Old 05-5-2020, 07:07 PM   #3481
Duskfall
FFR Player

Default Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread

Are you guys the type of site that hammers outted scum or drags it out?
Old 05-5-2020, 07:11 PM   #3482
Duskfall
FFR Player

Oh wait it's only 24 hour day nvm that answers my question
Old 05-5-2020, 07:28 PM   #3483
Bolth mannn
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Well, I feel mighty stupid voting on a wolf wagon yesterday. It's good news for town though, I honestly thought the game was done for. Guys, why would all scum out themselves like that, and why would none of them jump on jessie, the easiest bus ever?

I know I haven't done the most work out of anyone all game, but I think its the worst time to get cocky and assume the game is figured out. I'm not scum.

It is extremely unlikely Dusk is scum with DbP after yesterday, so I'm taking him off the table. (If he actually is scum then mvp for wolf team theatre), and I'm obviously taking Leetic off the table

So Shadowe or Haku is our last wolf. At this point I don't really know who has more equity with Jessie and Dbp. I think both players could have equity with anyone in the game, which makes it a bit more difficult. I'm gonna Iso them both over the course of this phase and hopefully have a better lead.
Old 05-5-2020, 08:57 PM   #3484
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

I don't think Dusk/DBP is a thing here so that leaves Haku and Bolth.

Despite Haku's weird 180 on dusk yesterday, I think the third has to be bolth, mainly thru PoE on yesterday's EoD.

Yesterday was definitely mylo, meaning if wolves had won the mislynch, they would block and kill MML and win the game in one swoop. That means that, if you're a powerwolf (which DBP is), you get your team in line and force that mislynch.

I don't see a world where DBP commits that hard to saving Jess, only for Haku to abandon ship and bus, especially if there's an easy alternative with town!bolth already on the wolf wagon and Duskfall unaccounted for (he had yet to vote jessie).

Without Duskfall's switch, Haku voting Dusk would mean wolves win the lynch. With Dusk's switch, it's still KitB for a potential wolf win.

Basically, bolth is *always* the partner here unless Haku specifically and deliberately abandoned ship, ignored DBP (who would have been pleading with him to keep the powerwolf ship alive), and did his own thing without regard for consequence. As funny as that sounds, I don't think it's true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte
I followed the "by the book" play, but I was reading the "not to do" page.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
" I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley."
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoshL View Post
"i gave you 20 ducks, and spent a lot of time making one of them quack, and pointed at the particular one and asked "is that one the worst quacker"" ... "you could still give somewhat of an answer based on the quality of the quacks, and the other random quacks from the ducks surrounding that weren't the center of focus."
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie
"I love Wolfe's duck avi so much. Shado's Duck Shrine is the best!!
Old 05-5-2020, 09:10 PM   #3485
Hakulyte
the Haku
Retired StaffD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duskfall View Post
Are you guys the type of site that hammers outted scum or drags it out?
I would be okay with hammer on this phase.

It's mostly a question of if you guys want to debate about wolf #3, but I think this is starting to be clear enough.
Old 05-5-2020, 09:28 PM   #3486
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar

I am come of a race noted for vigor of fancy and ardor of passion. Men have called me mad; but the question is not yet settled, whether madness is or is not the loftiest intelligence -- whether much that is glorious- whether all that is profound -- does not spring from disease of thought -- from moods of mind exalted at the expense of the general intellect. They who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night. In their gray visions they obtain glimpses of eternity, and thrill, in awakening, to find that they have been upon the verge of the great secret

Facebook / Youtube / Twitter

Old 05-5-2020, 09:44 PM   #3487
Bolth mannn
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makilaz View Post
Vote Count:
5/4 @ 19:00

00:59 = GOOD
00:00 = BAD

==============

jessiebessie [3]
MixMasterLar, leetic, ShadoWolfe

Duskfall [2]
DaBackpack, Bolth mannn

DaBackpack [1]
Duskfall

At this point, Jessie as a wolf jumps on duskfall , meaning it’s 3/3

Duskfall is ALWAYS gonna self pres here so that leads to 4/3

Hakus vote would have caused a kitb at most, not a dusk lynch

A good sacrifice for haku to make to clear his name, cause as of that post, a dusk lynch was never happening unless one of the wolves was already on the Jessie wagon and switched last minute
Old 05-5-2020, 09:49 PM   #3488
Bolth mannn
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Whether haku moved there to clear his name once he realises a dusk lynch was happening or whether wolves had Wolfe already on the Jessie wagon ready to jump over if the chance for insta came up is what I’m deciding between
Old 05-5-2020, 09:50 PM   #3489
Bolth mannn
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Never happening*
Old 05-5-2020, 09:56 PM   #3490
Hakulyte
the Haku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolth mannn View Post
Whether haku moved there to clear his name once he realises a dusk lynch was never happening or whether wolves had Wolfe already on the Jessie wagon ready to jump over if the chance for insta came up is what I’m deciding between
I need you to realize that part of the reason why the Jessie wagon happened is also me, but MML did officially start it.
Old 05-5-2020, 10:02 PM   #3491
Hakulyte
the Haku

Quote:
Well, I feel mighty stupid voting on a wolf wagon yesterday. It's good news for town though, I honestly thought the game was done for. Guys, why would all scum out themselves like that, and why would none of them jump on jessie, the easiest bus ever?

I know I haven't done the most work out of anyone all game, but I think its the worst time to get cocky and assume the game is figured out. I'm not scum.

