Vendetta21
Sectional Moderator
Sectional Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Vendetta21
Default Re: TWG XCV: Nobody messes with the frog, see

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakysnots View Post
we can't assume our vigi is competent
Should we also post who we think should be seered, guarded in every post? We can't assume our seers or guards are competent either. This strategy highlights vigilantes arbitrarily, and assumes that they have any reason to trust the masses more than their own instinct when the masses spent two days being wrong last game. Additionally vigilantes should not fire every night, and sometimes never at all. There are just so many problems with your strategy and you are so stubbornly and emotionally attached to it that most aren't willing to put in the effort to argue with you. That and arguing with you takes away from the immediate task at hand.

I am willing because the less white noise your brain generates the more focused on the signal your brain will be.

Most of us have come to terms with the way one must play C9++ since we have tried it first hand. Apparently you haven't:

http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=C9%2B%2B

There links to fourteen games with this set-up played by fairly experienced players, go look at how the town approaches the game in the ones they win and reconsider your approach.

Additionally, here is play advice from mafiascum wiki to playing vigilante roles for you and everyone:

Quote:
The philosophy of when and how often a player should shoot is debatable. One school of thought is that kills narrow down the pool of suspects, so any player that is not less likely to be scum than random should be fair game for being shot. This same school of thought favors killing on every Night, including Night 0 (when there is no game-related information about any player).

The other school of thought is that Vigilante kills take away majority-rules lynches from the Town, placing too much power in one player's fallible hands. This school of thought advocates only shooting players who are likely to be scum (or even whoever the Town collectively dictates should be shot), and not shooting otherwise.

The best play as a Vigilante is to shoot scum. This requires the Vig to find scum. There is no easy way to do this. However, because of their ability to make or break entire games depending on who they target, Vigs are frequently lauded and/or blamed for their decisions beyond appropriate proportions. Thus, as a Vig your best bet is to make decisions that will not cause you to be hated by every other player in the game. If in doubt, shoot a player that people would want to policy lynch (i.e. lurkers).
Old 05-21-2013, 10:23 PM   #42
freakysnots
八一
FFR Veteran

my vote is intentional and is staying right there.

Old 05-21-2013, 10:31 PM   #43
Tps222
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Tps222 Send a message via Yahoo to Tps222 Send a message via Skype™ to Tps222

Quote:
Originally Posted by j-rodd123 View Post
and you got a reaction, why not keep the pressure there?
because the purpose of my vote was to see how he reacts to pressure. It was a pretty emotional reaction, one that intrinsically feels human to me. With 2 votes already on him (my apologies on mis-attributing your vote as a bandwagon one), I don't see the purpose of keeping the vote tally that high.

Freaky might be my new favorite player though, whenever I scroll down and see that his post is next, I know i'm in store for some absurd nonsense and hilarity.

He's essentially playing the same game as last game. I don't know if that's normal for him, but it makes a great cover for a wolf.
Old 05-21-2013, 10:32 PM   #44
Vendetta21
Sectional Moderator
Sectional Moderator

Wasn't arguing with your vote just trying to make us attempt the strategy. I don't really mind if you list your #2 suspicion, that's your call.
Old 05-21-2013, 10:35 PM   #45
j-rodd123
End of the road
FFR Veteran

Default Re: TWG XCV: Nobody messes with the frog,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tps222 View Post
because the purpose of my vote was to see how he reacts to pressure. It was a pretty emotional reaction, one that intrinsically feels human to me. With 2 votes already on him (my apologies on mis-attributing your vote as a bandwagon one), I don't see the purpose of keeping the vote tally that high.
lf.
Good that was my thoughts on his reaction as well

ac1

Quote:
Originally Posted by FictionJunction View Post
wow
Old 05-21-2013, 10:35 PM   #46
cedolad
moonchild~
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to cedolad

safety on jrodd for now, haven't had time to check the thread. probs ain't shit anyway.
Old 05-21-2013, 10:35 PM   #47
freakysnots
八一
FFR Veteran

I was talking about my vote on yo man. Which I thought tps would understand why I put a vote there, which he didn't.

Old 05-21-2013, 10:36 PM   #48
cedolad
moonchild~

sorry

jrodd
Old 05-21-2013, 10:38 PM   #49
freakysnots
八一
FFR Veteran

How was yo man's reaction satisfactory for you? Seriously.

