Old 11-18-2011, 07:25 PM   #4182
DossarLX ODI
Batch Manager
Game Manager, Song Release Coordinator
Game ManagerSimfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Ingame Song Information

Quote:
Originally Posted by qqwref View Post
I was in a little group of people who were going to sort all the songs into a 1-15 difficulty scale, but we quit because we never got the go-ahead from an admin. Maybe you should actually go and select one of the many people who have volunteered to do exactly what you're talking about.
This. I remember people volunteering to do a 1-15 scale, but they didn't get any attention.
DossarLX ODI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 09:50 PM   #4183
jimerax
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to jimerax Send a message via MSN to jimerax Send a message via Skype™ to jimerax

If you're trying to revise the whole difficulty system, is 1-15 system enough considering the # of ingame files?

yeah I know it's easier to change compared to the system with more ratings, I just want to ask about the efficacy of 1-15 system for a total revision (and in the future the game will have even more files).
jimerax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 10:00 PM   #4184
qqwref
stepmania archaeologist
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

I don't think we need way more divisions than we have now - considering how subjective file grading is, there would be no consensus at all if we tried to do something like 1-50 or 1-99. I'd say that the only real problem with the current difficulty scaling system is how huge the skill gaps between a high and low 10/11/12 are, and 1-15 would fix that by giving more room to those higher levels.

Basically, I'm fine with having a lot of files (100+ or even 200+) in one difficulty as long as they are roughly equally hard. When there is a huge gap between songs on the low and high ends, though, that suggests we need to break up the difficulties a bit more.

Last edited by qqwref; 11-18-2011 at 10:02 PM..
qqwref is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 12:35 AM   #4185
leonid
I am leonid
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Speaking of the new system I'd prefer 1-99

Proud member of Team No
leonid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 12:36 AM   #4186
hi19hi19
lol happy

I'd say something like 1-16 so we can put vrofl it its own category then use 15 "real" ones.

hi19hi19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 12:48 AM   #4187
krunkykai22
<3 Jumpstream <3
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to krunkykai22 Send a message via Yahoo to krunkykai22 Send a message via Skype™ to krunkykai22

The more it's brought up the more I tend to have an immediate interest. I think a few things on the Difficulty scale:

Leave it at 1-13 and have set barriers and guidelines as to what "stipulates" each individual category.

Or, 1-100 Difficulty because that would obviously be a MUCH more suitable range considering the amount of songs ingame. Personally 1-100 wouldn't take much more time as would the current system just have to get people to actually do the entire list; ie - as Kayla/OWA were doing.

As for Ambient Angels, I can't believe the topic is still being talked about, I'm sorry but it's not an FMO. Compare it to GoSW and STILL it's not an FMO because I don't even feel GoSW is FMO Worth. Serenzclkasdjfl whatever the song is spelled is purely harder then Ambient due to its length and it's patterns that tend to lead to most difficult transitions. That would then have to be moved up to an FMO. Or even songs like Feldschlatt or ... Twilight Jewel. THey are all hard songs, yes, but none of which are deemed worth of FMO status. Ambient is Jumpstream heavy and dense to an extent, but no where near FMO status. Sorry.
krunkykai22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 08:27 AM   #4188
Darkbreezee
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

well if you guys want to implement a 1-100 rating, that 'd be awesome, but hard to set the difficulty lvl at all.
Each person thinks different about a song.
I mean we can argue about Ambient angels being a FMO or not, for me personally it is, its more difficult than summertime perfume or Midnight dragon, and those are FMO's.
Vote by community?
Well not a good idea at all, the voteing / judging stuff should be only available for experienced players that are above the avg. of 100 or even higher.
Old 11-19-2011, 09:19 AM   #4189
rayword45
Local Teenage Wastebasket
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Random thought: Are Lady's Cake and Kire Kire Mayoi worthy of 8's? LC has some pretty tricky-to-time bursts, and KKM is full of 16ths and jumps. IMO, they both own some of the easier 8's like Tsugaru 180.

BEST AAAs: WANDERLUST, Pandora, Necropotence, Mourning The Lost, Eradication, Feldschlacht

Hey, we need some users on this site. Please join.

And if you have not recommended any albums yet, do so. Please. I have a goal to reach. Here.
NO WAIT THAT SHIT'S OLD GO HERE INSTEAD.
rayword45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 10:18 AM   #4190
hobgoblinpie
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Flying High should really be a 9. It's really not difficult compared to some other 9s.
hobgoblinpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 11:53 AM   #4191
stavie33
FFR Player
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DossarLX ODI View Post
This. I remember people volunteering to do a 1-15 scale, but they didn't get any attention.
I believe it was me, OWA, and qqwerf, maybe a few more
You're holding me down (Oh Oh)
Turning me round (Oh Oh)
Filling me up with your rules (Oooh)
stavie33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 02:30 PM   #4192
Xx{Midnight}xX
FFR Player

Ambient Angels could easily be FMO but it'd be one of the lowest ones. It's slightly more difficult than Runny and Strange Program, so maybe make it a 79 and up it to fmo but no Oni unlock on it?

Also on the note of mentioning Oni...

There's been a lot of newer FMOs added to the engine and it's kinda time to start getting down to choosing which ones unlock Oni.

Along with this the Heavy token unlock charts need to be added / ect

Let's look at Heavy first.

