Old 10-18-2009, 03:27 AM   #162
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean
Default Re: TWG LXXXIX: Simplicity

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkManticoreX2 View Post
ac1colossus (12:17:42 AM): maybe, but I don't really get any bad vibes from him so far. If he was a wolf, I'd think he'd be far less quick to accuse me
DarkManticoreX2 (12:18:10 AM): you cant know that
ac1colossus (12:18:16 AM): i suppose not
DarkManticoreX2 (12:18:20 AM): you've never played a game with him
How many games have you played with me?

That actually is pretty accurate about my play style as a wolf. I might try to act as offensively, but I'm pretty obvious as a wolf. Go check the history thread and read some of my wolf games.

Quote:
DarkManticoreX2 (10:03:06 PM): and looking over their posts afro comes off wolfy to me
DarkManticoreX2 (10:03:21 PM): however it might be too early to play this theory
Awesome Lamer (10:03:48 PM): Yeah.
Seems like you scoured your logs just to find a little snippet where you directly said your suspicion on me might be unfounded. You could have just as easily said those same words again and they'd have exactly the same value to my ears. It comes off as weasel words to justify your statements when you knew others might not agree, rather than you simply stating something but not being all that sure about it (who is sure of anything during day 1?).

And not that it necessarily means anything in particular, but it took you 15 seconds to type "however it might be too early to play this theory". I'd think you'd be able to type that a lot faster if it was a directly following continuation of the previous entry and not something you thought of a few seconds after having submitted the previous line.

Quote:
I understand what this game is about
Above all else, the game is about social engineering. The way you win games is by bypassing the social engineering aspect and abusing blue powers to build alliances. I believe your exact words were "alliances win games, period."

Alliances are an unintended byproduct of allowing private discussion, particularly on Internet forums. The game is not designed to support private conversations where information can be shared privately. In a real game, they might allow note passing, but even that wouldn't be completely private as everyone would still be able to see you passing notes.

Quote:
If it comes down to the wire, basically everyone needs to be re-examined.
When it comes down to that and I'm dead and the only people left are going to be wolves plus inactive/not-as-sharp people, you really think they'd be able to pull off a good re-examination?

Quote:
Afro, a lot of your posts seem to be intentionally playing devils' advocate, heck, you even contradict yourself twice maybe three times between your two large posts in a haste to debunk everything I say.
Which points are you referring to? Why make such an ambiguous statement when mentioning something specifically could effectively nail me as I stand and take a lot of air out of my argument?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tupacodaman
The psychic would then come out to this green, and then the seer and psychic would know each other and work on finding the wolves.
This is making the assumption that the psychic would be willing to go along with the plan. And other than the wolves, who is actually actively in favor of this plan?

And do you really believe the psychic working with the seer would be THAT MUCH better at finding wolves? A lot of people apparently think that card flips aren't even a useful tool in attempting to find wolves (and instead think seer'd greens are better? what?). The thing to gain here is a 2 man mason team, but do you really think risking the seer's life and risking the psychic's life (if he even goes along with it) is worth earning that one little 2-man team? And what of the seer'd person? Assuming he was actually green, you're either ensuring that he's wolfed the next night, or if the wolves leave him alive, he end up causing us to waste a lynch on him. I don't know about you, but I find wolf kills very useful in picking suspects out of my prospective list. Today, for example, Syhto died. I had been a little suspicious of her, but with her being wolfed, she gets stricken from my suspect list.

Quote:
that's a better chance than having the psychic come out to the thread after 3 days, saying "wow you guys suck, you killed one wolf and two humans/you killed three humans" and then have the psychic killed immediately...
Are you retarded? Why would the psychic do this? This is completely unnecessary. If the humans are screwing up, they don't need the psychic to suicide to know it. They'll know it based on the fact that the game hasn't been won yet.

But what's the stance on anonymous account messaging? This used to happen from time to time back in the day for blues or reds to deliver messages anonymously. I think it might have been decided to be against the rules though. But that was a long time ago, back when psychics seer'd green and games without guardians didn't have master wolves either.

Quote:
manti as master wolf? wtf would we do?
You'd vote for him. And lynch him. Well, you probably wouldn't since you're a wolf with him, but you know what I mean.
Old 10-18-2009, 03:46 AM   #163
FictionJunction
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to FictionJunction Send a message via MSN to FictionJunction Send a message via Yahoo to FictionJunction Send a message via Skype™ to FictionJunction

I would like to extend my sincerest apologies to arfo. I didn't mean to come off as saying that he's a poor and unintelligent player.
Old 10-18-2009, 03:46 AM   #164
FictionJunction
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to FictionJunction Send a message via MSN to FictionJunction Send a message via Yahoo to FictionJunction Send a message via Skype™ to FictionJunction

I would like to extend my sincerest apologies to arfo. I didn't mean to come off as saying that he's a poor and unintelligent player.
Old 10-18-2009, 03:47 AM   #165
FictionJunction
FFR Player

arfo, talk to me ;_;
Old 10-18-2009, 03:51 AM   #166
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FictionJunction View Post
arfo, talk to me ;_;
I won't let you dissuade me from voting for your wolf partners!

