Old 06-9-2018, 10:01 PM   #1
URL
FFR Player
 
URL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Monterrey, Mexico
Age: 19
Posts: 60
Default Token Whore

What does "ST#1-99" mean? I thought it meant "Special Token" or something like that, but there are more than 100 tokens and some of them are even rarer than this one. So?
__________________
  • Highest AAA: Men & Machines [Redemption] [73]
  • Highest BF/BF: Before Cynthia [71]
  • Highest SDG: Piano Etude (Demon Fire) [Heavy] [78]
  • Highest CLEAN FC: Rave 1 [84]
  • Highest MASHED FC: grind4 [95]

All songs up to Level 27 AAA'd.

URL is offline  
Old 06-9-2018, 10:14 PM   #2
Hakulyte
FFR & TWG Player
Retired StaffFFR Veteran
 
Hakulyte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 4,186
Default Re: Token Whore

You have to get the first 99 "skill" tokens in released date order to unlock token whore.

You don't need the newer tokens.

See: http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...token_info.php

Skill token 1 happened first then 2 etc.

The hardest tokens in the 1-99 range are;

- Otaku[Oni] (Difficulty 70-84 AAA),
- Sonata Quasi Una Fantasia Mov.3 (if you get a boo/miss/average on any Rondo, it ruins the run)
- Nanairopanda v2 (requires accuracy and enough comfort with the song to avoid yellow notes on purpose)

You don't need St.Scarhand[heavy] for this thankfully.

Last edited by Hakulyte; 06-9-2018 at 10:26 PM..
Hakulyte is offline  
Old 06-9-2018, 10:44 PM   #3
blindreper1179
Vice President Of TGB
FFR Veteran
 
blindreper1179's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: repping tha D!
Age: 31
Posts: 5,927
Send a message via AIM to blindreper1179 Send a message via Skype™ to blindreper1179
Default Re: Token Whore

I only need nainai to get token whore since it came out and i hateit.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesunfan View Post
absolutely I want to vomit on your face irl
Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
It was like trying to throw logic at a fuckin brick wall lmao
Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
whats more dense, a black hole or an icyworld file
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celirra View Post
I've never been so disappointed by a man from Alabama than I am right now
Overwatch streaming whenever I'm on(Trying every tuesday night (10pm-12/1am EST) https://www.twitch.tv/blindreper
blindreper1179 is offline  
Old 06-10-2018, 01:09 AM   #4
URL
FFR Player
 
URL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Monterrey, Mexico
Age: 19
Posts: 60
Default Re: Token Whore

Thanks, guys, I think I have a long way to go for that then hehe
__________________
  • Highest AAA: Men & Machines [Redemption] [73]
  • Highest BF/BF: Before Cynthia [71]
  • Highest SDG: Piano Etude (Demon Fire) [Heavy] [78]
  • Highest CLEAN FC: Rave 1 [84]
  • Highest MASHED FC: grind4 [95]

All songs up to Level 27 AAA'd.

URL is offline  
Old 06-10-2018, 10:06 AM   #5
rushyrulz
Digital Dancing!
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran
 
rushyrulz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: 72 billion club, NE
Age: 28
Posts: 12,521
Default Re: Token Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte View Post
The hardest tokens in the 1-99 range are;

- Otaku[Oni] (Difficulty 70-84 AAA),
- Sonata Quasi Una Fantasia Mov.3 (if you get a boo/miss/average on any Rondo, it ruins the run)
- Nanairopanda v2 (requires accuracy and enough comfort with the song to avoid yellow notes on purpose)
Don't forget about Disconnected Hardkore. That one's a massive pain for a lot of players.
__________________

rushyrulz is offline  
Old 06-10-2018, 12:40 PM   #6
XelNya
【花歩】
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran
 
XelNya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 2,949
Default Re: Token Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushyrulz View Post
Don't forget about Disconnected Hardkore. That one's a massive pain for a lot of players.
Or we could finally be reasonable and make it just, "get 100 skill tokems."
XelNya is offline  
Old 06-10-2018, 01:46 PM   #7
SK8R43
Banned
FFR Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: In My Room, 10101
Age: 30
Posts: 4,583
Default Re: Token Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte View Post
You have to get the first 99 "skill" tokens in released date order to unlock token whore.

