Default Re: World of Warcraft

dec. 7 needs to hurry up and get here
Old 10-24-2010, 05:43 PM   #2362
devonin
Very Grave Indeed
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin

It's never been anything but 490 and 540 in BC/Wrath respectively. If the stat persisted into Cataclysm, it would be 565 in Cata
devonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 08:58 PM   #2363
D!LL
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to D!LL Send a message via MSN to D!LL Send a message via Yahoo to D!LL Send a message via Skype™ to D!LL

Quote:
Originally Posted by devonin View Post
It's an example of you being capable of spamming a big heal on undergeared tanks, or DPS who stand in fire. That's not necessarily speaking to your healing abilities at all.

HPS is not a stat that conveys information about skill. You have a maximum HPS you can generate based on your gear anyway. Take your best Healing:Time spell, spam it 100% of the time, non stop, pop all cooldowns. There, you've got a maximal HPS that has nothing at all to do with skill.

You also have to account for how LONG you can maintain that spamming. Some top tier boss fights are well over 6 minutes long, and if your mana runs out, it doesn't matter how much healing you can do in the first X minutes, when the later Y minutes have people dying.

Healing is one of the only aspects of the game that -doesn't- have a directly competitive metric of performance.

The ideal healing performance is 0% overheals, 0 deaths, and landing directly on 0 mana at the instant the boss dies and damage stops going out. All you can do is try to optimize for those numbers as best you can, but the game design is directly in opposition to that goal.

If the fight ends, and nobody is dead, your healers are doing their job. That's all there is to it.

Healing is a Threshold matter, not a Degree matter. The better the DPS's DPS the better it is to have them around, full stop. Once a healer gets to where they can get through the whole fight, without anybody dying, or running out of mana, everything past that is complete gravy.

"I didn't run out of mana and nobody died" is hit cap for healers.
I never go oom. and no one ever dies due to lack of healing. Derp AND i do 12khps. Am i cool yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by krunkykai22 View Post
Honestly, I'm just leveling up toons til cata comes out. It's really boring. :/ I mean yeah I can use gear from ICC as such and I can still down the LK for the first time, but I really don't care about having the Kingslayer title... its just a raid that people can easily do with 7/8 people in friggin cata lol
I think he's right. At this point all there is left to do is level toons for caty. Raiding's boring. ICC is a joke now. 30% buff, PLUS they took out the dodge debuff? Lol gg.

The only thing I really have left to do is get my FINAL ICC 25m achievement for my Frostbrood Vanq.
Z͙̖̠̆̊͌̊ȧ̞̟̀ͫͬ͂̂l̰̊ͧͤġ͉͉̣̟̠̘̐̾ő̟̜͙ͬ̃̆͂͌́ͬͅ.͙͙̲̠̘͖̪ͤͅ ̪̘͙̣̃̂̂̅̽ͯ̒ͅH̯͉̰̩̪̐͌͛ͬẹ͐ ͚͔͙ͩ̿̈ͅw͚̹̯̰̫͛̔̈́̾h͉̦̬̪͈͈̜̟ͧ͆̆ͩ̿̇o̳͔̩̯͕ͦ̿ͨ̇ͤͮ̔̚ ͙̫̙͈͊̾͊ͧͫ̓̋W̳̣̲͙̞̏̓a͓̩͕̭̜ͨͪ̍̿͐i̗̞͍̟̦͋ṯ͙̗͔̹͓̑̈́ͅͅs̠̖̩̝̜̟̓͂̏ͣͩ ̘̭̪͔͒̅ͩ̌̅̈̈B̺̹̙̩͖͍̣͇̲̏ë̼̹̘͙̣̹́̅ͅḧ͍͓͖́͐i̝̪͉̺͓̝ͣ̐̃̓͊̀̉n̯͎̺̰̜͙̖̖̒̉͛ͣ̏̑d̞̤͇͌̓ ̝͙͎̹̭̻͙̪̂̃ͥ̏T͚͎̰͇̦̳̓̓̔h̲̘̼̪̺̙̲͂ͪ̾ͮ͛ͩ̍̎e͉͔̩̝͖̎ ̣͂͐W̩͇͈̦̭̠̺̖ͮ̆̒̍â̟̻ͦl̞̮̖̘̥͙͒̈́̍̍l̹̥̠͕͗̆ͧ͗ͤ̉̍.͓̗̣͉͍̤͉͍ͪ͂͊̈͑ͦ͑ͧͅ

Last edited by D!LL; 10-24-2010 at 09:05 PM..
D!LL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 09:41 PM   #2364
ichliebekase
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by D!LL View Post
I never go oom. and no one ever dies due to lack of healing. Derp AND i do 12khps. Am i cool yet?
You're just mad that he's right. People DO die due to lack of healing. Hence why there is the healer roll. Derp.
Garden Party - Dance, level 38
ichliebekase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 09:52 PM   #2365
krunkykai22
<3 Jumpstream <3
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to krunkykai22 Send a message via Yahoo to krunkykai22 Send a message via Skype™ to krunkykai22

Yeah but doing ICC25 man does nothing too. I mean yeah you get the achievement and you get that amazing mount ( can't say I don't want that ) But again, in cata you can get 12-14 characters and go beat it much quicker. All these things can be beaten much quicker in cata just like we do with BC now.