The charts that unlock it, save for famouz, are all 65s and are extremely limited (more so than Oni actual, kinda backwards)

So here's what should happen: The token requirement isn't specific on the difficulty and I think this should change to cover ALL difficulty 9's. This is because all the original unlocks are all difficulty 9 charts. Make it more accessible because this is more of a milestone token rather than a skill token when you think about it.

With Oni This is a bit of a different story. If memory serves Oni is special (being it has the Shash avatar) so it's alright to be slightly more picky with this one.

Needless to say: The list is behind. It needs updating, and I'm sure everyone here knows this. The newer FMOs are not only harder than the older ones, but they'd make great additions to the list. Do not shorten the list. That's like if in the current official changing the chart D3 has to aaa halfway through the week and carrying over the previous AAAs. TL;DR: Once it's on the list it should never come off UNLESS it is moved to a 10. (Which really shouldn't happen anyways.)
Xx{Midnight}xX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 02:38 PM   #4193
who_cares973
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to who_cares973 Send a message via MSN to who_cares973 Send a message via Yahoo to who_cares973 Send a message via Skype™ to who_cares973

we should use a 1-100000 scale that way each file could have itsn own difficulty
Old 11-19-2011, 03:40 PM   #4194
Darkbreezee
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xx{Midnight}xX View Post
Ambient Angels could easily be FMO but it'd be one of the lowest ones. It's slightly more difficult than Runny and Strange Program, so maybe make it a 79 and up it to fmo but no Oni unlock on it?

Also on the note of mentioning Oni...

There's been a lot of newer FMOs added to the engine and it's kinda time to start getting down to choosing which ones unlock Oni.

Along with this the Heavy token unlock charts need to be added / ect

Let's look at Heavy first.

The charts that unlock it, save for famouz, are all 65s and are extremely limited (more so than Oni actual, kinda backwards)

So here's what should happen: The token requirement isn't specific on the difficulty and I think this should change to cover ALL difficulty 9's. This is because all the original unlocks are all difficulty 9 charts. Make it more accessible because this is more of a milestone token rather than a skill token when you think about it.

With Oni This is a bit of a different story. If memory serves Oni is special (being it has the Shash avatar) so it's alright to be slightly more picky with this one.

Needless to say: The list is behind. It needs updating, and I'm sure everyone here knows this. The newer FMOs are not only harder than the older ones, but they'd make great additions to the list. Do not shorten the list. That's like if in the current official changing the chart D3 has to aaa halfway through the week and carrying over the previous AAAs. TL;DR: Once it's on the list it should never come off UNLESS it is moved to a 10. (Which really shouldn't happen anyways.)
post of the day, i really agree in all points, get the out dated stuff up to date, and set these things first.
+1
Old 11-23-2011, 08:30 AM   #4195
jimerax
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to jimerax Send a message via MSN to jimerax Send a message via Skype™ to jimerax

About the new difficulty scale:
Honestly it's still difficult for us to determine which is the best scale, since there're various opinions for it. More opinions are needed (or should we even have a poll for it?).

About Ambient Angels:
167bpm JS file. Yeah some parts are quite dense, yet not too long/stamina draining.
Not comparable to EHHS in difficulty though, can be a debatable FMO.

Midnight: If we have methods for making song difficulties as token song reqs automatically, your idea will be better. Otherwise, difficulties shouldn't be song reqs in the first place, imo (currently, we don't have).

subin: That's debatable. of course.. is simpler (in terms of difficulty) but needs more stamina. Both are in really high FMO zone. Actually it's nearly impossible to put all songs in "real" difficulty order, but I can consider a change when there're enough opinions for it.
jimerax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 08:39 AM   #4196
bballa48
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xx{Midnight}xX View Post
I swear if another person treats Runny like an easy low FMO I am going to lose it.

Also, I am sure this has been argued, but Elegante is a 10.

Subin, I agree with you. Of Course you Need Me should be below Toxiferous as well I think.
Old 11-23-2011, 01:26 PM   #4197
Elite Ninja
Kawaii Desu
Difficulty Consulting Cat
Difficulty ConsultantFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

haha yah I don't like it when people say Runny is easy at all either bballa. Its not one of my strongest FMOs whatsoever.

I agree with OFC being easier than CUA. Both charts require speed and endurance imo but the patterns in OFC are straightforward and the patterns in CUA are much more complex and harder to PA on.

/2cents
Old 11-23-2011, 01:41 PM   #4198
Emithith
FFR Player

Just bringing this over from the Round 2 thread:
We need some definite system worked out. lol
Emithith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 09:57 PM   #4199
stavie33
FFR Player
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Kono spoon wa suteki is very borderline IMO, I feel it's high FMO but at the same time it's way trickier than any other FMO I can think of and has too many roll walls to just pass it off as some luck will get you the AAA. Opinions?
You're holding me down (Oh Oh)
Turning me round (Oh Oh)
Filling me up with your rules (Oooh)
stavie33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 10:50 PM   #4200
Netjet!
Sic itur ad astra

Send a message via AIM to Netjet! Send a message via Skype™ to Netjet!

I realize that there are a LOT of different variables that go into this, but I'm trying to determine patterns in the difficulty distribution, based on note count, bpm, song length, patterns, etc. to see if I can find a good method of difficulty scaling. When I have a good start going, I'll post some data I've found.