You don't need the newer tokens.

See: http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...token_info.php

Skill token 1 happened first then 2 etc.

The hardest tokens in the 1-99 range are;

- Otaku[Oni] (Difficulty 70-84 AAA),
- Sonata Quasi Una Fantasia Mov.3 (if you get a boo/miss/average on any Rondo, it ruins the run)
- Nanairopanda v2 (requires accuracy and enough comfort with the song to avoid yellow notes on purpose)

You don't need St.Scarhand[heavy] for this thankfully.
Viennacore and disconnected hardkore are harder than oni imo :P
SK8R43 is offline  
Old 06-10-2018, 01:47 PM   #8
SK8R43
Banned
FFR Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: In My Room, 10101
Age: 30
Posts: 4,583
Default Re: Token Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
Or we could finally be reasonable and make it just, "get 100 skill tokems."
NO, thats dumb.
SK8R43 is offline  
Old 06-10-2018, 05:13 PM   #9
XelNya
【花歩】
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran
 
XelNya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 2,949
Default Re: Token Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SK8R43 View Post
NO, thats dumb.
Explain to me without citing the fact others did it how its reasonable to expect people to do 100 requirements, some which require immense mastery of the game, to unlock a meme file that's easy as fuck. There's enough variation to the requirements that it's a simple quality of life change.

What's stupid is clinging to the notion it has to stay the same as it was. Do you want the av-miss glitch back?
XelNya is offline  
Old 06-10-2018, 05:29 PM   #10
TheSaxRunner05
The Doctor
Difficulty ConsultantFFR Veteran
 
TheSaxRunner05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Age: 32
Posts: 6,051
Default Re: Token Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
Explain to me without citing the fact others did it how its reasonable to expect people to do 100 requirements, some which require immense mastery of the game, to unlock a meme file that's easy as fuck. There's enough variation to the requirements that it's a simple quality of life change.

What's stupid is clinging to the notion it has to stay the same as it was. Do you want the av-miss glitch back?
I'd have to disagree with the comparison here - the AV miss glitch affected every song in the game. This is a skill token that has had a specific requirement since it's been introduced. Making it far easier to get will make it less meaningful for those who have whored out the first 99 skill tokens. I believe opening it up would vastly change the function of how it was originally intended to be unlocked.
__________________


TheSaxRunner05 is offline  
Old 06-10-2018, 05:38 PM   #11
XelNya
【花歩】
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran
 
XelNya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 2,949
Default Re: Token Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSaxRunner05 View Post
I'd have to disagree with the comparison here - the AV miss glitch affected every song in the game. This is a skill token that has had a specific requirement since it's been introduced. Making it far easier to get will make it less meaningful for those who have whored out the first 99 skill tokens. I believe opening it up would vastly change the function of how it was originally intended to be unlocked.
We have changed requirements of tokens before. It wouldn't be a first. We took legacy files out of the ranks. It's just improving the game. That argument has literally zero ground to stand on. It's time to stop dry humping nostalgia so hard it has third degree burns.
XelNya is offline  
Old 06-10-2018, 08:51 PM   #12
SK8R43
Banned
FFR Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: In My Room, 10101
Age: 30
Posts: 4,583
Default Re: Token Whore

Bruh, its token whore for a reason. If anything it should be changed to getting EVERY other token in the game. Its fine how it is even if it is a pretty easy file. The meaning of it is to whore all the tokens before it.

Last edited by SK8R43; 06-10-2018 at 08:52 PM..
SK8R43 is offline  
Old 06-10-2018, 09:07 PM   #13
TheSaxRunner05
The Doctor
Difficulty ConsultantFFR Veteran
 
TheSaxRunner05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Age: 32
Posts: 6,051
Default Re: Token Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
We have changed requirements of tokens before. It wouldn't be a first. We took legacy files out of the ranks. It's just improving the game. That argument has literally zero ground to stand on. It's time to stop dry humping nostalgia so hard it has third degree burns.
I was for taking the legacy songs out, but I don't know what specific token requirement changed. It's also another completely unrelated topic: those were terrible files that made new players quit the game for quality. This particular issue is a fringe token that affects access to a single meme file. I would guess that most people who went for the token was more about a completionist achievement rather than for the access to the meme file. I am not basing my argument on nostalgia, but rather the nature of the token itself - a completionist achievement.