And Dev, you;re right. My bad. And To be honest, I think cap for def. in cata is 565/570 not sure yet. Read about it just a little bit ago.
krunkykai22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 10:49 PM   #2366
D!LL
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to D!LL Send a message via MSN to D!LL Send a message via Yahoo to D!LL Send a message via Skype™ to D!LL

Quote:
Originally Posted by krunkykai22 View Post
Yeah but doing ICC25 man does nothing too. I mean yeah you get the achievement and you get that amazing mount ( can't say I don't want that ) But again, in cata you can get 12-14 characters and go beat it much quicker. All these things can be beaten much quicker in cata just like we do with BC now.

And Dev, you;re right. My bad. And To be honest, I think cap for def. in cata is 565/570 not sure yet. Read about it just a little bit ago.
Yeah, it's true. But it's the same as doing Black Temple now. A lot of my guildies do old world raids and stuff, but I find it boring. I mean, ****. I've done it all already. I don't want to go BACK and do it for NO ****ing REASON. And I Think they're taking the Vanq out of the game come caty.

I'm not sure about the Kingslayer title... Which I don't even wear because it's stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichliebekase View Post
You're just mad that he's right. People DO die due to lack of healing. Hence why there is the healer roll. Derp.
Not in my raids. So I'm not mad. LoLz
Z͙̖̠̆̊͌̊ȧ̞̟̀ͫͬ͂̂l̰̊ͧͤġ͉͉̣̟̠̘̐̾ő̟̜͙ͬ̃̆͂͌́ͬͅ.͙͙̲̠̘͖̪ͤͅ ̪̘͙̣̃̂̂̅̽ͯ̒ͅH̯͉̰̩̪̐͌͛ͬẹ͐ ͚͔͙ͩ̿̈ͅw͚̹̯̰̫͛̔̈́̾h͉̦̬̪͈͈̜̟ͧ͆̆ͩ̿̇o̳͔̩̯͕ͦ̿ͨ̇ͤͮ̔̚ ͙̫̙͈͊̾͊ͧͫ̓̋W̳̣̲͙̞̏̓a͓̩͕̭̜ͨͪ̍̿͐i̗̞͍̟̦͋ṯ͙̗͔̹͓̑̈́ͅͅs̠̖̩̝̜̟̓͂̏ͣͩ ̘̭̪͔͒̅ͩ̌̅̈̈B̺̹̙̩͖͍̣͇̲̏ë̼̹̘͙̣̹́̅ͅḧ͍͓͖́͐i̝̪͉̺͓̝ͣ̐̃̓͊̀̉n̯͎̺̰̜͙̖̖̒̉͛ͣ̏̑d̞̤͇͌̓ ̝͙͎̹̭̻͙̪̂̃ͥ̏T͚͎̰͇̦̳̓̓̔h̲̘̼̪̺̙̲͂ͪ̾ͮ͛ͩ̍̎e͉͔̩̝͖̎ ̣͂͐W̩͇͈̦̭̠̺̖ͮ̆̒̍â̟̻ͦl̞̮̖̘̥͙͒̈́̍̍l̹̥̠͕͗̆ͧ͗ͤ̉̍.͓̗̣͉͍̤͉͍ͪ͂͊̈͑ͦ͑ͧͅ
Old 10-24-2010, 11:52 PM   #2367
ichliebekase
FFR Simfile Author

Yew arr knot undurstayndin whut eye am sayin.

What I was saying was if there is no healer or a bad/ignorant healer in a raid/dungeon etc, then people are very likely to die. If there is a healer that is doing his job, people don't die. I wasn't directing it to your healing abilities.
Old 10-25-2010, 08:22 AM   #2368
D!LL
FFR Player

I know, but the whole topic of healing was brought up because of my comment.

I feel liable to defend my awesome.

I get very touchy when my BAMFery (Bad Ass Mother ****ery) comes into question.
Old 10-25-2010, 09:20 AM   #2369
devonin
Very Grave Indeed

Quote:
Somehow you're still missing the point that high HPS doesn't mean you're good, it means everyone else is undergeared or sucks. The only fights you should actually be generating 12k HPS are Valithria if you're in portals, and 25 Heroic saurfang if you're on the first 2 marks. Any other fight where you actually generate 12k hps, someone besides you is doing it wrong.

