Old 08-3-2021, 04:34 PM   #1201
T-Force
Your world ends with you
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: ymotohciD :daerhT emaG 002 GWT

Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
Yes. Trevor likes noobs.

Wanna know what convinces me? He was willing to throw that FG kill in just for the fuck of it, he was wolf which i’d suspect was for the meme of reversing from the rivalry game. Her being my neighbor might be a good selling point because he would be weary to put certain folks here in a one on one chat with me.

Xiz would have gone for a bit more c h a o s imho but just my thoughts.
Mastermind didn't pick neighbours. That was all due to the survey answers which then got placed onto the graph. We've been over this.

And I am not sadistic enough to make noobs a wolf. Especially in a game like this.
Old 08-3-2021, 05:03 PM   #1202
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~

Send a message via Skype™ to DaBackpack

thanks for all the public sharing of info, guys

this game can be a shining beacon, a prelude to a Communist Utopia, one wherein we can all win together if we reject our "zero-sum game" mentality

only 1 person has to lose this game. the rest of us can all win together. we only stand to benefit from sharing our thoughts with each other.

let this be the first True Collectivist game of TWG on this site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogy View Post
no one cares
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog View Post
there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
that's kind of a sad statistic
Old 08-3-2021, 05:23 PM   #1203
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~

Here are some ways to extract your chat logs from Discord:

https://github.com/Tyrrrz/DiscordChatExporter

https://dht.chylex.com/

You can use either of these, I think. They both produce text files. The second one seems to require a browser extension, though. The first one seems to come with a GUI, but you have to compile it yourself.

Quote:
no one cares
Quote:
Old 08-3-2021, 05:26 PM   #1204
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Force View Post
Mastermind didn't pick neighbours. That was all due to the survey answers which then got placed onto the graph. We've been over this.

And I am not sadistic enough to make noobs a wolf. Especially in a game like this.
You would. The wolf team would be too stacked otherwise. You’d also be a fool not to put one there.
Old 08-3-2021, 06:20 PM   #1205
Celirra
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to Celirra

I need to get this off my chest.

I'm extremely disappointed by this whole premise. I'm glad there are people who seem to be enjoying this post-game, but for me, this has left me both annoyed and upset.

I signed up for this game because host asked me to. It's my first time even logging in on FFR for years now, but I did it because I'm not one to deny a request like that. Especially considering it's TWG 200. Sure, I've been in an anon game that Xiz asked me to join, but again I'm not one to say no; that one also went really well and was a fun time. I don't generally enjoy bastard games as-is, but like I said I was happy to be a part of my friend's ambition for a game 200. It seemed like a special experience to be a part of.

The game starts, and honestly I was busy, and it did hurt town quite a bit I felt. I felt really stressed and pressured about it all, especially with so much else going on. I've been having issues with my relationship, as well as a ton of stress from starting my new job a few weeks ago, not to mention the hundreds of other little things. I decided though, I'd put extra time and energy and stress into this, to make sure I was able to contribute to something that mattered for my friends. I made an ass of myself, needless to say, and I was looking forward for a chance to make up for it.

The meteor hit after I put a ton of effort into the game, and I figured, oh cool, something to deduct and figure out! So I was finally excited about something. Then, the info about the game being "solved", about everything being "known", all that illuminati jazz, started happening. I figured, well that's lame; but, it might be a ruse? It might be some kind of 3p win con that we can thwart maybe? That sure sounds like a fun role!

Alas, then the game progressed. ITAs ended up not mattering I figure. Nothing even close to that mattered. Now I'm just looking at a group of people who were selected to have fun this game, trying to find one person who, pardon the harshness but it's how I feel, exploit their friends to see if they could tailor a situation to trick them.

That's the tip of the iceburg though. I'm even just going over all the comments from the masterminds now, in my head, and how they manipulated the game. There were so many arguments that happened that could have at least had the know-it-alls try to stifle a bit, given they knew. There was so much happening that didn't need to go on. I'm thinking now, too, of all that was said this game by those who did know everything; presumably the game didn't matter to them, so what's to gain from making us suffer?

It really was suffering at times. This game was not super fun for me, but at least was a unique and interesting experience with novel twists and turns that could be deducted. There was a retribution element in play with the second game, so post-death there was still a game to be played. There were win cons to be deducted. So much to be done!

But now, it's devolved to those in the know having the fun and sharing their experiences with how fun it was for them this past week, and them and the rest of us just trying to see who hand-picked their favourite people to have fun this game. I'm probably a bit jealous, but given how things turned out, I think it's fair to be.

