Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Video Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-18-2011, 06:55 PM   #21
chocobothief12
Getting faster with time
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to chocobothief12
Default Re: Maplestory v2

Thats also another thing. People that complain about them taking away the advantage of buying something to help you level faster. I'm a lvl 144 right now and I have yet to reach the same amount of exp needed to level than before the fix when i was 128. sure youre not getting insane amounts of exp, but if you played before the patch, you would know that even with all the extra exp, it still took hours just to get 1 level after 4th job.
chocobothief12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 06:59 PM   #22
dragonmegaXX
ITG playing fur
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocobothief12 View Post
Thats also another thing. People that complain about them taking away the advantage of buying something to help you level faster. I'm a lvl 144 right now and I have yet to reach the same amount of exp needed to level than before the fix when i was 128. sure youre not getting insane amounts of exp, but if you played before the patch, you would know that even with all the extra exp, it still took hours just to get 1 level after 4th job.
THIS
Old 01-18-2011, 08:14 PM   #23
HoneyMelonCalibrator
Arrow Theory™
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to HoneyMelonCalibrator Send a message via MSN to HoneyMelonCalibrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonmegaXX View Post
Raise the cap on a game where only 30-40 people have gotten it out of millions of players?....
Have you seen rankings? Way more than 40 people have reached 200, broski.
HoneyMelonCalibrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 08:24 PM   #24
dragonmegaXX
ITG playing fur

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoneyMelonCalibrator View Post
Have you seen rankings? Way more than 40 people have reached 200, broski.
Whatever, my point still stands. It's under like, .3%
Old 01-20-2011, 12:10 AM   #25
ffraxis
FFR Player

ehhhhh

not bad but not great.

i hate how they changed the maps and monster levels though.
ffraxis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 07:31 AM   #26
Crashfan3
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Crashfan3 Send a message via Skype™ to Crashfan3

I do still play this game every once in a while. Mostly when I need a good MMORPG fix. I am definitely grouped in the 'casual' horde of players.

Lv38 Wind Archer - LightBearerX - Bera Server
Lv29? Aran - RaverZFntasY - Galicia Server
Lv?? Thief - iAmNotAKitty - Galicia Server

Oh, and IMO the game is way better now then when I made my first character in 2005.
Old 01-20-2011, 09:43 AM   #27
~kitty~
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

I don't understand why people bash on Nexon so much.
~kitty~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 10:24 AM   #28
chocobothief12
Getting faster with time
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to chocobothief12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~kitty~ View Post
My guess would be because they release content for a bit. Then they wait until people spend all their hard earned money into it thinking they will stay with it forever. Once they are happy enough and have accumulated enough funding, they release something else soon after. Thus making the person regret the decision, yet still dumping money into the new stuff. They are rushing so much content and being completely money hungry. Then there's the fact that they are constantly missing out on major bugs and glitches that people immediately begin to exploit. Honestly I don't hate them. They put effort into what they do I guess, and yeah people should give em a break. In the end, what I think is that people need to realize that you don't need to spend money to enjoy the game. Its there as an option. If they want to spend money on it and then rage about it afterward, then they should just calm down and maybe get some fresh air. After all, it's just pixels.
chocobothief12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 10:36 AM   #29
Zageron
Zageron E. Tazaterra
RRR Developer & DevOps Support
AdministratorDeveloperFFR Veteran

The only thing I really enjoyed about Maple Story, well still do, is the music.
Old 01-20-2011, 11:13 AM   #30
~Zero~
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to ~Zero~ Send a message via Skype™ to ~Zero~

Just made it to lvl 120 and now I am finally rocking Bow Master and hurricane [bello server]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiaounlimited View Post
More like Tier ~0~
~Zero~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 02:42 PM   #31
Sakish
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Sakish Send a message via MSN to Sakish Send a message via Skype™ to Sakish

My battle mage is currently lvl 91 and i made a mech and played like a total of 5 hrs or something and its lvl 45 now..
Mech's are the biggest op class i've ever seen, really at lvl 34 i went to the small cats in orbis, around 1lvl per 5min until 40 where it slowed down :l
Old 01-20-2011, 04:59 PM   #32
dragon890x
☆Ξ Phantasy Star Legend Ξ☆
FFR Veteran

Quote:
I've noticed that most of the bashing is geared towards Nexon's NA Regional management. Many events took place where people lost money due to their poor planning and poor support during the aftermath. One notable event was a glitch with a NX item. It was a lock that was priced at a couple of dollars. It's purpose was to make sure your valuable items stayed locked onto a character, making people feel at ease knowing that their equipment would be safe from hackers who steal accounts. You can imagine what sort of equipment was locked using this NX item.