Quote:
I think cap for def. in cata is 565/570 not sure yet. Read about it just a little bit ago.
The amount of defense necessary to be immune to critical hits is based entirely on comparative level between you and what is fighting you. A boss level mob while you are at max level has a 21.6% chance to critically hit you as a base. But being level 80, you have 400 points of defense skill (Defense reduces the chance to be critically hit by 0.04% per point) Which reduces the chance to 5.6% At 0.04% per point, you need to generate another 140 points of defense. Thus at level 70, you had 350 defense, and with 140 more were at 490 (which was defense cap in BC) At level 80 you have 400 defense and with 140 more are at 540 (Defense cap in Wrath) With the level cap going to 85, it's only an increase of 5 levels instead of 10, so the cap only goes up by 25 instead of 50, to 565.

However, they've removed defense rating as a stat, full stop. You'll have your defense skill go from 400 to 425 through levelling to 85, and the other 5.6% reduction comes in protection tree talents for all classes.

Quote:
. I mean yeah you get the achievement and you get that amazing mount ( can't say I don't want that ) But again, in cata you can get 12-14 characters and go beat it much quicker. All these things can be beaten much quicker in cata just like we do with BC now.
They've taken away several meta-achievement and achievment run mounts and titles because they'd become trivially easy to get in later expansions. What makes you think there's no chance that these mounts and titles may also disappear in Cata?
Old 10-25-2010, 10:43 AM   #2370
fido123
FFR Player

You want to heal as little as you have to to keep your raid alive. The more healing you do, the more aggro you pick up, and the more you over-heal, the more mana is going to waste for nothing. If as a healer you're keeping your raid alive doing as little overhealing as possible, that's how you know you're being a good healer. Healing/s means absolutely nothing.
fido123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 01:50 PM   #2371
E-Hooker
FFR Player

me and my friend play Dentarg n_n

I started a warlock today [only class I haven't tried apart from hunter] and it's actually pretty fun.
Old 10-25-2010, 04:04 PM   #2372
Darkbreezee
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

ye now warlocks are pretty op, or at least u can talk about "balance" now , im playing warlock since beta.., at first they have been OP cuz of this fear after they got nerfed and became nearly useless in PvP and now u can use them again..., congrats Blizzard u found the way back to balance?!
Old 10-25-2010, 04:22 PM   #2373
ichliebekase
FFR Simfile Author

Try a hunter, I've really enjoyed playing one and now I have 2 on different servers, one horde and one alliance. No preference between the two sides yet, although Orc starting area is pretty >.> **** drop rates and ridiculous walking much?
Old 10-25-2010, 04:25 PM   #2374
E-Hooker
FFR Player

meh, hunter really confused the hell out of me in the first few levels, but i'm willing to give it another try.
Old 10-25-2010, 04:42 PM   #2375
ichliebekase
FFR Simfile Author

You get your pet at level 1 now, so it should be a little bit easier :3
Old 10-25-2010, 04:45 PM   #2376
Phynx
I'm Forever
FFR Veteran

Aion>WoW

Phynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 06:44 AM   #2377
Darkbreezee
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

lol aion is boring . if u like such kinda games spare the money and play some Free 2 Play mmo's . they are almost the same xD
Old 10-26-2010, 07:18 AM   #2378
D!LL
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkbreezee View Post
ye now warlocks are pretty op, or at least u can talk about "balance" now , im playing warlock since beta.., at first they have been op cuz of this fear after they got nerfed and became nearly useless in pvp and now u can use them again..., congrats blizzard u found the way back to balance?!
speaking of balance! Lol @ lazerchickens

I haven't messed with my lock too much. But honestly, I've been gank****ing them hard on my rogue still.

So a good rogue will still shred a lock. So all is right in the world of warcraft balance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LmlOiQw_Ng <--- Old but funny/true still.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichliebekase View Post
Try a hunter, I've really enjoyed playing one and now I have 2 on different servers, one horde and one alliance. No preference between the two sides yet, although Orc starting area is pretty >.> **** drop rates and ridiculous walking much?
I'm not too fond of what they did to hunters. I don't play mine much anymore. BM hunters are rediculous at the moment... But idk. We'll see how they turn out in caty.

Right now I've been wanting to level a shammy.

Last edited by D!LL; 10-26-2010 at 07:49 AM..
Old 10-26-2010, 08:36 AM   #2379
Darkbreezee
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

indeed lol.., but this is by far the best xD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXX8U...eature=related
good old classic times...
Old 10-26-2010, 08:53 AM   #2380
devonin
Very Grave Indeed

That song is called "Virtue" by Jesse Cook, and is one of my favourite pieces of classical guitar ever.