A big element of twg is the randomness of the roles. It's the fact that anyone can ultimately end up in any situation. Knowing that I wasn't selected to have fun this game, sucks. Knowing there were people who knew everything that didn't care much (save for Xiz, honestly), sucks. Knowing that this made a week of my life a lot harder than it needed to be, sucks.

This whole thing was fun and unique before all these bullshit mastermind twists came in. Now, I just feel rubbish about this all and feel cheated out of what at least had potential to be fun. Sure, this was super unique, but the twist that was underlying the whole time ruined what I expect out of twg, and ruined what I expect from ffr twg.

I'm extremely disappointed. Sorry if this post comes off as rude, insensitive, ingrateful, or anything. This is just genuinely how I feel, and I needed to communicate it formally.
 ノ li.゚ ヮ゚ノi
彡と} 猫.{つ
Old 08-3-2021, 06:30 PM   #1206
Xiz
TWG Chaos

Send a message via Skype™ to Xiz

^ I’ve had a lot of mental stress throughout this game, but Cel makes some very important points. While the game is not over, having the game kinda ripped out of towns hands like that would be super upsetting to me if I wasn’t involved in this.

I think it’s worth talking about in post game, but overall Cel I love you and I can understand how you feel.

If anyone gives shit to cel for these opinions I will negatively judge you.

Old 08-3-2021, 06:31 PM   #1207
Xiz
TWG Chaos

Send a message via Skype™ to Xiz

I know sunfan made this game with love, I can tell. It’s hard because I understand both sides.

Old 08-3-2021, 07:05 PM   #1208
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!

+1 to Cels post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRedWolf87 View Post
Charu the red-nosed Snivy
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it
You could even say it glows

All of the other Snivies
Used to laugh and call him names
They never let poor Charu
Join in any Snivy games

(Click the arrow to see the rest)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta21 View Post
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.
Old 08-3-2021, 07:06 PM   #1209
mellon_collie
FFR Player

I 100% understand where Cel is coming from and feel similarly about a lot of his points.

The fact that certain people had the ENTIRE game solved for them while the rest of us were in the complete dark just seems very unbalanced and unfair. Honestly I don't think I would have wanted to play as a know-it-all if I had gotten that role either. I would have done my best but that's such a weird role to play, like almost a wolf but not?

And what even was the point of having a wolf team other than having another group that has an advantage over the VTs? The game doesn't actually rely on catching the wolves at all

All in all this feels extremely unbalanced toward VTs at this point in time. And even toward the wolves because they are fighting against too powerful of an enemy.

If this is only a phase and something changes I will eat my words but right now... I did not enjoy this game format. I enjoyed playing with everybody and am making the best out of the game but I would not choose to play it again
Old 08-3-2021, 07:25 PM   #1210
bugkid666
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte View Post
Bug and Xiz are both know-it-all ? I feel like that's spicy.
I wish it was spicy. imagine if xiz had told me at the beginning (we're neighbors) his role. that would've sped this game up a lot faster.
here I was thinking I was special *cries*

sorry I'm not looking at this thread, primarily talking in OOTC and 1 on 1. it saddens me to see the vanilla towns respond in this way. your feelings about it are valid, I just can't empathize. i strongly believe that even if I had rolled vanilla town, I would still have been excited and enthusiastic about this experience.

but alas. sunfan knew going into this that the game would be a very polarizing experience. I hear you, I do. I just find it difficult to swallow the cynicism when someone put a lot of effort into crafting this. if it's a shot and a miss, then that's ok. I simply can't agree with the conceit that everything vanilla town (and even regular wolves) did was pointless. I don't feel that way at all.

however you're 100% allowed to vent your feelings and frustrations in order to make future games better. and you don't need me to tell you that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hateandhatred View Post
dude your list was as substantial as a corporate public apology
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellonxcollie View Post
IM ON RED LOBSTER PUBLIC WIFI

they/them
Old 08-3-2021, 08:13 PM   #1211
T-Force
Your world ends with you

Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
You would. The wolf team would be too stacked otherwise. You’d also be a fool not to put one there.
You don't know me well at all then.
Old 08-3-2021, 10:38 PM   #1212
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar

Ok first off

Xiz

Second, SunFan promise to talk about the mod account rule, so we should talk about how silly it is.

I get the idea behind this game and I 100% believe in Sun's head it was meant to end in a bang and a laugh but the timing for something this stressfull is....unfortunate.

I personally think this was not suitable for new players and wish new players weren't allowed to sign up. If we want new players then we should be running jTWGs for awhile.

Not specific to this game but I really feel modkills > replacements.

