FFR Simfile Author

Default Re: Stop Caring About Being Smart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavernio View Post
All aggression behavior is based in fear too
neurochemically this makes no fucking sense

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L%C3%B...ube_of_emotion

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cortisol

not going to challenge the rest because (a) don't know where you're getting any of this shit citationwise and a lot of that contradicts psych literature I've read, but I'm also not very interested in this and pursuing it is far too much effort, and (b) I don't want to drive this shit as off-topic as the interactions of devonin and me did.

"all aggressive behavior is based in fear" though is like a trivially refuted thing to say, so I'm not dragging down relevance by honoring it
Arch0wl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-5-2016, 11:24 PM   #22
lofty rhino
D7 Elite Keymasher
D7 Elite Keysmasher

didnt read the op
"smart"doesnt matter

cuddle-fuck bitches and dudes and die already

Last edited by lofty rhino; 12-5-2016 at 11:28 PM..
lofty rhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-6-2016, 01:38 AM   #23
lurker
ur worst nitemare
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

i'm sorry but even though i know this is directed at people like me there are people literally planning to murder me the next time i misspeak in front of them
i have gotten dressed down for three hours straight because i made the wrong choice out of two synonyms and you have to fucking understand that not everyone can handle that
people have put cameras in my fucking brain to detect when i say another bad thing, one out of every 10 people on the street is a robot programmed to stare at me relentlessly
Old 12-6-2016, 01:40 AM   #24
lurker
ur worst nitemare

i think this is probably useful to people whose lives aren't threatened constantly and while you may value standing for your own beliefs over your own life, i don't
Old 12-6-2016, 01:43 AM   #25
lurker
ur worst nitemare

oh wait you fucking addressed that in the article:
Quote:
Fuck scrubs, and fuck casuals. People used to risk their lives for books. People used to go to jail, people used to be killed for challenging beliefs, and they did it anyway. The most you have to worry about is losing a job and getting another one.
so you're fucking ignorant for assuming that anyone who finds your writing has a safe life
Old 12-6-2016, 02:54 AM   #26
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar

Just dropping in to say that "Does your whole existence depend on contrast with a type of person?.......Bitch this isn’t Avatar the last Airbender. Nature does not want balance; nature is a storm of chaos and conflict and constant improvement." is getting added to the FB favorite quotes page.
Had me laughing.

Facebook / Youtube / Twitter

MixMasterLar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-6-2016, 11:57 AM   #27
Cavernio
sunshine and rainbows
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch0wl View Post
There is no proving or even suggesting of anything I said as right or wrong based on what you linked.

I'm saying A implies B implies C, and you're saying A is x, B is y and C is z

Last edited by Cavernio; 12-6-2016 at 12:08 PM..
Cavernio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-6-2016, 03:45 PM   #28
IamMe90
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker View Post
i'm sorry but even though i know this is directed at people like me there are people literally planning to murder me the next time i misspeak in front of them
i have gotten dressed down for three hours straight because i made the wrong choice out of two synonyms and you have to fucking understand that not everyone can handle that
people have put cameras in my fucking brain to detect when i say another bad thing, one out of every 10 people on the street is a robot programmed to stare at me relentlessly
might wanna see a psychiatrist about those "cameras" in your brain
IamMe90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-9-2016, 03:03 AM   #29
Shadowcliff
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

I have a "crush" on a dude I work with

He has a "crush" on me, I know, he told me, kissed me too, likes to ramble about it when he's wasted, but he's hiding it when sober because his bisexual tendencies have never actually led him to experiment with a dude and he has probably been expected most of his life to hold on to a certain kind of masculinity

I try to be sincere and he deflects like hell

How do I get him to cuddle-fuck?

Then we can die already
Thanks for the advice rhino
You too Archie
Shadowcliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-9-2016, 09:43 PM   #30
IamMe90
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowcliff View Post
I have a "crush" on a dude I work with

He has a "crush" on me, I know, he told me, kissed me too, likes to ramble about it when he's wasted, but he's hiding it when sober because his bisexual tendencies have never actually led him to experiment with a dude and he has probably been expected most of his life to hold on to a certain kind of masculinity

I try to be sincere and he deflects like hell

How do I get him to cuddle-fuck?

Then we can die already
Thanks for the advice rhino
You too Archie
-MDMA
-Being there and supportive at an especially emotionally vulnerable moment in his life
-mutual drinking

idk most of my hookups with closeted dudes have resulted from one of those 3 experiences
Old 12-10-2016, 01:36 AM   #31
Shadowcliff
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Is MDMA hallucinogenic? I really don't know anything about it so I'll google it... Honestly I've been abstaining from drugs as of late, including my ADD medication, and it's been having positive effects, namely upon the intensity/level of detail in my dreams (while asleep). Mutual drinking is likely and imminent. Certainly I would like to let him know that I have a nuanced understanding of his perspective but I don't want to push him because I know that being a new bi takes a certain amount of time to process. But the time has come for me to step up another rung.

cool song that doesn't really have relevance to the topics being discussed
Old 12-10-2016, 02:53 AM   #32
korny
It's Saint Pepsi bitch
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to korny

