Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Video Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-8-2009, 01:40 AM   #1161
vpr0721
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to vpr0721 Send a message via MSN to vpr0721
Default Re: World of Warcraft

So ya sorry that i havnt been posting lately, been pre-occupied with college and Ulduar progression. So ya guild is 8/14 in 25m and we only raid 3 days a week, Tuesday, wed, thurs. Today we got to Freya and had to quit after a couple tries. Pretty tough fight if you think Hodir is. That 8 min enrage timer on Hodir is quite a bit of a challenge atm but we downed him. Make sure you give your tank the electric charge so he can keep agro with the rest of the raid. Fun stuff! My char --->> http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...&n=Ninjamonkey

P.S How is everybody else's progress, Horde guild already downed Yogg on our server last week on thursday.
Old 05-8-2009, 08:28 AM   #1162
Sir Psycho
FFR Player

Tanking has become WAYYYYYYYY too easy. I miss BC tanking when 1.8k TPS was almost unheard of.
Sir Psycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-8-2009, 05:05 PM   #1163
tsugomaru
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to tsugomaru

If you think about it, everything is way easier now. Tanking in BC took real skill because you had to try to keep at the top of threat while moving around a lot. Now you can pretty much spam your skills in any combination and if it's a single target, you should have no problem keeping aggro. Healing is easier as well. Back in BC, I had to pay way more attention to my healing because we were always short on mana. Cross-healing was something you would want to try to avoid as much as possible in order for healers to last longer. Even DPS is easier and everyone should be able to pull 2k+ easily if they have any type of Naxx gear. It's what makes Naxx so easy, there is very little coordination that you need and the fights that are hard are the ones that require coordination on part of all the players instead of a few - such as the Safety Dance or Thad.

In Ulduar 10, a lot of it has to do with learning the fights. Every week, our guild will down about 2-3 bosses and it can easily take 2 hours to take down each boss and the reason why is because all 10 of the people need to know what's going on. Once that's down, some of the Ulduar bosses becomes so easy that we can even bring in our half epic'd out alts and run through Ulduar like it's nothing.

I hear they may be nerfing replenishment in the future because it's a pretty imbalanced mana regen skill. Which it is, because if my calculations are correct, I'll be getting back 59 mana every second, or 295 mp/5. However, I'm always missing that because no one ever has replenishment and in the last raid I ran with who had it, it wasn't working for some reason. No one had replenishment although we had 6 people who specced for it.

~Tsugomaru
When their heart is pierced by a bullet from a pistol...? No.
When they succumb to an incurable disease...? No.
When they drink soup made with a poisonous mushroom...? NO!!!
IT'S WHEN A PERSON IS FORGOTTEN...!!!
tsugomaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-8-2009, 07:51 PM   #1164
faynt
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to faynt

Sup guys, any others here play on Nathrezim-US?

Current main: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...rezim&n=Boosie (Boosie, undead warlock)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vpr0721 View Post
P.S How is everybody else's progress, Horde guild already downed Yogg on our server last week on thursday.
We're currently 11/14 in 25 man, and will be working on General on Monday... So hopefully we'll be 12/14 this week. We're making decent progression atm, but due to recent guild changes (and a new raid leader) we're behind where we should be

Tier points: 459
AAA's: 87 (lol)
faynt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-9-2009, 12:53 AM   #1165
Tokzic
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Tokzic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid Dreams View Post
What does gold have to do with the hippogryph

And, I don't farm. So what I get I get from dailies and stuff.
Cenarion, sorry, not Argent.

Neither do I. Last time I farmed was for my epic flier back in BC.

Last edited by Tokzic: Today at 11:59 PM. Reason: wait what
Tokzic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-9-2009, 05:36 AM   #1166
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek

Finished Argent Tourney. There is no Realm First for doing it, sadly. I know, because I was the first.

You do get a bonus title after all five cities are done: Crusader <name>. Currently sporting it knowing full well people will just confuse it with the old unattainable titles from days long gone.

