Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2006, 06:18 PM   #21
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean
Default Re: TWG XXXVII

Based on things I've asked Stoic, I'd say it would be near impossible for there to not be a time travel guardian (also consider that ressurrection of dead players is a corner stone of the game).
Old 10-10-2006, 07:12 PM   #22
Wilkin
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Wilkin

Lezzgo:

1) Talisman. A standard Night 1 kill in my opinion, due to his experience and reputation. It'd be quite a gamble as a self-wolfing, since the only real way to resurrect them is for a time-travel guardian to act (I'll elaborate in a bit on this). Though anything is possible this game, I wouldn't worry too much about Talisman's alignment if he does come back.

2) Time travel. Stoic said that there would be at least one time travel wolf in this game. If Talisman and any others get a backdated guard, the wolves finding the guardian (which we can pretty much all agree exists by this point) could time travel back and kill him Night 1 and undo everything he's done the entire game. Of course, this all depends on the wolves finding the guardian, the guardian actually having time travel powers (as opposed to a blue completely devoted to time travel), etc. This completely complicated scenario leads into my next subject:

3) Time travel wtf. No time travel in this game is safe. Any wolf who goes back and does an alternate kill could risk getting killed themselves, just like a guardian saving someone, and getting subsequently lynched due to mulitple votes sent in. Thus said, I think we should all come to an agreement about posting all of our numbered votes, or PMing the second and third to Stoic.

I'm interested in everyone else's views on these subjects, as well.
Old 10-10-2006, 07:17 PM   #23
sertman
DADALADAH
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to sertman Send a message via MSN to sertman

I was thinking about this too. It's to our advantage that the wolves don't know ALL of our votes, but in order to prevent the wolves from bandwagoning easily by just PMing the votes, your idea is what we should do.

Old 10-10-2006, 07:46 PM   #24
iggymatrixcounter
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to iggymatrixcounter

Well if you do send votes to stoic, send them to me too if you trust me. That way I can better plan where things go and happen.
Old 10-10-2006, 08:11 PM   #25
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

ugh you ****ing people

Wilkin says we should give INSANELY VALUABLE INFO to the wolves.

IT DOESN'T AID THE HUMANS AT ALL TO KNOW WHO WOULD BE LYNCHED IN PLACE IF A LYNCH IS CHANGED. IT ONLY ALLOWS THE WOLVES TO PLAN THEIR TIME TRAVELINGS SO THAT CERTAIN PEOPLE GET LYNCHED.

Although, I suppose, even with us all posting our choices, the wolves still wouldn't have the whole picture. There are the votes of dead players to account for. YOUR PLAN IS USELESS, WILKIN.
Old 10-10-2006, 08:15 PM   #26
sertman
DADALADAH
FFR Simfile Author

uh where in his plan does it say that the wolves get any type of valuable info

Old 10-10-2006, 08:17 PM   #27
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

It let's them know who the second choice for lynch is. That is massive.
Old 10-10-2006, 08:20 PM   #28
sertman
DADALADAH
FFR Simfile Author

Oh wow I completely misread his post... i read it as "...only posting our first numbered vote, and then pming the second and third to stoic"

Yeah that's bad wilkin

Old 10-10-2006, 08:23 PM   #29
Wilkin
FFR Player

I was just saying that since Stoic said we could do either in the original thread, we should agree on which method to take (or mix them for strategic purposes). I wasn't condoning either method specifically.
Old 10-10-2006, 08:27 PM   #30
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Well you shouldn't have even mentioned posting them openly. That's such a blatently stupid idea, there shouldn't even be discussion to it.
Old 10-10-2006, 08:32 PM   #31
Wilkin
FFR Player

Well, just as he wolves could use it to go back and get someone lynched, a time-traveler human could do the same to take out a person they feel is a wolf. And while doing so might kill off a different human, the wolves doing it could have the same effect. I was just wondering how people felt about it beyond know the order of lynches if a tear happens.
Old 10-10-2006, 09:33 PM   #32
CypherToorima
Boss of all bosses
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to CypherToorima

I feel like we should pm our second and/or third votes to Stoic. there's not very much for humans to gain from knowing how people were casting their alternate votes, but the wolves could capitalize greatly from this knowledge.
Say a wolf got lynched by only one vote, and the alternate was a human. They see if they kill this one person based off people's second choice, the wolf lives and the human dies. But if we don't give the wolves the knowledge of our second vote, they may or may not try to stop that wolf from dying, since it may result in a more important wolf dying.
Old 10-10-2006, 09:55 PM   #33
iggymatrixcounter
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Ah yes send them privately to stoic, very easy decision.

