Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR General Talk > Bug Reports and Suggestions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2011, 09:49 AM   #1
Netjet!
Sic itur ad astra
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Netjet! Send a message via Skype™ to Netjet!
Thumbs up What would YOU like to see in FFR?

Hey!

So recently, a lot of threads have been made about possible "Rebirth Projects", suggestions of how to make FFR a better place for newcomers, and for the general populace. I agree with a lot of you when you say "FFR needs a facelift". So this thread is dedicated to just that.

Any ideas, any at all, that you would like to see on FFR can be posted right HERE. Needless to say, this does not guarantee that they will be IMPLEMENTED, but it serves as a reference if the admins want ideas from the community. Think of this thread as a "Direct Line of Communication" between you guys (the members) and the staff (admins, moderators). I'm pretty sure that everyone, including myself, the moderators, and the admins, just want to see FFR flourish and grow as a community; therefore, if you guys have any ideas or fantastical dreams that you think would boost FFR, you can post them here.

I'm not going to write a huge wall-post, so I'll end it on a good note: FFR has been back up for almost a year now. When it re-launched, I was surprised, but also a little bit saddened, because I knew that it would never be restored to its former glory. Up until recently, I still thought that. Now that the one year mark is coming, however, I have realized that we, as a community, can make changes for a better place here. I've been (more or less) assisting the staff since I've come back, when Synth recruited me as a local moderator. I've made friends with Velo, aperson, Dom, Zageron, the mods, and the others; they are all very nice people, albeit with busy schedules. Even still, they want the best for our community. It's up to you guys to tell them what you want to see.

So post them here!

Here are some ideas from the "Possible FFR Rebirth" thread:

Quote:

Star Reaper

#2 = "um we could put a commercial on tv have a few people who are really good with that type of thing do the video. Also a good way to do it is by making donations for the commercial."

#31 = Honestly i think every post here should be used at some point in time. Also i think there should be a point system so as to perma ban anyone who goes over say 10 points per month. this idea would keep most people acting with some sort of restraint as to what kind of crap they can pull before paying for it.

Raskanally

#12 = "i personally believe we need more talk on a public forum board.
we need someone to actively update a Facebook page.
everyone and their mothers use facebook nowadays. what better way to get the word out?
There is already one made, or i would make one.
i post on my FB everytime i start to play for a while. You never know who might click the site link and sign-up.
I would also like to know if we have full access to the php code for the forums.
If so then i could make up some new icons for the forum board."

TC_Halogen

#13 = "ways to improve FFR:

- get users off of the complacency pedestal that they're sitting on
- get users to be less rude and more welcoming as a whole to everyone, rather than treating certain people like shit - I mean, look at yaboy; he gets targeted left and right for being a douchebag and acts like one because he knows that no one will ever take him seriously. i've never had issues with him on DF; he's a cool person, but that's just me
- host more events that involve the community outside of the forums; advertise tournaments with larger prize pools on the front page to get more and more people involved - this will cause newer users to trickle into the forums and more involved with the community just so as long as people are willing to be nice to newer communities
- break elitism in a lot of different things, such as segregation of skill levels (which was a good idea in theory, but worked out horribly with people trying to steal the spotlight at the top of the chain), simfiling, etc.
- enforce rules as they're written, and follow through with them for everyone, regardless of who they are. There's a lot of people who think they can get away with acting like pricks to anyone/everyone and that will detract users from joining"

DossarLX ODI

#16 = "SMO has done a great job in welcoming new players and having a nice community as well as eliminating elitism. They could definitely help."

igotrythum

#35 = Since we're focusing on a renaissance in the community instead of just new bells and whistles to add to the site itself, I'm thinking that the FFR "sample pack" on Kongregate that went up before the big crash needs to be expanded and updated. Seeing as I've seen ads in brick-and-mortar game stores like GameStop for the site, this hardly seems like a bad time investment.
Old 09-13-2011, 11:18 AM   #2
i love you
Live a wonderful life~

Default Re: What would YOU like to see in FFR?

Awesome thread!