Facebook / Youtube / Twitter

Old 08-3-2021, 10:40 PM   #1213
T-Force
Your world ends with you

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
Second, SunFan promise to talk about the mod account rule, so we should talk about how silly it is.

I personally think this was not suitable for new players and wish new players weren't allowed to sign up. If we want new players then we should be running jTWGs for awhile.
1.) The mod rule is in place so we can't see invisible people (which is stupid, I agree).

2.) You're in luck then. I'm planning a jTWG after all this settles down.
Old 08-3-2021, 10:46 PM   #1214
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar

I know why the mod rule is in effect
The rule should be that you're not allowed to be invisible on grounds that it's against the spirit of a social game

Facebook / Youtube / Twitter

Old 08-3-2021, 10:52 PM   #1215
the sun fan
FFR Player

I asked lar to bring it up because maybe its fine for mods to play on their normal account
just something we could talk about, I thought

FFR is a pretty good place somehow.
Old 08-3-2021, 10:53 PM   #1216
Shadow_God_10
Somewhere, but not here

Send a message via Skype™ to Shadow_God_10

Since we're all airing out our grievances and whatnot... I have a somewhat different opinion than those of us who thought negatively on the game

1. I absolutely loved it, I thought it was a confusing giant ball of chaos of which I didn't want to end. Did I go completely insane? Yes, but that's kind of the point of a game like this.

2. I felt it was good for the newer players to have signed up for this shitshow, so that they are aware that games like this CAN, and DO happen on this site.

3. Let's not forget all the hard work Greg has put into this for all of us to enjoy.

Was I frustrated that everything town has done has amounted to not much? No, not at all. This game would have been VERY different if not for us. WE were the ones who lynched Storn and Xiz for example. Yes, Freezin' shot a few others but it doesn't discount the fact that we put in the work to get to this point. So saying it was all for nothing isn't exactly true from MY POV, as a VT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Svaz View Post
more like Shad-hoe God am I right haha
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie View Post
TIL women have breasts because of horniness
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugkid666 View Post
sunfan I fucked up
Quote:
Xel claiming that I am incapable of making mistakes and using that logic to paint me as scum does things to my body that I thought only Lewdy's stash could do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 View Post
your hentai collection is commendable. i am both in awe and afraid of you
Old 08-3-2021, 10:57 PM   #1217
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~

Quote:
I know why the mod rule is in effect
The rule should be that you're not allowed to be invisible on grounds that it's against the spirit of a social game
the problem is that you can't force players to not be on invisible mode. this site isn't just twg, it's a larger forum and it's not fair to dictate how players present themselves on this larger forum just for twg.

invisible mode is useful if you don't want to be stalked, watched, or otherwise observed when you don't want to be. it's a valuable function for a forum like this.

this is why I advocated for the mod rule--- because:

1) players should be allowed to be "invisible" as a matter of principle, but
2) mods are able to see "invisible" players, which creates an information imbalance

the mod rules was something I kept mentioning, but it didn't become real until a certain incident where a vBulletin feature was exploited to solve a game.

Quote:
no one cares
Quote:
Old 08-3-2021, 11:04 PM   #1218
Shadow_God_10
Somewhere, but not here

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
the problem is that you can't force players to not be on invisible mode. this site isn't just twg, it's a larger forum and it's not fair to dictate how players present themselves on this larger forum just for twg.

invisible mode is useful if you don't want to be stalked, watched, or otherwise observed when you don't want to be. it's a valuable function for a forum like this.

this is why I advocated for the mod rule--- because:

1) players should be allowed to be "invisible" as a matter of principle, but
2) mods are able to see "invisible" players, which creates an information imbalance

the mod rules was something I kept mentioning, but it didn't become real until a certain incident where a vBulletin feature was exploited to solve a game.
the Wine in front of me game to be specific.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
sunfan I fucked up
Quote:
Xel claiming that I am incapable of making mistakes and using that logic to paint me as scum does things to my body that I thought only Lewdy's stash could do

Quote:
Old 08-3-2021, 11:08 PM   #1219
mellon_collie
FFR Player

the fact that people may or may not be on invisible at any time kinda prevents dumb "they were online/offline!!!" reads that are super annoying and pointless
Old 08-3-2021, 11:11 PM   #1220
Shadow_God_10
Somewhere, but not here

Quote:
the fact that people may or may not be on invisible at any time kinda prevents dumb "they were online/offline!!!" reads that are super annoying and pointless
I would disagree with this, based on the notion that everything in a TWG can be considered as information... That's just my take on the matter
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
sunfan I fucked up
Quote:

Quote:
Closed Thread