aren't broken) it serves it's purpose well. Perhaps a more detailed elaboration about SMO archival and what's considered a "major pack" is in order though.
Old 09-20-2013, 12:20 AM   #144
shenjoku
Wubalubadubdub
FFR Veteran

Which one of these packs are for solo? I'd like to start trying it out but I have no idea where to find packs for it.

Last edited by shenjoku; 09-20-2013 at 12:31 AM..
shenjoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 12:38 AM   #145
bmah
shots FIRED
Global Moderator, User Support, Judge
Global ModeratorFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

I'd refer to the older thread, because this newer one negates (and therefore does not promote) solo: http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...d.php?t=115269
bmah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 01:08 AM   #146
shenjoku
Wubalubadubdub
FFR Veteran

bmah to the rescue! Thanks
Old 09-21-2013, 12:08 AM   #147
kommisar
Dark Chancellor
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music Producer

Send a message via AIM to kommisar Send a message via MSN to kommisar

so uh v1 actually had all the packs

this is incredibly anemic
Old 09-21-2013, 12:31 AM   #148
foxfire667
The FFRchiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmah View Post
I'd refer to the older thread, because this newer one negates (and therefore does not promote) solo: http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...d.php?t=115269
I'd also like to point out that if you go to the SMO downloads page, packs are listed with what style they are for (pad, keyboard (4-key), solo, pump, etc). If you use the find option on your browser and type in solo, you will be able to quickly jump to packs in the list for that category. You should see it in the type column, as well as in the pack name generally.

Frankly the entire omission of the solo category irks me, and I feel like it should be added to the OP. The FFR community does play solo, it's not like PIU or doubles around here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kommisar View Post
so uh v1 actually had all the packs
It really only had a small fraction of the SMO downloads page list. The stuff listed in the OP is supposed to be strictly 'major' (as in, most people in the general community who play a given style know of it, which is obviously severely subjective). If you have suggestions for what is / isn't major, post them and get others to agree, and I'm sure xNix will change it.

Last edited by foxfire667; 09-21-2013 at 12:34 AM..
foxfire667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2022, 07:51 PM   #149
Tarlis
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Tarlis Send a message via Yahoo to Tarlis Send a message via Skype™ to Tarlis

crazy as it Sounds I'm looking for R7Mix 1st to 3rd, 4th Mix and 5th Mix
Tarlis is offline   Reply With Quote