Quote:
Is MDMA hallucinogenic? I really don't know anything about it so I'll google it...
empath/entactogenic. do it
korny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 03:24 AM   #33
Arch0wl
Banned
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker View Post
you're fucking ignorant for assuming that anyone who finds your writing has a safe life
I never know whether to read your posts as joking or not, but remember, I live in south Texas. my city and hometown is the first city with >500k population you reach coming out of Mexico. most of the people I am close to have been through extraordinarily severe circumstances, at least compared to what most people in the middle-class US experience.

police raids, murder by stabbing, murder by drive-by, murder by incineration, child abandonment, and a host of other shit. a dude my 11th grade high school had killed someone within the first 2 months of my fall semester. one girl my fiancee knows had a mother who tried to sell her (yes, sell her) for crack. when I went to a party two years ago a dude was stabbed to death about an hour after I left, and this was like, fairly surprising but not horrifically shocking. (also, according to people on reddit I live in "the center of the ghetto" because I live within walking distance of this place. I don't think that's true, but it is amusing.)

I realize this is fairly vague compared to my usual standards of specificity but I can't detail a lot of this because confidentiality is how you *don't* have any of these things happen to you. korny knows what I'm talking about, I'm sure, because I get this sense of jadedness from the way he's written before.

but I'm bringing this up to stress the point that my writing was made with all of those dangers in mind. if you legitimately are threatened by people for misspeaking, then this isn't directed at you, because you have a very real and concrete threat to worry about. the point of this piece is that most people's worries are over non-concrete things.

if it's any consolation, I did write another piece about the concrete threats a lot of people outside the US face every day. as you can tell from the title, it's NSFW and will probably ruin your day, so click with caution: https://alfredmacdonald.com/2016/06/...burning-alive/

hope that helps.
Arch0wl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 01:06 PM   #34
IamMe90
FFR Player

Quote:
Is MDMA hallucinogenic? I really don't know anything about it so I'll google it... Honestly I've been abstaining from drugs as of late, including my ADD medication, and it's been having positive effects, namely upon the intensity/level of detail in my dreams (while asleep). Mutual drinking is likely and imminent. Certainly I would like to let him know that I have a nuanced understanding of his perspective but I don't want to push him because I know that being a new bi takes a certain amount of time to process. But the time has come for me to step up another rung.

cool song that doesn't really have relevance to the topics being discussed
it is primarily an entactogen, which means that it facilitates increased feelings of empathy via the release and reuptake inhibition of serotonin, dopamine, and norepinephrine. It can have some mildly hallucinogenic attributes at very large doses that aren't normal.

if you and this guy did MDMA together (alone), and the situation is what you say it is, then i would give about a 95% chance of cuddling happening, and about an 80% chance of more than cuddling happening. Of course, that comes with its own risks. it can be difficult for someone who isn't totally cool with his own sexuality to experiment in a mind-altered state and then to come down from that and deal with the ramifications. the result of that would depend on the seriousness of your friendship with him.

tldr; would probably have cuddle sex, may have longer term consequences, may not
Old 12-10-2016, 02:50 PM   #35
Soundwave-
Carry your failures proud
FFR Veteran

There's smart, and there's 'smart'.

You don't realize how easy it is to be the former until you try way too hard to be the latter.

Still can't decide if philosophical literature is worth it or if watching people crash and burn until the figure it out themselves is as good as it gets.
Originally Posted by [11:38 PM] Hakulyte
only person who can legit tilt me is like YoshL
Quote:
Originally Posted by スンファンさん
右に3回回らない限り間違います。
Soundwave- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 03:03 PM   #36
Shadowcliff
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamMe90 View Post
tldr; would probably have cuddle sex, may have longer term consequences, may not
Very unlikely that we'll do MDMA but I would find the whole experience more gratifying were I able to make cuddles happen without drug assistance. His foray into same-sex relations should be pretty vanilla anyway IMO, unless he reaches for more. Our employers are taking us all to Charleston SC for a few days in January, renting a huge house. There will be lots of bar hopping and fine dining. And drinking. Damn, I am so thirsty.
Old 12-10-2016, 03:45 PM   #37
IamMe90
FFR Player

Quote:
Very unlikely that we'll do MDMA but I would find the whole experience more gratifying were I able to make cuddles happen without drug assistance. His foray into same-sex relations should be pretty vanilla anyway IMO, unless he reaches for more. Our employers are taking us all to Charleston SC for a few days in January, renting a huge house. There will be lots of bar hopping and fine dining. And drinking. Damn, I am so thirsty.
Good luck! Sounds steamy
Old 12-10-2016, 05:36 PM   #38
C Jota
FFR Player

Guys.

Guys.

I don't understand anything in this thread. I is dumb.
Old 12-10-2016, 08:53 PM   #39
Shadowcliff
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by C Jota View Post
Guys.

Guys.

I don't understand anything in this thread. I is dumb.
Don't be afraid
Old 12-10-2016, 09:03 PM   #40
C Jota
FFR Player

Quote:
Don't be afraid
Instead of tl;dr I need td;cr too dumb couldnt read.