However, they set up the item incorrectly after receiving new updates from the Korean Regional development team. It caused these items to not only become locked onto an account, but also have a permanent expiration date. Equipment effected by the lock expired, every one of them. Users made many attempts to warn NA Nexon's team and asked for help. The team responded by waiting until all of the equipment expired before making a move, even though they've acknowledged this glitch.

They later told those who were victims of the glitch to send in a support ticket with proof of their equipment's existence. This proved to be hard for many for their equipment was already gone. Those lucky enough to have evidence received a NX refund in the amount that was used on the lock. They've also received a clean, average, and unscrolled replacement of what they've lost.

If they lost a 10+att Pink Adventurer cape, they were given a 2att one as a replacement.

That was the extent of this one event, and I would like to stress hard on it being only one of them. I hope this explains a little more as to why older users dislike Nexon.

[ Link ]
dragon890x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 05:54 PM   #33
dragonmegaXX
ITG playing fur

I dislike Nexon because of the fact that they wouldnt give me the password to my account that I accidentally reset the password on and I had no idea which email I used for it.

I gave all the information on the account, PIN, birthday, full name, items on the account, and they never helped me, they just said find the email.
Old 01-20-2011, 11:55 PM   #34
~kitty~
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon890x View Post
I've noticed that most of the bashing is geared towards Nexon's NA Regional management. Many events took place where people lost money due to their poor planning and poor support during the aftermath. One notable event was a glitch with a NX item. It was a lock that was priced at a couple of dollars. It's purpose was to make sure your valuable items stayed locked onto a character, making people feel at ease knowing that their equipment would be safe from hackers who steal accounts. You can imagine what sort of equipment was locked using this NX item.

However, they set up the item incorrectly after receiving new updates from the Korean Regional development team. It caused these items to not only become locked onto an account, but also have a permanent expiration date. Equipment effected by the lock expired, every one of them. Users made many attempts to warn NA Nexon's team and asked for help. The team responded by waiting until all of the equipment expired before making a move, even though they've acknowledged this glitch.

They later told those who were victims of the glitch to send in a support ticket with proof of their equipment's existence. This proved to be hard for many for their equipment was already gone. Those lucky enough to have evidence received a NX refund in the amount that was used on the lock. They've also received a clean, average, and unscrolled replacement of what they've lost.

If they lost a 10+att Pink Adventurer cape, they were given a 2att one as a replacement.

That was the extent of this one event, and I would like to stress hard on it being only one of them. I hope this explains a little more as to why older users dislike Nexon.
Most people bash saying they're greedy and don't do anything, and all they want is money. Rarely any of them say anything about instances like this. I've played the game for a while, and I know some things look like they could have been handled better, but to what extent could they have handled it better, really? They need proof because they would have to rollback servers, otherwise, right? That would be more of a pain than losing the item itself, because a several day span of lost play amounts to more than the worth of a single item you may have lost that was valuable, but completely replaceable. Nexon can't favor a single person over the entire community. In my opinion, it was probably the safest way to go about it without spending many many hours finding another way. Bugs and exploits exist in all games, and, believe it or not, Nexon isn't in charge of what exactly are in each update as they go along. I'm pretty sure they work on a fix as soon as they are notified, or put it on a priority list. How many of us truly know what it's like to manage Maple Story's servers? Not only that, but Nexon doesn't only have to worry about Maple Story, so I don't see how it's fair to make Nexon look like they don't give a damn about the people on the game. Sure, they aren't the best, but have we become so spoiled that we need the best from a F2P game?
Old 01-21-2011, 06:38 AM   #35
dragon890x
FFR Veteran

Quote:
to what extent could they have handled it better, really?
I already gave you an answer. They could have supported the users who fell victim of this glitch. This is not something worth arguing about. It's obvious why people will end up hating a company that supports the majority out of worry, rather than everyone out of loyalty. It's not hard to come up with a system to make those who need help get involved to help you.

NA Nexon failed to attend to those who needed help in getting their items back, which were more valuable than you'll probably ever see in the game again. PostBB changed the way people view equipment. Using a statement such as, "You cannot please everybody.", only shows your inability to even try. This is similar to what NA Nexon does, which is why you'll see all of the half-***ed hack jobs for game updates. That being the very reason why this was a problem to begin with. It doesn't surprise me that you've heard little about this from those you know, for they are not currently in 2009.