But make sure you send them to me also because even though there are possible roles that can do what wolves do, I won't be able to use them unless I have the info, done on trust only because some people are trusting me, others are cautious, others don't trust me.
Old 10-11-2006, 03:11 PM   #34
FoJaR
The Worst

Send a message via AIM to FoJaR Send a message via MSN to FoJaR

hey stoic i was wondering if you could make the voting deadlines at night, because a lot of people have school and stuff going on during the day.
Old 10-11-2006, 03:19 PM   #35
StoicRoivaS
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to StoicRoivaS

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoJaR View Post
hey stoic i was wondering if you could make the voting deadlines at night, because a lot of people have school and stuff going on during the day.
I will be editing the opening posts of this game frequently. It is in everyone's best interest to check them once in a while. I changed the "Day" deadline yesterday to 9pm thursday. If this is not enough time, feel free to send me a message and I'll extended it accordingly. Again, day ends 9pm thursday. After I update the current town history, I'll try to keep the most current day/night deadlines in the post along with the history update, as well as in my update posts in the thread as the game progresses.
-Bowser
Old 10-11-2006, 06:39 PM   #36
iggymatrixcounter
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Looks like school's in session lol. Activity on the thread is down.

Needless to say I've got to talk with a few more people before I throw down a vote.

First off, since I don't think this hurts anyone, talisman was found to be blue. I can't say exactly what role gave me this info but it's verifiable at least twice. So either two wolves are going out on a limb for no real reason, or talisman is actually blue.

Now if anyone that hasn't come to me has the power to resurrect somehow, then go for it. Course it's possible that he could be killed right after but at least we can get some intel from him and his role before the wolves have to kill him again.

I really doubt talisman is a wolf. Even if my source(s) are lying, then that would only make them wolfy and since I'm not revealing anything they wouldn't gain trust from me anyways.

Anyways, there's something to work with I guess.
Old 10-11-2006, 06:43 PM   #37
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

I'll be in class tomorrow evening and there is a small chance I won't get a chance to post (or I'll forget to...), so I'm gonna vote now.

Vash, because he had time to call me a wp;f over aim, but didn't bother to post even once.

iggy: that sounds like a good idea. If he's confirmed as blue, my idea of him wolfing himself as a wolf thinking he'd definitely be brought back is kinda null and void.
Old 10-11-2006, 09:25 PM   #38
iggymatrixcounter
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Ok since tomorrow is end of the day I think I've talked to all the people I need to.

I'll give you two names to throw around.

Wilkin and Kilga.

One or the other it doesn't matter to me. They both act human a lot normally I know but they are loose ends in what I know about everyone else.

I know that this game is crazy so obviously someone could have info that I don't know about and they haven't brought it to me for whatever reason. I'll accept that, but I just want to give you guys who know little to nothing something to go on. If through your convos you're finding one worse than the other then go for it.

Also I know the thread is dead but a lot of the game is being discussed in AIMs so if you're normally inactive you may want to branch out a little because I doubt many people will be doing a lot on the thread.

I'll put my vote down later when I get home later on.

INSTA ONE OF THEM IF IT COMES TO THAT!!!! I'm tired of phantoms losing it for humans.

Also send me your votes that you send to stoic. I very much doubt the wolves will try to time travel to save a lynched wolf because they won't know if what they are changing will matter in the end because they don't have access to the votes. But I'm not ruling out the possibility of the wolves being able to view these votes somehow either. Anything and any role ever discussed and ever existed needs to be assumed in this game.

Good luck tomorrow lol.
Old 10-11-2006, 09:33 PM   #39
vashthestampede0987
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to vashthestampede0987

Oops. Forgot about TWG -_-.

Kilga has only posted once about chris being batman and not said anything after that. Chances are I won't be able to post tomorrow because after school I have spanish club and a football game. PS that means I'm not getting home till about 11-ish then off to do homework.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthlight
I hate myself.

Cheers,

Synthlight
xxpla tonic love: GIVE IT TO ME
xxpla tonic love: ****ing give it to me
Old 10-11-2006, 09:33 PM   #40
vashthestampede0987
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to vashthestampede0987