Old 05-21-2013, 10:48 PM   #50
Vendetta21
Sectional Moderator
Sectional Moderator

Oh hey gang there's no need to call your votes safeties in this game considering you can
A.) not vote and not get a phantom
Or
B.) vote no-lynch

cedolad for placing a safety this early (aside from the above)
Old 05-21-2013, 10:51 PM   #51
cedolad
moonchild~

well if you read my post maybe that would explain a thing or two lol

I just got home, realizing the game started. slowly starting my psychoanalysis of each of you.

vendetta
Old 05-21-2013, 10:57 PM   #52
FoJaR
The Worst

Send a message via AIM to FoJaR Send a message via MSN to FoJaR

VOTECOUNT: Day 1 (ends Monday 8 PM EST)

TPS (1): freaky
James (1): viccica
viccica (1): yoman
freaky (2): dance, TPS
cedo (1): V
V (1): cedo
AC1 (1): jrodd

5 votes to lynch

yet to vote: Manti, james, zoshi, jayde, AC1

Old 05-21-2013, 10:59 PM   #53
freakysnots
八一
FFR Veteran

I'm going to call tps out on his bullshit.

Old 05-21-2013, 11:05 PM   #54
Tps222
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Tps222 Send a message via Yahoo to Tps222 Send a message via Skype™ to Tps222

lol freaky, totally not a butthurt reactionary revenge vote.

Talk about pot calling kettle black. You're throwing out potential distractions (ie: worrying about a role that might not even exist) and then attacking someone who calls you out on it. Funny.

YoMan's reaction was satisfactory for me because it exemplifies the way a human should traditionally react at the beginning of the game (or at the least, is an emotional reaction that a wolf could never afford to do if they planned on not drawing attention to themselves). I know this a foreign concept to you, as you just spout things off-the-cuff. I actually enjoy that you do that, it's going to provide a lot of analysis fodder.
Old 05-21-2013, 11:07 PM   #55
freakysnots
八一
FFR Veteran

The only real reaction vote you got was after I posted and yo man responded to me. Nice chance to push a bandwagon on me eh?

Old 05-21-2013, 11:16 PM   #56
Vendetta21
Sectional Moderator
Sectional Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedolad View Post
well if you read my post maybe that would explain a thing or two lol

I just got home, realizing the game started. slowly starting my psychoanalysis of each of you.

vendetta
I read your post and it was an utter shit reason to place a safety especially since you are still capable of reading and posting.

You know what it makes a lot more sense for a reasonable person to perceive it as? Trying to appear active and then skate by. Place a vote and say you will weigh in later while you wait for someone else to start a bandwagon on a human. Whenever I see shit like that I think

"Why not just wait and post when you have the time? Or why not just do it right now since you are already voting?"

It's half-assed and lazy wolf behavior, and it is 100% anti-town. The town doesn't need white noise votes from players for the sake of them seeming active. Quite the opposite.
Old 05-21-2013, 11:28 PM   #57
Crazyjayde
FFR Veteran
Wiki Administrator
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Gah, I'm all beat-up after what seemed like a day worth of work and I'm still trying to clear my head to analyze what's been thrown around in Day 1 but I'll have to sleep a bit to get my mind back on track. Tomorrow will also be our 3 years with my fiancé, but I'll take some time to partake into your bandwagoning shenanigans.

Yeah so as I'm writing this, I'm seeing Freaky going all out just like last game and directing votes with absurd logic. Not that it bothers me that much, you're still an active player and this type of approach is a good asset for analysis and pressure, but it still can be an excellent cover if anything.

Anyway, I'll go, I don't have much to base my thoughts off anything. I'll probably be looking at some of the past games and things so I can get a better case to start. Hell, I'll invite your grandmothers for breakfast tomorrow.

I'll go with V for now because of that cedolad's safety vote reaction which seems magnified in proportion given the fact that a rusted player could have had the same idea even if his comment was pretty dumb either way.
I just want somebody to talk to me and give me some loving, might as well be yours.
Old 05-21-2013, 11:31 PM   #58
Crazyjayde
FFR Veteran
Wiki Administrator
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Don't know why I said I'll go, I'll probably lurk anyway since I'm such a night whoring insomniac.
Old 05-21-2013, 11:33 PM   #59
Vendetta21
Sectional Moderator
Sectional Moderator

I don't waste time excusing bad play, I only attack bad play because bad play is where the wolves are hiding. It's like gardening -- I am here to weed out the shit until I find that harem of grotesque lawn gnomes plotting to deflower my rosebuds.

Cedolad is currently planting shit in this garden, and he does not need yours nor anyone else's defense. He only need defend himself.

You should be focused on the same.
Old 05-21-2013, 11:47 PM   #60
Crazyjayde
FFR Veteran
Wiki Administrator
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

I'm all for eliminating parasites and making the exchanges in the thread as much informative as they can be, but I'm just pointing the fact that cedo addressed his safety vote clumsily which might not be indicative of a wolf behavior but rather an out of shape player that is acting without any second thought.
Fact is, I'm more interested into knowing his reasoning for keeping Jrodd as his main vote. I understand what suspicions he can have but do not understand the need of declaring in an apologetic manner. And don't feed me any bullshit.
Closed Thread