Part of your issue seems to be that the prize is a meme file - would you be more comfortable with it if the reward was something more difficult?
__________________


TheSaxRunner05 is offline  
Old 06-10-2018, 09:51 PM   #14
SK8R43
Banned
FFR Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: In My Room, 10101
Age: 30
Posts: 4,583
Default Re: Token Whore

lol middie is just salty because of the anti skill tokens that need to be done in order to get it. Not joking either.
SK8R43 is offline  
Old 06-10-2018, 10:13 PM   #15
XelNya
【花歩】
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran
 
XelNya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 2,949
Default Re: Token Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SK8R43 View Post
lol middie is just salty because of the anti skill tokens that need to be done in order to get it. Not joking either.
That's no where in my argument, and it's also not salt. I hate them sure, but I typically cite bad design of the game rather than, "I suck at them, get rid of 'em."

Even on Tier Points it's more from a "something else does it but better" argument.

It's how it should have been from the get-go.
XelNya is offline  
Old 06-11-2018, 09:14 AM   #16
rushyrulz
Digital Dancing!
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran
 
rushyrulz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: 72 billion club, NE
Age: 28
Posts: 12,521
Default Re: Token Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
Explain to me without citing the fact others did it how its reasonable to expect people to do 100 requirements, some which require immense mastery of the game, to unlock a meme file that's easy as fuck. There's enough variation to the requirements that it's a simple quality of life change.
That's literally the only reason, and no the requirement should not change.
If any file in-game is to be a masterpiece, it should be a public file. I'd rather have a meme gated behind this requirement than an actually good file that less than 1% of the playerbase will ever get to experience.

Who remembers when Disappearance of Hatsune Miku was gated behind AAAing an FSO?

This change would definitely not be a quality of life change, even loosely speaking. It would completely uproot the current requirement, making it at least 10 to 20 times easier. Sure it's elitism at its finest, but people aren't required to go for these.. it is just a meme file after all

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSaxRunner05 View Post
I would guess that most people who went for the token was more about a completionist achievement rather than for the access to the meme file. I am not basing my argument on nostalgia, but rather the nature of the token itself - a completionist achievement.
Preach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
It's time to stop dry humping nostalgia so hard it has third degree burns.
Nostalgia plays no part in this at all. Earn the first 99 chronological skill tokens is the requirement and there is absolutely nothing wrong with it. Changing it to any 99 just changes a perfectly valid requirement to be easier for no reason at all, as there is nothing wrong with the current requirement.

If you can successfully explain why the current requirement for Token Whore is an unreasonable/malformed/defective/invalid/what-have-you requirement, you have a case. Otherwise, it's kinda like saying change Derby from 95 to 90 because 95 is an old number and it's time for change.

--

My final statement for this post on this topic will be this:
The first 99 tokens require a wide-range of requirements that require a player to have a broad and adaptive skill set. Changing the requirement to any 99 STs does not guarantee this broad skill set (for example, using the any-99 model, a player could get the token having never AAA'd a song). Because of this, I think the token is fine the way it is. Nerfing valid token requirements doesn't help the game (or hurt it, to be clear). Because of this, they should only be changed if their old requirements are no longer achievable because of bugfixes, feature replacements, etc.
__________________


Last edited by rushyrulz; 06-11-2018 at 09:52 AM..
rushyrulz is offline  
Old 06-11-2018, 01:10 PM   #17
SK8R43
Banned
FFR Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: In My Room, 10101
Age: 30
Posts: 4,583
Default Re: Token Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
That's no where in my argument, and it's also not salt. I hate them sure, but I typically cite bad design of the game rather than, "I suck at them, get rid of 'em."

Even on Tier Points it's more from a "something else does it but better" argument.

