Old 04-30-2009, 06:58 PM   #1061
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek
Default Re: World of Warcraft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gano View Post
With Misery/Imp FF, the 3 pieces of t8.5 and one of those trinkets you shouldn't have a problem getting to hit cap I'd think.
Its what, 263 if you're Alli w/ Heroic Presence? Maybe 290 or so Horde? **** with the 3 8.5 pieces and Living Flame alone that puts you at 287
We don't have a Shadow Priest or a Moonkin in our raids most of the time. I have to have 368 hit to be capped.

I currently have a Hit neck, a Hit cape, a Hit trink (Dying Curse), another Hit trink (Mark of the War Prisoner), Hit gems, and the +Hit from my tier. That's barely enough to get me hit-capped.

Also the 522 haste hit trinket is garbage.

Also mp5 is another wasted stat. Throw out all the items that had mp5.

Also I can't replace head, chest, hand, leg, or shoulder because of the Hit on that gear. I can only replace it with more Tier.

Last edited by Squeek; 04-30-2009 at 07:00 PM..
Squeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 07:06 PM   #1062
Kagome
Pop'n Music.
Retired Staff

Send a message via AIM to Kagome Send a message via MSN to Kagome

Yeah spell hit cap is easy. I run at 321 which is 12% and I get 3% from talents and the 3% from misery/imp faerie fire. I can still drop about 25 hit and still be capped.

@Squeek. You have a talent that gives you 3% spell hit. You can ditch your hit gems and possibly some other hit gear and be fine.

Edit: Oh wait you don't always have a shadow priest or moonkin nevermind.

Last edited by Kagome; 04-30-2009 at 07:23 PM..
Kagome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 07:19 PM   #1063
Gano
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Gano Send a message via MSN to Gano Send a message via Skype™ to Gano

The 368 is w/ talents, why don't you have a boomkin/spriest =(

doraemon bustin caps
Gano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 07:33 PM   #1064
Kagome
Pop'n Music.
Retired Staff

You only need 8% from hit rating as arcane if you always run with a spriest or moonkin because arcane focus stacks with elemental precision.
Old 04-30-2009, 07:42 PM   #1065
Solid Dreams
FFR Player

I think if you throw out mp5 you're going to be screwed. :P

Quote:
You shouldn't talk down to people you don't know anything about, acting like you know more and then try to show them up in the forum. That's how you get absolutely no where.
Solid Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 07:47 PM   #1066
Gano
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Gano Send a message via MSN to Gano Send a message via Skype™ to Gano

Or 7% if you're Alliance as Arcane, looool 184 hit rating, love it

doraemon bustin caps
Old 04-30-2009, 07:55 PM   #1067
Kagome
Pop'n Music.
Retired Staff

Yeah too bad FFB+focus magic trick is vastly superior to arcane in pve.
Old 04-30-2009, 07:59 PM   #1068
Solid Dreams
FFR Player

Actually from what I've seen there's one and a half tanking sets.

A couple of weapons, a couple shields, and then there's a stupid amount of defense/hit gear and then a few dodge/parry bits.

Quote:
You shouldn't talk down to people you don't know anything about, acting like you know more and then try to show them up in the forum. That's how you get absolutely no where.
Old 04-30-2009, 08:10 PM   #1069
Gano
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagome View Post
Yeah too bad FFB+focus magic trick is vastly superior to arcane in pve.
Don't remind me That was supposed to be fixed, too, like they specifically said it was... Even so FFB tops Arcane now, even without that. But Fireball tops 'em both, just not in long fights.

doraemon bustin caps
Old 04-30-2009, 10:06 PM   #1070
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gano View Post
The 368 is w/ talents, why don't you have a boomkin/spriest =(
Our guild has 7 level 80s. Two DKs (tank, dps), two Warlocks, a Mage, a Druid (resto), a Shaman (ele), and a Hunter. This is 8, but the Hunter's alt is one of the locks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid Dreams View Post
I think if you throw out mp5 you're going to be screwed. :P
And this is where my problem is. Even if you clothies hate spirit, it's not wasted. It's just a tertiary attribute. MP5 and Spirit is 100% wasted on Elemental Shaman. We do not go out of mana. We have no talents converting spirit to anything. It is a 0% DPS increase. It is a 0% stat increase. It does not benefit us at all.

The dev team fixed our Tier set before it went live, thankfully. A lot of elemental shaman complained that it had mp5, which is, again, a wasted stat. Believe it or not, the tier Restoration helmet was better for us than our own Elemental helmet. Why wasted stats were appearing even on our Tier gear is beyond me (it's on our t7 gear still >_>). So, we complained and got the three sets of mp5 converted into Hit, Crit, and Haste. But that doesn't fix the problem of the over-abundance of mp5 spellpower mail in Ulduar.

Here's the most fun of all of it. Let's say I run with a group of 25 and one of the healers is a Restoration Shaman. Even if one of the mp5 pieces has a crapton of spellpower so much that it would be a DPS upgrade for me, I wouldn't (technically) be allowed to roll on it! But on the flip side, since they don't need mp5, they can roll on my sp/crit/haste mail, since it's still an upgrade for them.

Last edited by Squeek; 04-30-2009 at 10:08 PM..
Old 04-30-2009, 10:37 PM   #1071
Grandiagod
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Grandiagod Send a message via MSN to Grandiagod

Just did 10 man hodir with 9 people without replenishment or bloodlust.