Before all that though, we popped into Uld and one-shotted the first three bosses, only to get stuck on Kologarn and Iron Council. The Council is way too hard. Those bosses shouldn't have 3 million health each. Maybe like 3 each to start, then 2 each, then 1 for the last guy. Or maybe the other way around, like how the buff makes the other dudes better. I dunno, it's just way too damn hard. The entire raid is taking 15,000 damage every 5 seconds in phase 2. How do you heal through that? Especially when the healers are OOM just trying to heal through phase 1?

Kologarn wasn't much better. Tank runs in and instantly drops to 20% hp. The arm swings, he uses his eye beams right away, and I'm grabbed at 10% HP. I die instantly. Everyone else soon follows. 20 second fight.

Edit: Remembered something that was brought up in the raid. A few weeks ago someone in our guild quit because he didn't want to run 25-man content and thought we were taking precedence in 25-man stuff over 10. I told him this wasn't true, but that we would like to run 25-man naxx because Ulduar would be hard and 10-man Naxx gear would not suffice for Ulduar.

The raid I was in today was all people who were basically waiting one their last one or two upgrades from naxx-25. That's it. We all have pretty much all 213/226 gear at this point, and anything that is 200 came from Naxx10. We knew the fights (not from experience obviously), read the strategies, watched the videos, talked about it, etc. We did everything. But we still wiped numerous times (at least on the Council).

My point here is, I cannot even begin to imagine that this is possible with just 10-man gear. Even if I assume all of the 10-man gear that drops from Sarth2D/EoE/KT (aka 213 gear), that just doesn't cut it. The outdoors fights, sure. Those are a joke (well, save for Ignis, but he's optional anyway). But the indoor stuff, no way. It ain't happening.

pps - I'm getting pretty frustrated with the Shaman community. About 90% of Elemental Shaman are complaining that there's something wrong with our DPS, and the supposed "smart" ones are saying "i don't see the problem here". I'll admit right now I use Elitist Jerks and that I assume that they know what they're talking about. So here's the breakdown of this:

Pre-patch 3.1, the God of Elemental Shaman: When 3.1 hits, you'll want to switch out Glyph of Lava for Glyph of Totem of Wrath, as long as you don't have an unreachable amount of spellpower. This will result in an increase in DPS.

The patch hits, some people follow his advice, others don't, and a bunch of people report a huge DPS nerf. However, they complain by saying Lava Burst crits for less (about 5k less >_>), and so...

God of Elemental Shaman: You guys removed the Lava Glyph. No wonder Lava Burst crits for less (ignoring the HUGE DPS NERF part of the previous sentence).

Here's the deal. Sometimes, I go to the raid training dummy and pull 3,800 dps consistently over several tests. Then, without changing ANYTHING, no re-glyphing, no re-talenting, no secondary spec, no gear-switching, NOTHING, I go back to the training dummy and consistently pull 3,100 dps. In the first example, my Lava Bursts were critting for five digits fairly often. In the second example, they never crit for five digits.

And this is why I have a problem. 3,100 DPS is in the best possible situation: a situation where I don't ever have to move. It pains me to say that in a 25-man Archavon-only Vault pug, I couldn't even clear 3k DPS, and that's basically a 'stand there and win' fight. In Ulduar, I'm averaging 2.4k. That's not good enough. I'm literally forced to play as Resto, because 2.4k does not cut it with the strict enrage timers of Ulduar.

I'm not even going to begin to posture as to what's broken, but I'll fight to the death to prove to you that SOMETHING ISN'T WORKING.

Last edited by Squeek; 05-9-2009 at 09:37 AM..
Squeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-9-2009, 12:23 PM   #1167
tsugomaru
FFR Player

Well, don't give up on Kologarn. The Assembly of Iron may be a gear problem for you guys because your healers do need to have the gear in order to heal for that long, but in Kologarn, I think it's just mastering everything that's going on. Once you know what to expect for, healing anything gets way easier because you can predict incoming damage. The reason why your tank is probably tanking so much damage is because when you walk in, he's not receiving as many heals as he should. When you realize he's too low on hp, even your shortest heals may not be fast enough to replace the missing hp. This means before he runs into battle, you need to have hots on and you need to have someone in the back preparing a big heal for one your tank takes that first big hit.