It is extremely unlikely Dusk is scum with DbP after yesterday, so I'm taking him off the table. (If he actually is scum then mvp for wolf team theatre), and I'm obviously taking Leetic off the table

So Shadowe or Haku is our last wolf. At this point I don't really know who has more equity with Jessie and Dbp. I think both players could have equity with anyone in the game, which makes it a bit more difficult. I'm gonna Iso them both over the course of this phase and hopefully have a better lead.
When there's a thunderdome in mylo, you need to vote between player A and player B because there's a 50% chance of being right.

It is the correct play for wolves in mylo to stack the town player and pressure a few town players to take the wrong decision.

I think wolves didn't knew what to do and ended up staying on Dusk because moving could have been weird after.

Meanwhile, both town PRs voted Jessie so, the rest of towns felt like they had no choice, but to follow MML/Leetic.

Your Duskfall vote felt very very grounded compared to the others.
Old 05-5-2020, 10:12 PM   #3492
Hakulyte
the Haku

To your defense, Shado's game looks annoyingly flawless and perfect.

It seems like he quickly get the right calls on everything and vote at the right place.

It worries me.
Old 05-5-2020, 10:14 PM   #3493
Hakulyte
the Haku

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe View Post
I don't think Dusk/DBP is a thing here so that leaves Haku and Bolth.

Despite Haku's weird 180 on dusk yesterday, I think the third has to be bolth, mainly thru PoE on yesterday's EoD.

Yesterday was definitely mylo, meaning if wolves had won the mislynch, they would block and kill MML and win the game in one swoop. That means that, if you're a powerwolf (which DBP is), you get your team in line and force that mislynch.

I don't see a world where DBP commits that hard to saving Jess, only for Haku to abandon ship and bus, especially if there's an easy alternative with town!bolth already on the wolf wagon and Duskfall unaccounted for (he had yet to vote jessie).

Without Duskfall's switch, Haku voting Dusk would mean wolves win the lynch. With Dusk's switch, it's still KitB for a potential wolf win.

Basically, bolth is *always* the partner here unless Haku specifically and deliberately abandoned ship, ignored DBP (who would have been pleading with him to keep the powerwolf ship alive), and did his own thing without regard for consequence. As funny as that sounds, I don't think it's true.
From my perspective, Shado already finished solving the game here.
Old 05-5-2020, 10:21 PM   #3494
Hakulyte
the Haku

I'll vote DBP now because next phase is still 24 hours and we can even get an additional 24 hours if we no lynch into a F3.

I'm pretty sure that's more than enough time.

I don't like overthinking too much because it usually does me more bad than good.

insta is 4.
Old 05-5-2020, 10:22 PM   #3495
Hakulyte
the Haku

If your schedule is terrible tomorrow, we can extend this phase too.
Old 05-5-2020, 11:00 PM   #3496
Bolth mannn
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte View Post
It is the correct play for wolves in mylo to stack the town player and pressure a few town players to take the wrong decision.

Definitely, my concern is that it’s just as correct to wait for towns to make that wrong decision and then stack up to insta afterwards.

Keeping one or two wolves off the wagon allows for more control over the mislynch.

Obviously, yesterday didn’t go in the wolves favour, but whatever has happened, whether it was you realising a dusk lynch wasn’t happening or Wolfe not needing to swap over last minute to cause an insta, has kept their last wolf a lot safer and has set me up for mislynch. I think it was pretty obvious that I wanted to and was going to vote for dusk. I think wolves took advantage of that. There was no need for all 3 to stack
Old 05-5-2020, 11:10 PM   #3497
Hakulyte
the Haku

Quote:
Definitely, my concern is that it’s just as correct to wait for towns to make that wrong decision and then stack up to insta afterwards.

Keeping one or two wolves off the wagon allows for more control over the mislynch.

Obviously, yesterday didn’t go in the wolves favour, but whatever has happened, whether it was you realising a dusk lynch wasn’t happening or Wolfe not needing to swap over last minute to cause an insta, has kept their last wolf a lot safer and has set me up for mislynch. I think it was pretty obvious that I wanted to and was going to vote for dusk. I think wolves took advantage of that. There was no need for all 3 to stack
Well, technically the game isn't fully solved for me.

It's a Bolth vs ShadoWolfe.

I'm fairly confident everyone else is town tho.
Old 05-5-2020, 11:40 PM   #3498
Hakulyte
the Haku

Quote:

The more I read this, the more I feel like I'm reading the perspective of a third person view rather than a town player having concerns between who's the wolf in Shado/Haku.

welp.
Old 05-5-2020, 11:55 PM   #3499
Bolth mannn
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte View Post
The more I read this, the more I feel like I'm reading the perspective of a third person view rather than a town player having concerns between who's the wolf in Shado/Haku.

welp.

Just a bit dejected, I feel like I’ve been played the entire game

You being scum makes the most sense to me based on the two possibilities I’m stuck between, but I’m townreading your posts a lot more than Wolfe’s
Old 05-6-2020, 12:05 AM   #3500
Hakulyte
the Haku

Quote:
Just a bit dejected, I feel like I’ve been played the entire game

You being scum makes the most sense to me based on the two possibilities I’m stuck between, but I’m townreading your posts a lot more than Wolfe’s
How do you feel about Shado being down for voting you.

Duskfall also felt like it was you as well.

There's even older posts where FG/Xiz were interested into voting you.

Your entrance mini wall ironically links you to DBP with the vote even if random.

You have a lot of posts centered around DBP in a similar fashion as jessie.

Looks like your votes were

D1 -> leetic (with me)
D2 -> Xiz (with Shadow and me)
D3 -> Duskfall (alone)
D4 -> Duskfall (alone with 2 wolves)

Not your best game if town.
Closed Thread