Twas pretty tuff.
Grandiagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 10:52 PM   #1072
Gano
FFR Player

Hodir down, whoaaaa I somehow managed some ridiculous damage without trying too hard... *Kuppit*
(I know about Singed and all the bonuses etc, was still surprised)

doraemon bustin caps
Old 05-1-2009, 07:04 AM   #1073
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

As prediced, the Children's Week achievements are dumb.

1) Daily Chores is broken and probably still has the 24-hour rule (must turn in a daily within 24 hours of the first daily you did to register a count from the previous day after dailies reset), which probably means I'm screwed. I turned in the first one at 3:16 to make sure it worked (the dailies I did between 12:01 and 3:00 did not count for the total). It added to my total, but what that means is I now must turn in tomorrow's daily before 3:16, and the next day's daily before 3:15, and so on. The window is going to be extremely tight. I'm personally thinking of just intentionally "failing" (turning in a daily well past 3:16) to see if I can set the timer to a later time and start my 5 days from there.

2) Home Alone is broken. The game actually removes your credit for earning the achievement. Like, you had it, and they added it to your total, and then you log out and they remove it and subtract 10 from your total. So bizarre.

3) School of Hard Knocks. Just dumb. Hope you get into a BG with a full raid of people trying to do these achievements and a full opposing team also trying to do them, and attempt to coordinate it with /emotes. SOUNDS LIKE A BLAST!

4) Bad Example. Also stupid. One of the things you need to eat is a 1% drop rate from cooking dailies. Not a lot of people have this recipe. You can make mad profit if you have it, though. Fortunately one of the two Chefs in our guild has it, so I farmed the mats and we banked ourselves a bunch of cakes~

5) Hail to the King, Baby. I honestly don't get why this is a part of Children's Week. Is Ymiron some kind of orphan-killer? Why this boss and not some other boss? Regardless, UP is still my least-favorite dungeon (behind Oculus. Seriously) and I went along as a healer. A new tank invited to our guild recently needed the red sword from Ymiron and so we went ahead and did it on Heroic. Died several times on the gauntlet (as is standard) from bugs and whirlwinds. Then Ymiron bugged, causing another near-wipe (I managed to get down the ramp). I hate this dungeon. Fortunately we don't have to farm it for our tank because the sword actually dropped.

6) Aww, ain't it cute? IT'S ADORABLE ^_^

I love my new pets. Speedy is just always happy and egbert is hilarious. 4 more pets for the skunk.

So far those new pets are the only good thing about children's week. Everything else sucks. The blues have talked about it and said they don't see anything wrong with the School of Hard Knocks achievement, despite tens of thousands of people talking about how stupid it is and how badly it ruins battlegrounds to even attempt to do it.

Last edited by Squeek; 05-1-2009 at 07:07 AM..
Old 05-1-2009, 07:11 AM   #1074
Grandiagod
FFR Player

they're supposed to be fixing daily chores to "5 dailies complete while your orphan is out" but it's still bugged fer me
Old 05-1-2009, 07:23 AM   #1075
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

I heard that as well. I've even heard that some EU players got credit just by doing 5 dailies, which is why I just logged back in again to try it.

Then they took my server offline without any kind of a warning.

You know, I know the merger with Activision shouldn't have done anything in terms of development for this game, but this seems incredibly lackluster on Blizzard's part. I always equated them with quality games that underwent months, even years of testing to perfect before it went out on market. What we're getting in WoW is the complete opposite. You wonder if they've tested any of this. It certainly doesn't seem like it.

Edit: Yep, it's true. You can get it without doing dailies every day.

Chalk another one up.

Edit 2: Tested if Home Alone sticks after the little server maintenance, and it does.

Last edited by Squeek; 05-1-2009 at 07:36 AM..
Old 05-1-2009, 07:30 AM   #1076
Solid Dreams
FFR Player

It's hard to account for every single thing that could happen in a game, and they know if they delay any WoW expansions/patches people will get bored and leave.

They're walking a tightrope. Doesn't excuse them for being half assed about it, but they're under a lot of pressure to keep WoW going.

Quote:
Old 05-1-2009, 07:34 AM   #1077
Grandiagod
FFR Player

I'm pretty sure making quests count for an achievement isn't something that takes a terrible amount of planning and forethought.
Old 05-1-2009, 08:22 AM   #1078
Grandiagod
FFR Player

Okay completed all the achievements for the Meta except for Hail to the King and Isn't It Cute (on the last part of Isn't it Cute, but I wanna keep my orphan for Hail to the king.)

So effectively one Heroic to go for my title.
Old 05-1-2009, 08:36 AM   #1079
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

You can get a new whistle when you finish the last orphan quest. I was hesitant to do this myself, but since there are two different orphans you can get, I figured I'd risk it. So after I got Speedy, I talked to the lady again and she has a dialogue option along the lines of "Hey Children's Week isn't over yet, can I borrow an Orphan for a little while longer?" and she gives you the whistle back. The same worked for me in Shattrath too.

But I totally understand not trusting Blizz on that one.

Yeah, ended up with Egbert and Speedy. They're both awesome. All 6 pets are awesome. I want them all =x
Old 05-1-2009, 09:18 AM   #1080
Grandiagod
FFR Player

First one in my guild, prolly one of the first 10 on server.