Pulling correctly is pretty much 90% of the fight for Kologarn and the Cat Lady.

~Tsugomaru
Old 05-9-2009, 04:34 PM   #1168
rade0110
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to rade0110

Came on today with the awesome sight of my login password not working. Sure enough after a password reset, I log in to find my account had been hacked. All of my gear was D/E that could be, banks cleaned out and even my bags were sold. All of my alts were cleaned out and standing next to mailboxes, the only stuff that was left were quest items on my alts and non-sellable/non-disenchantable items. But my lovely guild bank was also wiped out.

Opened a ticket, explained what happened. The GM told me they have to close my account for a few days in order to investigate the situation but if they find my account to have the signs/symptoms of being hacked, they will restore all the stuff I was missing.

Oh yeah and since I am an officer in my guild, I have full access to my whole guild bank. SO great seeing my entire guild bank emptied and my name being behind what was gone.

Cheers,

Synthlight
rade0110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-9-2009, 10:30 PM   #1169
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Ok Kologarn was a joke with some practice. We didn't bother with the Iron Council. We downed Auriaya after one failed pull wipe. The damn tiger cheated and jumped through walls.

We tried Freya but she was damn hard. We could not get one add phase down before the next one came up, and trying to time three guys to die at the same time was damn near impossible, especially when you're trying to also deal with moving under mushrooms, killing trees, avoiding people with the debuff, etc. etc. etc.
Old 05-9-2009, 11:07 PM   #1170
Solid Dreams
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by rade0110 View Post
Came on today with the awesome sight of my login password not working. Sure enough after a password reset, I log in to find my account had been hacked. All of my gear was D/E that could be, banks cleaned out and even my bags were sold. All of my alts were cleaned out and standing next to mailboxes, the only stuff that was left were quest items on my alts and non-sellable/non-disenchantable items. But my lovely guild bank was also wiped out.

Opened a ticket, explained what happened. The GM told me they have to close my account for a few days in order to investigate the situation but if they find my account to have the signs/symptoms of being hacked, they will restore all the stuff I was missing.

Oh yeah and since I am an officer in my guild, I have full access to my whole guild bank. SO great seeing my entire guild bank emptied and my name being behind what was gone.
A lot of people who get hacked only get a crappy set if they have anything useful at all.

Good luck getting all your stuff back =/

Quote:
You shouldn't talk down to people you don't know anything about, acting like you know more and then try to show them up in the forum. That's how you get absolutely no where.
Solid Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-9-2009, 11:42 PM   #1171
rade0110
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to rade0110

I was told by a friend that who had the same thing happen that they gave her literally everything back that she was missing. I guess it happened a few months back and the same situation happened to her. It apparantly took a few days but they even gave her back everything that was in her bank alt's gbank. Her gear came back within a day (though I'm not expecting anything to happen until Monday since Blizzard has horrible customer support) and the rest came back within a few days. Crossing my fingers but not holding my breath.

I honestly don't care about the almost 8k gold, the junk in my personal bank that I had, or any of my alt's junk, even my twink's stuff. As long as my mage's gear comes back and my guild's bank is refunded I would feel like it was a successful outcome. I just feel like an ass having my whole guild's hard earned stuff taken away on my toons account.

Cheers,

Synthlight
rade0110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 01:26 AM   #1172
tsugomaru
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeek View Post
The damn tiger cheated and jumped through walls.
This was our issue.

