7. yo man im awesome - Human
8. Charu - Wolf
9. Netjet! - Wolf
10. runescapedude1126 - Human
11. Silvuh - Human
12. danceguy117 - Human
13. Brilliant Dynamite Neon - Wolf

Host Comments:

Humans got off to a good early start in lynching Netjet!. The game fell apart when Jarrod/Xiz asked Bdn/Charu for Skype screenshots of the logs between them and the wolves couldn't counter the strategy in time. This may create a demand for a new rule attempting to ban screenshots of chatlogs from future games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V
Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.
Old 10-26-2013, 11:47 PM   #2
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: TWG: CII Postgame

As was said in another thread, it was a cheap way, but they came to a logical conclusion to do that.

I should've seen it coming and attempted to make some sort of fake log beforehand, but I think with the problems BDN had with his Internet, there really was no way I could do that.

I mean, I guess I could've, but it probably wouldn't have been natural at all, haha.

In short, I was boned to begin with. freakysnots tossed an idea on some people's head that made me a suspect. I just never thought they would go the lengths to actually ask for a physical screenshot.

Oh well, learn by mistakes, I said in the other thread. Was fun, even if it was just till day 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRedWolf87 View Post
Charu the red-nosed Snivy
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it
You could even say it glows

All of the other Snivies
Used to laugh and call him names
They never let poor Charu
Join in any Snivy games

(Click the arrow to see the rest)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta21 View Post
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

Last edited by Charu; 10-26-2013 at 11:52 PM..
Old 10-26-2013, 11:58 PM   #3
thesunfan
Role Tide
Sectional ModeratorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to thesunfan

I've learned a lot from this...
basically that I suck at that I shouldn't trust anyone.
but if there's anything that I did right, it was trust j-rodd so ?????
look forward to future games, and maaaaaybe I won't fuck up as much.
Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley.
Quote:
Originally Posted by star-crossed View Post
(Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)
Old 10-27-2013, 12:24 AM   #4
dAnceguy117
new hand moves = dab

yep I learned a lot too. major points:

- think and review before submitting each post
- don't sell anyone short

[10/24/2013 10:05:09 PM] Jarrod Psutka: what do u think of charu
[10/24/2013 10:08:45 PM] danceguy: yo you still there?
[10/24/2013 10:08:59 PM] danceguy: ok I'll just leave these here
[10/24/2013 10:09:25 PM] danceguy: being reluctant to claim vigi orb was a bizarre fucking move
[10/24/2013 10:09:55 PM] danceguy: but idk if I can call it wolfy. from what I've learned about charu in the last game I would say it's not really out of line from towncharu.
[10/24/2013 10:10:35 PM] danceguy: other than that I'm kind of lowballing his abilities and I'm gonna say he wouldn't be natural enough of a liar to come up with shit on the spot during skype calls
[10/25/2013 12:50:32 PM] danceguy: 12+ hours later: changed my mind
[10/25/2013 12:50:35 PM] danceguy: leaning wolf

Charu I underestimated you big time. you played a great game, dude. BDN, I thought you also played really well. definitely want to get the chance to play in another game with you.

Netjet, if you are at all uncertain about any hypothetical scenarios and questions that could come up when you have a special wolf role (or in this case an orb), you should talk to your wolf buddies and make sure you fully understand what you should do. other than that I thought your posting was a-ok.

well-deserved MVP for j-rodd, as he called out Netjet and BDN pretty much before anyone else. he also made a correct runescapedude read in Day 2 when I was still lost there.

I thought the town played well this game. we got close to mislynches and then steered things in a different direction. while the same type of maneuver could end up badly in other cases (almost lynch a wolf -> lynch a human), I think it's an effective way of pressuring players and gathering data.
Old 10-27-2013, 01:21 AM   #5
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!

Curious what made you lean wolf, I'm sure it was freakysnots work, haha. (I actually had to take a look at my PMs to you and the thread to see why, couldn't so assuming freakysnots)

Quote:
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it

All of the other Snivies
Join in any Snivy games

Quote:
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.
Old 10-27-2013, 01:56 AM   #6
dAnceguy117
new hand moves = dab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
I wouldn't think someone would lie about a seer in day one and even unlikelier a wolf had the seer orb to begin with (but it's obviously an option for them).
I went back and looked for people who pointed out that it was unlikely for wolves to have the seer orb. iirc the only ones I found were you and runescapedude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
I have the vigi orb. I saw word that it would make sense to admit and someone in PMs convinced me just now to. Only reason I didn't do it sooner is because I'm just afraid of wolves taking advantage of everyone knowing.
we were voting on the vigi pick anyway, so I didn't understand how keeping yourself hidden could have any human motive.