Why bother trying to keep non-paying users happy when those who've spent money fail to receive priority after falling victim to a problem the company created? What would the non-paying users do if NA Nexon stopped receiving money? What would make them want to pay after seeing what happened to the previous players?

If NA Nexon failed to give people who were directly affected priority, do you honestly expect them to give you priority when you fill their shoes? Whose side are you even on when you don't even know which side they're on?

EDIT: Some old Sleepywood post:
http://www.sleepywood.net/forum/show....php?t=1599689

Once again, there are reasons as to why people dislike Nexon. I wouldn't waste the energy in being shocked.
Also, sorry for the sloppy post. I'm too sleepy to be doing this. lol

[ Link ]

Last edited by dragon890x; 01-21-2011 at 07:15 AM..
Old 01-21-2011, 08:25 AM   #36
~kitty~
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
I already gave you an answer. They could have supported the users who fell victim of this glitch. This is not something worth arguing about. It's obvious why people will end up hating a company that supports the majority out of worry, rather than everyone out of loyalty. It's not hard to come up with a system to make those who need help get involved to help you.

NA Nexon failed to attend to those who needed help in getting their items back, which were more valuable than you'll probably ever see in the game again. PostBB changed the way people view equipment. Using a statement such as, "You cannot please everybody.", only shows your inability to even try. This is similar to what NA Nexon does, which is why you'll see all of the half-***ed hack jobs for game updates. That being the very reason why this was a problem to begin with. It doesn't surprise me that you've heard little about this from those you know, for they are not currently in 2009.

Why bother trying to keep non-paying users happy when those who've spent money fail to receive priority after falling victim to a problem the company created? What would the non-paying users do if NA Nexon stopped receiving money? What would make them want to pay after seeing what happened to the previous players?

If NA Nexon failed to give people who were directly affected priority, do you honestly expect them to give you priority when you fill their shoes? Whose side are you even on when you don't even know which side they're on?

EDIT: Some old Sleepywood post:
http://www.sleepywood.net/forum/show....php?t=1599689

Once again, there are reasons as to why people dislike Nexon. I wouldn't waste the energy in being shocked.
Also, sorry for the sloppy post. I'm too sleepy to be doing this. lol
Not to offend you, but I feel like you're speaking out of ignorance of the situation on Nexon's side.

They didn't do what would be best for "everyone" because they don't want people taking advantage of the system, they do not want to be intentionally responsible, otherwise what's the point? What is at stake, really? It doesn't get them less money, from what I see.
Old 01-21-2011, 12:43 PM   #37
NeoMasterPie
Forum User

i miss the old maplestory like **** (played from 2005-2008, and i think i tried to come back in 2009 but couldn't make myself like the game again)... however the big bang update is something truly new for me and i'm willing to give MS another shot.

started a new character on a different account, add OMGDidInsane if you're on galicia.

ps: i bought $30 worth of nx back in '08 and it was the worst $30 i've ever spent

NeoMasterPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 04:10 PM   #38
dragon890x
FFR Veteran

Quote:
They didn't do what would be best for "everyone" because they don't want people taking advantage of the system,
Taking advantage of what? If anyone is gaining anything from this, it's the unfunded players who are also competing on the ranks.

Quote:
they do not want to be intentionally responsible,
They are responsible, I believe you are the sound who sounds ignorant.

Quote:
otherwise what's the point? What is at stake, really? It doesn't get them less money, from what I see.
Once again, players have spent more money than you can imagine. Honestly, are you even thinking about the situation? How does Nexon get money? Would you quit if something you spent over $500 on disappeared because of a fault caused by Nexon? I know a couple people myself who did. From what I see, you are blind.

[ Link ]

Last edited by dragon890x; 01-21-2011 at 04:12 PM..
Old 01-21-2011, 05:24 PM   #39
~kitty~
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Once again, players have spent more money than you can imagine. Honestly, are you even thinking about the situation? How does Nexon get money? Would you quit if something you spent over $500 on disappeared because of a fault caused by Nexon? I know a couple people myself who did. From what I see, you are blind.
You are not understanding a single thing I've said. You are completely blind, and ignorant to the shoes of the other party, thus your words are futile and do not matter. /end discussion.
Old 01-21-2011, 06:12 PM   #40
dragon890x
FFR Veteran

Quote:
You are not understanding a single thing I've said. You are completely blind, and ignorant to the shoes of the other party, thus your words are futile and do not matter. /end discussion.
How do you solve a puzzle using only the pieces you do not have?
You have trouble understanding why due to your failure to acknowledge the pieces laid out before you.

[ Link ]