~Tsugomaru
Old 05-10-2009, 09:26 AM   #1173
Ground_Breaker
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Ground_Breaker

Just realized I forgot to post an armory link.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...n=Thousandwatt

Should be heading back in to Ulduar25 tonight to work on Iron Council and Kologarn... I'm not sure what to expect, considering it took us three weeks to figure out an XT strategy that doesn't suck ass.
Old 05-10-2009, 02:52 PM   #1174
Gano
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Gano Send a message via MSN to Gano Send a message via Skype™ to Gano

Grats on Crusader Squeek, I'll have mine in 4 days I think. My guilds on Thorim atm but due to people not signing on the past couple days we've had to bring undergeared people and got to struggle with Freya for a night, fun.

[edit]
Man I'm having a really hard time finding a horde to trade Tourney pets with me : \
I must have them alllll

doraemon bustin caps

Last edited by Gano; 05-10-2009 at 03:55 PM..
Gano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 05:23 PM   #1175
ImEric12
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to ImEric12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeek View Post
killing trees
Don't bother killing trees until you're past the adds phase, they do nothing but heal Freya, who is staying at 100% throughout the add phase anyway. Also, you shouldn't be avoiding people with the debuff, they should be avoiding everyone else. The main thing here is to just do everything you can not to let the adds overlap with each other.

Also, what in the hell is making you all take 15k damage per second in p2 of Iron Council? You're killing Steelbreaker first, right? And moving out of the nasty green rune? Make sure the tank (or someone) interrupts Brundir's spinny lightning thing asap. No one should be taking much damage at all at that point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rade0110 View Post
(though I'm not expecting anything to happen until Monday since Blizzard has horrible customer support)
Blizzard has amazing customer support, especially considering how many people they have to deal with. You can't expect them to drop the issues of 11.5 million people to focus only on you immediately. Admittedly I've never been hacked, but I've never had a bad experience with their customer support.

Also, had a few more good shots at Mimiron this week on 10, but still not as long as I'd've liked. I wish my raid leader was more open to skipping fights that have a ton of trash in front of them like Ignis and Freya.. we're might try that next week. We'll have Mimiron down for sure if we could just get a bit more time on him. P1 is easy, P2 is just healing intensive, P3 needs work, and P4 we haven't gotten to yet, but it'll be a nightmare.

ImEric12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 05:37 PM   #1176
Ground_Breaker
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Ground_Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImEric12 View Post
Don't bother killing trees until you're past the adds phase, they do nothing but heal Freya, who is staying at 100% throughout the add phase anyway.
No, they heal any adds alive as well. You should kill any and all trees.
Old 05-10-2009, 05:38 PM   #1177
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImEric12 View Post
Don't bother killing trees until you're past the adds phase, they do nothing but heal Freya, who is staying at 100% throughout the add phase anyway. Also, you shouldn't be avoiding people with the debuff, they should be avoiding everyone else. The main thing here is to just do everything you can not to let the adds overlap with each other.

Also, what in the hell is making you all take 15k damage per second in p2 of Iron Council? You're killing Steelbreaker first, right? And moving out of the nasty green rune? Make sure the tank (or someone) interrupts Brundir's spinny lightning thing asap. No one should be taking much damage at all at that point.
Don't the trees heal the adds? Seemed that way.

Chain Lightning followed by his Lightning Whirlwind = pain. Tank is trying to interrupt but he can only do one every 10 seconds.
Old 05-10-2009, 05:43 PM   #1178
Kagome
Pop'n Music.
Retired Staff

Send a message via AIM to Kagome Send a message via MSN to Kagome

We have all our ranged blow up the trees as soon as they spawn. Most of us use a /target eonar macro to make it easier.
Kagome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 05:51 PM   #1179
ImEric12
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to ImEric12

Hmm. Maybe our dps is good enough that we can just ignore the trees then? I dunno, but we've always ignored them throughout the adds phase but blown them up instantly during Freya phase.

ImEric12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 07:55 PM   #1180
tsugomaru
FFR Player

Oh, that's why I mentioned we had a tank, healer, and a shaman back there with him to help on interrupts.

~Tsugomaru