other than that, though, just process of elimination. it was probably more about other people than it was about you
Old 10-27-2013, 04:04 AM   #7
Tps222
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Tps222 Send a message via Yahoo to Tps222 Send a message via Skype™ to Tps222

so proud of jrodd/xiz. That is how you manufacture a win. No need to change the rules; wolves have to be ready for that. good game to charu/bdn up until then. You were my 2nd pairing.
Old 10-27-2013, 12:21 PM   #8
Silvuh
quit
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

I was talking a lot with BDN about the game on Skype, and at one point, he warned me about trusting just anyone with information and asked why I came to him about it. And I said, "Because you are you, duh. You'd only question that if you were a wolf~". But I wasn't taking myself seriously at all, because I didn't want to believe that one of my closest friends had to be lying to me. I know deception is part of the game, but ... It hurt, and I hadn't guessed it was going to be that upsetting to me. BDN certainly didn't enjoy having to deceive me, either. I didn't really pick up on just how uncomfortable it made him.

So if we're both going to continue playing TWG, BDN and I will take turns joining games so that won't happen again.

P.S.

So actually about the game ... I had guessed that the remaining two wolves would both have to be either inexperienced or inactive to not stop Netjet from making the mistake that got him caught. So the Charu/BDN pair wasn't surprising there.

From a Skype call between dAnce, sunfan, Charu and me, dAnce asked me later if anything Charu had said seemed wolfy. The only thing I could think of would be Charu insisting sunfan should decide who to vigi, possibly because he didn't want to feel responsible for a vigi that he knew would turn out human. And with the two players with the most votes both being town, the wolves didn't even have to try to sway the vote that night.

(Oh, and BDN saying "I told you so" about Xiz flipping green did turn out to be a wolfian slip, haha ... )

But, despite all that, I would have gone for lynching RSD on Day Two before the slip-up just because I didn't like his attitude, insisting that an early vigi would be a wolfy waste but then going back and calling himself disposable. Sorry, eheh. I'll try to be more careful about that next time.

P.P.S.

I am on the side of "It feels like a cheap win", but it was my first game, so ... yeah. Not going to argue about universal rules, but I'll probably turn some things off whenever I get to host a game. I am looking forward to trying to play more and getting to more actively contribute.
Old 10-27-2013, 12:30 PM   #9
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!

Aww... Silvuh...

Well alright, and... funny you should mention about wolves stopping Netjet.

Here folks, let me share something.

[10/19/2013 4:27:00 PM] Charu: Well, what if you lied to the tracker? Very low risk, but there's that possibility.

I asked Dark and someone asked Dark this question what would happen if the seer seered the blue.
[10/19/2013 4:27:07 PM] Charu: He said it would come out at blue... I think?
[10/19/2013 4:27:12 PM] Charu: Hold on, let me double check.
[10/19/2013 4:27:32 PM] Mitch: So wait, I can claim that I seered the tracker?
[10/19/2013 4:27:47 PM] Mitch: and he came out as blue?
[10/19/2013 4:28:16 PM] Charu: Nonononono
[10/19/2013 4:28:26 PM] Mitch: Yeah that didnt make sense to me
[10/19/2013 4:28:32 PM] Charu: I mean if you seer someone, the host will you that he's blue, but hold ooooooon.
[10/19/2013 4:28:37 PM] Charu: I'm asking him right now.
[10/19/2013 4:28:57 PM] Mitch: ah
[10/19/2013 4:29:51 PM] Charu: What did Dark's PM look like by the way?
[10/19/2013 4:30:30 PM] Mitch: Quoted my PM, and just said "J-rodd is green" with green bolded/colored
[10/19/2013 4:32:18 PM] Charu: [Saturday, October 19, 2013 4:27 PM] Charu:

<<< Heya, quick question, I think you answered this before, but I just want to double check.

If someone were to seer someone that was the tracker this game, would it flip as a tracker?
Or just human?[Saturday, October 19, 2013 4:28 PM] George malone:

<<< tracker would be blue[Saturday, October 19, 2013 4:28 PM] Charu:

<<< Right, but would the flip say blue?He didn't answer back the last question, dang it, lol
[10/19/2013 4:32:43 PM] Mitch: i assume with cardflips that it says blue
[10/19/2013 4:33:06 PM] Mitch: unless otherwise stated in the OP
[10/19/2013 4:33:49 PM] Charu: Well alright, well then, I'm just bringing the attention that, as low as the threat may be, you might actually say someone's green when they're the tracker.
[10/19/2013 4:33:55 PM] Charu: Highly unlikely, but ya know, lol.