I agree with most of the things people already said in the OP so I do not have much to say.

One thing I would REALLY love to see back on FFR is Video Chat. I think a lot of people would agree with me. :>
i love you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 12:17 PM   #3
justin_ator
🥓<strong><span style="col
Resident Overseer
FFR Veteran

Agreed with i love you. Haven't read through the prior suggestions up there, but definitely:

Get the FFR Perfect Project more publicity/make it an official site thing, rather than us just trying to keep it afloat.
Old 09-13-2011, 12:21 PM   #4
L0NEvvolf
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to L0NEvvolf

I really like the Idea of skill tokens in the game! Like the xboxs achivements, or play stations trophy system, If there were a point system implemented in the game like a new credit system it would encorage more people to join.
What if for instance we did away with credits, and instead of awarding a number of points for the score you get, award them for getting AAAs, FCs, and passing songs for the first time. And instead of needing 100000000 credits to unlock an item, only needing a handfull as they would be much harder to come by.
L0NEvvolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 12:25 PM   #5
justin_ator
🥓<strong><span style="col
Resident Overseer
FFR Veteran

Not a bad idea, really. Throw credits out the window and develop something worth obtaining. =]
Old 09-13-2011, 12:36 PM   #6
raskanally
165th Top Average Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to raskanally Send a message via MSN to raskanally Send a message via Yahoo to raskanally Send a message via Skype™ to raskanally

It would be like appointing a whole new government.
But in that case we did something like that, what would happen to the people who already have the tokens?
Would it only pertain to the new "Achievements" we came out with or would you be thinking about a whole system revamp?

Still just Smashing away
raskanally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 12:38 PM   #7
star reaper
owning ffr since 08
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to star reaper

One thing i would like if they had more tokens to search for on the site. Also a link in an obvious place on the main page so people don't have to search for the hints themselves? Plus a nice revamp for the forums would be awesome but i doubt that could happen any time soon.
Old 09-13-2011, 12:40 PM   #8
raskanally
165th Top Average Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to raskanally Send a message via MSN to raskanally Send a message via Yahoo to raskanally Send a message via Skype™ to raskanally

Would a revamp be just a cleaning, or whole new look?

Still just Smashing away
Old 09-13-2011, 12:41 PM   #9
star reaper
owning ffr since 08
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by L0NEvvolf View Post
I really like the Idea of skill tokens in the game! Like the xboxs achivements, or play stations trophy system, If there were a point system implemented in the game like a new credit system it would encorage more people to join.
What if for instance we did away with credits, and instead of awarding a number of points for the score you get, award them for getting AAAs, FCs, and passing songs for the first time. And instead of needing 100000000 credits to unlock an item, only needing a handfull as they would be much harder to come by.
Or we could take the cap off the credits and have more credits obtained per amount of arrows hit say three or four times the normal amount you would get now for the same song. i think people would see unlocking things as more realistic and it wouldn't change things way to much, well other than the value of credits that is.
Old 09-13-2011, 12:42 PM   #10
star reaper
owning ffr since 08
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by raskanally View Post
Would a revamp be just a cleaning, or whole new look?
well yeah, and then add new tokens to the game.
Old 09-13-2011, 12:45 PM   #11
raskanally
165th Top Average Player
FFR Veteran

I believe increasing the credit cap again would lessen the value.
It might work, but I personally think we would have to raise it slowly until we found a decent number that didnt make getting 100's of thousands easy.
Or if the cap did get raised then the amount to unlock songs would need to be increased as well.