Also: I'm at work and need to go soon, so I'm not gonna bother with meebo. Maybe tomorrow, bro.
Old 10-18-2009, 03:52 AM   #167
FictionJunction
FFR Player

k, I'll hold you to it
Old 10-18-2009, 04:30 AM   #168
Makilaz
TWG Princess
FFR Veteran

Send a message via ICQ to Makilaz Send a message via AIM to Makilaz Send a message via MSN to Makilaz Send a message via Yahoo to Makilaz Send a message via Skype™ to Makilaz

Quote:
But what's the stance on anonymous account messaging?
No. Completely against the rules, and breaks the game thoroughly if exploited.
Old 10-18-2009, 07:51 AM   #169
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makilaz View Post
No. Completely against the rules, and breaks the game thoroughly if exploited.
I agree, but then again, I also am of the opinion that blues themselves can break a game by being exploited 8)

ps fiction bro, i'll be heading to sleep within a few hours, I might be up and on later this afternoon/evening, if not I'll do my best to get on meebo at work tonight.
Old 10-18-2009, 10:25 AM   #170
sc979
FFR Player
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to sc979

Okay, you guys do know that if the seer comes out to the MW and the psychic also comes out to him, that the MW could tell the psychic that one of the other wolves was the seer, and do the same thing with the seer about the psychic? Then two false alliances will be created and we lose both blues without getting a wolf.

So my stance is basically that the seer shouldn't reveal himself to anybody unless they hit a red and can't persuade others to vote for the wolf otherwise.

safety on pandaexpress
Old 10-18-2009, 11:00 AM   #171
Ruritsu
FFR Player

When does voting end, because I don't think insta is gonna save me of a phantom this time. In the mean time, safety on U84.
Old 10-18-2009, 11:16 AM   #172
A2P
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to A2P

manti for safety
Old 10-18-2009, 12:43 PM   #173
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by A2P View Post
manti for safety
lol

ps sc979, glad to see you being more reasonable than some other members here, but I'd really like to see a little more words from you. What did you think of what happened yesterday, who do you think would be good to lynch today? Let's hear some specific and unique words, bro.
Old 10-18-2009, 02:27 PM   #174
sc979
FFR Player

hm.. manti's plan does possibly risk both blues in return for nothing, so a vet pushing for this strategy does seem off. However, if he happens to be human, I've noticed that you keep saying that if you were a wolf, you wouldn't wolf manti and wait for people to lynch him instead and you've ended up placing the first vote on him. I wouldn't be surprised if one of you two happen to be a wolf, but I'm unsure of what to do. I did put up a safety vote before..
Old 10-18-2009, 04:21 PM   #175
Panda Express
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Panda Express

So few people are posting consistantly besides Afro and Manti that its hard for me to make any opinion based off just forum posts...

So anyone knows, I'll be on aim for the next hour or so. Got a project to do. No one ever seems to AIM me, accursed new-guy syndrome =(
Old 10-18-2009, 05:28 PM   #176
tupacodaman
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to tupacodaman

wow, it's hard to take people seriously when they call you "retarded"...

First off, why do you have an issue with alliances? Wolves have alliances too in this online version of the game. I'm sure you know this, but in RL wolves know each other BUT cannot communicate with each other... in this game, they know each other AND can talk to each other via PM/AIM, so there's no reason why humans shouldn't try to build an alliance as well.

Again, I understand that it's risky to have both the seer and psychic come out, but it's better than trying to "deduce" who is a wolf... honestly, we could probably find two wolves through deducing, but by the time we'll have killed so many nonwolves it won't be worth it. if we have the seer and psychic know each other, that's one less person the seer has to worry about being a wolf. then, through their puppet green, they can decide on who is most likely to be a wolf and that green will lead the way on voting for this person. then the psychic can confirm whether or not the lynched person was red or not, and the seer can base his decision on who to seer next based off that. At the moment, we are having the seer take whatever info he has gathered from talking to people and then make an information based off that. Even if he does seer a red, there is no way for him atm to make a push for that person.......................................................................

which is reason enough to take a chance at having a three person alliance that will allow for the seer's red hits to be revealed.

Also, in case it wasn't clear, the green in the alliance wouldn't come out unless a red was seered... in which case trading out a green for a red is totally worth it.

also, the plan about the psychic for which you called me "retarded" was mentioned by ruritsu, who mentioned that it wasn't a good plan either but "better than me and manti's". to which I say, again, we are not going to win any game by sitting here on our asses and "deducing" who is a wolf or not. the wolves are going to kill people who are semi-active, then leave us to our own devices, which will lead to either manti or afro being lynched, then probably the other who isn't lynched, then probably myself, and basically just leaving everyone in the dark then since no one will be participating.

it happens
every
single
game

encouraging us to try to "deduce" four wolves is pretty silly... the game will end and greens will lose... there's no way in hell we can accurately get even two. Example: last game, all I did was stay in the background, though I did have the wolves try to bomb me to make it seem like I was human. if anyone seriously thought I was a wolf I call bull****. and though I bet everyone was saying "omfg I knew Iggy was MW", no you didn't... or you would have lynched him long ago . basically, you can't be convinced of any deductions. you can only get super pissed off and try to defend yourself even though your convictions are little better than anyone else's...

I'll end by saying: do you really think Bolth would have rage quit the game if he were a red/blue?
Old 10-18-2009, 05:29 PM   #177
Gun92
The Paragon of Perfection
FFR Veteran

I asked for a sub, just so everyone knows.
Old 10-18-2009, 07:22 PM   #178
A2P
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to A2P

safety on tupac

didnt really know what a safety was till now. my bad
Old 10-18-2009, 07:40 PM   #179
sc979
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by tupacodaman View Post
from what me and manti believe, the seer should come out to the first green he seered night 1 (or night 2, w/e) and then have that green come out in the thread. The psychic would then come out to this green, and then the seer and psychic would know each other and work on finding the wolves.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tupacodaman View Post
Also, in case it wasn't clear, the green in the alliance wouldn't come out unless a red was seered... in which case trading out a green for a red is totally worth it.
contradiction?
Old 10-18-2009, 10:53 PM   #180
tupacodaman
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to tupacodaman

sully for now... never seen him sub out, usually just chills in the background if he's human... call it a hunch, will probably change this soon
Closed Thread