Quote:
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it

All of the other Snivies
Join in any Snivy games

Quote:
Old 10-27-2013, 01:36 PM   #10
DarkManticoreX2
TWG Overlord
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to DarkManticoreX2

Quote:
Originally Posted by the rules on the first page of the game
A Seer 0rb: check a player for alignment (red/blue/green results)
Reading the rules is pretty important.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V
Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.
Old 10-27-2013, 01:48 PM   #11
dAnceguy117
new hand moves = dab

ouch, Charu, you guys were ALMOST there.

one little semantic thing: each PM sent by the host to the seer (or the seer orb holder in this case) is usually called a "seering" or a "peek," not a "flip." seems trivial, but that might have actually tripped you guys up there a little bit.

I talked to Silvuh a *lot* this game partly because, for whatever reason, I had full confidence in his humanity. I honestly would've been amused to find out otherwise. I could cherry-pick some logs where I sounded like a genius, but I also had some hilariously incorrect hunches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvuh View Post
P.P.S.

I am on the side of "It feels like a cheap win", but it was my first game, so ... yeah. Not going to argue about universal rules, but I'll probably turn some things off whenever I get to host a game. I am looking forward to trying to play more and getting to more actively contribute.
this... brings up a really good point, one I hadn't considered. we could always leave chat logs/screenshots on/off as a decision left up to each host. if you play in a game with logs on, then you should know what to expect. I kinda like that actually.

I'm inspired now so here's a quick log dump from my POV

edit: removed

Last edited by dAnceguy117; 10-28-2013 at 07:46 AM..
Old 10-27-2013, 03:09 PM   #12
Xiz
TWG Chaos

Send a message via Skype™ to Xiz

A few things I wanna say about this game, along with little comments about everyone. First off, sorry for being such a dick this game. I tried not to act like V but it happened. (shots fired :P haha jk jk) Aaaannnyywaaayyyy... I don't regret asking for logs. It's in the rules, and the wolves could / should have been prepared for it. It is kinda 'cheap' but at the same time it could have been easily avoided on their end. Also, if you haven't figured it out, If you read the first word of all my posts till about the time I almost died, I was rick rolling all of you. Trololol.

1. TPS222
Sorry for being a dick to you about your effort in the game, I just am trying out new tactics for this game to get as much as I can. <3

3. thesunfan
Blah, sorry I went to go watch breaking bad instead of playing when you revealed haha. I know I couldn't have saved you, but still it sucks. Also, I owe a lot of this game's win to you for making me risk in trusting J-rodd. It payed off in the end.

4. j-rodd123
Brilling fucking job by you man. You really stepped up this game a lot. Great tag team at the end there to catch those two :P Well deserved MVP this game.

5. Freakysnots
You planted the seed in my head to look at Charu. It worked, and it let allowed me to pressure him a lot to get more and more out of him. Thx bro.

6. Krauthammer
RIP Krauth. Not much of a game played with you haha. Next time

7. yo man im awesome
Man you really tricked me this game. I was really solid on believing you were a wolf. Luckily I was able to see the light and let my lovely green buddy live!

8. Charu
Brilliant game Charu. Up until I kinda caught you, you had me really fooled. A lot of your talking in hangouts and whatnot was very realistic, and it had me fooled. Ugh I feel so betrayed by my lovely snivy. Hoowww cooulld yoooouuu. But man you are gonna be really really scary in some upcoming games let me tell ya. I'm gonna really keep a close eye on you lmfao.

9. Netjet!
Sorry man, ya got caught. Was fun playing with ya though haha.

10. runescapedude1126
I freakin' hate you man. I can't read you and I don't like it hahaha. But you did a great job at what you did, and I approve. Well done.

11. Silvuh
Sorry 'bout your feelings with BDN, that really does make me sad. I really really hope you two still play though. Remember, it's just a game. But otherwise, you had a really good game, and thanks to you we got Netjet. Well done.

12. danceguy117
Go die ******.

jk jk

But damn how long did we talk about all the possible combinations? lmfao we are too addicted to this.

13. Brilliant Dynamite Neon
Same with what I said about Silvuh, I feel really bad that it really kinda hurt ya both. But I guess I really do hope you two still play...

Old 10-27-2013, 03:27 PM   #13
James May
FFR Player

gg. Well played town. Also, is it odd that I was the only one who knew that Charu was a wolf from the start ._.?

Anyhow, working on a game right now (well, past week heh. Still tweaking here and there but welp, those who I showed the progress to knows how complex the game is xd)

Old 05-22-2014, 11:06 AM   #14
DarkManticoreX2
TWG Overlord
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to DarkManticoreX2

Archived 5-22-2014 12:06 PM EST

Quote:
Originally Posted by V
Closed Thread