Still just Smashing away
Old 09-13-2011, 12:49 PM   #12
star reaper
owning ffr since 08
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by raskanally View Post
I believe increasing the credit cap again would lessen the value.
It might work, but I personally think we would have to raise it slowly until we found a decent number that didnt make getting 100's of thousands easy.
Or if the cap did get raised then the amount to unlock songs would need to be increased as well.
well if we increased the amount for buying songs with credits and getting secret songs if we took the cap off the credit per song limit and gave more credits per song. i would think it would be good to also raise the amount for these things but not to the point where its basically the same amount of work before so we can make things a bit easier for the less addicted players to access more things and get more interested from that.
Old 09-13-2011, 12:53 PM   #13
star reaper
owning ffr since 08
FFR Veteran

Or, we could just double the amount of credits earned for songs and keep all the costs and other things the same. So its twice as fast but, even being twice the speed, it will still take some time to unlock all secret songs or get enough credits to buy a song.
Old 09-13-2011, 12:54 PM   #14
raskanally
165th Top Average Player
FFR Veteran

I agree.
A big thing we need to work on is getting the new people to use the forums, and take part in more tourneys.
With that would come more of a sense of connection between players.
I was against it originally, but I would like to see a 4+ player version of MP.
Even if it needs a different engine. Instead of it showing everyone arrows like the legacy it could work like SM-Online. Where you only see your arrows, but up in the corner it would show everyones current rank (AAA,AA,A,B,C,D,F).

EDIT: On another thought. Do we have access to change what that original post from Synth says?
I think it would help people if it linked to the Post where new people can introduce themselves, and also maybe a link to the forum rules and FAQ.

Still just Smashing away

Last edited by raskanally; 09-13-2011 at 01:04 PM.. Reason: Other Thought
Old 09-13-2011, 01:27 PM   #15
Elite Ninja
Kawaii Desu
Difficulty Consulting Cat
Difficulty ConsultantFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Yah there needs to be a good way of introducing new comers to the forums or community (also we need to improve the community so we don't scare off new comers). I see people learning about the forums existence years after they have made an account or first played FFR. First time I joined the site I didn't know about or participate in the forums til 6 months later. Which was 9 months of playing FFR.
Old 09-13-2011, 01:52 PM   #16
Xayphon
sausage
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

How about Local Mods that can lock threads and delete posts in their assigned forums and ban people for 1 hour to one day maximum (if certain persons need a longer ban, they can talk to the Forum Moderators/Super Moderators) to prevent spamming and trolling or something
Xayphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 02:30 PM   #17
Emithith
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xayphon View Post
How about Local Mods that can lock threads and delete posts in their assigned forums and ban people for 1 hour to one day maximum (if certain persons need a longer ban, they can talk to the Forum Moderators/Super Moderators) to prevent spamming and trolling or something
That seems like a good idea. I don't see any abuse possibilities there. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by DossarLX ODI in the Rebirth Thread View Post
Make it a requirement that in order to have an alternate account you must inform an administrator first. If you make an alternate account without informing beforehand, it'll get banned.
I still think this idea should be implemented. Probably instead of an admin okay-ing the alt, a local mod could.

edit
Quote:
Originally Posted by L0NEvvolf View Post
Instead of having the shop turn it into a place to find out how many credits are required before you unlock a specific song. Buying songs with credits is too oldschool. lol

Last edited by Emithith; 09-13-2011 at 02:32 PM..
Emithith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 02:54 PM   #18
raskanally
165th Top Average Player
FFR Veteran

But i feel as though they were only local mods, and still had to report to a higher more controlled Admin/Mod that it would still be containable.

Still just Smashing away
Old 09-13-2011, 03:51 PM   #19
Netjet!
Sic itur ad astra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xayphon View Post
I'm a local mod in Chit Chat, Newbie Forum, and FFR Suggestions. I can lock threads, delete posts, and do all of the "quick mod" functions. I can't ban though; I have to report anyone to a forum mod or an admin. What you've explained pretty much already happens, except for banning powers for local mods. It could work, though, because there honestly aren't many local mods who aren't forum mods (that are active).
Old 09-13-2011, 03:53 PM   #20
Netjet!
Sic itur ad astra

Oh, also, I think credits should be retired, and be replaced with something else. They've pretty much lost all value, because of the lack of opportunities to use them (Except secret songs, but you get my point). I think that we should introduce a new form of "currency" or something. The value can fluctuate if we want, with different ways to use it. Or we can think of a different idea.

EDIT: Final thing to add, I will edit the OP with all of the ideas that are suggested in this thread.