It's how it should have been from the get-go.
Its not in your argument because you know how retarded of a reason it is. Theres literally nothing wrong with anti skill tokens, they are fun as hell to try to get. The req for token whore is fine. no need to change it.
SK8R43 is offline  
Old 06-11-2018, 08:56 PM   #18
MinaciousGrace
FFR Player
D7 Elite Keysmasher
 
MinaciousGrace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: nima
Posts: 4,281
Default Re: Token Whore

you're all wrong, tokens are inherently retarded in the first place
MinaciousGrace is offline  
Old 06-11-2018, 10:48 PM   #19
XelNya
【花歩】
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran
 
XelNya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 2,949
Default Re: Token Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SK8R43 View Post
Its not in your argument because you know how retarded of a reason it is. Theres literally nothing wrong with anti skill tokens, they are fun as hell to try to get. The req for token whore is fine. no need to change it.
It's not in my argument because it was obviously irrelevant. I left it out because it's as biased argument regardless how strong I think it is. My stance is well known, I don't always regurgitate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushyrulz View Post
That's literally the only reason, and no the requirement should not change.
If any file in-game is to be a masterpiece, it should be a public file. I'd rather have a meme gated behind this requirement than an actually good file that less than 1% of the playerbase will ever get to experience.

Who remembers when Disappearance of Hatsune Miku was gated behind AAAing an FSO?

This change would definitely not be a quality of life change, even loosely speaking. It would completely uproot the current requirement, making it at least 10 to 20 times easier. Sure it's elitism at its finest, but people aren't required to go for these.. it is just a meme file after all.

Nostalgia plays no part in this at all. Earn the first 99 chronological skill tokens is the requirement and there is absolutely nothing wrong with it. Changing it to any 99 just changes a perfectly valid requirement to be easier for no reason at all, as there is nothing wrong with the current requirement.

If you can successfully explain why the current requirement for Token Whore is an unreasonable/malformed/defective/invalid/what-have-you requirement, you have a case. Otherwise, it's kinda like saying change Derby from 95 to 90 because 95 is an old number and it's time for change.

--

My final statement for this post on this topic will be this:
The first 99 tokens require a wide-range of requirements that require a player to have a broad and adaptive skill set. Changing the requirement to any 99 STs does not guarantee this broad skill set (for example, using the any-99 model, a player could get the token having never AAA'd a song). Because of this, I think the token is fine the way it is. Nerfing valid token requirements doesn't help the game (or hurt it, to be clear). Because of this, they should only be changed if their old requirements are no longer achievable because of bugfixes, feature replacements, etc.
1. The best files in the game are subjective. I'd still hold Twister is the best file in the game, or Teni, but TBH I can't enjoy one of those Cosmo files. They're lost on me no matter how goid they are.

2. Your example is a hypocracy. If it was originally gated behind an "FSO" AAA it should have stayed thrre as others to enjoy it had to unlock it first.

3. Quality of life changes uprooting old problems is that it is? See the Fiora rework in League as an example. We also removed Legacy files from ranks, should we have left them to torment players because people like Halogen had to do them for better ranks?

4. The difficulty can be reinterpreted as a tool to set goals rather than making it an ability checklist. Sure I CAN go get 250 averages on this song, or I can go AAA this easy file, or I can go AAA and get Heavy. I'd think the change makes it easier yes. But it doesn't need to be that hard just because it's been done by others in past.

Also, I understand your sentiment in the end of your post, but I'd argue it should have never been what it is in the first place. But I dunno if 100 was intended to be the max so I dunno.

Btw list format was to make it easier to type thru my phone.

Last edited by XelNya; 06-11-2018 at 10:49 PM..
XelNya is offline  
Old 06-11-2018, 11:05 PM   #20
EtienneSM
FFR Player
D8 Godly Keysmasher
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Age: 22
Posts: 1,722
Send a message via Skype™ to EtienneSM
Default Re: Token Whore

damn y'all need to chill lmao
__________________
Quality quotes:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KgZ View Post
enjoy having every guy ask if they can get some love on their weiner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
I also like the nps scale. The standard ITG scale for harder files is blown out of proportion and no longer makes sense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kommisar View Post
nps is still a better idea for ratings
Quote:
Originally Posted by klimtkiller View Post
there is 1 tip for people going to college. When you're in college, you'll be 16, which is the age where (where i live) you can get laid lawfully. basically, get laid asap when they look the best.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapta View Post
My logic is that the brain processes in 60 FPS so I play 60 FPS.
EtienneSM is offline  
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright FlashFlashRevolution